HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

I copied the more definitive answers (I know Hauntfan wanted ALL of them but I had begun copying down just these before I read that). There were a few where Murdy said "yes" as a way of answering a question that couldn't be answered in simple Magic 8 Ball form so I didn't bother copying those. Murdy was answering on average 3 questions per minute until around 2:45 he started slowing down and then at 2:50, practically stopped completely.

@HorrorNights do any of the antagonists have stages of transformation?

@thesaurusboy688 outlook good

[Wolfman returns?]

@HorrorNights Any of the houses take place in another... dimension/plane of existence?

@jymmymack As I see it, yes

[Very interesting... Silent Hill takes place in another dimension, no?]

@HorrorNights Will the lower lot scarezone be getting more decorations this year?

@1800DallasH don't count on it

[bOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! So much for what Freak has been telling me! :-P]

@HorrorNights Will any scarezones be populated with chainsaws this year?

@1800DallasH it is certain

@HorrorNights Will there be clowns again this year?

@ironkiller6876 outlook good

[These two probably go hand in hand...]

@HorrorNights Does "Classic Cowboy" refer to a fictional Cowboy?

@Jonny_Casanova As I see it, yes

[Didn't matter to me much but there ya have it.]

Updated: Murdy revived from the dead around 3:05 to answer more questions!

@HorrorNights Is "Carpenter" based off of a movie?

@Jonny_Casanova it is certain

[Can't remember if that's been confirmed or not yet...]

@HorrorNights Will one the mazes require alot women?

@LadeeAurora as I see it, yes

[La Llorona?.... Nurses????]

@HorrorNights Will the maze location Behind the Mummy have its queue under the escalators leading to the lower lot?

@1800DallasH it is certain

[That solves that mystery!]

@HorrorNights Will you tone down on the water spraying effects this year?

@1800DallasH no

[All hope is lost...]

@HorrorNights is klownz going to get their own maze?

@GurtejPanesar outlook not so good

[Ahhhh someone should ask about Freakz getting their own maze now!]

Edited by DTH316

@HorrorNights Will the lower lot scarezone be getting more decorations this year?

@1800DallasH don't count on it

[bOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! So much for what Freak has been telling me! :-P]

Eh, the zone probably won't need a lot of decorations anyway. As long as the cast and costumes are good, that's all that counts, right? ;)

I'm sure they're going to have to announce Silent Hill first (Like, this weekend). Before too long, the set dressings and props are going to be coming in and people will figure out what it is.....just like 2010.

If they bring back Klownz, it better be in the very front entrance and not the NY street again.

Eh, throw the Klownz on the lower lot. I say if they're going to disappoint us with a barebones scarezone it might as well be a repeat one that we don't have much expectation for anyway. Won't happen but we'll see.

Murdy gave a definitive answer saying the maze PR will be before the 18th (next Wednesday) and that at least two mazes will be announced before the end of the month.

Edited by DTH316

Logistically speaking, if Clownz does come back I'm sure it will be back on NY street. It doesn't really make sense to redesign an existing scare zone around a new location. I do agree that putting it in the lower lot would be kind of perfect but I just don't see it happening.

Thanks DTH for putting those up. Some of the answers are better than none! :)

Some of those answers spark interesting thinking. If Carpenter is based off a movie, doesn't that rule out the possibility of Alice Cooper for that codename? The transformation answer is also interesting, but it could be related to characters in a scarezone or Terror Tram. The question didn't specifically ask if it's in a maze.

Yup, Bloody Disgusting is either reading our spec thread a bit too literally or they just dropped the scoop!

(Nobody make a thread until we hear it from the horses mouth and we have a title and subtitle to properly name the forum, thanks!)

Good thing we will know FOR SURE at least one maze tomorrow!!! EXCITEMENT!!!

UPDATE: Did a little Google search. The news has spread pretty fast. I'm counting this as 99.9% true.

Edited by DTH316

If the rumors are true...

FIRST TO SPECULATE AWARDS!!!!

Silent Hill has been in talks since Sinister Pointe but the first to mention it for this speculation year was in December by... ILUVSTABWOUNDS!

The Walking Dead was mentioned last year but it didn't get any traction as a possibility until a Magic 8 Ball session in early June with Murdy after Orlando was looking at the possibility... JWFEARMAN was first to chime us in!

Even though these two properties have been part of the central speculation the past few weeks, an official announcement would indicate an awesome start to this season of scares!! I am stoked for this years version of Halloween Horror Nights.

Which leads to some other interesting possibilities (based on the history of this thread; some are repeated to show a pattern of speculation):

Early mentions

Cabin Fever/28 Days Later, Edgar Allan Poe, Alien, Apocalypse Maze, Exorcist/Devil Inside (or related possession theme) , Paranormal Activity, Resident Evil, Trick R Treat, Scream, Evil Dead, Insidious, Lady GaGa, (projectile barf), American Horror Story

Code Name Begins Phase

The Exorcist (again!), Alien, Scream Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Fright Night, Cemetary Gates, Woman in Black, American Werewolf in London, Children of the Corn, Oscar Wilde themed maze, Shakespeare themed maze, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (?), Salem’s Lot, Jack the Ripper, Cult or Classic Dracula/Frankenstein films, Hostel, The Collector,

Son of Code Names-The Continuation

Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal Lector, Clive Barker/Hellraiser, Evil Dead, Prince of Darkness, Trick R Treat, HOTC or Rob Zombie maze, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Alice Cooper, Snow White and the Huntsman (?), Chucky

June-July Speculation

American Horror Story, Scream 4, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, The Thing, Paranormal Activity, Amityville Horror, Insidious, Childs Play, Fright Night, Hostel, Hellraiser, Quarantine, Repeat of either La Llorona or top maze vote getter Alice Cooper, Tobe Hooper's Poltergeist, Funhouse, TCM, or new Djinn, Rob Zombie Something or Another, Exorcist, Freaks or Scarezone related maze, Zombieland, KISS Original Maze, Halloween (John Carpenter or Rob Zombie), The Descent, Leprechaun, Cabin in the Woods, The Hills Have Eyes (or Inbred related flick), Seven Deadly Sins original maze, Classic Monsters maze, Sinister, Shaun of the Dead, Woman in Black, Penn and Teller maze, Friday the 13th or Saw.

Between the two, I can't decide which I'm more excited for. Silent Hill seems like a much scarier idea with unsettling atmosphere, spine tingling music, frightening character/creatures, and overall feel. While Walking Dead would be plain out cool and the first post-hiatus TV show maze AND our first zombie maze -- which makes it a bit of an experiment in itself.

We are getting too good at this! We should be CSI!!!

with just those 2 Ill be happy if there was only one other maze called Alice Cooper meets Freddy and jason and goes to hell with Jigaw and Bansheeman this year is already EPIC that being said knock on wood here hoping we didnt infulence this and it turns out to be wrong! lol

Between the two, I can't decide which I'm more excited for. Silent Hill seems like a much scarier idea with unsettling atmosphere, spine tingling music, frightening character/creatures, and overall feel. While Walking Dead would be plain out cool and the first post-hiatus TV show maze AND our first zombie maze -- which makes it a bit of an experiment in itself.

While not a gamer and having so-so feeling after seeing the original Silent Hill in theaters, the visuals and presentation of its nightmarish world should lead to an awesome attraction. There is nothing like going through a "real-life" version of the film/property. Oh, and I know there was mention of the WD Season 3 trailer on this site, it looks great with different locales and characters. Hopefully we will get a sneak peak of the new season in the maze.

Edited by AsylumSB

I fear this means that they checked their sources and they were't valid...

It was noted on their twitter site that they were having server problems due to comic con coverage. The same story is referred to on twitter. Does not look like it was retracted.

Edited by AsylumSB

I am wondering if it's due to it not being officially leaked. BD generally is pretty accurate as well as usually has some sort of "relationship" as in they get preview and everything as well as HHN fans on their site. I am "counting" this as official!