HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Just a thought, but don't the walls in Terminator look very Silent Hill-ish to you?

2012-06-28191220.jpg

silent-hill-3-combat.jpg

Hmmmm....so Dante could be going in Terminator? It would make sense considering that such a theme could use a lot of space. They may also need room for that stilt walker Pyramid Head. ;)

Pretty hard to believe that Silent Hill is now looking like a strong possibility after years of wanting it.

Trust me even outside in que lines guests cant control themselves, from what I heard last year, both Natalia and Svetlana were threatened by female guests as they "flirted" their way through the lines, one Reaper was caught in the middle of a fight between guests, A female scareactor was kicked in the stomach at Terror Tram.

Even if we had scareactors in the que (which I would love to see) it would be hard without security backing them up or without anyone else there to help them. i'm one who would know this after sliding last year in the Mummy Que (guest threw a soda bottle at me and I threw it right back) xD

Not any harder then scareactors on the street, who tend not really have security back up either. In fact, they -used- to have scareactors in the mummy queue (for the ride, Not the maze). I think its probably budget reasons more then anything why they don't do that anymore.

I know this has been pointed out for the most part as far as the Silent Hill speculation goes, but I found a photo that pretty much says all. It's Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill with cotton candy in an amusement park with no clowns.

Lsamusepc.jpg

I know this has been pointed out for the most part as far as the Silent Hill speculation goes, but I found a photo that pretty much says all. It's Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill with cotton candy in an amusement park with no clowns.

Lsamusepc.jpg

Holy shit that makes sense !

The big question now is though... video game or the movie?!

There's no rabbit, cotton candy or amusement park in the movie I'm pretty sure, but it is in the video game. My money is on the video game or games for sure. Even though the movie was cool, the games are definitely more creepy. I'm actually in the mood to pop those games in again on my PS3.

There's no rabbit, cotton candy or amusement park in the movie I'm pretty sure, but it is in the video game. My money is on the video game or games for sure. Even though the movie was cool, the games are definitely more creepy. I'm actually in the mood to pop those games in again on my PS3.

I think someone posted a screen shot for the sequal (I think thats were its from) and it was a theme park so who knows but I hope they add in elements from the game and the movies like Trevler says.

http://www.movieweb....park-set-photos

I think someone posted some of those photos. But yes, there's definitely a theme park in the new movie.

Looking at that first picture, I say it's pretty easy to tell what the facade will be... although it is a clown... so we could all be wrong afterall...

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/silent-hill-revelation-3d/PGzp65iSn31nBH/2FA3h5p95zBkx85

But this popcorn stand clearly says cotton candy on it as well.

http://www.movieweb....he-nurse-demons

There's also the nurses in the movie.

Edited by DTH316

With all this speculation on Silent Hill, it did remind me that one of the clues for "Dante" is a scene will have the scent of Cotton Candy. Looking at the picture of Robbie Rabbit holding cotton candy, it certainly does seem to be more plausible.

Hey everyone! I have taken a while to chime in this year - things have been quite busy - but I'm ba-ack!

Anyway, Silent Hill is certainly looking quite plausible. My guess would be close to Trevlor's (for some reason Trevlor and I always seem to be in agreeance), that the maze might be most heavily based on the upcoming film (which is evidently based, in turn, on Silent Hill 3 - the true sequel to the original game) but will probably contain elements from different games throughout the franchise. Although if Murdy has not spent a lot of time with the games, it makes me wonder how many clever references or "inside jokes" will actually be included. Hopefully he has people on his design team that have played more than 20 minutes. Haha! That said, the franchise (particularly those early entries) are ripe to be turned into a maze. The sound design will be key, as it was always one of the creepiest and most important elements to the video games (I can imagine that creepy radio static when monsters are closing in - chilling!!)

The Rabbit is also very reminiscent of the old pre-hiatus bunny atmosphere scareactor - I wonder if they will dig that old costume out or create a new one from scratch. As stated on some posts last year, I miss the bunny! I also miss the flasher (some of you were talking about that earlier) and do think that it would be cool to have a few (more?) scareactors that repeated from year to year. I know that this kind of happens when they reuse scrae zones but in the old days there were a handfull of random creeps that weren't tied to any particular SZ or maze that would come back every year, which I thought was pretty cool.

Looking forward to some maze announcements in the upcoming days/weeks! Good to be back! >=)

-MM

Not to belabor the point with speculaton on Silent Hill, and everyone's great detective work, a while ago John Murdy mentioned that there is a possibility of one of the mazes would be in 3D like HOTC. If that is the case, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (yes the D in the title clue!) would fit.

Oh, and I'm sure someone may have mentioned this in the 30+ pages of speculation, but Quigley may not have to anything to do with Eastwood or Reynolds. I was on the IMDB soundtrack page for Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007) and one of the music bits was Bing Crosby's "Deck the Halls". Crosby was on the list, but not sure of his involvement with Universal. Maybe it's not Lords of Salem, but Zombie's take on the John Carpenter classic. The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers maze was a big hit previously, maybe this version would be brought to life this year.

Edited by AsylumSB

You're absolutely right about the D possibly being 3D. I never thought of that and is one of those "obvious but we over thought it" things that Murdy is known for. I just never thought of Silent Hill as a 3D maze since the games are mostly blinding white in atmosphere but then again, the 3D they use isn't really 3D anyway (or at least to me it isn't, never saw a 3D thing the last two years other than the facade of HOTC). From the way Murdy has been describing Dante, with words like "trippy" and such, are pretty much the same key words he used to describe HOTC when developing the 3D. Also, with the early spec that Dante is going in the T2 queue, it'd be the same location as years prior, although I don't think that's much of a deal maker other than cosmic coincidence (kinda like the way we talk about good mazes being in particular venues).

I'd like to see Halloween come back, so that wouldn't bug me a bit.

I don't think this is relevant to speculation about the mazes but I do feel it important to bring up that the HHN short film competition will not happen for 2012

I read that yesterday, I think, and was bummed out by that. But it never served a real purpose because they never showed the clips during the event in the queues like they said they would every year. I was actually going to enter for shits and giggles to see how far I got but oh well.

Edited by DTH316

The only problem with it being Bing Crosby is it doesn't match with the clues entirely. One of the clues for Quigley was "two of the actors on the list were fired by Universal on the same day. This actor is one of them." The only two that share that in common are Burt Reynolds and Clint Eastwood.

And welcome to the forums, Beast! And any other newcomers I may have not yet said welcome to!

And HOPEFULLY we do get our first announcement this week (or upcoming week, whatever). Mid-July would technically be the 11th (Wednesday) to around the 18th (Wednesday after that). I'm suspecting more toward the latter but don't get your hopes up, or else we get too eager, waiting around for press releases to come at midnight (which never happens lol).

Edited by DTH316

You're absolutely right about the D possibly being 3D. I never thought of that and is one of those "obvious but we over thought it" things that Murdy is known for. I just never thought of Silent Hill as a 3D maze since the games are mostly blinding white in atmosphere but then again, the 3D they use isn't really 3D anyway (or at least to me it isn't, never saw a 3D thing the last two years other than the facade of HOTC). From the way Murdy has been describing Dante, with words like "trippy" and such, are pretty much the same key words he used to describe HOTC when developing the 3D. Also, with the early spec that Dante is going in the T2 queue, it'd be the same location as years prior, although I don't think that's much of a deal maker other than cosmic coincidence (kinda like the way we talk about good mazes being in particular venues).

I could see it being 3D with the whole Grey and white but an effect that could be a 3D effect that would be cool is the embers and ash floating around in the movies and some games.

What code name fits with the Silent Hill franchise?

Was it Dante?

yes

and on Halloween to be honest I can't see it fitting any of the code names and did'nt Murdy say no Myers on one of the 8ball games? IMO I rather see Rob Zombie do a maze of his own creation weither it be original or Movie based not just a remake he did. Im still pulling for a lords of salem or Original RZ house.