HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

^ You're right, Murdy did deny Michael Myers appearing at this year's event. I'm all for Lords of Salem but I'm getting a bit apprehensive about an original maze from RZ. I mean, this is Halloween HORROR Nights, not Halloween Rocker-Gets-To-Make-Up-Something-Scary Nights. I want the cinematic element of Universal's mazes to stick. Alice Cooper was a bit of a stretch but La Llorona felt like walking into a movie. Even Vampyre had a cinematic story. As long as these ideas feel movie-like, I'm all for them but continuing down the path of more Alice Cooper, "the mind of Rob Zombie" and God forbid a KISS maze -- just sounds like a mistake to me. Before we know it, an entire year will be Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, KISS and Snoop Dogg's House of Horrors. This rocker stuff should be tread very carefully!

• Like 1

Well the reason behind me thinking an original Rob Zombie maze is a good idea is that he is also a Director and him making a maze would use his directing talents and unlike Alice Cooper where it was basicly "Ooooooo my songs have creepy names and lyrics lets make a maze" I loved the Alice cooper maze but my big problem with it was it had no story to it, it was just walking from bedroom to the french revolution to an asylum to a school into a blackwidow, I wouldnt want an Original RZ maze and it just be you will be scared by the "Living Dead Girl", "American Witch", "Nazi Were Wolf". "The Creeper" ect.

Murdy said that Dante will include elevator music and an awful twist on motivational posters. Does Silent Hill have an office setting in it at all?

Murdy said that Dante will include elevator music and an awful twist on motivational posters. Does Silent Hill have an office setting in it at all?

I havnt played it in years but it sounds like it would fit.

I think it's safe to say that there will be a Silent Hill maze from the previous few pages of this post, plus a Walking Dead maze. The clues line up for walking dead: Classic Cowboy, Super Bowl city that never won (Atlanta Falcons never won a superbowl), character named Maggie, Song being End of the World as we Know it. And the biggest clue of all being that it's already been announced for Orlando which makes it all the more likely they'll do it here.

So what else are we going to see? My money is on an original Rob Zombie maze, which doesn't get me crazy excited but I did enjoy the Alice Cooper house enough to want to see what he could come up with.

I am hoping the last house will be a house based on something cool like La Llarona was, or a completely new idea. La Llarona was my favorite house ever at horror nights Hollywood, and I'd love to see that kind of quality brought to another original house this year.

I think it's safe to say that there will be a Silent Hill maze from the previous few pages of this post, plus a Walking Dead maze. The clues line up for walking dead: Classic Cowboy, Super Bowl city that never won (Atlanta Falcons never won a superbowl), character named Maggie, Song being End of the World as we Know it. And the biggest clue of all being that it's already been announced for Orlando which makes it all the more likely they'll do it here.

So what else are we going to see? My money is on an original Rob Zombie maze, which doesn't get me crazy excited but I did enjoy the Alice Cooper house enough to want to see what he could come up with.

I am hoping the last house will be a house based on something cool like La Llarona was, or a completely new idea. La Llarona was my favorite house ever at horror nights Hollywood, and I'd love to see that kind of quality brought to another original house this year.

Welcome bat, so good to see our side of the site growing!

Walking Dead hasn't been officially announced for Orlando yet, btw. It'll probably be announced the same time as it is here in joint press releases. But all the clues point to that for Classic Cowboy. Honestly, if that codename isn't Walking Dead, I'll be SHOCKED. Silent Hill seems like it could just be coincidences tying things together and it's quite possible Dante is semi-original.

And yes, La Llorona was a FANTASTIC maze. I really dig the mazes that aim to be atmospheric and have amazing scares. It's why I fell in love with HHN in the first place because when I went through TCM in 07 and 08, Knotts hadn't produced anything of the same caliber or anything as close as scary. The ultra-scary and moody mazes is something I thought HHN would just keep pushing out but apparently it's only one maze a year that's like that. (07,08 - TCM, 09 - Halloween, 10 - NOES [not my fav maze that year but out of the choices, it seemed like it focused the most on being scary], 11 - Llorona)

welcome to the site on behave of the HNN Mod Team.

^ That's the VERY VERY VERY short story lmao

Here's just the VERY VERY short story:

(I'd link you to what each of the codenames these apply to and what not but that would only be the VERY short story)

As Grind said, 99% sure on Walking Dead.

He says 75% on Silent Hill, I would say 85%!

La Llorona is probably going to return. My speculation says it's either Poltergeist or The Exorcist though. But La Llorona seems like a big possibility.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre could very well return! Not enough significant proof toward that yet but early speculation leads us into that area.

Lords of Salem maze seems likely. Either that or Rob Zombie doing an original maze of some sort.

Earlier, we believed House of Horrors may not get an overlay and just promote the "100 Years of Horror" but Murdy recently suggested industrial/dubstep/electronic music will be in the maze, leading us to believe The Reapers may get a maze this year.

There's doubts Eli Roth will return since he has to open the Goretorium in Vegas this October.

Alice Cooper doesn't fit any of the hints yet but we're not ruling him out. There's also been talk of a KISS maze *shutters at the thought*

We're going to be seeing more of the clowns. Amusement parks in 2 mazes. The possible return of 3D. Giant vehicles. Giant facades. The biggest set they've ever done at HHN in one of the mazes. A possible scare from below due to a pit being dug in the WWW arena. All 6 of the locations from before will return but the extended Mummy queue location will have a rerouted queue due to Transformers. Nothing has lead us to believe Terror Tram will be in a new location other than some survey questions. Terror Tram will be based off a property again (ala Scream 4), whether or not that property will also be a maze or scarezone is yet to be seen. 2 properties pulled out and were changed -- one earlier in the year and one at the last minute. The mazes only take place in two countries this year, as oppose to last year which was 6 (France, Mexico, United States, Antarctica, some Russian country, London).

If we were 100% right, the mazes would be:

The Walking Dead

Silent Hill

La Llorona

Lords of Salem

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

FEAR the Reaper (in the House of Horrors)

^ I'd say that's a pretty good line up.

I think you know the jist of it now haha

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

There's no rabbit, cotton candy or amusement park in the movie I'm pretty sure, but it is in the video game. My money is on the video game or games for sure. Even though the movie was cool, the games are definitely more creepy. I'm actually in the mood to pop those games in again on my PS3.

The new movie does indeed have all three of those and it comes out October 26th.

Linky Link to the set pictures

^ That's the VERY VERY VERY short story lmao

Here's just the VERY VERY short story:

(I'd link you to what each of the codenames these apply to and what not but that would only be the VERY short story)

As Grind said, 99% sure on Walking Dead.

He says 75% on Silent Hill, I would say 85%!

La Llorona is probably going to return. My speculation says it's either Poltergeist or The Exorcist though. But La Llorona seems like a big possibility.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre could very well return! Not enough significant proof toward that yet but early speculation leads us into that area.

Lords of Salem maze seems likely. Either that or Rob Zombie doing an original maze of some sort.

Earlier, we believed House of Horrors may not get an overlay and just promote the "100 Years of Horror" but Murdy recently suggested industrial/dubstep/electronic music will be in the maze, leading us to believe The Reapers may get a maze this year.

There's doubts Eli Roth will return since he has to open the Goretorium in Vegas this October.

Alice Cooper doesn't fit any of the hints yet but we're not ruling him out. There's also been talk of a KISS maze *shutters at the thought*

We're going to be seeing more of the clowns. Amusement parks in 2 mazes. The possible return of 3D. Giant vehicles. Giant facades. The biggest set they've ever done at HHN in one of the mazes. A possible scare from below due to a pit being dug in the WWW arena. All 6 of the locations from before will return but the extended Mummy queue location will have a rerouted queue due to Transformers. Nothing has lead us to believe Terror Tram will be in a new location other than some survey questions. Terror Tram will be based off a property again (ala Scream 4), whether or not that property will also be a maze or scarezone is yet to be seen. 2 properties pulled out and were changed -- one earlier in the year and one at the last minute. The mazes only take place in two countries this year, as oppose to last year which was 6 (France, Mexico, United States, Antarctica, some Russian country, London).

If we were 100% right, the mazes would be:

The Walking Dead

Silent Hill

La Llorona

Lords of Salem

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

FEAR the Reaper (in the House of Horrors)

^ I'd say that's a pretty good line up.

I think you know the jist of it now haha

Okay sweet, thank you DTH!

On the maze that could quite possibly be La Llorona, I was guessing either poltergeist or the excorcist as well.

And a Silent Hill maze would be pure amazingness. I have been waiting for that one.

I've missed you guys!

The new movie does indeed have all three of those and it comes out October 26th.

He was referring to the first film. We've seen the set photos now and are happily aware that all the right ingredients are in play *smiles demonically*

Okay sweet, thank you DTH!

On the maze that could quite possibly be La Llorona, I was guessing either poltergeist or the excorcist as well.

And a Silent Hill maze would be pure amazingness. I have been waiting for that one.

I've missed you guys!

I'm HOPING it's Poltergeist. That'd just be freakin' awesome and I'd be so excited to see how they make it a maze. And ofcourse, The Exorcist being the Exorcist, how could you turn that down? Even if one thinks those aren't good concepts for mazes, they can't deny those are MUST SEEs to see how they were pulled off.

Never leave us again!!! :'(

I finally realized what all the hold up is over The Exorcist. I remember reading about a month ago, the book was going to be turned into a TV show. I thought nothing of it though, other than, "hm, I gotta check that out when it comes on." That seemed like a fairly new development... but then I read this...

(read toward the end for just what I'm referring to and look at the date the article was written)

http://www.fright.com/edge/ExorcistSequels.htm

Apparently the TV show has been in the making for awhile. And James Robinson (the owner of the rights to The Exorcist) is apparently very picky about how The Exorcist is handled.

Could this TV show finally getting off the ground be what Murdy has been having to wait for?

With the TV show being put into production, we can see it's premiere as early as late this fall-winter to even early spring or summer. But knowing how the industry is, they may hold it back all the way until Fall 2013 to line up with the Halloween season.

THAT'S when we'll finally be getting our Exorcist maze!

I realy dont know about Polterguist and TCM to me there is possibility, but like TCM was push back to january and shortly after Murdy annoucened a maze got droped Im pretty sure it was TCM, as for polterguist its more of a gut feeling for me cuz some cluses fit but as far as it matching suffer little children its kinda off.

^ Which clues seem off? Murdy said there are children in the property for Suffer Little Children, which would rule out TCM (unless we're speaking of the remake which had Jedidiah). Poltergeist, clearly, had kids in it BUT will there really be two Tobe Hooper mazes? La Llorona returning just kinda makes sense right now and perhaps her character was inspired by Dick Smith. But the only big horror movie of his I can see being done is Poltergeist (he worked on part 3). So it kinda HAS to be between La Llorona and Poltergeist, considering he never worked on TCM. Unless it's the long shot Exorcist.

Remember, Quigley is (probably) directed by Tobe Hooper since that was part of the hints. And the hint of Eastwood would match since his son is in the new TCM.

MAYBE the first codename was dropped once TCM got pushed back. But THEN since Amok got cancelled too, the theme park execs scrambled to find a replacement and settled with going back to TCM, even though the release date was a little further back then they hoped, but perhaps that was the next best choice?

Edited by DTH316

I'm HOPING it's Poltergeist. That'd just be freakin' awesome and I'd be so excited to see how they make it a maze. And ofcourse, The Exorcist being the Exorcist, how could you turn that down? Even if one thinks those aren't good concepts for mazes, they can't deny those are MUST SEEs to see how they were pulled off.

Never leave us again!!! :'(

I would be honestly happy with either of those mazes. They're fantastic. And I will try not to!(:

What sort of monsters would there be in Poltergeist? Its been a while since I've seen the movie, but I remember a clown doll, a big creature, and a few corpses at the end. Wasn't most of the stuff that happened done by invisible ghosts?

What sort of monsters would there be in Poltergeist? Its been a while since I've seen the movie, but I remember a clown doll, a big creature, and a few corpses at the end. Wasn't most of the stuff that happened done by invisible ghosts?

That is true, I haven't seen the movie in quite some time as well but I don't remember there being a lot of actual creatures/monsters in it...hmmm.

After seeing the pictures of the new Silent Hill movie, I definitely agree that there's a match. The movie gets released Oct 26th. Furthermore, everyone who goes in the maze before Oct 26 won't really know the scenes. I'm sure that doesn't matter too much as long as it looks very Silent Hill-ish.

I agree that there wasn't a whole lot of monsters in Poltergeist. For as much as I love that movie, I just don't see an awesome maze coming out of it. If they do though, they better add the dwarf lady.

Edited by manbeast

If they do have Poltergeist, I could see them using the ghost scare actors like what they used in legendary Truth to make it work.

Disclaimer: I have yet to see the movie. I bought it on BluRay so I should be watching it soon.

^ Which clues seem off? Murdy said there are children in the property for Suffer Little Children, which would rule out TCM (unless we're speaking of the remake which had Jedidiah). Poltergeist, clearly, had kids in it BUT will there really be two Tobe Hooper mazes? La Llorona returning just kinda makes sense right now and perhaps her character was inspired by Dick Smith. But the only big horror movie of his I can see being done is Poltergeist (he worked on part 3). So it kinda HAS to be between La Llorona and Poltergeist, considering he never worked on TCM. Unless it's the long shot Exorcist.

Remember, Quigley is (probably) directed by Tobe Hooper since that was part of the hints. And the hint of Eastwood would match since his son is in the new TCM.

No I Mean I DOUBT TCM completly it was pushed back so I DOUBT we will see TCM this year. and what I ment about Polterguist is that the clues fit but the codename does not the song "Suffer Little Children" is about Child Murders in the moores of Manchester England So I think 3 points 1. Child Murder 2. Moores and 3. Manchester or England which non have to do with polterguist yes their are children in those movies but im pretty sure they survived IDK thats just my thinking.

If they do have Poltergeist, I could see them using the ghost scare actors like what they used in legendary Truth to make it work.

Disclaimer: I have yet to see the movie. I bought it on BluRay so I should be watching it soon.

*stops......................* WAIT.... you've never seen Poltergeist?!

*minor spoilers below*

Anywho, as for scareactors, I imagine they'll take bits out of the other 2 movies. For example, the Dick Smith thing only applies to the third film, which includes that old man with the hat, I forget his name. I imagine he'd make an appearance in the maze. I just think it's time for HHN to do an unconventional maze -- use sound and puppetry effects instead of man jumping toward you. It'd be great if the introductory scene of the maze is the main bedroom with the snowy TV. "They're heeeere." From there, all hell breaks loose. Get the 4 or 5 good bits from the movie -- clown room, tree through the window, the bathroom scene (UGGGGH, scariest shit EVER in a PG movie), a seance scene with ghosts, graves rising and skeletons sequence and then the final scene with that thing in the closet (I'm being vague on purpose). That alone is good for HALF to 2/3 of a maze. Plus going into the second film with that worm scene and into the third film with the mirrors, elevators and pools and stuff. It'd be a GREAT maze and wouldn't seem so basic with scary men jumping out of boo holes the entire time.

No I Mean I DOUBT TCM completly it was pushed back so I DOUBT we will see TCM this year. and what I ment about Polterguist is that the clues fit but the codename does not the song "Suffer Little Children" is about Child Murders in the moores of Manchester England So I think 3 points 1. Child Murder 2. Moores and 3. Manchester or England which non have to do with polterguist yes their are children in those movies but im pretty sure they survived IDK thats just my thinking.

It's just the song title that's the hint, not the song as a whole. You're taking the codename's origin a bit too literally!

Edited by DTH316

Right, only the title is the clue, but poltergeist only refers to 1 child suffering. I know murdy can be very specific with that type of thing.

I think the speculation is that poltergeist refers to Quigley with the Tobe Hooper clue.