HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

John Murdy mentioned that older film properties were difficult to obtain because contracts for earlier films had no languaage pertaining to theme park rights. Since I just missed the "Big 3", was TCM based on the original, sequels, or reboot? If TCM were to be one of the attractions this year, do you think it would be for the past (70's and offshoots), present (2003-2007), or future (TCM 3D)?

The original was based exclusively on the remake. I believe that we had a maze planned for TCM 3D but when that got pushed back that maze was scrapped. If Quigley is TCM I would imagine it would be the 70's film because of the release date issue with the new film.

I'd assume it'd be based on the 3D one, but since it's been pushed back, it could be any of them. :P

The original was based exclusively on the remake. I believe that we had a maze planned for TCM 3D but when that got pushed back that maze was scrapped. If Quigley is TCM I would imagine it would be the 70's film because of the release date issue with the new film.

This has been an off/on topic in the many pages of this thread. I would push for the original if I had my choice as I found it a straight-forward horror film. But, would definately settle for any version. At one point we were talking about Tobe Hooper's involvement; I can see him being involved with the original version or his Funhouse film. Somewhere Poltergeist may fit in, but there may have been too much interference with Spielberg and other "suits" during the filming that Hooper may not want to be involved if rights were given to HHN.

Getting difficult to speculate the remaining properties, the little poster on FB may or may not be a hint. If so, seems to be more large scale horror, not a smaller, personal property.

I'd say it's up to the fan base too.

Did any of us massively vote for the Grudge or Quarantine to be at Universal? Not really. Evil Dead? Yeah. Maybe because Knott's has it, it'll only be hyped up more and perhaps will be at Universal. :P

People ask for The Grudge. And many other J-horror films. Not saying Evil Dead is IMPOSSIBLE, but it's just LESS likely now, and it was already not likely to begin with, nearly eliminating its chances.

John Murdy mentioned that older film properties were difficult to obtain because contracts for earlier films had no languaage pertaining to theme park rights. Since I just missed the "Big 3", was TCM based on the original, sequels, or reboot? If TCM were to be one of the attractions this year, do you think it would be for the past (70's and offshoots), present (2003-2007), or future (TCM 3D)?

Based off the reboot/remake. Had the music, environments and kills from that movie. In the queue, they showed clips from both that and "The Beginning" but there weren't any elements from "The Beginning" in there that I can remember. As for this year, my guess would be the original considering Tobe Hooper's possible involvement. He has nothing to do with the remakes, only one of the sequels and nothing to do with the new one (which is also a sequel to the original series and NOT the remake series).

In regards to Funhouse, Murdy is interested in it and Eli Roth is supposed to remake it.

I'd assume when that time comes, we'll have maze. :o

It'll never happen. Eli Roth says he's making a dozen movies a year. He hasn't directed jack (I mean films, here, not shorts or TV episodes) since Hostel II and that was, what? 07,08? Basically he has a bunch of dream projects that he says WILL happen. Whether or not he's actually talking to production companies about them, I don't know, but I imagine not if not one single film out of the 50 he's said he's going to do have never been made. I think he's FINALLY making another flick that's set in Peru but I won't believe it until I see it in production because even that's a long ways away from release (2014).

Well, though I haven't seen Funhouse nor know what it's about, I wouldn't mind seeing another brand new movie be involved with a maze. :P It's pretty kool to see it happen.

As for TCM, I remember Murdy saying he went through the film three times in one day, so I assume it's already out.

It'd be kinda weird to go through an unfinished movie. o.o Possible, though.

Based off the reboot/remake. Had the music, environments and kills from that movie. In the queue, they showed clips from both that and "The Beginning" but there weren't any elements from "The Beginning" in there that I can remember. As for this year, my guess would be the original considering Tobe Hooper's possible involvement. He has nothing to do with the remakes, only one of the sequels and nothing to do with the new one (which is also a sequel to the original series and NOT the remake series).

one of the first time you see leatherface in the maze he had his mask he wore before he made the deadskin mask in "The Begaining" thats all I can remember.

^Poltergeist

I'd like to add, in addition to all this TCM speculation, it's also TCM's 40th anniversary. They're even releasing a new blu-ray for it in October. Considering I've never been to HHN when TCM was there, I'm allllllll for it.

Edited by manbeast

So John has access to all the sounds from the new Silent Hill movie.

Honestly, I'm hoping he doesn't use all of them.

I'm guaranteeing the games have more creepier sounds than the movie.

EDIT:

Happening right now. If you read this, tweet Lizard right now to help us win the game. :D

Universal Halloween@HorrorNights

A lot of people keep asking when the next maze announcement is gonna happen? I'll make you a deal. Gotta little game that will decide this

Edited by Kurseddragon

He said Sweet Dreams. Implying there will be an announcement tomorrow. Anyone agree? :)

Edit: He just confirmed an announcement tomorrow. Hopefully it's of Soap Opera... I mean Suffer Little Children ;)

Edited by Hauntfan

^Oh, okay, good. :) It's funny. Every time there is a maze announcement I tell myself "remember what time it is announced so you remember for next time so you don't KILL yourself with anticipation!" But every time... I forget when they announce it. Can somebody remind me around what time they've been announcing them? :) I seem to remember the announcements around noon, but I think AC was at like 11 or something. But I'm not certain.

Edited by Hauntfan

This is awesome. Today's my birthday. Evil Dead announcement the day before (my all time favorite horror movie) and an HHN announcement the day of. I'll also be at Universal today so I'll be checking my phone to see the news. Probably just La Llorona or something original/Universal (HOH) if he can just decide when to announce it.

This is awesome. Today's my birthday. Evil Dead announcement the day before (my all time favorite horror movie) and an HHN announcement the day of. I'll also be at Universal today so I'll be checking my phone to see the news. Probably just La Llorona or something original/Universal (HOH) if he can just decide when to announce it.

Happy Birthday DTH! :D Have fun at Universal today. Glad you got your birthday wish.

Edited by Hauntfan

^Oh, okay, good. :) It's funny. Every time there is a maze announcement I tell myself "remember what time it is announced so you remember for next time so you don't KILL yourself with anticipation!" But every time... I forget when they announce it. Can somebody remind me around what time they've been announcing them? :) I seem to remember the announcements around noon, but I think AC was at like 11 or something. But I'm not certain.

2:00 PM for Silent Hill.

10:30 AM for Walking Dead.

11:00 AM for Alice Cooper.