HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

i have no idea what Quigley is....anyway the window is open until 11pm for anyone who wishes to guess..... BTW hi everyone ^waves* i am new to the forum just didn't say much on here:)

I guess I missed it. Did anyone guess it? It was most likely referring to Tom Sellek. He was in a movie called Quigley Down Under & turned down the Indiana Jones role...

Hi, everyone, I'm new here. :P

I was gonna post something, but I couldn't because my profile hadn't been reviewed yet.

Sadly, while I was being reviewed, someone posted exactly what I was going to post, but it happened to be ignored so far.

So repeating this, I think Quigley = Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Quigley = Two famous people fired on the same day = One has something to do with a movie, but isn't in it himself = Clint Eastwood = Clint Eastwood's son, Scott Eastwood, the main character of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Makes sense, right?

Edited by Kurseddragon

^Welcome to HNN, we've been speculating for awhile now that Quigley is TCM, with those exact clues. But, Quigley's the one nobody has ever been a 100% on the entire speculation period! ;)

Oh, really? :o

I went a few pages back and couldn't find anything about it. :P

I'm assuming someone has guessed it on Twitter since John usually says when no one has gotten it correct yet.

^Probably, I know DTH goes and looks for the answer in the tweets for the window. Someone should get on this! :)

I've been looking at all his recent tweets. :P

None have given any new information or hints for Quigley, or any of the remaining two in general.

I wish there was just one more hint for something new to look up. D:

Hi, everyone, I'm new here. :P

I was gonna post something, but I couldn't because my profile hadn't been reviewed yet.

Sadly, while I was being reviewed, someone posted exactly what I was going to post, but it happened to be ignored so far.

So repeating this, I think Quigley = Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Quigley = Two famous people fired on the same day = One has something to do with a movie, but isn't in it himself = Clint Eastwood = Clint Eastwood's son, Scott Eastwood, the main character of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Makes sense, right?

welcome from the HNN team!!!

anywho

what I realy hopes happens is Carl's Jr does the HHN collectors cup I mss those and still have my Jack in the box and Del Cups.

Welcome to our nightmares Kurseddragon! I think you're going to like it.

I just thought of something here. Late last year or earlier this year, I did some high-in-the-sky wishful thinking that I forgot I had until now. Since Lords of Salem will have some environments that are hilly, foresty, and even a bit cave-like, it would feel a bit redundant from House of Horrors; after all, the setting is in Salem, Massachusetts. So why not solve that problem and put it inside House of Horrors? Just relocate the permanent sets like the cave walls and other things and redo the whole maze. I figured they would never do that, but now look at the update we found out regarding House of Horrors.

Going off mostly by my pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking, the more I think about it, the more l think that Lords of Salem is becoming a real possibility. Since you know how Rob Zombie is pretty good friends with John Murdy and loves the event, I think it's time to write it back onto the speculation table. It's Lionsgate, Zombie is involved, the sign in front of Corpses last year, and it could allow some of the House of Horrors sets to be reused.

Honestly, there's quite a few themes that could fit really well into the House of Horrors if they just revised a few things here and there.

Trick 'r Treat would suit it pretty well, however, I'm hoping that doesn't happen since I believe Trick 'r Treat deserves to be its own maze and not a revision in the House of Horrors. :P

Insidious might work inside there as well with just a few revisions.

Also, thanks for all the welcomes.

But that's true but I can see trick r treat in the terror tram with the woods and everything but also as a maze. Hopefully next year trict r treat would have its time.

But that's true but I can see trick r treat in the terror tram with the woods and everything but also as a maze. Hopefully next year trict r treat would have its time.

Just a side-note here, but have you noticed the gradual progression of new haunted houses HHN has been giving us? 2009 we had 3, 2010, we had 3 1/2, last year we had four, and now this year, if that La Llorona rumor is true, five with the House of Horrors redo. At the rate they're going we should get 5 1/2 or hopefully 6 next year.

Thank you, why are me and you the only one who realize Rob Zombie won't be involved this year, haha!

John tweeted Rob Zombies's not part of the event in any way this year, didn't he? :P

I'm kind of curious why everyone (or some people) thinks Trick R Treat is a potential. I'm not saying this year or anything, but I keep hearing Trick R Treat. Even though I enjoyed that movie, wasn't it a direct to dvd?

And? :P Trick 'r Treat creators themselves have shown interest in making a maze out of the film. They posted things on Facebook telling people to like their status if they should make a maze, but it never happened.

If HHN could have a maze based off a music album when most of their mazes are based off movies, I'm sure they could make a straight-to-dvd movie.

Edited by Kurseddragon

And? :P Trick 'r Treat creators themselves have shown interest in making a maze out of the film. They posted things on Facebook telling people to like their status if they should make a maze, but it never happened.

If HHN could have a maze based off a music album when most of their mazes are based off movies, I'm sure they could make a straight-to-dvd movie.

No "and". :) As I said, even though it's a direct to dvd movie, I still like it. A maze might actually be cool. I just didn't think it would ever be in talks. Now I know.

Edited by manbeast

No "and". :) As I said, even though it's a direct to dvd movie, I still like it. A maze might actually be cool. I just didn't think it would ever be in talks. Now I know.

Don't get your hopes up, though.

It's been talked about the past two years since it's been out.

Even made it into John Murdy's short list last year, but still nothing.

I'd love it to be part of the event in some way, but hopefully not a waste.

Maybe it'll advance like La Llorona? A scare zone to maze would be kind of neat to see.

Welcome to our nightmares Kurseddragon! I think you're going to like it.

I just thought of something here. Late last year or earlier this year, I did some high-in-the-sky wishful thinking that I forgot I had until now. Since Lords of Salem will have some environments that are hilly, foresty, and even a bit cave-like, it would feel a bit redundant from House of Horrors; after all, the setting is in Salem, Massachusetts. So why not solve that problem and put it inside House of Horrors? Just relocate the permanent sets like the cave walls and other things and redo the whole maze. I figured they would never do that, but now look at the update we found out regarding House of Horrors.

Going off mostly by my pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking, the more I think about it, the more l think that Lords of Salem is becoming a real possibility. Since you know how Rob Zombie is pretty good friends with John Murdy and loves the event, I think it's time to write it back onto the speculation table. It's Lionsgate, Zombie is involved, the sign in front of Corpses last year, and it could allow some of the House of Horrors sets to be reused.

Hilly and foresty? Hm, sounds a lot like Terror Tram to me. I know Trev keeps saying no Zombie this year, but it still feels like a possibility to me.

I'm kind of curious why everyone (or some people) thinks Trick R Treat is a potential. I'm not saying this year or anything, but I keep hearing Trick R Treat. Even though I enjoyed that movie, wasn't it a direct to dvd?

It was DTV buuuuuuuut it was a DAMN good movie (was originally supposed to be released theatrically but got pushed back to avoid Saw and PA until Warner bitched out 2 years later and lost hope it could compete with either), has a pretty good size cult following, made enough DVD sales to warrant a sequel and is now one of the quintessential Halloween movies. It's also now one of the most requested properties and Murdy has become friends with the director. More below...

John tweeted Rob Zombies's not part of the event in any way this year, didn't he? :P

John never said that about Rob. He might've implied there'd be no rocker presence during the magic 8 ball questions but then again, low and behold Alice freakin' Cooper has decided to grace us with his presence for another year.

Agree on TrT. Finishing what I was saying above, TrT has all the elements needed to be used for a maze, scarezone, as an icon or the Terror Tram. It literally works for EVERYTHING. It's almost stupid at this point that they're not using it. Before, back when Murdy's guidelines seemed relevant, I would've said TrT isn't going to happen either. But now we have original mazes and mazes based on albums that are 30+ years old that maybe 8% of the 13 - 30 demographic at HHN has even listened to. Most people might go in thinking it's an original maze but having a TV spot running in the queue, people will definitely check it out for at least a rent if the maze is any indication. Or who knows, idiots spouting off "it's the first HHN produced movie." Whatever the case, it just feels stupid now to make excuses about it! It almost makes me ANGRRRYYY!#!@#

Oh, and welcome to the boards Kursed lol

Edited by DTH316

Agree on TrT. Finishing what I was saying above, TrT has all the elements needed to be used for a maze, scarezone, as an icon or the Terror Tram. It literally works for EVERYTHING. It's almost stupid at this point that they're not using it. Before, back when Murdy's guidelines seemed relevant, I would've said TrT isn't going to happen either. But now we have original mazes and mazes based on albums that are 30+ years old that maybe 8% of the 13 - 30 demographic at HHN has even listened to. Most people might go in thinking it's an original maze but having a TV spot running in the queue, people will definitely check it out for at least a rent if the maze is any indication. Or who knows, idiots spouting off "it's the first HHN produced movie." Whatever the case, it just feels stupid now to make excuses about it! It almost makes me ANGRRRYYY!#!@#

I feel the need to chime in here with my two cents. While I agree that the original mazes seem to deviate from Murdy's guidelines, as does Alice, upon further thought I realized that wasn't the case at all. Yes Vampz was an original maze, but it wasn't an original concept. You knew vampires, you've seen vampires, most of us have had nightmares about vampires, it's an easily grasped concept. The same with La Llorona, while I had never heard of it before the SZ in 2010, it's one of the most widespread urban legends in the latino community, making it relevant, particularly in an area with a strong latino contingent. As for Alice...no, WTMN hasn't exactly cracked the billboard top 40 in the last 3 decades, but Alice HIMSELF is still relevant. He's the king of shock rock and if there was ever an artist whose music lent itself more perfectly to HHN creations, I've yet to hear of them. WTMN just happened to be the kind of album that created the kind of environment perfect for a maze. TrT, while I enjoyed the movie, just doesn't have the draw, IMO, to be used. I could be wrong, and I may be wrong, but I hadn't even seen it until I started creeping on these forums and saw everyone pushing for it to be made to a maze.

I trust entirely that John, given the time and energy he puts into this event, could make it into a great maze, I just don't see it having the awareness in the, and it pains me to use this phrase, "mainstream horror community".

That being said I see issues with other properties being pushed here. Insidious doesn't create the type of environment necessary to create an effective HHN house. It relies more on psychological terror through most of the movie, and you can't really make an HHN house that "just kinda creeped me out" as opposed to "scared the living sh!t out of me." The same thing with Exorcist. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't the entire movie consist of a girl strapped to a bed? Doesn't really seem like a feasible house to me, just a lot of repeating the same scene over and over again with different scares.

These are just my thoughts, and I'm not saying any of these things to attack anyone else's opinions, so no need to jump on the defensive, I just fail to see these properties as feasible. If it happens, and happens well, I'll be the first to eat my words, but as it stands I don't see the possibilities as definite possibilities.