HHN 21: Event Photos and Videos

HHNiP

what's told to us is "NO PHOTO OPS" by definition that means to me that no lining up with people throwing a peace sign up and actually posing for a shot. As a scareactor I have a job to do. As a guest since HHN Thirteen , I realize just how much money is spent getting in there and wanting to take as much of it home with you as possible. At least a hundred times a night after scaring someone the iimediate response is " I wanna pic of you " at which time I then walk away...My suggestion is ..in the scarezones , stay on your toes and be ready or hang out a bit and eventually you'll get some really cool action shots...Wilbur has been been in my zone many times and gotten tremendous shots not just from the Assault but from everywhere else in the park as well follow his lead on the previous advice he's given and you'll wind up getting some great shots..A Scarezone is exactly that , a SCAREzone..I can't speak for anyother zones but so far the only ones that have been asked to leave are the people that are harrasing us as we're doing our thing .. And as always I thank you and everyone else who makes it possible for me to live the nightmare.....I'll be seeing you soon....

I get you, I mean, I get what you're saying... I kinda wanna take more pics but, im afraid now, I don't understand the whole Scarezone argument, because yes, the word scare is in it, but the word ZONE is in it as well meaning, a house is somewhere you have to make a line to go to, you have to wait, and the walk through takes a couple of minutes, you could go again but is going to wait in line and then walk for a couple of minutes in the house, plus no pictures in the house, ever.

a scarezone is an open space where you can walk in 300 times if you want, you can hang out, is safe because you can run to sidewalks, so not as much tension or fear as in a house, you dont need to make a line to go in a scare zone, you dont need to wait,

I totally understand you guys dont want pics taken, but I don't understand when people complain that pics being taken ruin the event for them, since these are zones that people can walk through literally hundreds of times, I mean, I don't know, I really don't know,

I think Drunk people and people that smoke in lines Annoy me a lot more than people taking pics in scarezones, yet nothing is done about it. Drunk people will actually ruin your night in a house, and if someone can only do a house once, they are screwed of they have a drunk person in front, That is a lot worst specially cuz drunk people tend to look inside boo holes and touch the actors, I know houses and scarezones are not the same, im just saying, there are worst things than people trying to take a pic, I mean, Im not even talking about the actors because I know you guys are told not to, im talking about the way Uni does things,

I don't think im bringing my camera back, I mean that's the point for us to not take pics, i guess i rather not piss anybody off, is a shame, I always try to take my own pics for my HHN folders, but this year I only have the couple I took

Edited by black mask

I get you, I mean, I get what you're saying... I kinda wanna take more pics but, im afraid now, I don't understand the whole Scarezone argument, because yes, the word scare is in it, but the word ZONE is in it as well meaning, a house is somewhere you have to make a line to go to, you have to wait, and the walk through takes a couple of minutes, you could go again but is going to wait in line and then walk for a couple of minutes in the house, plus no pictures in the house, ever.

a scarezone is an open space where you can walk in 300 times if you want, you can hang out, is safe because you can run to sidewalks, so not as much tension or fear as in a house, you dont need to make a line to go in a scare zone, you dont need to wait,

I totally understand you guys dont want pics taken, but I don't understand when people complain that pics being taken ruin the event for them, since these are zones that people can walk through literally hundreds of times, I mean, I don't know, I really don't know,

I think Drunk people and people that smoke in lines Annoy me a lot more than people taking pics in scarezones, yet nothing is done about it. Drunk people will actually ruin your night in a house, and if someone can only do a house once, they are screwed of they have a drunk person in front, That is a lot worst specially cuz drunk people tend to look inside boo holes and touch the actors, I know houses and scarezones are not the same, im just saying, there are worst things than people trying to take a pic, I mean, Im not even talking about the actors because I know you guys are told not to, im talking about the way Uni does things,

I don't think im bringing my camera back, I mean that's the point for us to not take pics, i guess i rather not piss anybody off, is a shame, I always try to take my own pics for my HHN folders, but this year I only have the couple I took

Not bringing your camera is one of the worst things you could do.If you go back and reread my post (and I'm not being sarcastic here ) I said we cannot POSE for pics. If I see someone attempting to take pics I make every effort I can to accomodate them without breaking character(slowing down). If Universal really wanted no pics taken then they would outright ban cameras wouldn't they?The point here is that the Scareactors need to pay more attention to Scaring than to posing. Besides ,whats more cool to look at, a posed shot or an action shot of someone gettin the beejeezus scared out of them?....now get some fresh batteries and get back in there....see you tonight.....

Edited by Hell0513

Not bringing your camera is one of the worst things you could do.If you go back and reread my post (and I'm not being sarcastic here ) I said we cannot POSE for pics. If I see someone attempting to take pics I make every effort I can to accomodate them without breaking character(slowing down). If Universal really wanted no pics taken then they would outright ban cameras wouldn't they?The point here is that the Scareactors need to pay more attention to Scaring than to posing. Besides ,whats more cool to look at, a posed shot or an action shot of someone gettin the beejeezus scared out of them?....now get some fresh batteries and get back in there....see you tonight.....

Now to figure out how to turn the flash off on my cheapo camera - again...

lol sorry, :blush: but, I'll try, I never ask for pose pics, that's why the way the actors specially in grown evil are reacting made me feel confused

... I think I'm going to try video this time, not pictures, that might be better too

Edited by black mask

These aren't exactly HHN photos, but this is the first time Rockit has been open during HHN, and it's really the only time you'll see Rockit from some of these angles, so I figure these still kind of fit in:

HRR_lift_CS_.jpg

HRR_CS_.jpg

HRR_DT.jpg

HRR_TC2.jpg

Edited by NickC

WOW.....Nick. How in the world are you doing that?

I shall have my camera tonight and every night for now on. Trying to shoot for the little things. Wilson has the idea I'm shooting for. Anybody know the rules for just having a camera around your neck inside of a house?

\wow is nice to hear from an actor,

I just have some questions, What if the pics are taken during the day with no flash? and what if the people taking the pics are not asking you or stopping you but just taking pics of you scaring other people, that is taking pics of actors while doing their job, makes no difference? I'm just wondering since the real problems seem to be Flash, and stopping actors and asking, but like Goo said, being in the corner of the zone taking pics of the actors working but still get yelled at for even doing that, just wondering,

or even, What about video? during the day ( I mean when is not dark) walking through the zone filming? because the creatures at Grown evil hide as soon as they see any camera

and about the scenic shots around the park, well, last year was amazing to take pics of the park, , but, this year, the best thing in the streets are the actors, besides that, there really isn't that much going on,

First of all it strongly depends on the zone, managers, and even scaractors when it comes to the photos. I personally will scare those with video cameras since they are so focused on the screen they don't see me coming up with a scare into the camera. But if the camera has an obnoxious light I will hide, no need to blind myself so you can post a video to youtube.

Secondly, with being in a corner for a scare zone. While you may be out of the flow of traffic, most (if not all) corners and "hiding spots" are actually where the scaractors go to hide/prepare for a scare. So if a Guest is in that location, we cannot safely return to our scare area. I'm sure you're really nice, but I don't think it would be too much fun to squeeze into a tight corner together. The key thing is to keep everyone safe, so if the scaractor does not have a safe area to return to, it can create issues.

I did see people taking pictures in the zones after closing last night, granted you don't have the scaractors there, but you can get some cool shots of the decorations.

Sorry I can't offer too much help, there is the new photo op at the front of the park. After 8 it slows down up there so its a good time to get pictures of Lady Luck/Demon and her minons. :)

WOW.....Nick. How in the world are you doing that?

I shall have my camera tonight and every night for now on. Trying to shoot for the little things. Wilson has the idea I'm shooting for. Anybody know the rules for just having a camera around your neck inside of a house?

I do it all the time as long as there aren't lights and the cap is on... They never say anthing to me.

First of all it strongly depends on the zone, managers, and even scaractors when it comes to the photos. I personally will scare those with video cameras since they are so focused on the screen they don't see me coming up with a scare into the camera. But if the camera has an obnoxious light I will hide, no need to blind myself so you can post a video to youtube.

Secondly, with being in a corner for a scare zone. While you may be out of the flow of traffic, most (if not all) corners and "hiding spots" are actually where the scaractors go to hide/prepare for a scare. So if a Guest is in that location, we cannot safely return to our scare area. I'm sure you're really nice, but I don't think it would be too much fun to squeeze into a tight corner together. The key thing is to keep everyone safe, so if the scaractor does not have a safe area to return to, it can create issues.

I did see people taking pictures in the zones after closing last night, granted you don't have the scaractors there, but you can get some cool shots of the decorations.

Sorry I can't offer too much help, there is the new photo op at the front of the park. After 8 it slows down up there so its a good time to get pictures of Lady Luck/Demon and her minons. :)

Thanks for your answer, I understand you guys, :)

I mean, Right now on Facebook There is a post of "Fan of the week" saying that we should get our cameras and take pics and post them on facebook, I literally went wtf?

I think Uni needs to get their shit together and make some scarezones Photo ops and in other zones ban cameras or something, There is no one Rule when it comes to pictures, there needs to be more consistent rules, I mean, the maps should have rules when it comes to taking pictures, right now is all over the air, meaning, there is no clear answer about the pics, the actors can't do their job, and the security people say no pics, but no where in the park or the maps says anything about this. I think it would be really helpful if Uni just made it more clear

Nick as always great shots. In fact I was walking right by you when you were taking the Mel's picture. If I knew I would have stop by and said hello.

I've started the video process. Last night I did get some good footage (Yes, someone being scared and even falling to the floor)

From what I've notice last night in Grown Evil and Canyon. You may not stand and take shots unless your on the side (depends if their nice). If your standing still and using flash. You will be warned. As for the actors. I've only seen inside Grown Evil where they just don't really allow pictures of themselves at all. Canyon they do stand still every now and then. With acid you really have to wait for a good shot as the actors are on the scare all the time. Luck is simple enough. 7.....well I always always have problems with trying to get the minion actors.

Guest HHNPicMan

As a Scareactor this year, I would like to clarify some things about the whole issue with photography in the scarezones.

What is happening is scareactors are being told to not constantly pose for pictures. They take that and blow it up a mile long, and thus end up being complete butts about it. What many scareactors don't realize is that they are affecting Universal as a whole when they take "NO" pictures to the extreme. Scareactors have to remember that it's not about "us." It's about the guest. Many guest are paying 80 bucks a night to be at HHN, and a few memories are well warranted. I don't know about others streets, but in 7, we are told that we are working for the guest, and thus pissing them off is extremely unprofessional and makes Universal look bad. Therefore, as a scareactor, I walk a line that not only pleases guest wanting pictures, but pleases the guest who want scares as well. All the while, my coordinators are happy as well because I'm doing my job to scare people, but also creating awesome guest memories, which is what Universal Orlando is all about.

Second, many scareactors will take pictures with you, BUT, you do have to show some respect. I have no problem taking pictures with people, if you show some kind of civilized manors. A simple, "May I have a picture," will get you a photo with me every time. You would be surprised how many people simply walk up and through their arm around you and just try and take a picture.

Third, as a guest, you have to consider all other guest as well. If you are trying to take a picture in "7" right after Death Drums lets out, then you are being disrespectful to other guest. Simply, WAIT until the zones slows down. It is widely known by all of us that crowds tend to stick together. Therefore, take pictures when the zones are not crowded. Besides, it never fails that you get some ass in the background of your photo, making some rude gesture, when you take a picture and the zone is crowded.

Finally, if you are going to take a photo, have your camera ready. We are being told that if we have to wait for more than 2 seconds, that we should walk away. I tend to tell people to get it ready and I will come back. Nothing is more irritating then for some girl to be digging in her purse looking for her camera while you are awkwardly standing there waiting to take a picture.

That's really all that is being asked this year. Nobody is banning pictures, they simply don't want people constantly stopping for pictures when you can barely walk through the streets. Just use a little common sense and you can have all of the pictures you want.

As a Scareactor this year, I would like to clarify some things about the whole issue with photography in the scarezones.

What is happening is scareactors are being told to not constantly pose for pictures. They take that and blow it up a mile long, and thus end up being complete butts about it. What many scareactors don't realize is that they are affecting Universal as a whole when they take "NO" pictures to the extreme. Scareactors have to remember that it's not about "us." It's about the guest. Many guest are paying 80 bucks a night to be at HHN, and a few memories are well warranted. I don't know about others streets, but in 7, we are told that we are working for the guest, and thus pissing them off is extremely unprofessional and makes Universal look bad. Therefore, as a scareactor, I walk a line that not only pleases guest wanting pictures, but pleases the guest who want scares as well. All the while, my coordinators are happy as well because I'm doing my job to scare people, but also creating awesome guest memories, which is what Universal Orlando is all about.

Second, many scareactors will take pictures with you, BUT, you do have to show some respect. I have no problem taking pictures with people, if you show some kind of civilized manors. A simple, "May I have a picture," will get you a photo with me every time. You would be surprised how many people simply walk up and through their arm around you and just try and take a picture.

Third, as a guest, you have to consider all other guest as well. If you are trying to take a picture in "7" right after Death Drums lets out, then you are being disrespectful to other guest. Simply, WAIT until the zones slows down. It is widely known by all of us that crowds tend to stick together. Therefore, take pictures when the zones are not crowded. Besides, it never fails that you get some ass in the background of your photo, making some rude gesture, when you take a picture and the zone is crowded.

Finally, if you are going to take a photo, have your camera ready. We are being told that if we have to wait for more than 2 seconds, that we should walk away. I tend to tell people to get it ready and I will come back. Nothing is more irritating then for some girl to be digging in her purse looking for her camera while you are awkwardly standing there waiting to take a picture.

That's really all that is being asked this year. Nobody is banning pictures, they simply don't want people constantly stopping for pictures when you can barely walk through the streets. Just use a little common sense and you can have all of the pictures you want.

Thanks for that info, PicMan, I do find it helpful. I was going to hold off until Halloween weekend to ask for my photos, but I'll play it by ear between now and then.

I do have a question for you or anyone who might have a thought on the subject. While I always have my camera immediately ready, I also am nearly always traveling alone, and thus have to find someone to take the pic for me. When I got the photo op with Lady Luck and the wheel, the handler (do they call them that at Uni?) said he wasn't allowed to hold my camera. Does anyone know if this is true and accurate? I've never had that come up since I moved here in 1997. But if that's the case, I'd like to do my best to have a "photographer" before I ask for a photo. I have no problem at all asking a stranger to take my photo, but it usually does take more than two seconds.

And I'll put out there that I have always appreciated the actors doing what was necessary to provide us the best scares. I will also say, though, that of all the dozens of times I've been to HHN over the years, the single best night was October 30 of last year. That was the night that I was able to get photos of myself with the couple of dozen or so actors I had been interacting with all month. While I still have my memories, it really DOES make a difference to me to look at the photos - it brings a lot of happiness and triggers even more good memories. With the amazing time I've had this year, I would be incredibly happy to have a photo record of me and my 6 week long "Fear-ships" (friendships - sorry, too vague :) ).

That said, I thank everyone for providing a great year, and please know you are appreciated. And if we do get to do a snap, I will do my level-headed best to get the frickin' flash to stay turned off. Electronics have not been my friend this year :(