HHN 21 Merchandise

JDW

I don't think I will be picking up the hoodie this year, I thought it might having something on the back like even the houses like the shirt does but it doesn't. So basically you're paying $40 for a black hoodie that says halloween horror nights in the front.

The house shirt looks amazing, love the front

Actually, that (along with the price) has me thinking I'll be getting a hoodie this year. Maybe I'm in the (vast) minority, but I find myself buying shirts from HHN that I don't wear much because I know they look a little ridiculous to people "not in the know" about the event. Granted, I live in NY and I assume in Florida the shirts are instantly recognizable as being associated with the event and not some death metal band with blood letters sprayed across your chest. The understated nature of the hoodie coupled with the attractive price point has me leaning towards getting one.

Also, as much personal preference as what I said above, I HATE stuff on the back of a hoodie. I NEVER have the hood up (unless there's a blizzard) so anything that might be on the back is half covered 99% of the time anyway.

Not being contradictory, just think it's funny how I find myself on the opposite side of a lot of discussions here. Of course, may have something to do with me being an old fart and pushing 40..... :lol:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for the houses or the spade on the back... Oh well. I'll stick with a shirt. Everyone who goes and then comes back to school wears their shirts, and i still see them throughout the year. They're pretty normal here in South Florida!

Just and FYI... The City Walk store only has shooters, shots, and shirts. They claim that is all they will get. They also claimed none of the other merchandise was available at all yet and the only place to get it outside of the park has ever been their store (both of which are false) <_<

Actually, that (along with the price) has me thinking I'll be getting a hoodie this year. Maybe I'm in the (vast) minority, but I find myself buying shirts from HHN that I don't wear much because I know they look a little ridiculous to people "not in the know" about the event. Granted, I live in NY and I assume in Florida the shirts are instantly recognizable as being associated with the event and not some death metal band with blood letters sprayed across your chest. The understated nature of the hoodie coupled with the attractive price point has me leaning towards getting one.

Also, as much personal preference as what I said above, I HATE stuff on the back of a hoodie. I NEVER have the hood up (unless there's a blizzard) so anything that might be on the back is half covered 99% of the time anyway.

Not being contradictory, just think it's funny how I find myself on the opposite side of a lot of discussions here. Of course, may have something to do with me being an old fart and pushing 40..... :lol:

i actually like the hoodie. just i think its a little like oh boring! but still if your an HHN fan its something we wanted for years and something that if people DONT buy, WONT happen again. I personally will most likely get the hoodie. it really matters how it fits and feels.

i actually like the hoodie. just i think its a little like oh boring! but still if your an HHN fan its something we wanted for years and something that if people DONT buy, WONT happen again. I personally will most likely get the hoodie. it really matters how it fits and feels.

good part is its not 60 bucks like everyone was thinking, It's nice I like that its a zip up and not a pullover but its just missing a little something for me. Kind of has a last minute threw it together to please the fans feel. Me personally I would love to see in later years a hoodie with some type of designs on the sleeves or hood but some people don't like that.

I would of made cards or dice going down the sleeves and a big 21 on the back with ace & queen

I'm just glad they got them, I hope people buy them up so they see people want them and they come back next year with a bang

so i wrote to universal merch, i said theres supposed to be cards and hats, how much are they? also will they be on the website? they responded:

I haven't heard of any card decks and we do sell different Halloween

hats every year but all Halloween merchandise will be on the site.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Merchandise Services

ARE THEY LIEING?! WHAT ABOUT THE JACKET? lol

they told me there would be no lanyards available on the site, 2 hours later the merchandise launched and there was an hhn lanyard. They told me Rush Of Fear pass came in 10 tickets to cover the ten nights, it came all in one.

The HHN 21 lanyard is for sale at the park, not on the site

The HHN hoodie is for sale at the park, not on the site

I think the only way you will get semi-legit information is if you called one of the specific on site stores and talked to someone there, but who knows if that's possible. By tomorrow we'll know if there are cards for sure

I am happy for the fans who wanted a simple, cheaply priced zip up. You got what you wanted, and that's nice considering that the community doesn't get much consideration when it comes to merchandize. I hope you guys make some sort of dent in sales to prove to Universal that hoodies are a worthy venture for HHN.

It's personally disappointing because I like flashier designs when it comes to specialty apparel. If I'm paying good money for a piece of clothing, I want strangers to stop me and be like, "That's an awesome xyz! Where did you get it? What does it mean?" And, I'm sorry, but $35 is good money to me.

In comparison, I'm loving Howl-O-Scream's hoodie this year. The front is simple but not so simple that it's boring. I changed my mind at the last minute about the 2010 Hollywood hoodie and bought a black Universal Orlando hoddie with pink cursive across the front instead. Could not be happier with that decision. Hoodies are more novelty collectibles to me than actual clothing. I don't buy them to keep me warm, I buy them for the intrigue, shock value, and aesthetics. I buy the pins for nostalgia. And that's what this topic really comes down to: a balanced scale of opposing values, neither more important or validated than the other. It's a personal preference.

To me, this is a mediocre product with a last minute decision style, much like the one from Hollywood last year. Universal obviously met their quota though, or else it wouldn't be rearing it's endearing head here in Orlando this year. So for two years in a row, they've used the same design for this product. And just to clarify, we don't know how well it actually did with the general public last year.

Now, I was a South Florida teenager just a short while ago, and when it came to hoodies and t-shirts all I cared about was cool looking band apparel. The louder, the better. I had a Bob Marley hoodie covered in pins, patches, spikes, and whatever other random crap I could get my hands on. You needed earplugs just to chance a glimpse at the damned thing. This HHN hoodie is the antitheses. It's not what the majority demographic of the general public is going to reach for on the shelves. These teenage and young adult males are going to go for the Rockabilly shot glasses. Alcohol is one of their biggest forbidden and favored fruits. It's got a skull, dice, and a well endowed lady on it; ergo, its the coolest thing since sliced bread for them.

This is what I DON'T want to see happen: just enough people buy this hoodie to reach the year's minimum quota and the design keeps getting recycled because of that. I don't want it to be 2015 by the time we get an alternative design, but to play the loyal consumer game in order to get better merchandize further on down the line is unfair. Why can't it be great now? This isn't even really a game of You Can't Please Everyone. The community is obviously split down two different value systems.

I genuinely hope that this testing of the waters results in timely and beneficial actions for everyone. If it's just fluff, all the more disappointment. : (

I am happy for the fans who wanted a simple, cheaply priced zip up. You got what you wanted, and that's nice considering that the community doesn't get much consideration when it comes to merchandize. I hope you guys make some sort of dent in sales to prove to Universal that hoodies are a worthy venture for HHN.

It's personally disappointing because I like flashier designs when it comes to specialty apparel. If I'm paying good money for a piece of clothing, I want strangers to stop me and be like, "That's an awesome xyz! Where did you get it? What does it mean?" And, I'm sorry, but $35 is good money to me.

In comparison, I'm loving Howl-O-Scream's hoodie this year. The front is simple but not so simple that it's boring. I changed my mind at the last minute about the 2010 Hollywood hoodie and bought a black Universal Orlando hoddie with pink cursive across the front instead. Could not be happier with that decision. Hoodies are more novelty collectibles to me than actual clothing. I don't buy them to keep me warm, I buy them for the intrigue, shock value, and aesthetics. I buy the pins for nostalgia. And that's what this topic really comes down to: a balanced scale of opposing values, neither more important or validated than the other. It's a personal preference.

To me, this is a mediocre product with a last minute decision style, much like the one from Hollywood last year. Universal obviously met their quota though, or else it wouldn't be rearing it's endearing head here in Orlando this year. So for two years in a row, they've used the same design for this product. And just to clarify, we don't know how well it actually did with the general public last year.

Now, I was a South Florida teenager just a short while ago, and when it came to hoodies and t-shirts all I cared about was cool looking band apparel. The louder, the better. I had a Bob Marley hoodie covered in pins, patches, spikes, and whatever other random crap I could get my hands on. You needed earplugs just to chance a glimpse at the damned thing. This HHN hoodie is the antitheses. It's not what the majority demographic of the general public is going to reach for on the shelves. These teenage and young adult males are going to go for the Rockabilly shot glasses. Alcohol is one of their biggest forbidden and favored fruits. It's got a skull, dice, and a well endowed lady on it; ergo, its the coolest thing since sliced bread for them.

This is what I DON'T want to see happen: just enough people buy this hoodie to reach the year's minimum quota and the design keeps getting recycled because of that. I don't want it to be 2015 by the time we get an alternative design, but to play the loyal consumer game in order to get better merchandize further on down the line is unfair. Why can't it be great now? This isn't even really a game of You Can't Please Everyone. The community is obviously split down two different value systems.

I genuinely hope that this testing of the waters results in timely and beneficial actions for everyone. If it's just fluff, all the more disappointment. : (

I agree. They seriously could have done an actual pull over hoodie with the same logo on the front, just bigger. Big disappointment. There's a huge difference between simple and boring designs.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but they're selling a girls tank top this year. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't get a picture of it but it's black with red lettering and it has the house always wins or something like that written on it.. And it also has Halloween Horror Nights written on it too. I will definitely be picking it up.

Edited by Victoria

Yes, but there's usually a second pin as well (likely one featuring our good Lady.)

There is a general release pin. There was a picture of it in the Employee Preview event guide. The style of the pin is very similar to the Rockabilly style of the shot glasses. I've yet to hear if there will be a guest artist pin this year though.

There is a general release pin. There was a picture of it in the Employee Preview event guide. The style of the pin is very similar to the Rockabilly style of the shot glasses. I've yet to hear if there will be a guest artist pin this year though.

Thanks for the info, though I'm not sure I like that it's that art style - works for the shooters/shots I think, but not a pin. I'll have to see it in person though. Here's hoping there's a guest pin like last year, I really dug the FEAR pin...