• Nevermore: The Madness of Poe
    • The Thing
    • Saws n Steam: Into the Machine
    • Nightingales: Blood Prey
    • H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror
    • Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery
    • The Forsaken
    • The In Between

1. H.R. Bloodengutz Present: Holidays of Horror. - We got the preview to this house in 2007 and it was FUCKING AWESOME. This should be much more anticipated.

2. The In Between - Clown-O-Vision was one of the most under rated houses of 2007. Stoked for another 3D house.

3. Nightingales: Blood Prey - Kinda reminds me of a new era Body Collectors but now they're hot chicks <3

4. Nevermore: Madness of Poe - Poe :D

5. The Thing - My favorite house from 2007 and now it's getting a spiritual successor in a Soundstage

6. Winter's Night: Haunt of Hawthorn Cemetery - Not sure what to expect....

7. The Forsaken - Pirates...meh

8. Saws n Steam: Into The Machine. - Jaws Que Curse?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

2. The Forsaken

3. Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

4. The In Between

5. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror

6. Nightingales: Blood Prey

7. The Thing

8. Saws n Steam: Into The Machine

I think this trend of no icon house in the new era works since the icons are forces personified. They are in all the event in some small way. Fear was obvious but with luck choice and chance I think is more prevalent.

I know a lot of members have already voiced this, but I do agree that iconic scare zones are probably a new trend that'll stick around for a little while in our New Era of Darkness. I've yet to see it, but conceptually it's a nice hybrid between the unique style of 2004 and the overall marketing perks of the Expansions and Iconic Eras. The general public gets their photo opportunity, marketing and advertising get their gimmicks, the fan community and the veteran scare-actors get more original content and creativity per-attraction across the board because of the former. I'm willing to give this a try and keep my mind opened. Very willing.

1- The Forsaken- I'm more excited for the atmosphere than the actual scares.

2- Nevermore: The Madness of Poe- I'm a fan of horror literature. Most excited for "the Raven" room. I'm also hoping for an appearence of "The Cask of Amontillado"

3- H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror- I always look foward to the humor houses. I actually think they can make this one scary too.

4- Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery- I think this will be the scariest house. The dark and cold mixed together sounds amazing.

5- Nightingale's: Blood Prey: Seems like Havoc but with banshee's and hopefully combat. Has potential.

6- The In-Between: Never been in a 3-D house so I'm excited for that. I don't expect it the be scary but trippy for sure.

7- The Thing- Movie houses are always hit and miss. Will have to go through multiple times to get the whole experience.

8- Saws n Steam: Into the Machine- Wasn't impressed by the scarezone. If anything should have come back from last year it should have been Esqueleto Muerte or Catacombs.

All in all it should be an amazing year.

Here are my rankings/reasonings:

1. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - I am a big Edgar Allen Poe fan, and that first picture of the house we got really exemplified my feelings towards this house, and I cannot wait to see how they pull it off.

2. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery - I am intrigued by this one, as I think it will be neat to go through an open cemetery, and the details that could go into this house could be unbelievable.

3. The Forsaken - I am really looking forward to this one as well because I am a huge fan of history, and I cannot wait to see how they will lock in the atmosphere of the house.

4. Nightingales: Blood Prey - I love reading about WWI, but not so sure how crazy I am over the banshees, lol. I am looking forward to the sets and scares, of course, so let's see how this one goes.

5. The Thing - I really loved Assimilation. I believe I listed it as my favorite haunt that year on the Vault. I am looking forward to seeing how they pull it off in a soundstage (where the first house should've been, anyways).

6. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror - Usually, I find the dark comedy houses to be not as scary, with the scareactors even trying their hardest, yet I walk out asking myself, "Why did I not get scared?" I am going to give this house a chance, however, because I feel with the demented holidays, the scare factor could be there along with the comedic effect.

7. The In-Between: I really like the idea of this house and how it is going to be 3D. The only issue I have is if it will be better executed than Clown-o-Vision was. I have high hopes for this house. Make it rock!

8. Saws n Steam: Into the Machine - Don't like saws, hated the scarezone. This is my least anticipated house, and I probably won't go into it for fears of chainsaws, lol.

1. The Thing

2. Nightingales: Blood Prey

3. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

4. The In-Between

5. The Forsaken

6. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

7. Saws n Steam: Into the Machine

8. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror

Ah, so much hate for Saws N Steam and the In Between. We've all seen last year how some of the least anticipated houses turn out to be the best!

1. The Thing

2. Saws N Steam

3. The In Between

4. Nightingales: Blood Prey

5. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

6. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

7. The Forsaken

8. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror

1. Winters Night: The haunting Of Hawthorn Cemetery

2. Nevermore: The Madness Of Poe

3. The Foresaken.

4. The Thing

5. Nightingales: Blood Prey

6. Saws N Steam: Into The Machine

7. The In Between

8. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays Of Horror

It was pretty tough to rank these as the top four im almost equally excited about. Nightingales if done correctly as a trench could be really good too especially with large explosion and shelling sounds. Saw N Steam i'm a bit concerned about. I never seem to like the houses set in Jaws (i don't know why) and i can't shake the feeling that this is going to turn out like Saw, the least favorite house i've ever been through. I'm not overly impressed with the photo we've seen of the floating heads from The In Between as they look like something out of a cheap fairground haunted House. That might be a bit unfair but i don't have anything else to go on. I'm not sure how the 3d works in a house either having never done a 3d house before. It could blow me away or it could suck. I've put Holidays Of Horror last purely because i'm not keen on comedy houses. I'll still give it a look though it might surprise me. Overall i'm much more excited about these houses than last years and i think it's going to be a good event.

1) HR Bloodengutz. I'm a sucker for the dark humor houses, "Home for the Holidays" in my top 3 ever. High hopes.

2) The Foresaken. Clever and original theme, hoping for some new/interesting effects.

3) Nevermore. Seems such a great idea wonder why no one did it before. Could be the "smart" house, like Catacombs last year.

4) Saws n Steam. Loved the scarezone, hoping that overcomes the location.

5) Nightingales. Intrigued by the idea of a historical "war zone" house--not yet sold on the banshees.

6) Winters Night. Still not sure what to expect of this one, but if it has new effects and a solid cast, could be the sleeper house of the year.

7) The In-Between. Jack's house was just ok, the one at Howl-O-Scream was sort of lame, so not a 3D fan. Always feels like the use of 3D ends up compromising theme.

8) The Thing. I'm the one guy who was meh on the original--afraid it will be another industrial complex house which never really do it for me.

As always, I'm curious to see how my final ranking compare to this list.

1.) Saws & Steam- The scarezone was freaking Legit. i dont see why the house wont be :P haha

2.)Nevermore, Madness of Poe- Its Edgar Allen Poe, do i really NEED to say more? (Possible H.O.T.Y for me)

3.)The thing- i love the movie, and the first haunted house. So im pretty stoked for this.

4.)Nightingales- Ive never been in a haunted house involving War, so this should be pretty cool. im a sucker for Historical scenery :P

5.)The Foresaken- Parade building houses are always one of my favorites, so we'll see how this one goes.

6.)Winter's Night- A cemetery house seems pretty generic. But its a sound stage house, which means really COLD. and i like that :3

7.)HR Bloodengutz- i love comedy houses, but this one seems kinda predictable :/

8.)The In Between- I saw many problems with Jacks 3D house back in 2007 (INVOLVING DRUNKS -__- ) But we'll see how this one ends up.

Now to be honest. They're ALL in my top 1. lol yes, top One., Im excited for all of these houses. Cant wait to go<3

Edited by XxHxcDancer6xX

Nightingale’s Bloody Prey – Wait, what? Simply, I have a personal problem with a “war” house, just like I had a problem in 2009 with a “war” scarezone. I have been asked by some combat Veterans who attend the event if they can handle this house, and I don’t know. Recreating visuals and sounds from an actual war may be too much for them, and I would be disappointed in Universal if they are not sensitive to Veterans who attend. So, I am withholding judgment on this house until Employee Preview when I can go through it. I will be posting a write up about the house specifically for Service Members and Veterans on my thoughts, but I refuse to rank or anticipate it before then.

I'm sure once the Veterans see creatures running around and the fact that it takes place almost 100 years ago they wont be that deeply affected. Plus what they've seen is 1000x more horrific than anything A&D can throw out there.

Still a noble thought.

Edited by Karras

1) Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Gothic Style Horror without the loud saws and guns sounds sweet

2) The Forsaken

The Ocean Scares Me as it is-Tie it in with jaws some how and i may need depends

3) The Thing

Hoping its on a sound stage and its not like the thing assimilation

4) Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetary

Another One That sounds good and creepy

5) H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror

Hoping For B-Horror Awesomeness

6) Nightingales: Blood Prey

Not So Up on the war themed houses i think they're lame but this one sounds a little better than havoc given the setting and theme

7) Saws N' Steam

This will only be good if my little bro comes cause he hates chainsaws, i don't really care for them, steam punk will only be cool if johnny ramone and

johnny rotten are sawing sid and nancy in half!

8) The In Between

Sounds like an awsome idea but the 3d houses always are like my first stop cause they're usually lame-o...gotta save the biggest ones for last!

Last Year was a bit of a bummer this year has me more pumped then ever...especially cause i don't have to see that damn old lady reading a book again lol !!

for me, im really excited about all them. i mean i think this is the first year, im happy about EVERYTHING and scared about most of them. heres my order:

1) The in-between- really like the 3-d concept. can be misread though.

2) Nightingales- this if i wouldve read it i wouldnt be like oh i cant wait, but after seeing that photo... i have a feeling this will be the most scary house in years.

3)The Thing- Idk why but im really excited to see this. Basically the reason its so high is because i want to see the movie. I believe movie houses make everythign fun-er lol

4) Nevermore- i personally never read ANY of edgar allan poe. BUT that does not mean i won't be a fan of his work. I am going to read everything i can about his stories. lmfao but does anybody know which stories are in it? I would like to know so i can read them and understand them. as i said i love houses that have a back up so you can be more scared or less.

5)H.R. BloodNGutz Holiday Horrors- I'm excited for this one. I love t.v. lmfao so this i think will be the funny house. But i know it will be cool seeing my holidays turn evil and things.

6)Winters Nights- Im excited and not about this one, Im more excited about the cold part then the ghosts! haha

7) The Forsaken- Im not too thrilled about this house, but i am too. it kinda teaches me history and if i learn more about it they can make this cool. also i take spanish and it would be cool to hear what they say or only know some of it. i think the scare factor will go up if they dont speack english, then you wonder what they are saying.

8) Saws N' Steam- i love the idea of scarezone to house, but this scarezone was good but not somthing i loved. I thought it lacked tbh. Idk im nto that afraid of chainsaws in the open, but who knows? maybe in close spaces it will change? this is a house i will not really expect anything from and i hope it changes my mind! lol

1.) Saws & Steam- The scarezone was freaking Legit. i dont see why the house wont be :P haha

2.)Nevermore, Madness of Poe- Its Edgar Allen Poe, do i really NEED to say more? (Possible H.O.T.Y for me)

3.)The thing- i love the movie, and the first haunted house. So im pretty stoked for this.

4.)Nightingales- Ive never been in a haunted house involving War, so this should be pretty cool. im a sucker for Historical scenery :P

5.)The Foresaken- Parade building houses are always one of my favorites, so we'll see how this one goes.

6.)Winter's Night- A cemetery house seems pretty generic. But its a sound stage house, which means really COLD. and i like that :3

7.)HR Bloodengutz- i love comedy houses, but this one seems kinda predictable :/

8.)The In Between- I saw many problems with Jacks 3D house back in 2007 (INVOLVING DRUNKS -__- ) But we'll see how this one ends up.

Now to be honest. They're ALL in my top 1. lol yes, top One., Im excited for all of these houses. Cant wait to go<3

What problems do the 3D houses pose with drunks? I apologize if thats an obvious answer, I've never been in a 3D house and I'm not sure I even understand what it will be like (mostly black and neon I'm guessing). I am working in this house this year and I'm a little nervous it won't be scary :( I will try to make it so to the best of my ability.

With every year, it's really hard to make a favorite call until a few passes through each house are made, but my list reads as follows:

1. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetary - cemetary + Halloween = creepiness. Enough said.

2. The Forsaken: the world's most horrific history lesson and probably the sleeper hit house of the year.

3. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror : Funny horror house? Yes please!

4. Nightingales: Blood Prey: All I can think of are Red Cross banshee nurses.

5. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe: quote Lyn nevermore "Could be brilliant, could sucketh beyond comprehension"

6. The In Between: 3D glasses and the spinning tunnel....I'll either love it or be sick to death by the time I'm done walking through this one.

7. Saws N' Steam: Loved the SZ from last year, not sure how it will translate into a full blown house.

8. The Thing: Wasn't a fan of the first house, so this one gets last billing on my anticipated ones this year.

4) Nevermore- i personally never read ANY of edgar allan poe. BUT that does not mean i won't be a fan of his work. I am going to read everything i can about his stories. lmfao but does anybody know which stories are in it? I would like to know so i can read them and understand them. as i said i love houses that have a back up so you can be more scared or less.

I would Count on "The Raven", "The Pit and The Pendulum", "The Masque Of The Red Death", "The Murders In Rue Morgue", & "The Haunted Palace"...The 1st 3 are a shoe in and the other two sounded good lol i havent read the last two but i read the 1st 3 in highschool and they would make a badass haunted house if they're put into the right hands of a person with a twisted mind...i'm sure you'll see poe in the house as well reading out loud and being depressed. when i first heard this i was stoked because its going to be thunder, lightning, screams, and slices, it's going to be a great haunted house...if they do it right, i hope its not by jaws, the worst houses are over there...my game plan always hit that one first lol get it out of the way sometimes, made the mistake of saving it and going on the orphanage last year and i was dissappointed...

I would Count on "The Raven", "The Pit and The Pendulum", "The Masque Of The Red Death", "The Murders In Rue Morgue", & "The Haunted Palace"...The 1st 3 are a shoe in and the other two sounded good lol i havent read the last two but i read the 1st 3 in highschool and they would make a badass haunted house if they're put into the right hands of a person with a twisted mind...i'm sure you'll see poe in the house as well reading out loud and being depressed. when i first heard this i was stoked because its going to be thunder, lightning, screams, and slices, it's going to be a great haunted house...if they do it right, i hope its not by jaws, the worst houses are over there...my game plan always hit that one first lol get it out of the way sometimes, made the mistake of saving it and going on the orphanage last year and i was dissappointed...

It also looks like Tell Tale Heart will most certainly be represented (as indicated by the "hint" picture and as pointed out by Legacy)

Edited by madmonk

Here's my most anticipated house list...

1. Winter's Night. The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetary

2. The Thing

3. Nightingales. Blood Prey

4. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror

5.The In-Between

6.The Forsaken

7. Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine

8. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Edited by HORRORLANDO