HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

ok so im guessing on the fb page freakazoid = Raleigh ? lol totally irrelevant but i always see similar post from the two of you.

Also were not even sure if the two mask relates. Therefore it very much can be wolfman but it would bother me to know why they waited this long to finally use it. Also guys im with you guys with the Walking Dead TT theme or SZ but i have few doubts. 1) im not sure which codename this would relate to 2) its not a movie really and i had more points but i just forgot them lol 0.o anyways im just a little skeptical on this whole idea. Murdy looked into the series last year so it is a possibility.I just dont see this possible without it having a strong enough fan base. And i have to disagree DTH Insidous was actually a scary movie to me :D

The Walking Dead does have a strong fan base. It was one of cable's biggest shows last year and it has a graphic novel background where a lot of the fans come from. It also had a really big panel at Comic-Con this year. I can certainly see that over TrT, anyday.

And yeah, I know a lot of people liked Insidious. I also know a lot of people liked Paranormal Activity. But honestly, neither of those movies had me scared at any point in the movie quite like The Descent did. I totally felt exhausted by the time it ended as if I had gone through those caves myself. I was jumping, I was anxious, nervous and in suspense the entire movie. Very few movies have actually done that to me. A few other great horror movies from the last decade, I would have to say, are The Grudge and The Ring (their remake versions, the original versions seem so hokey now), The Orphanage and Signs (that last one doesn't make much sense to people but that movie scared the shit out of me and I honestly think it's the scariest movie of all time... go ahead, giggle).

Oh and let's not forget The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, which spawned, in my opinion, the best maze ever created.

Edited by DTH316

I love LOVE Insidious. Love old school haunted house movies. Oh, see what I did there? Haunted house movies? Giggity. Anyways, Wolfman showing up this late in the game would have me scratching my head. As for Walking Dead, it has got a pretty good following. I know at the local Best Buy they sold out of Walking Dead on blu ray and dvd by the second day.

im gonna have to disagree with the Wolfman speculation

reason: the ear could honestly be anything, for that matter we can have a bunch of hobbits running around

expect a Lord of the Rings: Ring of Darkness maze

but i do sence a bit of LUCK with this concept

leprechaun8.jpg

Edited by StevenForTmrw

The Walking Dead does have a strong fan base. It was one of cable's biggest shows last year and it has a graphic novel background where a lot of the fans come from. It also had a really big panel at Comic-Con this year. I can certainly see that over TrT, anyday.

And yeah, I know a lot of people liked Insidious. I also know a lot of people liked Paranormal Activity. But honestly, neither of those movies had me scared at any point in the movie quite like The Descent did. I totally felt exhausted by the time it ended as if I had gone through those caves myself. I was jumping, I was anxious, nervous and in suspense the entire movie. Very few movies have actually done that to me. A few other great horror movies from the last decade, I would have to say, are The Grudge and The Ring (their remake versions, the original versions seem so hokey now), The Orphanage and Signs (that last one doesn't make much sense to people but that movie scared the shit out of me and I honestly think it's the scariest movie of all time... go ahead, giggle).

Oh and let's not forget The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, which spawned, in my opinion, the best maze ever created.

In that case than it probably does have better chances. Never watched the show much but by the time i watched one episode of it i didnt see it coming on anymore. It looked like a good show from what i seen. I would just rather see it as a maze...or any good zombie film at that. Insidous is the one Horror Movie thats actually scared me in FOREVER. literally i stopped being scared of horror movies since i was seven lol i still love them but they never really get me on the scare factor..just more of a few jumps here in there. This movie kept me jumping and at the edge of my seat the whole way through. thats why after i saw it i KNEW this had to be a maze. But after shortly finding out Murdys never seen the film it crushed me and as much as i love the film i have to except the fact theres still a possibility for next year. Also i loved the TCM but the Halloween maze ties for the best for me. Anywho now we have to see what codename can relate to the Walking Dead

Hey I'm with you DTH316, Signs scared the crap out of me as well, definitely agree that it's one of the scariest and most unsettling movies I've ever seen.

I also agree that the mask Murdy tweeted is for a scarezone or possibly the Terror Tram.

ok so im guessing on the fb page freakazoid = Raleigh ? lol totally irrelevant but i always see similar post from the two of you.

No! That's my evil twin! That guy always seems to steal my ideas from here for some reason. I oughta track him down and tell him to stop copying me! :rolleyes:

Also were not even sure if the two mask relates. Therefore it very much can be wolfman but it would bother me to know why they waited this long to finally use it. Also guys im with you guys with the Walking Dead TT theme or SZ but i have few doubts. 1) im not sure which codename this would relate to 2) its not a movie really and i had more points but i just forgot them lol 0.o anyways im just a little skeptical on this whole idea. Murdy looked into the series last year so it is a possibility.I just dont see this possible without it having a strong enough fan base. And i have to disagree DTH Insidous was actually a scary movie to me :D

It could be Wolfman. A lot of the fans have been wanting a Wolfman maze since last year and Murdy did say that there would be "Lots of surprises for the fans".

I know it feels like we're running in circles with this but we're honestly never gonna see a zombie maze outside of Shaun of the Dead since none of them are environmental friendly for a maze.

Dawn of the Dead - He keeps saying, "give me an empty mall and I'll do it."

28 Weeks Later - Mostly outdoors in London

The Walking Dead - Mostly outdoors in Atlanta

You could technically do Night of the Living Dead, based off the original since it's all in a house but um... that's never gonna happen haha as bad ass as that would be! That's one of my favorite horror films.

Or Day of the Dead, since it's in a bunker but that's the least known of the "of the Dead" franchise.

It could be Wolfman. A lot of the fans have been wanting a Wolfman maze since last year and Murdy did say that there would be "Lots of surprises for the fans".

Yea im not weighing wolfman out yet. Im almost convinced its soap opera but i dont see where the tombs come in at? forest yea that works.It would just leave me clueless why they didnt "strike tha pan while it was hot"

I know it feels like we're running in circles with this but we're honestly never gonna see a zombie maze outside of Shaun of the Dead since none of them are environmental friendly for a maze.

Dawn of the Dead - He keeps saying, "give me an empty mall and I'll do it."

28 Weeks Later - Mostly outdoors in London

The Walking Dead - Mostly outdoors in Atlanta

You could technically do Night of the Living Dead, based off the original since it's all in a house but um... that's never gonna happen haha as bad ass as that would be! That's one of my favorite horror films.

Or Day of the Dead, since it's in a bunker but that's the least known of the "of the Dead" franchise.

Lol murdy actually said to give him an empty mall ? aahahah i love his sarcasm. Well than here's a solution for all the zombie movies that wont work.....GET CREATIVE ! They could make so many bad ass scares,enviroments etc. if they thought outside movie properties :/ sigh*

Murdy tweeted it's not from a sz and it's not from Evil Dead. Also was asked if it was from code name Steven he replied "hmmmmmm". Also replied it's not TrT. So, if this is from Steven, then we can cross off TrT and Evil Dead as possibilities for Steven.

To answer a few speculative questions you might have regarding "the Mask"

@horrornights mask is TRT warewolf!

@MikeTweetz No

@HorrorNights is the pic the codename steven

@Tyler_1252 Hmmmmm

@HorrorNights a creature from the thing maze ?

@hhn09 No

@HorrorNights the picturee is fron evil deadd ! Nd ithink soap opera or it has to do wit the maze that got influened wit dafrench revolution

@armando1495 nope

@HorrorNights Clearly Evil Dead.

@silk3198 clearly wrong

@HorrorNights he relates to a scarezone

@T7machinimas no

@HorrorNights http://yfrog.com/h4lgcgpj leatherface

@DannySlimJim no

What we can take from this.

It's not Leatherface. (Obvious. haha)

It's not a scarezone. This still leaves TT and a maze, but I'd stick with a maze.

It's not Evil Dead.

It's not The Thing.

It's not the Trick 'r Treat Werewolf.

It... may be the code name Steven.

Idk I mean no maze is for.sure besides the ones from PR's. So that means that scream isnt out of the running yet because of some other maze that we speculate will b there. I have a gut feeling that this year is going to be a big surprise n we will be happy.

There is a tomb of sorts in Wolfman. The area where he gets locked in at night is, I believe, inside a tomb.

YOUR TOTALLY RIGHT! how did that slip past me :blink: well in that case wolfman is looking more likely.

Murdy tweeted it's not from a sz and it's not from Evil Dead. Also was asked if it was from code name Steven he replied "hmmmmmm". Also replied it's not TrT. So, if this is from Steven, then we can cross off TrT and Evil Dead as possibilities for Steven.

to tell you the truth i think each code name represents a maze. 6 code names= 6 mazes. idk thats my logical thinking. Unless murdy is having 5 code names for the NEW mazes and just flat out releasing HOTC but than that would throw us off track on what bunny gibons is.

Now that we have a possibility of it being steven how would a zombie like creature and the french revolution relate :unsure:

The Thing GV Black (confirmed)

Hostel 3DN (confirmed)

HOTC- Bunny Gibson (by evidence its confirmed )

Wolfman Soap Opera

Trt/scream - trivia ???

Evil Dead/Possible Zombie maze- Steven

can someone correct me if im wrong im going off the top of my head and something doesnt feel right :P

Yeah... I am pretty damn sure that's not the Wolfman. I actually have some "issue" with the speculation for Wolfman... so heres some of my reasoning... Remember in 09 when we were supposed to get Wolfman but instead got MBV? Well...it seems like they would still have masks and props lying about if it is true they design these things all year... it just seems to me like Murdy would never ever make it that clear.

Second of all... this

When speculating about which movies may or may not end up as mazes for 2011, we have been getting some hints from John Murdy himself via Twitter. Mr. Murdy tweets A LOT. And he’s also very kind to answer almost every question he gets. And if you read through his responses, you will get some clues as to what concepts stand a chance for consideration:

Wolfman: “we just don’t see that many people asking for that particular film”

Has always jumped out at me. Sure... we have some fanboys in here... but the GP didn't like it. If you go to Rotten tomatoes there are 2 reviews... there is a critic and an audience review. Critically it has a 32% and the audience gives it a 38%... and a lot of people have rated it... over 215,000 people. The demand just isn't there. Army of Darkness has 193,000 reviews... but 85% of it's fanbase likes the film. Wolfman isn't Freddy or Jason... the name alone won't sell a maze and people will say "oh... this maze is based off that shitty movie" because that's how the general public seems to work.

This is the reason why... to me... they won't bring Wolfman. It just does not have the demand... if it had been a huge hit or something it would be different... but in HHN can't rely on films the GP does not like... it's just a bad idea. It would be like Disneyland making a new ride based on something like "prom" which was a box office failure. They're pretty much ignoring it... but had it been huge like High School Musical I can almost guarantee it would have gotten a show or at least some merchandise... but it does not because it didn't do well... so consider that.

Lastly I feel like the mask is a VERY good thing. The ONLY thing that "bothers me" is that evil dead 2 has the deadite with one eye after Bruce hits it... but I believe the "milky eyes" are a crucial feature to Deadites and Murdy has said in the past that he is a fan of the series... so it seems to me that he would make them looks as Deaditeish as possible. This does not work for any of the other mazes as far as I can tell... I suppose it could be in the catacomb room in corpses... but it seems like this is pointing to ZOMBIES ON TT!!!!! YAY!

Edited by the ghost

So let's presume some things...

1) Remember when I said they wouldn't release something from a movie from an outside studio because there would be license issues?

2) Remember when he said that all mazes would be based off a movie, including the HoH?

3) Now remember how he just said it's NOT Soap Opera but gave Steven a hmmmm? And we know it's not HOTC.

4) Steven is also the codename with a 65 page treatment which is WAY longer than an ordinary maze. That would only fit for either a) The House of Horrors because it's LONG being 2 stories or the Terror Tram. Which means it's NOT the JP queue location.

Okay, so here's my official speculation:

Steven is the House of Horrors or the Terror Tram, with the mask particularly pertaining to the WOTW set where there is ALWAYS zombies.

Which means Trivia is the JP Queue maze. And obviously, Soap Opera is the Shrek Queue and Bunny Gibbons is T2 Venue.

Edited by DTH316

^ That reminds me... does anyone have ANY terror tram info? I heard rumors for a long time that is was going to be re routed... then the rumors just kind of stopped... and I still don't know anything. Also you're post just made me VERY happy because it makes me think that if this is in fact the HoH Murdy said it was not Evil Dead... so YAY! I'm assuming 65 pages HAS TO be for TT. I mean... theres only so much they can do with HoH since it's permanent... but Tram is all under his control.

Just thought of something... TrT or Wolfman on Terror Tram... heres the logic. The "anit wolfman diatribe" was about my belief that Wolfman will not be a "icon" this year aka he will not get his own house... but he may be on the terror tram. However... TrT has it's own wolf creatures who come in the form of HOT girls... so I just thought of that... but it seems to make sense to me. I agree with DTH316 that this is likely for terror tram!

theres really not that much info on TT we know of. Besides rumors that it was getting re-reouted which are denied now we know nothing really. Unless a code name stands for it thats all we know. Also i would love a TrT TT if not a maze. Hmmmmm i was wondering what the go go dancers can possibly look like this year ;)

If Steven is the Terror Tram or House of Horrors, that would make me feel a bit better knowing that Scream is still a bigger possibility.

As for the Terror Tram, it's apparently going to be the same route as it has always has been. WotW sets, Psycho, and dirt trail. There have been rumors floating around that Rob Zombie would do the Terror Tram.

Hey guys, don't know if you noticed, but Murdy hinted that the mask is probably from Steven and that it's NOT from Evil Dead. So Evil Dead more than likely is NOT Steven. I see a couple of things saying it could possible ly be evil dead, but Murdy flatout denied it.

Edited by jymmymack

If Steven is the Terror Tram or House of Horrors, that would make me feel a bit better knowing that Scream is still a bigger possibility.

As for the Terror Tram, it's apparently going to be the same route as it has always has been. WotW sets, Psycho, and dirt trail. There have been rumors floating around that Rob Zombie would do the Terror Tram.

Murdy finally accepted on twitter the mask relates to steven.

@HorrorNights codename steven

@Tyler_1252 Yes

also i found a intresting tweet from DireBrian :D

@HorrorNights That's a nice zombie you've got there! I wonder how it will fit into "Steven". :)

@DireBrian Woah

im really not sure how to take this response as a slick yes or no...feel free to speculate on.

Also on the universal page for auditioning for scareactors it also ask for stilt walkers so we can assume well be having some back in New York street