HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

My predictions for this years event :

Scream (main icon)

HOTC -___-

Hostel

wolfman hoh overlay ? or Frankenstein

evil dead

TrT

And for some odd reason i think we might be getting TCM this year possibly. Also the codes you mention steven werent helpful at all lol. I think it be best for everyone to just keep their rumored info to themselves,well scareactors for 2011 at least, i wouldnt want to see your chances get ruined because of this we can be patient. If Murdy is not like last year he'll be a man of his word and give us our first PR sometime this week or maybe even next week !!! Although it would be nice to know at least if we really wont be getting any original content this year :/

Anyone else sick of this dude on the FB board screamin his mouth off about the Alice Cooper, La Llorona and Frankenstein mazes?

Now I'm reminded why I never look on there anymore.

Even if one out of those 3 is true, it's flippin ridiculous.

And speaking of La Llorona, I thought that didn't pan out that well last year with guests?

I remember hearing something like that... correct me if I'm wrong.

Anywho, that'd be a really crappy event if what that idiot is saying turned out to be true. Just sayin. Even with Scream in the mix.

Edited by DTH316

Anyone else sick of this dude on the FB board screamin his mouth off about the Alice Cooper, La Llorona and Frankenstein mazes?

Now I'm reminded why I never look on there anymore.

Even if one out of those 3 is true, it's flippin ridiculous.

And speaking of La Llorona, I thought that didn't pan out that well last year with guests?

I remember hearing something like that... correct me if I'm wrong.

Anywho, that'd be a really crappy event if what that idiot is saying turned out to be true. Just sayin. Even with Scream in the mix.

I'm not upset about him posting it out there for everyone, its the fact of not having real respect for the event itself

some people already know whats going on, even people who don't even CARE about the event, yet they're not putting it out there for everyone

and for people like myself, Trev and Hobbz we know a few things, but aren't ones who are gonna put it out there for everyone

yes i believe Codes would be fun (as seen in HHNO)

but at least have respect for the event

as for la Llorona, people "Liked" the fact that her presence was apart of the event, but not a lot of people found her scary, to be honest i'd rather have her Original Concept (BM) instead (been saying since the vault)

After re-watching Orlando's Frankenstein maze i cant help but say its a maze i might actually enjoy if they use the right originality,

people here might not like it, but they aren't open to the creative fields Murdy's been trying to bring to us

I saw that guy DTH and I have to agree with you :/ people like that piss me off. We always manage to get a couple of them every year over on the Orlando page too. >.< There's always gonna be some smart ass who thinks it's funny to mess with everybody. The funny thing is people rarely ever believe them xD lol

Well anywho, some more codenames and hints for other mazes would be helpful haha

But just don't try to be TOO revealing or obvious in risk of your jobs and such because I mean, personally I don't care knowing the event right now haha

But it's fun and it helps stir up the pot because we've basically been guessing the same 8 movies over and over again so anything to help broaden speculation would be nice.

I'll make a prediction of:

Trivia: Frankenstein

Bunny Gibbons: HOTC

Soap Opera: Scream

GV Black: Evil Dead

Steven: Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare

and what the hell, I'm throwing in my own -

3DN: Black Xmas (because I like to bet against the odds)

What's the line of logic behind Halloween being a maze?

I'd totally be down if it was, but I don't follow the hints that lead to it.

Edited by DireBrian

... I for one, would like to know why you're joining in on this Alice Cooper nonsense... lmao

Now, this is why I'm TOTALLY against this idea and hope to GOD this isn't true.

1) We already have a rocker with a maze. One is enough.

2) When I think horror, I don't think Alice Cooper as much as I did Rob Zombie. That honestly doesn't sell me nor will I think it sell many of the GP going to the event this year.

3) This just harkens back to the old days of HHN where all the mazes were sponsored by somebody. It's not progress, at all, and it'd be a huge step back for HHN after doing SO well for the last 5 years.

4) Even the name sounds stupid, like, really? lol

5) It's loosely based off some lame (I'm assuming here, I never watched it) TV show that nobody saw. Like seriously, who cares and why try to revive a dead brand?

Next year, after Rob Zombie's presence is gone, SURE, what the hell, throw it in the pot. But as of right now, the idea conjures up ZERO excitement for me.

... I for one, would like to know why you're joining in on this Alice Cooper nonsense... lmao

2) When I think horror, I don't think Alice Cooper as much as I did Rob Zombie. That honestly doesn't sell me nor will I think it sell many of the GP going to the event this year.

3) This just harkens back to the old days of HHN where all the mazes were sponsored by somebody. It's not progress, at all, and it'd be a huge step back for HHN after doing SO well for the last 5 years.

5) It's loosely based off some lame (I'm assuming here, I never watched it) TV show that nobody saw. Like seriously, who cares and why try to revive a dead brand?

Next year, after Rob Zombie's presence is gone, SURE, what the hell, throw it in the pot. But as of right now, the idea conjures up ZERO excitement for me.

I agree with DTH plus how many time do we have to say it, The Alice Cooper was already said by Murdy to be a rumor and once again for GV Black, Evil dead being GV Black Murdy said this about Gv Black "Someone has silver Fillings but they are not the title character" and with the names of each being "Evil Dead and Army of Darkness" there no title characters so we gotta count that out as being evil dead

You know what... what was the legitimacy of that interview in regards to TrT? I don't know if anyone checked into it but it very easily could've been fake. I think we should look more into it... because if it were to turn out to be fake, that would demolish every single ounce of hope of TrT ever coming and would throw it entirely out of the speculation loop until a sequel hits. And even then, it'd still just be DTV fare (unless it goes theatrical but that's really iffy considering TV movies/DTV going theatrical is um... VERY RARE (the ONLY movie I can think of that made this leap was High School Musical 3). The movie may have got a festival release but that doesn't even count as a VERY limited release.

Just throwing that out there.

Ill have to agree with DTH amd Grindhouse the Alice Cooper maze rumor was no diffrent than being as ridiculous as someone mentioning a twilight maze last year. Another Example of foolish comments said on the HHN FB page. Also a La llorona "rumored maze" doesnt seem likely to me. Its not even a movie based property. Her SZ turned out to not be such a success and some of the enviroments in the HoH (were people have said it would go) are irrelevant to the whole theme.

Oh yea for the people such as Trev and Hobbz or Steven doing the auditions and know a lil something can we at least know we have something good to look forward this year :D or not to get our hopes up to high :/

Edited by HorrorNights93

haha, well this is why I reference you guys here.

While that guy on the HHN FB is a total moron,

I started doing some math and I was getting some similar results. (Steven, the basement, tapes of the old recordings, a headmaster)

It's based off the record by the same name, which by the current date is a bit dated, but HHN is about reviving the things that used to haunt previous generations.

But, who knows? Murdy could be up to new tricks, or could be up to his same old thing, because hey it works.

I started doing some math and I was getting some similar results. (Steven, the basement, tapes of the old recordings, a headmaster)

It's based off the record by the same name, which by the current date is a bit dated, but HHN is about reviving the things that used to haunt previous generations.

But, who knows? Murdy could be up to new tricks, or could be up to his same old thing, because hey it works.

You never know what might pop up

i mean look at what HHN did to the Big 3,

gave em two years running, lets 2/3 have their moment last year and now the expected 3rd for next year

as well as to HOTC, that movie has been dead since 2003 yet was brought back to life by HHN

ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING is possible at HHN

for christ sake have you ever seen a LOG turn into a BUNNY before?!?!?

Edited by StevenForTmrw

I just thought of something. ^^^ This guy said Creation and Movies as his code names... and as of now there has not been enough TT predictions. I feel like it may be awesome this year and that Ghostface will take over the terror tram... and I feel like they may try to do something with the classics in some way besides HOH since there is going to be something to do with Frankenstein this year. Creation is a clear point, and he is on the cups, and although Murdy said no icon I know a lot of fans want something with the classics. If they do a TRT "reroute" I predict it will be Ghostface taking you through his favorite classic Universal Films. I think that would rule... the oldies have so much to work with... like a Giant monster terrorizing you as you walk down the path and maybe some angry village people who are angered at the creation of the best. Just an idea, but it's something no one has really thought of.

When did Murdy say there was no icon?

If that's so then I'm flippin pissed.

C'mon, '10 didn't REALLY have an icon or even a theme (just Freddy for MARKETING PURPOSES only).

Now it might've been the most successful year so far but it was for all the wrong reasons.

And honestly, I think it's because of the word of mouth it had built up from YEARS PRIOR (you know, the ones WITH themes and icons).

So I'm hoping they're not copying '10's model because it "worked."

Ugh...

And the Frankenstein on the cups thing is still spec/rumor.

And we have kinda been saying that about Ghostface taking over the Terror Tram. It's through LOTS and LOTS of pages though so I don't blame ya if ya didn't get to see it.

However, I don't think "classic Universal horror" is Ghostface's thing. I do believe he may mention it or implement it in someway but I don't think it'll be a "marathon" of Ghostface's favorite classics since what he's REALLY about is the modern day slasher. Would he pay respect to what started it all? Sure, but the character's main idea is what I said in the previous sentence.

Which is why I think stuff like Scream, Halloween, Friday & Nightmare all should've been the same year but we're passed that now so oh well. It would've worked with Ghostface rallying up his favorite slashers and what not. Although Freddy rallying up Jason and Leatherface was great and Jigsaw rallying up his minions, Myers and the miner was pretty good too. But now, I'm afraid, without his "forefathers", Ghostface doesn't have much to "rally up" so this idea of Ghostface running the show this year is a missed opportunity when it could've been bigger. Sure, he'll do a great job WHATEVER he's handed (that's IF he's even handed anything) but I think with Michael, Freddy, Jason, maybe even Leatherface & Chucky, it could've made something especially epic.

We will just have to see how things pan out now... hopefully it all works out splendidly.

When did Murdy say there was no icon?

If that's so then I'm flippin pissed.

C'mon, '10 didn't REALLY have an icon or even a theme (just Freddy for MARKETING PURPOSES only).

Now it might've been the most successful year so far but it was for all the wrong reasons.

And honestly, I think it's because of the word of mouth it had built up from YEARS PRIOR (you know, the ones WITH themes and icons).

So I'm hoping they're not copying '10's model because it "worked."

Ugh...

And the Frankenstein on the cups thing is still spec/rumor.

And we have kinda been saying that about Ghostface taking over the Terror Tram. It's through LOTS and LOTS of pages though so I don't blame ya if ya didn't get to see it.

However, I don't think "classic Universal horror" is Ghostface's thing. I do believe he may mention it or implement it in someway but I don't think it'll be a "marathon" of Ghostface's favorite classics since what he's REALLY about is the modern day slasher. Would he pay respect to what started it all? Sure, but the character's main idea is what I said in the previous sentence.

Which is why I think stuff like Scream, Halloween, Friday & Nightmare all should've been the same year but we're passed that now so oh well. It would've worked with Ghostface rallying up his favorite slashers and what not. Although Freddy rallying up Jason and Leatherface was great and Jigsaw rallying up his minions, Myers and the miner was pretty good too. But now, I'm afraid, without his "forefathers", Ghostface doesn't have much to "rally up" so this idea of Ghostface running the show this year is a missed opportunity when it could've been bigger. Sure, he'll do a great job WHATEVER he's handed (that's IF he's even handed anything) but I think with Michael, Freddy, Jason, maybe even Leatherface & Chucky, it could've made something especially epic.

We will just have to see how things pan out now... hopefully it all works out splendidly.

Any speculation on the Firefly Family taking over the TT this year? I think that would be rad!

Ya I think that would be cool too if the.firefly family took over and it would make scense. But also I heard that they wete gonna change up the HOH this year n do hanibal, frankinstein, dracula, and john murdy does love the classics. Just look at his monster room.

well honestly that sounds alot like evil dead to me.

Ya I think that would be cool too if the.firefly family took over and it would make scense. But also I heard that they wete gonna change up the HOH this year n do hanibal, frankinstein, dracula, and john murdy does love the classics. Just look at his monster room.

First of all wouldnt it seem realy random for Ghost to bring Classic Monsters? Also Murdy said although he loves the classics hes gonna lead the event more twords the taste of the audiance which is another main reason the Alice Cooper things would be major BS rumor or not GP might not even know who Alice Cooper is plus when there more modern and actual movie propertys out there that would draw in tons of cash why resort to the classics or Alice Cooper I mean if HHN Split in two one has Alice Cooper and classics monsters while the other had Scream, Evil Dead, I would spend my cash on the later

If the Firefly family were to take over the Terror Tram, I'd accept that because than at least there would seem to be semblance of a theme going on here this year although I'd rather prefer a more FRESH maze property be the icon/theme of the year.

HOWEVER, with that in mind, they better fuckin bring Scream back so Ghostface can take over and do that shit RIGHT or else it's the biggest missed opportunity for the Terror Tram EVER.

But anywho, I HIGHLY DOUBT the Firefly family is taking over the Terror Tram. I don't think there's enough material there to make the Terror Tram EPIC enough. Sure, it would suffice in many ways. They could be at the motel and on the dirty path but it wouldn't feel like YESSSSSSSSSSS. Knaw mean?

I'm not saying I want classics. I agree completely on what you're saying there are a lot of bettermovoed that they could use. Im just saying what I heard. I think that alice cooper maze would suck. But rob zombie is a better bet than ALice Cooper. And it makes scense to do devils rejects because its HOTC sequel. movies

well honestly that sounds alot like evil dead to me.

First of all wouldnt it seem realy random for Ghost to bring Classic Monsters? Also Murdy said although he loves the classics hes gonna lead the event more twords the taste of the audiance which is another main reason the Alice Cooper things would be major BS rumor or not GP might not even know who Alice Cooper is plus when there more modern and actual movie propertys out there that would draw in tons of cash why resort to the classics or Alice Cooper I mean if HHN Split in two one has Alice Cooper and classics monsters while the other had Scream, Evil Dead, I would spend my cash on the later