HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Wow, we have veered off track... Alice Cooper and La Llorona mazes... c'mon guys, with all the clues thus far, are we really buying into this?

Anywho, I feel like throwing more movie names out there just for the hell of it.

I Know What You Did Last Summer?

Resident Evil?

Candyman?

The Ring?

A full blown The Strangers maze?

Underworld?

....... Priest? (It is a 2011 movie afterall so I thought I'd ask haha)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a From Dusk Till Dawn maze.

Has any of these been denied thus far?

Why do I have this odd feeling that we're getting a repeat of Nightmare... just an odd, sinking feeling... for some reason, I just can't shake it. In fact, I've been feeling it ever since last year when going through ghe maze. Something about it made me think "this is coming back." I don't know, 6 seperate movie franchises... all horror... and all popular... something about it seems too good to be true without getting a repeat or two.

DTH is right guys

@HorrorNights A Alice cooper maze? this should be intresting someone spilt all the info supposedly on the HHN Fb

@Hhn09 That doesn't really have anything to do with the content. Wouldn't read to much into that

i wanna know where in the hell are these people getting there info from. Well were down to july so well start getting the info soon anyways. Im still confused what happened between the USH crew and HHN updaters can someone fill me in on that.

I haven't seen the movie, but Sam has told me that they bake pastries/cookies in Hostel.

I just watched it the other day. They don't bake anything.

None of the movies in the series have enviorments that could seriously work for a maze, and none of the hints point to any aspect of it whatsoever.

Wow, we have veered off track... Alice Cooper and La Llorona mazes... c'mon guys, with all the clues thus far, are we really buying into this?

Anywho, I feel like throwing more movie names out there just for the hell of it.

Resident Evil?

Candyman?

The Ring?

A full blown The Strangers maze?

Underworld?

....... Priest? (It is a 2011 movie afterall so I thought I'd ask haha)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a From Dusk Till Dawn maze.

Has any of these been denied thus far?

Why do I have this odd feeling that we're getting a repeat of Nightmare... just an odd, sinking feeling... for some reason, I just can't shake it. In fact, I've been feeling it ever since last year when going through ghe maze. Something about it made me think "this is coming back." I don't know, 6 seperate movie franchises... all horror... and all popular... something about it seems too good to be true without getting a repeat or two.

Priest bombed majorly, Candyman? I realy doubt it I know alot of people who never even heard of it, Underworld? like I mentioned before one of the update videos showed a pile of wood that were labeled "Victor's Study" and "Castle enterence" and I brought up this sounds like Underworld if this is the case this could be soap opera wich was said to have a tomb and forrest of which Underworld has, and ever since I joined the vault I thought Underworld would be a great maze and with the fourth movie coming out in Janaury this would be a good place to premier the trailer kinda like with Wolfman. I agree with Dr. Satan on IKWYDLS (DAMN that was a long one) it dont have alot to go on, its like scream with less enviroment and im sorry but a lame ass Villian, Resident Evil, From Dusk Till Dawn, I would love but I dont see coming this year, Strangers is something we can speculate on, and the Ring IDK just dont see it happening anytime soon.

i wanna know where in the hell are these people getting there info from. Well were down to july so well start getting the info soon anyways. Im still confused what happened between the USH crew and HHN updaters can someone fill me in on that.

What happened now?

thats what i was tryna figure out grindhouse. I was reading through post on the HHN FB and people made it seem real big and that universal was beng "mean" and causing them to lose fans idk 0.o Also someone posted a intresting posted about Trivia on the HHN Fb about it relating to a greek god creating a tradition we do today..Trick or Treat...well heres exactly what they said:

"i been thinkin...and googling lol one of our clues Is TRIVIA who Is a roman goddess. to the Greeks she was Hecate-she guided spirits to the underworld. it was believed that in autumn the veil between worlds was lifted and spirits walked the earth. people left hecate gifts of food outside their doors so she'd guide the dead away. today we call this tradition... TRICK 'R TREAT! what do you think?

seems like good evidence to me. just something to speculate on. And Murdy seems to be getting back into the swing of things on twitter again.He said well start getting info around mid july. and Happy 4th of July everybody :D

^ I hate to burst your bubble dude, but with HoTC coming back (Judging by the construction videos), I really do think that Trick r Treat only has a 15% chance of showing up this year.

Remember, Trivia got its codename from the fact that the name of the maze/property has been mentioned in a past Twitter trivia contest.

I think IKWYDLS is doable, considering Dead Man's Wharf (which is actually why I brought it up in the first place).

And it very well can be done. I can think of a maze off the top of my head right now:

Beach/dock outside scene

Fish gutting area (where Leonard from Big Bang Theory gets the hook in the jaw)

The sister's house (sister with a knife for a random scare)

Locker room (before he gets ran down)

Pageant show balcony

The store with mannequins

Back alleys (where cop is killed, turn down the alley with a bunch of boxes to where SMG is killed)

Fisherman's boat for the finale (use some motion floors like they did for the pirates maze at Knotts awhile back)

Final scare in a shower room

And that's just the first, the second one would be more environment friendly for a maze but it IS doable and all those places could easily be made scary. The first few rooms could use some transitional areas so it meshes better but definitely doable. Now I know a guy in a slicker and a hook isn't the scariest thing but pick axe was pretty lame if you ask me.

thats what i was tryna figure out grindhouse. I was reading through post on the HHN FB and people made it seem real big and that universal was beng "mean" and causing them to lose fans idk 0.o Also someone posted a intresting posted about Trivia on the HHN Fb about it relating to a greek god creating a tradition we do today..Trick or Treat...well heres exactly what they said:

"i been thinkin...and googling lol one of our clues Is TRIVIA who Is a roman goddess. to the Greeks she was Hecate-she guided spirits to the underworld. it was believed that in autumn the veil between worlds was lifted and spirits walked the earth. people left hecate gifts of food outside their doors so she'd guide the dead away. today we call this tradition... TRICK 'R TREAT! what do you think?

seems like good evidence to me. just something to speculate on. And Murdy seems to be getting back into the swing of things on twitter again.He said well start getting info around mid july. and Happy 4th of July everybody :D

I hate to tell you this too but Sam wich is supposed to be Sam Hein isnt realy a god its the original name of the holiday that became Halloween and its origin are Celtic not Roman or Greek. I still got hope for TrT but whoever wrote that realy wasnt doing too much research.

I think IKWYDLS is doable, considering Dead Man's Wharf (which is actually why I brought it up in the first place).

I know its doable but it just seems broing to me espeacialy the killer IDK maybe its just cuz I have cartoon hate for that movie.

And it very well can be done. I can think of a maze off the top of my head right now:

Beach/dock outside scene

Fish gutting area (where Leonard from Big Bang Theory gets the hook in the jaw)

The sister's house (sister with a knife for a random scare)

Locker room (before he gets ran down)

Pageant show balcony

The store with mannequins

Back alleys (where cop is killed, turn down the alley with a bunch of boxes to where SMG is killed)

Fisherman's boat for the finale (use some motion floors like they did for the pirates maze at Knotts awhile back)

Final scare in a shower room

And that's just the first, the second one would be more environment friendly for a maze but it IS doable and all those places could easily be made scary. The first few rooms could use some transitional areas so it meshes better but definitely doable. Now I know a guy in a slicker and a hook isn't the scariest thing but pick axe was pretty lame if you ask me.

I see what you're saying, but the movie just hasn't been popular in a long time. No one would understand half of it, anyways. I suppose that's what I should have said before.

And Trevler, I know. That maze was pretty awesome. And I think Dead Man's Wharf was a lot better than an actual IKWYDLS maze would be.

Edited by Dr. Satan

Hey all-

So there's been construction materials labeled as "Castle Entrance" and "Victor's Study"? So doesn't it seem very plausible there could be a Frankenstein maze (Victor Frankenstein)? Or a Classic Universal Monster maze (including Wolfman)? That could definitely explain multiple continents/time periods that have been hinted at. I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet. "Movie-based" mazes don't have to be recent movies.

Also- I agree with you all that IKWYDLS could make a good maze. But I also agree that the movie is so old and half-forgotten that it seems a huge longshot.

^^ The saw twins claimed a worker at universal told them frankenstein would be on the cups this year although murdy openly denied frankenstein as another rumor. Construction info should also be posted in the HHN 2011 construction thread. But im sure one year if not this year well being getting a classical monster theme.

Well lets think about this for a second, in regards to frankenstein: numero uno! The emplolyees firstly wouldnt know whats coming to hhn and secondly, they wouldnt know anything about the marketing and thats assuming theyve done anything for it yet. Now lets just BUY INTO THIS FRANKENSTEIN IDEA. Now murdy has flat out DENIED the maze notion BUT this still leaves room for a scare zone and the terror tram. Perhaps hes on london street or on the dirt path on the TT. But lets think of TT relocation. What has been the single most used spot on the lot as far as horror is concerned... Little europe. And what was filmed on little europe, you may ask... Well frankenstein ofcourse. So lets say, okay, hes on the cup, what does that say about all the other properties being used this year... That either theyre older or more obscure fare that cant buy people in... Stuff like TrT or evil dead. Now assuming once again that frankenstein cup thing is true, this COULD be just a new and alternative route that marketing is taking this year. Maybe they wanna sell the cups early as extra promotion and they just needed a recognizable UNIVERSAL icon to promote the event. The rumor, if true, could mean alot of things and still doesnt point towards a older classic theme.

^^ The saw twins claimed a worker at universal told them frankenstein would be on the cups this year although murdy openly denied frankenstein as another rumor. Construction info should also be posted in the HHN 2011 construction thread. But im sure one year if not this year well being getting a classical monster theme.

If they were going to do Frankenstein, they would put it in House of Horrors. It wouldn't make any sense to put it anywhere else. They have all of the sets right there. As for getting a "classic year", I wouldn't count on them doing that for at least a very, very long time. I think the closest we're ever going to get to a classic experience is a Wolfman maze that's very plausible to come this year.

They're just putting up Victor's study on the walls to throw us off. I'm 99% sure at this point it's HoTC again. It's the same layout, same walls....yeah. <_<

"Victor's Study" "Castle Enterence"+Soap Opera, Forrest and Tomb"= *Cough Cough* Underworld? just throwing it out there

Let's not forget that "Soap Opera" is going in the Shrek queue.

If they were going to do Frankenstein, they would put it in House of Horrors. It wouldn't make any sense to put it anywhere else. They have all of the sets right there. As for getting a "classic year", I wouldn't count on them doing that for at least a very, very long time. I think the closest we're ever going to get to a classic experience is a Wolfman maze that's very plausible to come this year.

They're just putting up Victor's study on the walls to throw us off. I'm 99% sure at this point it's HoTC again. It's the same layout, same walls....yeah. dry.gif

Let's not forget that "Soap Opera" is going in the Shrek queue.

but those labels werent on the HOTC they were on piles of fresh wood and why would they do that to throw us off when the walls for HOTC are still labeled "Ed Gein" "FireFly House" and "DR. Satan"

Soap Opera is clearly a Days of Our Lives maze.

the most terrifying maze ever!!!!!!

but those labels werent on the HOTC they were on piles of fresh wood and why would they do that to throw us off when the walls for HOTC are still labeled "Ed Gein" "FireFly House" and "DR. Satan"

When rebuilding a Maze they always use touch ups on panels and wood pieces, We had to have fresh planks last year (Empty Grave Maze in Anaheim) because some of the ones we had used in the past were broken or wearing down to the point where it was nearly usable,

im kinda of in agreement with Freak, ive said it in the past, A&D put up the tape to confuse the Updaters, remember how he said they had something to do with the event, thats what it was,

we all can pretty much make it official that HOTC is coming back, im STILL on the Verge of having a full blown RZ maze (not halloween, just his Original Creations)

but from what we know and have scene so far, it looks like HOTC is are best bet :/

When rebuilding a Maze they always use touch ups on panels and wood pieces, We had to have fresh planks last year (Empty Grave Maze in Anaheim) because some of the ones we had used in the past were broken or wearing down to the point where it was nearly usable,

im kinda of in agreement with Freak, ive said it in the past, A&D put up the tape to confuse the Updaters, remember how he said they had something to do with the event, thats what it was,

we all can pretty much make it official that HOTC is coming back, im STILL on the Verge of having a full blown RZ maze (not halloween, just his Original Creations)

but from what we know and have scene so far, it looks like HOTC is are best bet :/

Im also convinced HOTC is coming back Im not arguing that, but my point is there obviously not trying to throw off the updaters cuz the tape reads "Ed Gein, Dr. Satan and FireFly House" but theres another stack of wood who knows where in the park that read "Victor's Study, and castle enterence" my guess is that Soap Opera will be Underworld and will be in Shrek

It's "Attack of the Repeats: Murdy's Revenge - A Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Rob Zombie Experience in 4D. Hosted by Frankenstein's Monster."

I actualy want to see that now

It's "Attack of the Repeats: Murdy's Revenge - A Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Rob Zombie Experience in 4D. Hosted by Frankenstein's Monster."

do we get to walk the giant ass hill from the tram in there as well? :D

Im also convinced HOTC is coming back Im not arguing that, but my point is there obviously not trying to throw off the updated cuz the tape reads "Ed Gein, Dr. Satan and FireFly House" but theres another stack of wood who knows were in the park that read "Victor's Study, and castle enterence" my guess is that Soap Opera will be Underworld and will be in Shrek

Well at least were getting what the people wanted, it may not be Wolfman but a battle of Lycans and Vampires within the Castle would be pretty epic

I will be surprised if HOTC isn't coming back. I just dont know if Murdy could convince management to add another maze this year and have no repeats.

Hopefully that won't the case next year.

As for Underworld, that property's iron is long cold. The Wolfman is seemingly gaining a following so it would make more sense to do that than Underworld.

*PR Drops*

"What the heck is Underworld? Some sort of Sci-fi thriller or something?"

... Freak, what are you talking about? Underworld has 3 movies, all of which have hit number 1 in the box office over the last 6 or so years with another one coming out next year in 3D...

By all means, it doesn't even try to be scary but still, that's a silly point to make lol

Edited by DTH316

As for Underworld, that property's iron is long cold. The Wolfman is seemingly gaining a following so it would make more sense to do that than Underworld.

*PR Drops*

"What the heck is Underworld? Some sort of Sci-fi thriller or something?"

Im Sorry Freak but........................................ WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of what following is wolfman getting? it BOMBED! (The Remake so were clear) and alot of people didnt like it, and still dont to this day I pretty much bet that IF we do get wolfman its not because of its following if it does its just cuz of Murdy's passion for the classics and cuz it one of universal's own property which is cheap but also remember Wolfman did get droped twice! it got replaced with My Bloody valentine in 09 and was gonna be on the tram in '10 but got dropped for La Llorona Im pretty sure SAW's return was due to Wolfman getting droped no doubt it would be great if we have it as a maze but to say it has a cult following? I doubt that, and Unwerworld's Iron being Cold? its a well known Franchise is pretty much the center of Kate Beckonsale's (SP?) career it may not be huge but it is known and a sequal is hitting theaters 2 months after HHN and it would be an awsome way to promote the 4th instalment, and with 3 movies which are still being played on Cable channels like FX, AMC, TNT, and SyFy, all the time, even "IF" someone dont know it by name (Which I highly doubt many people do) once someone says "Its that movie with the hot vampire chick with guns and they fight warewolves" they should know. Im not saying its on top of the list but it was on the survey and and more signs point to it, Victor's study Victor is the leader of the Vampires and the villian of the first movie, the series has a forrest, a Castle and a tomb, the need for more female (non-Victum) Scare Actors, and it does take place in europe so IMHO its more of a possibility then Wolfman.

and what DTH said haha