HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

We know 3DN is Hostel.

We know Steven is French Revolution based and has a basement scene with a tape (so somehow there's technology)

We know Bunny Gibbons is HOTC.

We know GV Black sounds a whole lot like The Thing (which has been confirmed as NOT Wolfman)

And we know Soap Opera sounds a lot like either The Wolfman or The Evil Dead (which HASN'T been confirmed as NOT Wolfman - - but we do know it's in the Shrek venue and that Wolfman was previously designed for that location).

Murdy had actually openly denied Soap Opera being Evil Dead. When we all jumped on the band wagon that ED was Soap, Murdy said that everyone has yet to guess what Soap opera was. If it's not Evil Dead, then what else would have a forest and a tomb? Add on to the fact that it was originally designed for Shrek...I'm seriously really happy right now. :D

The first weekend is the 23rd of September. (Or so I think, I'm not 100% on that but they've been expanding so that seems like the logical time since they want to start in Sept now to match Knotts).

That would make sense. I would assume that's when the event will start.

where did you get this from? I thought the dates werent out yet?

I updated to show that's my assumption. Whoops haha.

Freak, I didn't know that! Son of a beetch! Just give me Evil Dead, dammit! It's last hope is Steven, which I suppose is a possibility but I don't know. Scream and Evil Dead are my two favorite horror movies of all time - - together at one event - - awwwwww, I'd cry literal tears of joy. Right now, it's almost seeming unlikely for both of them but dammit, one or the other and I'll be a happy clam.

Hey guys, big news. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D is scheduled to be released October 5th, 2012. Just thought I'd let ya know to count it OUT for this year and put it in the running for next year. It's also a direct sequel to the original series and NOT the remake series so if we get a maze for it, it would be a very different beast.

Be sure to check out the HHN General forum to participate in the theme vs. no theme forum.

actualy Murdy has Confirmed that GV Black is NOT wolfman and all we got is our Guesses no one has said anything about anything being confirmed except GV Black and Im sorry but all signs prooves HOTC

Well now haven't there been new reports that they're simply reusing the walls from HOTC and painting over them? And they very well could just be reusing the layout as well and retheming the interior. They've been doing that in Orlando for years!

Not saying we're not going to get HOTC again. Using past years as evidence, it's very likely. Call me optimistic, but I'm just hoping we get some originality. I'm weird like that :rolleyes:

That's what's been said, that they've been painted over but I haven't seen any of that. I've seen boards in front of walls but that's it.

But I don't care, I don't mind repeats. I've been a Knotts fan for ages. As long as I get SOMETHING new.

Just to throw it out there, but Hellraiser: Bloodlines had a bit that was set around Revolutionary France.

I'm honestly having a hard time picturing that since Murdy said a couple of months ago that Hellraiser needs another movie to released first before it gets a maze. Yeah, there was the most-recent DTV release that came out, but the GP doesn't know anything about that...

I updated to show that's my assumption. Whoops haha.

LOL ok for a minute I thought I missed somthing lol

Well now haven't there been new reports that they're simply reusing the walls from HOTC and painting over them? And they very well could just be reusing the layout as well and retheming the interior. They've been doing that in Orlando for years!

no so for all we seen is them prop on and off a board of wood covering up pentagrams plus Bunny Gibson is a refrence to Ed Gein and HOTC in the murder ride has a room dedicated to Ed Gein

Just to throw it out there, but Hellraiser: Bloodlines had a bit that was set around Revolutionary France.

why in the hell hasnt anyone else been thinking of that

i COMPLETELY forgot about Hellraiser! that was my first movie choice i started begging Murdy about!! :o

time to go rewatch the films and see if theres any clues or hints!

Edited by StevenForTmrw

Murdy has denied Hellraiser already

Which is unfortunate, because I think a Hellraiser maze would be amazing. Also, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on here but Murdy pretty much confirmed that once again Bill and Ted would be our only show. I'm fine with this as long as we have 6 mazes, which it is seeming we will.

Which is unfortunate, because I think a Hellraiser maze would be amazing. Also, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on here but Murdy pretty much confirmed that once again Bill and Ted would be our only show. I'm fine with this as long as we have 6 mazes, which it is seeming we will.

He just said that it would need another theater released movie

He just said that it would need another theater released movie

Yeah I know I'm just being impatient haha. I still have faith this year will be great,even if HOTC returns. I'm seemingly alone here, but enjoyed it enough that I wouldn't mind it coming back for one more year. I would definitely prefer a new maze, but its better than another repeat of Saw, Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Well theres no hope in slaughterworld returning any soon. Even though it was just a more Adult version of the regular show it was good in bringing in a crowd of people. This could also shorten the wait time in certain mazes. Also we use to have a good magic show in 2007 (before the carnival of carnage show in 2006) at the animal planet or w.e its called venue lol. The show was actually pretty good. Im really hoping HOTC is not returning even though by evidence i should just be accepting it by now :(

...I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on here but Murdy pretty much confirmed that once again Bill and Ted would be our only show. I'm fine with this as long as we have 6 mazes, which it is seeming we will.

When did he say that? Whatever the case, I'm totally not surprised at all; as a matter of fact, I was expecting B & T to be our only show this year once again. I mean, we are expanding up to six mazes after all. Remember last year when John (I'm tired of saying his last name haha) said that they replaced a second show with a fifth maze and King Kong Express? We are getting a sixth maze and hopefully a better Terror Tram or House of Horrors so I'm not surprised that a second show would probably have been cut from the budget. To be honest, I would actually be surprised to see a second show. Oh well, I'd much rather have better quality stuff than another time-killer.

Another thing I want to point out is that every year since 2006, they have shaved off a show. When HHN first came back we had five shows, 2007 we had four, 2008 we had three, 2009 we had two, last year we had one, this year I'm sure we'll still have one. I think that's the way it's going to be for quite a long time. Now if our event should expand to seven mazes in the fairly distant future, I think our only show will be B & T from there-on-out. Again, I think I speak for everyone on here when I say that we would prefer better quality stuff than another show, am I right?

Yeah I know I'm just being impatient haha. I still have faith this year will be great,even if HOTC returns. I'm seemingly alone here, but enjoyed it enough that I wouldn't mind it coming back for one more year. I would definitely prefer a new maze, but its better than another repeat of Saw, Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Actually Nightcrawler, I feel the same way. I only went through the maze once last year but saw it numerous times on YouTube. Even though I would have definitely preferred an all-new maze, it won't hurt to go through it a few last times this year and then saw good-bye and good riddance once this year's event ends and look forward to something new for 2012.

And yes, a repeat of HoTC is DEFINITELY better than "Saw: Game Still Not Over....Again", "Nightmare on Elm Street: Never See Freddy Again", or "Friday the 13th: Stop, Jason, STOP!" :P

Well theres no hope in slaughterworld returning any soon. Even though it was just a more Adult version of the regular show it was good in bringing in a crowd of people. This could also shorten the wait time in certain mazes. Also we use to have a good magic show in 2007 (before the carnival of carnage show in 2006) at the animal planet or w.e its called venue lol. The show was actually pretty good. Im really hoping HOTC is not returning even though by evidence i should just be accepting it by now :(

I was never really a fan of SlaughterWorld in the first place, judging by the videos I saw on YouTube. Not really my style of humor and the show just looked like something to see when you've been through all of the mazes and have ridden all of the rides. Basically, just a filler in my opinion. Would've been nice to have it to eat up the crowds though. I don't think SW will ever come back so don't bet on it. Pyro cost too much to run during the event; not to mention the cost for the actors working overtime from the day and the complaining neighbors who will not tolerate such action during the night. I guess it will forever be in the history books for HHN.

A small magic show or something in the Animal arena would've been nice, but again, the mazes/SZs or TT remain top priority to us and the GP.

I would expect HoTC to come back. It all looks too similar to the original layout to be even though of as something different...unless they replace all of the original cast with actors posing as angry HHN fans screaming, "NO REPEATS!". Seriously though, I'm glad they got the bad out of the way first.

Someone asked Murdy if our event would ever have more than one show and he said something along the lines of "maybe sometime in the future". And yes, the best thing about this HOTC repeat is that we got it out of the way first. I believe the last maze announced last year was the Saw repeat. The mazes should be announced repeats, HOH, new mazes. Any other way is just disappointing. And I know its dumb to be bitching about the order that the information is released, but when you wait all year for this info it sucks to realize the only things left to announce were a vampire HOH and Saw.

I expect the event to expand to 7 mazes and 3 shows eventually. Also, next year will see the release of Transformers: The Ride. If its a success, its possible the budget of HHN would increase. At the same time, simply running it at HHN might be seen as an expansion of the event.

Someone asked Murdy if our event would ever have more than one show and he said something along the lines of "maybe sometime in the future". And yes, the best thing about this HOTC repeat is that we got it out of the way first. I believe the last maze announced last year was the Saw repeat. The mazes should be announced repeats, HOH, new mazes. Any other way is just disappointing. And I know its dumb to be b******* about the order that the information is released, but when you wait all year for this info it sucks to realize the only things left to announce were a vampire HOH and Saw.

I agree. Last year they announced HoTC, Vampyre, NoES, F13....then Saw. Man, what a flop that was. <_<

I expect the event to expand to 7 mazes and 3 shows eventually. Also, next year will see the release of Transformers: The Ride. If its a success, its possible the budget of HHN would increase. At the same time, simply running it at HHN might be seen as an expansion of the event.

Whoa, three shows? Orlando has eight mazes and only two shows. We'll be lucky if we even have two in the future. I want to keep the whole "future possibilities" discussions to a minimum here since this is just the Speculation for 2011, but once Transformers opens, that's gonna be a big crowd magnet, which would allow higher capacity = More $$$ = Higher budget for HHN. I'd rather they stay at six right now at least until 2013 in order to make sure we get an all-new year next year and possibly get a new show. I mean, if you think about it we kinda have a descent quantity here. Six mazes AND a Terror Tram. Seven attractions right there so I think the seventh maze should wait until 2013, personally.

Back to speculation, I wonder if the amount of scarezone will be the same (six) or of we're going to lose one this year. Since the sliders are being cut, I'm worried if the roaming scareactors and bush people like we had last year will be cut from the budget as well.

Freak i was never a fan of SW either i dont like the show but it did eat up crowds=lesser wait time in mazes!! that was the only benefit we had lol. we had 5 mazes 2006 !!! lol i dont recall those many thats wierd but your probably right. Have we had any movie bbased SZ besides Saw ?? that would be intresting. And as far as 7 mazes im surprised we managed to get 6 this fast!! we truly are growing fast if you think about it.

Freak i was never a fan of SW either i dont like the show but it did eat up crowds=lesser wait time in mazes!! that was the only benefit we had lol. we had 5 mazes 2006 !!! lol i dont recall those many thats wierd but your probably right. Have we had any movie bbased SZ besides Saw ?? that would be intresting. And as far as 7 mazes im surprised we managed to get 6 this fast!! we truly are growing fast if you think about it.

Shaun of the dead in 09 and Dawn of the dead in 06

Ight, I'm back. I've been without internet. I'll be using dial-up until Tuesday.

Anywho, with that in mind, I gotta say all I can say in one swift kick in the nuts since I can't just sit here and stay on, bouncing back and forth with the conversations.

Let's start with Hellraiser. I totally agree with Murdy. The franchise hasn't been theatrical since part 3 and there's about 8 of them now. He's a recognizable icon but then again, nobody truly knows WHAT he does. And it's not like he has a scary weapon to kill people with. In fact, I wouldn't even say he functions as a full villain for the most part in the movies. It's usually just a bunch of other misc. weird crap going on that's Pinhead's doing. Personally, I could care less to ever see it as a maze as it would just confuse the hell out of people and have them wondering, "where's the guy with nails in his face?" Because really, he wouldn't be popping out of any booholes because that's just not his function in the movies. I'm looking forward to see how he's handled in the remake but until than, my opinion stays the same.

One show is kinda lame. I was happy that we at least had KK360 last year and I'm still hoping that SOMEHOW it returns to swallow up crowds (plus, I'd honestly probably rather do that again than HOTC if it came down to it). I hope to GOD they NEVER get rid of Bill and Ted. That is what I finish my night off with every time and anything else would just be an injustice. I can't imagine going into a final maze and then going "alright, that's it for tonight." I need something a little extra to make my night end with a bang. I never got to see Slaughterworld and I always kinda wanted to. Anyone know of a link on youtube where I can see it?

I too think the order in which info is released is very important. Even though we had the last few leaked, I still had hope that late into the month that somehow it was a hoax. Release the repeats first so I know that when I'm looking forward to a PR that it's at least for something worth giving a damn over. Or maybe one new and THEN one repeat announcement, that way I'm not waiting an extra week longer for the new announcement. And you know what, I'm tired of this several PRs crap anyway. What da eff. It builds suspense and excitement but honestly, I think I'd be just as excited either way if I got it all at once. I like to be excited for the event as a whole, not just one maze at a time. I won't get too much into it since I don't think this will ever change but I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about.

As for expansion, after Transformers next year, I REALLY hope we're done. 6 mazes, 4 rides, 1 show and a Terror Tram is ENOUGH for such a small park and such limited time. As it is, I'm already having doubts that I'll be able to successfully get everything in this year since last year, I did every single thing and made the last Bill and Ted show AT THE NICK OF TIME after running from Vampyre. Front of the Line pass just ain't my fancy either. I don't mind standing in lines. And multi-night passes are cool and all but I like to have a "one night experience". I hate having to go back because I feel like I "missed something." So everything is enough, expansion after this point will damage the event if anything or at least guest experiences. I like to think that everyone is rich enough and can just easily upgrade to FOTL or a FFP but fact of the matter is, there are alot of people who SCRAPE, BEG and SAVAGE on top of work their ass off just to go to HHN at least ONCE. Using the extra parts of the event that one missed as a selling point just won't work for those folks as they're done for the year and will be sadly disappointed they can't return because the park has queue issues and too many damn attractions to experience in one night. I also fear any more than 6 mazes might tamper quality. And dammit, if HHN is good for any one thing, it's that.

Also, I thought I'd throw into the speculation pot that Asia is a continent and they are known for having quite a few horror films that we duplicate so I see it as very possible we could get a GRUDGE maze. Now Knotts already did it but I know HHN could do it better and it would go with the reports that they need a lot of female workers this year.

Also, I'd like to throw The Descent, Jeepers Creepers and The Hills Have Eyes back into the melting pot just so we haven't forgotten about them. Has any been denied so far? Can any of those fit the codenames and/or hints?

Let's start with Hellraiser. I totally agree with Murdy. The franchise hasn't been theatrical since part 3 and there's about 8 of them now. He's a recognizable icon but then again, nobody truly knows WHAT he does. And it's not like he has a scary weapon to kill people with. In fact, I wouldn't even say he functions as a full villain for the most part in the movies. It's usually just a bunch of other misc. weird crap going on that's Pinhead's doing. Personally, I could care less to ever see it as a maze as it would just confuse the hell out of people and have them wondering, "where's the guy with nails in his face?" Because really, he wouldn't be popping out of any booholes because that's just not his function in the movies. I'm looking forward to see how he's handled in the remake but until than, my opinion stays the same.

One show is kinda lame. I was happy that we at least had KK360 last year and I'm still hoping that SOMEHOW it returns to swallow up crowds (plus, I'd honestly probably rather do that again than HOTC if it came down to it). I hope to GOD they NEVER get rid of Bill and Ted. That is what I finish my night off with every time and anything else would just be an injustice. I can't imagine going into a final maze and then going "alright, that's it for tonight." I need something a little extra to make my night end with a bang. I never got to see Slaughterworld and I always kinda wanted to. Anyone know of a link on youtube where I can see it?

Also, I thought I'd throw into the speculation pot that Asia is a continent and they are known for having quite a few horror films that we duplicate so I see it as very possible we could get a GRUDGE maze. Now Knotts already did it but I know HHN could do it better and it would go with the reports that they need a lot of female workers this year.

Also, I'd like to throw The Descent, Jeepers Creepers and The Hills Have Eyes back into the melting pot just so we haven't forgotten about them. Has any been denied so far? Can any of those fit the codenames and/or hints?

ok first I agree with you on Hellraiser on all levels since alot peple dont get that pin heads is pretty much a neutral (SP?) force in the movies and its not like the scares can come from him since its not like he realy moves or anything.

We need more shows IMO not alot 1-2 more would be great and I honestly loved SW I know its just an adult version of WW but come on im 21 and HHN is an adult event, and I know in my case and alot of peoples these days its not like Im able to go to USH anytime in the year I have to work and save up just for HHN, im a college student so after spending cash on food, gas, books, tuition ect. I save up to to buy to the tickets and to have money for parking food and to spend, so honestly I could care less if it basicly the same show as the day time its not like I seen it the week before and I do enjoy the humor of it, plus it does eat a large number of the crowd, this also goes for KK360, alot of people only go to uni for HHN so to throw that in the mix for one more year would be cool.

IDK why but I doubt were gonna see a grudge maze anytime soon, and the Descent and the hills have eyes were denied even before the code names.

ok first I agree with you on Hellraiser on all levels since alot peple dont get that pin heads is pretty much a neutral (SP?) force in the movies and its not like the scares can come from him since its not like he realy moves or anything.

We need more shows IMO not alot 1-2 more would be great and I honestly loved SW I know its just an adult version of WW but come on im 21 and HHN is an adult event, and I know in my case and alot of peoples these days its not like Im able to go to USH anytime in the year I have to work and save up just for HHN, im a college student so after spending cash on food, gas, books, tuition ect. I save up to to buy to the tickets and to have money for parking food and to spend, so honestly I could care less if it basicly the same show as the day time its not like I seen it the week before and I do enjoy the humor of it, plus it does eat a large number of the crowd, this also goes for KK360, alot of people only go to uni for HHN so to throw that in the mix for one more year would be cool.

IDK why but I doubt were gonna see a grudge maze anytime soon, and the Descent and the hills have eyes were denied even before the code names.

its not the fact of having him come out at you and the GP say "ahh its a guy with needles on his head" its the creatures and what can come from within Pandora's Box that makes the movies ccreepy

show: B&T will forever stay, its USH and USO tradition and ALWAYS takes in the crowd, every year i heard people talking about scenes from the show and they are really enjoying whats coming to them, as of right now, im fine with just 1 show, dont get me wrong it would be amazing to have a new show come in and take up wait times, but we DO have the TT as well as Rides that can help with that as well......if were getting anything back....pray to the gods it happens....Insult Emporium anyone? ;D

Grudge wont be used by USH, Corp wont do a Maze thats already been done by Knotts or Six Flags

My guess is, IF SCREAM IS COMING, that it's Trivia.

We know 3DN is Hostel.

We know Steven is French Revolution based and has a basement scene with a tape (so somehow there's technology)

We know Bunny Gibbons is HOTC.

We know GV Black sounds a whole lot like The Thing (which has been confirmed as NOT Wolfman)

And we know Soap Opera sounds a lot like either The Wolfman or The Evil Dead (which HASN'T been confirmed as NOT Wolfman - - but we do know it's in the Shrek venue and that Wolfman was previously designed for that location).

So it has to be Trivia, which I'm guessing is the 2011 movie Murdy was talking about.

I did a wee bit of research on French Revolution and foundout Brotherhood of the Wolf takes place during that era. Now there's 0 chance that'll be maze but I thought that was interesting considering it's the only remote horror thing on there and it's a Universal property while there is another Universal property that came out recently involving wolves...

My assumption was that 3DN was referring to a movie with:

A Broken Neck (hint)

That was set in Canada (International) and

Features Fresh Baked Cookies & Burnt Flesh.

3DN - Three Dog Night's biggest hit was "Joy To The World" which is also the name of a popular Xmas song...

Thus... Black Xmas. A Recently Remade, yet classic horror flick