HHN 21 | Take A Chance Clues & Answers

Oh!!! Mouse, not track pad. I have been using the track pad. That's why this game gave me barely a second to play before I lose. Thank you very much.

A second might be generous -___- dont know how I was able to beat it with the trackpad.

Edited by hackNslash

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those still having trouble, this is what worked for me:

When starting the game, don't focus on anything but keeping the cannon balanced. Eventually, you'll notice that it calms down for a second or two and doesn't go flying as easily. Use that opportunity to go after one of the ropes, and repeat until you've got them all. Really, the hardest part is keeping the cannon from crashing.

I'm unsure about the "wrong rope" thing, as I only noticed four ropes, and I cut them all...sword didn't break once. Pure luck? Don't think I want to try it anymore I've already lost enough tokens since they made things a bit harder lol.

Someone more knowledgeable than me can check the code to see how it actually works, but I believe you simply have a chance on each cut that your sword will break. So it doesn't really matter what order you pick ropes in, as long as you're lucky enough to avoid 2 bad rolls of the die.

And can keep the stupid cannon from exploding, of course. :angry:

i picked the orange card and it sent me to flip a pirates dubloon, has this game been on the site or is it new and ive never chosen it?

"Pirate's Doubloon?" There's no such thing.

Pirates didn't print their own currency. This is a Spanish doubloon.

Well beat the new game. Lost another K

You choose the left destination.

then it is another game of chance where you don't want to get the 2 rotten books.

It's amazing what luck and chance will do for you with these games. I ended up doing it on my first try, but after reading that you lost 1K points, I was a bit worried.

Well I have the worst luck when it comes to chance. If the odds are 8 to 1 in my favor.. 9 times out of 10 I will pick the wrong one.

I usually do too, but yesterday luck seemed to be on my side. I won several games while I was at work (even the machine game I won like 3 times) and then got the new game....well on the third time (I chose the wrong poster the first time, and then there were 2 blue cards my 2nd and I chose the wrong one). Who knows what today will bring

I'd like to add the author of each book as it appears on the game:

- Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley (1818)

- Wuthering Heights by Ellis Bell (London, 1847)

- The Rime Of The Ancyent Marinere by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1798)

- Vampyre: A Tale by John Polidori (London, 1819)

- Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1846)

Although it says that is a random choice game, I beat it with the same choices three times.

From left to right:

- Second & Third books on the top

- First, Third and Fourth on the bottom.

I hope this works for you.

I'd like to add the author of each book as it appears on the game:

- Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley (1818)

- Wuthering Heights by Ellis Bell (London, 1847)

- The Rime Of The Ancyent Marinere by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1798)

- Vampyre: A Tale by John Polidori (London, 1819)

- Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1846)

Although it says that is a random choice game, I beat it with the same choices three times.

From left to right:

- Second & Third books on the top

- First, Third and Fourth on the bottom.

I hope this works for you.

Hmmm Wuthering Heights was written by one of the Bronte sisters wasn't it? Charlotte or Emily i think. It's one of my moms favorites.

This year's set of games, along with the bannishment, lacks any element of fun. Yeah, it's luck - I get it - stop hitting me over the head with it. I so long for the days when we spent hours trying to simply see if the hand on the Grandfather clock had moved, or if we could puzzle together the pages from Mary's journal. At least we're getting some hints as to the houses on the 50/50 pages, but that's not enough to satisfy me.

Edited by zombieman