HHN 21 | Take A Chance Clues & Answers

Alright, since i've seen alot of repetitive question, please read this first! Here's all we know so far, and anyone is welcome to add:

image49oj.png

Six cards are presented. One is a fake, five lead to games of luck.

-Each stage puts thirty tokens at risk. If a stage is passed it rewards you thirty tokens.

-For each stage that is passed, your house of cards gets another set of cards added to it, being built up.

-Also, for each stage that is passed you receive half a poker chip.Other than that, there's nothing else I noticed.

unled6ru.png

H.R. BloodeNGutz Presents : Holidays of Horror

-Picking the blinking line on the right leads you to the next stage.

-Notepad mentions two calls. One for a Television Station, the other from a Taxidermist.

-Second stage includes a completely random sequence of nine televisions.

-Three of experiencing difficulty, Six are working properly, it's pure luck on which to pick

The Final Cut

-Pick the correct film negative.

unled10n.png

Winter's Night : The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

-Clicking the Tombstone farthest to the right leads you into the next stage.

-Name on the Tombstone is Lady Elizabeth Hawthorn.

-Second stage includes a set of five keys.

-Three of the five open one of the three available crypts. Pure luck, no set pattern.

No rest for the Dreary

-Find the blue lantern!

unled9xp.png

The In Between

-Clicking on the box of runes leads you into the next stage.

-The Rune Office seems to belong to a Professor of Religion as Dr. Jimmy has stated before.

-Second stage includes four wooden rune pieces that need to be inserted in the correct order.

-No set pattern discovered as of yet, some people have had luck using the patter on the rune box in the office.

Poster Child

-Rip down the posters till you find the demon.

unled8bh.png

Saws & Steam : Into the Machine

-Clicking on "True" leads you to the next stage.

-It's a simple match game.

-Match all the pump lights before either the steam runs out or before the thirty second timer runs out.

-No pattern and it's been modified recently to lose more steam per missed match.

Lend an Ear

-Find the remaining chunk of body!

unled7dk.png

Nightingales : Blood Prey

-Clicking on the left poster leads you into the next stage.

-Click on the boxes under the Army vehicle to win the game.

-When three of the boxes explode, the house wins.

-No pattern. I've noticed having three exploding boxes on one side at a time.

A bit of the Bubbly.

-Keep clicking the soldiers till you find the booze!

loosecannon.png

The Forsaken

-Clicking Heads for the Golden Dubloon leads you into the next stage.

-Balance the ship while cutting the four hanging ropes.

-Do this without breaking the sword more than twice.

-One of the four ropes is uncut-able until other ropes are cut.

-Some people have been able to break their sword on one rope and then cut the same rope right after.

-The pattern that I've noticed worked for me the most is left front rope, left back rope, right front rope, right back rope.

Secret of the Stones

-Keep clicking the stones on the wall till you find the Galleon Ship.

unled11qu.png

Nevermore : The Madness of Poe

-Clicking on the poster for Baltimore leads you into the next stage.

-Baltimore, MD. Famous for many things, including the author Edgar Allen Poe

-Two books are completely rotted. Pick mint condition books before picking both of the rotted books.

-No pattern, pure luck.

-The books in good condition:

The Rime of the Ancyent Marinere (1798)

Wuthering Heights (1847)

Frankenstein (1818)

Vampyre (1819)

Faust (1846)

pinkj.png

The Thing

-Leaning the steering stick to the left leads you into the next stage.

-Use the flamethrower to ignite three things out of five shadows. Two of the shadows are real people.

-Obviously for the Thing. Confirms the Pool Table seen is for this house.

-Best 3 out of 5 rule.

-No Pattern.

Baby it's Cold Outside

-Smash the windows till you find the one that doesn't show fire..

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A decent strategy for the Channel Surfing game is to treat it like tic-tac-toe: go for the four corners first. In all the times that I played it, I never saw them connect in a row, meaning all three of the "Please Stand By" screens never touched diagonally. If you get two as corners, then that means the one in between them is safe. I also noticed that a lot of the time two of them would be touching in someway and the third would be slightly separated, but never extremely far away. I won the most amount of games using this strategy. Also, keep your choices consistent. If you get down to the last two screens and they're the same two TVs that you had to choose from on your previous fail, choose the "wrong" screen again. It's an old standardized test strategy: you are better off filling in the same letter all the way down the test than you are Christmas tree'ing it. Stick with what you choose (left or right, top or bottom, high, middle, or low). Useless piece of information: C is the most commonly used letter for multiple choice answers. At least it was when I was in high school. lol

For the Crypt game, I noticed one pattern, but I don't think it's consistent. I won two or three times by selecting keys using variations on this fashion: Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No. Again, it does seem to be the more random of the two released so far.

Always choose line 10 and always choose the tombstone farthest to the right.

Woo hoo I'm top of the overall leaderboard with 330 points under Jason S. I've overtaken Taylor S. Taylor Swift? Nah couldn't be lol. I knew all those hours of playing adventure games like The Secret Of Monkey Island would pay off one day lol

I can confirm that although the puzzle answers to the tv and crypt games change every time there are not infinite answers. The same answers roll around fairly regular so there are only so many to choose from. So far I've come up with 8 different answers to the tv puzzle and 5 different answers to the crypt.

Edited by Grimp0nd

So far from what I can tell the patterns for the TVs and Keys are random. Looks like we are trying to build a house of cards as every win builds a different section of the house. When it comes to the lines on the phone I would suggest to stay way from line 2 as you will lose tokens. Also there are 8 tokens on the house page and we have 2 games thus far. It is safe to say that there will be about 6 more games added later. You only have to beat the available games to unlock the associated token on the house page.

Crypt is much easier to win - no matter what, if you get that first key in there, your odds of winning increase. My recommendation to win is keep using the first key in the middle or right crypt until you get it on the first try - if you don't get it on your first try, refresh. Then, use the middle key on either of the crypts - hopefully it'll unlock, the middle one has been lucky for me. Then you've got three attempts with only three posibilities - guaranteed win. Takes some patience to keep refreshing for the proper combination, but it's worked twice for me.

TVs really are a crapshoot. No matter what, you're 99% gonna end up with a 50/50 shot at the end with two TVs. Blah!

I don't believe in random acts or luck, especially when it comes to computers and computer generated content.

Cards: After the 21st cycle ( F5 ) the pattern of cards repeats I thought it was neat.

1Yellow 2 Green - ( Telephone Line # 10 )

TVs ( 81 Combinations all together )

TIC TAC TOE + Some random ones DISASTER MAZE is my guess.

1 _ 2 X 3 _

4 _ 5 X 6 _

7 _ 8 X 9 _

2Yellow 1 Green - ( Grave # 3 RIGHT HAND SIDE )

Crypt ( 60 Combinations all together )

ICON HOUSE SS22 is my guess

Key 1 Door 1

123 132 142 152

124 134 143 143

125 135 145 145

You all can handle the rest.

More Cards to come in the following colors but perhaps not in that order.

Green Red Purple Gold Pink etc. 1 Color per card per house is my guess.

If this is my last entry do to my work schedule then Happy Halloween.

Edited by Sinister

Ok, I have nothing better to do, and tried to crack the pattern for the past two hours. I think that it really is random. I recorded the results of my games if I was able to get two things or more "certain." This goes for both games. I'd make templates that I would edit, and occasionally I'd be able to combine some when I was able to double check and make sure they worked. On a few occasions I risked my tokens when my own guide told me that I would be right...and I was right. So I dunno....either it's all random, or there's a very long pattern.

For the crypt game, my template was:

"1-123

2-123

3-123

4-123

5-123"

If a key did not work for a door, the number would have a dash go through it (like if key 1 didn't work with door 2, it'd be 1-1-3). With trial and error, I was able to begin figuring out what each pattern would be, but it's getting that first key to work that's the whole issue. I was at the point of trying to figure out which combination was the most likely for all of them to share, when I came to the conclusion that it's probably 100% random, and that I really need to do something better with my time lol.

For the TV game, I made boxes. This game was a lot more random than the crypt game, though I made most of my tokens from it. I'd make little boxes as a template. X=static TV. T=Technical Difficulties TV. Any number 1-9=TV playing a movie. Template looked like:

"XXX

XXX

XXX"

As I said, I really was bored, and didn't have much else to do. Now I'm going to go get some fresh air or something...haha. Below are the results as I typed them in notepad. They're unedited, so a few aren't completed. If you try one, and you get 66% of the way there and fail...don't blame me. You just found a new pattern lol. Be sure to make notes of what doesn't work, and if you chose the correct pattern, usually you can see what the next choice "has" to be.

CRYPT 

1---3

2-1--

3--2-

4----

5----

1--2-

2----

3---3

4-1--

5----

1--2-

2---3

3-1--

4-1--

5-1--

1---3

2--2-

3----

4-1--

5----

1---3

2----

3-12-

4-12-

5-12-

1---3

2--2-

3-1--

4----

5-1--

1-1--

2---3

3-12-

4-12-

5-12-

1----

2----

3---3

4-1--

5--2-

1-12-

2-12-

3----

4-12-

5---3

1-123

2-123

3-123

4---3

5-123

1-123

2-123

3-123

4-1-3

5-1-3

TV

1XT

XXX

TXX<----could be 9

TT3

T56

1XT

XXX

7XT

TXT

XXX

7X9

XXX<---First X could be T, last could be 3

XXX

TXT

TX3

XXX

7XT

123<----need to fix this one. Four ts, wtf.

T5T

TT9

TX3

XXX

7T9

1X3

XTX

TX9

4TT

78T

1T3

XX6

TX9

1X3<---X could be T

TXX

78T

TX3

XXX

TTX

1XT

XTX

7X9

Sorry for the double post, but I think that this is a pretty useful tip, so I'm giving it its own post.

Rather than refreshing the page when you either know you're going to lose, or are too unsure to continue, you can actually still click on "pick a card" at the bottom left of the screen. If you can't see your cursor, just right click, then click on the screen again. Then it brings you back to the cards without losing you any tokens, which is the same thing as refreshing, just with a lot less time spent. I don't think that there are any negative repercussions to doing this, as I am currently on the leaderboards after doing this for a while.

^Good tip.

I've claimed #1 on the leader boards. Takes a LOT of patience, and I've done it all via crypts. There is really no set pattern.

This. I only pasted the patterns that I made to show that it really is random.

Warning I think universal are changing the codes daily as the ones I had a lot of success with yesterday are not working today. Sneaky little hobbits lol

See above. They aren't changing anything, it's just luck of the draw. It really is random, unless it's a very very long pattern. However, using a few methods you can surmise what will or won't be a "bad" choice if and only if you've already made at least one "good" choice.

This. I only pasted the patterns that I made to show that it really is random.

See above. They aren't changing anything, it's just luck of the draw. It really is random, unless it's a very very long pattern. However, using a few methods you can surmise what will or won't be a "bad" choice if and only if you've already made at least one "good" choice.

No they've definately changed the combinations available there was nothing lucky about the system I used yesterday. Keep in mind i was top of the leaderboard by some distance yesterday and I've lost half my chips today and after analysing the combinations I believe they have added more combos to the cycle. Somebody worked out how many possible combinations there were to each game but i do not believe that the game WAS using them all. Maybe universal felt people were getting too many tokens im not sure. Also it's not possible for a computer to do a true random cycle as it has no free thought process. Good luck to everyone regardless.

The telephone and gravestones are easy because they are the same every time. The televisions seem to be pretty easy when you follow the advice given in this thread to pick all four corners first. But it still seems like you do end up with a 50/50 chance at the end anyways. The keys thing seems impossible, and on the pick a card at the beginning, I ALWAYS choose wrong and lose points. That part is just stupid.

The telephone and gravestones are easy because they are the same every time. The televisions seem to be pretty easy when you follow the advice given in this thread to pick all four corners first. But it still seems like you do end up with a 50/50 chance at the end anyways. The keys thing seems impossible, and on the pick a card at the beginning, I ALWAYS choose wrong and lose points. That part is just stupid.

As for the cards, always pick the card that does not have one that matches it. As in, if there are two blue and a yellow, pick yellow. Two yellow and a blue, pick blue. I've never lost tokens doing it that way, because I think that blue=bluelight/crypts, yellow=yellow light/TVs. If there're two blues, there's a chance of picking a dud. If there is only one, then it's guaranteed to be crypts.

See what I'm saying?

As for the cards, always pick the card that does not have one that matches it. As in, if there are two blue and a yellow, pick yellow. Two yellow and a blue, pick blue. I've never lost tokens doing it that way, because I think that blue=bluelight/crypts, yellow=yellow light/TVs. If there're two blues, there's a chance of picking a dud. If there is only one, then it's guaranteed to be crypts.

See what I'm saying?

This is great advice. I haven't lost tokens on "Pick a Card" anymore since doing it this way.

TVs really are a crapshoot. No matter what, you're 99% gonna end up with a 50/50 shot at the end with two TVs. Blah!

This is true. It's driving me crazy!

Usually the second that I'm stuck with a 50/50 decision, I just click "pick a card" and start over again, unless the pattern that I have matches up perfectly with one that I've drawn out...but even then, it doesn't work all of the time. I have a feeling that when it comes down to 50/50, the game makes you lose on purpose.

Usually the second that I'm stuck with a 50/50 decision, I just click "pick a card" and start over again, unless the pattern that I have matches up perfectly with one that I've drawn out...but even then, it doesn't work all of the time. I have a feeling that when it comes down to 50/50, the game makes you lose on purpose.

I thought that as well, but the first (and only) time I've beaten it was on a 50/50. First game in a session, too. So it really may just be rotten luck. What I like about crypts is you can guarantee a win.