HHN XXI Auditions

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"7/14 - Dancers; By Appointment Only

Appointments are being accepted for male and female dancers with an athletic build to be part of a new high energy show for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights®.Go to http://universalorlandoauditions.schedapple.com to schedule your audition appointment. Audition will consist of type out and learning a dance combination. Callbacks will be held the same evening. Dancers should wear appropriate attire. No baggy clothing please. Candidates must be available for all rehearsals starting in September and every evening of the event : 9/23, 9/24, 9/29, 9/30, 10/1, 10/2, 10/6, 10/7, 10/8, 10/9, 10/13, 10/14, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/20, 10/21, 10/22, 10/23, 10/26, 10/27, 10/28, 10/29, 10/30, 10/31 "

A new high energy show?

So I was just wondering something- I was told in the past, if you didn't make it at the first audition, you could audition again. Will this be the case again this year? And how would that work (as you have to sign up for audition spots)? I'm just trying to figure things out

The site says to wait until July 6th, I assume that we'll be able to sign up for future audition dates (19th and 26th) on the 6th. I hope this is the case, as being there at 7:30 PM on the 12th is not very conducive to my current schedule.

So I was just wondering something- I was told in the past, if you didn't make it at the first audition, you could audition again. Will this be the case again this year? And how would that work (as you have to sign up for audition spots)? I'm just trying to figure things out

Traditionally, yes. This year is completely different though, so we can't tell for sure. I don't see why they would prevent auditioning again when they never had before. Unless...

The site says to wait until July 6th, I assume that we'll be able to sign up for future audition dates (19th and 26th) on the 6th. I hope this is the case, as being there at 7:30 PM on the 12th is not very conducive to my current schedule.

Now, this is funny.

The last couple of years have seen the Reunion Auditions soak up nearly sixty percent of the total roles for the event, and I expect that trend to continue. The last two years have ended open auditions after two weeks because they had everyone they needed. It looks like delaying the other weeks until after the Reunion Audition will give them the opportunity to do the same thing... cancel the last couple of auditions. If you can't make it the 12th, you might want to keep refreshing the site on the 6th. It looks like Universal is giving themselves an out so that they can cancel one of those last two auditions if they feel they have enough people.

Finally joined up. Stalked since last year around, but finally taking the plunge now! So hi folks! tongue.gif

So yesterday I was checking online all day to check to see when they'd send out the email, but after about 6pm I gave up thinking they weren't going to update and my phone was about to die. So what happened? I get the email at 6:30pm, but I had already given up and was attending the Florence + The Machines concert at Universal Studios so my attention was shifted elsewhere. Imagine my frustration when getting back to the hotel. dry.gif I ended up with a 7:05pm slot.

My worry is that, seeing people with times as early as 4/4:30pm, that I'm a few hours behind and that cuts my chances quite a bit (chances already lessened by the reunion auditions as it is). I'm kind of wondering how crowded the appointments are, and if anyone knows by how much? Is there any sort of estimate (even if it's a rough guess) of how many people have a certain time, perhaps by judging how many times they've seen posted around? When I was scheduling my appointment, it looked like the times were 7:05, 7:10, 7:15; does that mean that they've been like that since 4:30 (as in, 4:35, 4:40, 4:45)? I'm just worried that if that is the case, my 7:05pm looks like a bad time to have.

Edited by Orian

Finally joined up. Stalked since last year around, but finally taking the plunge now! So hi folks! tongue.gif

So yesterday I was checking online all day to check to see when they'd send out the email, but after about 6pm I gave up thinking they weren't going to update and my phone was about to die. So what happened? I get the email at 6:30pm, but I had already given up and was attending the Florence + The Machines concert at Universal Studios so my attention was shifted elsewhere. Imagine my frustration when getting back to the hotel. dry.gif I ended up with a 7:05pm slot.

My worry is that, seeing people with times as early as 4/4:30pm, that I'm a few hours behind and that cuts my chances quite a bit (chances already lessened by the reunion auditions as it is). I'm kind of wondering how crowded the appointments are, and if anyone knows by how much? Is there any sort of estimate (even if it's a rough guess) of how many people have a certain time, perhaps by judging how many times they've seen posted around? When I was scheduling my appointment, it looked like the times were 7:05, 7:10, 7:15; does that mean that they've been like that since 4:30 (as in, 4:35, 4:40, 4:45)? I'm just worried that if that is the case, my 7:05pm looks like a bad time to have.

Our best guess is that each group will have about 10 people in it. We don't know for sure. Five minutes is not a long time at all. We'll have a much better idea on Tuesday of how everything is going to be happening.

EDIT - Oh, and welcome!

Edited by Legacy

Our best guess is that each group will have about 10 people in it. We don't know for sure. Five minutes is not a long time at all. We'll have a much better idea on Tuesday of how everything is going to be happening.

EDIT - Oh, and welcome!

I'd hope it was set up that way, but we just have to wait. Last year I was a few hours late to the first week of auditions and didn't get it, and was hoping this year I could try to avoid that, but then I found they switched to audition times this year, and in the end I still ended up a few hours late. sad.gif Very annoyed/frustrated by that, but can't change it now... This year though I also set up an audition time for Howl-o-Scream in case I don't get an HHN position, something I didn't do last year.

I'd hope it was set up that way, but we just have to wait. Last year I was a few hours late to the first week of auditions and didn't get it, and was hoping this year I could try to avoid that, but then I found they switched to audition times this year, and in the end I still ended up a few hours late. sad.gif Very annoyed/frustrated by that, but can't change it now... This year though I also set up an audition time for Howl-o-Scream in case I don't get an HHN position, something I didn't do last year.

Try to think of it this way. You're not competing with everyone that auditions before you. You are only competing against those who are a similar height, weight, and body type as you. So instead of competing against 50-60 people who go before you, you are instead only competing with a few handful of people.

I wish that the auditions that are left over weren't at 7-8 PM, I have class that night :(.

What is the earliest audition they do, or does anyone know? And it says plan 2-3 hours as everyone else says...if the earliest is only 4, and I do get it for the 19th, then that means I won't get out till 6 at the best, 7 most likely. I'll be late to class :(. Oh well, hopefully it'll work out a bit better...I'll be refreshing the crap outta the page on the 6th to make an appointment.

Well it doesn't seem to have taken my first post to the thread so I'll try again!!

I'm a first year auditioner, set up for the 5:20 slot!

Worked a TERRIBLE haunt local to me last year (Was the only one with any experience in even TRYING to give a performance, much less a good scare) so I thought I would go for the big time and make this leap!

Looking forward to the process, type-out audition or not it sounds fun!

Just a random question: about how early should we arrive to HR? Is it possible I am going to have to park at the Hollywood lot? Thankfully, I live 5 minutes away from employee parking.

In the e-mail/confirmation I got it said to arrive 30 minutes before your appointment but it also said to be ready to wait longer than that just in case.

Try to think of it this way. You're not competing with everyone that auditions before you. You are only competing against those who are a similar height, weight, and body type as you. So instead of competing against 50-60 people who go before you, you are instead only competing with a few handful of people.

That is true, though I'm pretty sure I fit the average "average" body type so it may not be that lucky. laugh.gif

That is true, though I'm pretty sure I fit the average "average" body type so it may not be that lucky. laugh.gif

That's what Active Backup and Firecrew are for. If someone of your height and build is absent, someone from Active Backup/Firecrew fitting the (somewhat) same height and build will fill in. They may fill up most of the houses and scarezones but they need ABU and Firecrew to fill as much roles as possible for the night. Heck some roles can be filled in by the opposite sex like the Spirit Seeker outside the facade of Legendary Truth (if I remember correctly the name of that character used a name both Males and Females can have, can't remember it off the top of my head).

That's what Active Backup and Firecrew are for. If someone of your height and build is absent, someone from Active Backup/Firecrew fitting the (somewhat) same height and build will fill in. They may fill up most of the houses and scarezones but they need ABU and Firecrew to fill as much roles as possible for the night. Heck some roles can be filled in by the opposite sex like the Spirit Seeker outside the facade of Legendary Truth (if I remember correctly the name of that character used a name both Males and Females can have, can't remember it off the top of my head).

Well then here's hoping for a chance still, even if it's not a main part. cool.gif

Well then here's hoping for a chance still, even if it's not a main part. cool.gif

Exactly. If you go into the audition not thinking you will get a role, whether it is in a house, scare zone, active backup or firecrew they will notice. Just clear your mind so you can think if they ask you a question you have to think a little before you answer and be yourself. That is what they are looking for.

Well I had to cancel my audition time because you have to be 18 at the time of the audition ( I turn 18 two weeks after -_-). Is there any chance of a august audition popping up? This sucks.

Only time will tell. Don't expect it but keep checking just in case.

Only reason I ask is because in the employee newsletter it says "Auditions every tuesday from July 12th to August 2nd".