HHN XXI Auditions

As for the footwear thing....am I required to have black sneakers, or is that a suggestion? Reason why I ask is that I do a lot better with boots, due to screwy knees. At the moment all I have are my desert tan combat boots, but black boots could be obtained.

They would go great if I were to somehow get on the CDT haha, but I'm a skinny guy, so that would never happen. I hope that if I do get a role that we have something military related again this year...and I hope that I get in on it. It'll be fun to call cadences and march again, even if it is only for a month.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the footwear thing....am I required to have black sneakers, or is that a suggestion? Reason why I ask is that I do a lot better with boots, due to screwy knees. At the moment all I have are my desert tan combat boots, but black boots could be obtained.

They would go great if I were to somehow get on the CDT haha, but I'm a skinny guy, so that would never happen. I hope that if I do get a role that we have something military related again this year...and I hope that I get in on it. It'll be fun to call cadences and march again, even if it is only for a month.

Yep, the have to be all black and comfortable for you. The type of shoes that you should where can actually depend on your role. As you would know, moving around and and standing still can benefit from different shoes.

You have an opportunity to put what role you would like on the audition sheet (House, Streets, CS, ABU, Firecrew). The formal Chainsaws are, traditionally, the big scary guys. The Roving Saws from last year were actually left over ABUs who would just get drafted to roam. That's why it wasn't the "big" guys, just taller ones. In general, it doesn't make a huge difference what you request unless you're at the reunion audition. After that, they're just filling body-types they need in the holes they have as they walk through the door.

Hey now, I loved being on the CDT. And we weren't just left over ABU. Mostly firecrew and some pulled from other roles. We worked very hard to create choreographed bits for the guests enjoyment.

Some roles actually provide you with shoes. We were given Boots last year for the Drill Team, though I had my own pair.

Key thing is being comfortable. Especially if knees are an issue. Working as a scareactor, you'll become sore in places you didn't know you could. Its highly recommended to attempt to condition yourself somewhat( if casted) before the opening of the event.

Chances are, you'll end up dropping some pounds by the end of the run.

Hey now, I loved being on the CDT. And we weren't just left over ABU. Mostly firecrew and some pulled from other roles. We worked very hard to create choreographed bits for the guests enjoyment.

Some roles actually provide you with shoes. We were given Boots last year for the Drill Team, though I had my own pair.

Key thing is being comfortable. Especially if knees are an issue. Working as a scareactor, you'll become sore in places you didn't know you could. Its highly recommended to attempt to condition yourself somewhat( if casted) before the opening of the event.

Sorry, :lol:. I should have phrased that differently. I meant to imply it wasn't specifically "cast" during auditions like Saws and Steam (and most Chainsaw zones) was. I'll admit, I was a little bit jealous, especially when I finally saw them and my immediate thought was, "Geesh, I'm bigger than most of them. AND I'm military."

After boot camp, that sounds like a walk in the park to me haha. That's why I'm better with boots...the only thing I can really do with tennis shoes is walk and run with breaks in between, standing around or pretty much anything without a break would be a no-go. With boots I can do pretty much everything without needing a break for hours.

After boot camp, that sounds like a walk in the park to me haha. That's why I'm better with boots...the only thing I can really do with tennis shoes is walk and run with breaks in between, standing around or pretty much anything without a break would be a no-go. With boots I can do pretty much everything without needing a break for hours.

Scareactors get a break every 45 minutes.

You can wear any type of footwear that is all black & close-toed. You can always get footwear in the wardrobe department that fits their requirements and they will take them out of your 1st paycheck. The footwear is very reasonably priced and quite comfortable.

Edited by Tman875

Scareactors get a break every 45 minutes.

Oh, then it'll be cake! But boots would still be best lol.

You can wear any type of footwear that is all black & close-toed. You can always get footwear in the wardrobe department that fits their requirements and they will take them out of your 1st paycheck. The footwear is very reasonably priced and quite comfortable.

Awesome on both counts. It's nice to get footwear provided by employers, it always tends to be priced around near what it's really worth.

So I haven't work the event since 2003 and am really curious about re auditioning again this year and actually moving to Orlando to stay for the end of September and all of October. I know it might sound crazy but I really think life is too short and I've been wanting to do this for the last few years and since I was just laid off from my job, this seems to be the perfect opportunity. Just hoping I will find a place to crash for the month and not have to live out of a hotel room.

I imagine the auditioning process hasn't changed too much in 8 years but I'm sure I would have to audition again with the open casting as opposed to the reunion (if I am wrong, please correct me).

Any advice for this veteran SA?? :)

So I haven't work the event since 2003 and am really curious about re auditioning again this year and actually moving to Orlando to stay for the end of September and all of October. I know it might sound crazy but I really think life is too short and I've been wanting to do this for the last few years and since I was just laid off from my job, this seems to be the perfect opportunity. Just hoping I will find a place to crash for the month and not have to live out of a hotel room.

I imagine the auditioning process hasn't changed too much in 8 years but I'm sure I would have to audition again with the open casting as opposed to the reunion (if I am wrong, please correct me).

Having auditioned in 2002, 2003 and then last year, I can tell you that it has changed a great deal. You remember when it was only 16 people in the room? They checked to see how you move with pantomimes and improv exercises? It's nothing like that now.

It was a bit of a shock to me last year (my first time auditioning since 2003). Like I said. It's 30 people in the room, and they are just type casting based on body and personality after a couple of questions. It's nowhere, NOWHERE near as involved as it was way back when.

Having auditioned in 2002, 2003 and then last year, I can tell you that it has changed a great deal. You remember when it was only 16 people in the room? They checked to see how you move with pantomimes and improv exercises? It's nothing like that now.

It was a bit of a shock to me last year (my first time auditioning since 2003). Like I said. It's 30 people in the room, and they are just type casting based on body and personality after a couple of questions. It's nowhere, NOWHERE near as involved as it was way back when.

Wow, interesting. Well atleast it's worth a shot right? Anyone have an idea when auditions will be so I can plan accordingly?

You have an opportunity to put what role you would like on the audition sheet (House, Streets, CS, ABU, Firecrew). The formal Chainsaws are, traditionally, the big scary guys. The Roving Saws from last year were actually left over ABUs who would just get drafted to roam. That's why it wasn't the "big" guys, just taller ones. In general, it doesn't make a huge difference what you request unless you're at the reunion audition. After that, they're just filling body-types they need in the holes they have as they walk through the door.

Question- is it possible to mark off everything listed (House, Streets, ABU, ect) if you don't care where placed? Because I don't mind any of the above- I would just love to be cast for HHN.

Does Anybody Know Anything About The "Entertainment Coordinator" Position Available? I've Read The Roles & Responsibility Section of The Job Description But Wanted To See If Anybody Had Any Experience With This Position or if Any Scareactors Could Give Me Some Insight. Thanks.

Guys,

Has anyone else gotten the e-mail that says when reunion auditions are? The window of time where I can request to be off early on a Tuesday is fast closing! Last few years, we've always gone the Tuesday after July... but are they really considering moving it this year? Eager to get back into crazy anticipation... but so confused as to when they are!

HHN 18- Reflections of Fear / Water Torture Patient/Cast A

HHN 19- ABU (Frankenstein (1) Containment (2) Cleaver (3) Spawning (1))

HHN 20- ABU (Zombiegeddon (7) Hades (2) Cats n Combs (2))

You will have to audition during the open auditions as the Reunion ones are only for SA's who worked the event last year. Even if you were a SA two years ago and didn't work last year you will still have to go to the open audition and not the Reunion one.

As was already mentioned, the "audition" (that is a very loose term for it) is mostly just a type-out audition. They bring in about 30 people and they ask you your name and then have you answer a question and possible do some type of scary/horror movement. You will find out that night if you have a spot or not.

Question- is it possible to mark off everything listed (House, Streets, ABU, ect) if you don't care where placed? Because I don't mind any of the above- I would just love to be cast for HHN.

I always just write Scareactor under desired position.

Does Anybody Know Anything About The "Entertainment Coordinator" Position Available? I've Read The Roles & Responsibility Section of The Job Description But Wanted To See If Anybody Had Any Experience With This Position or if Any Scareactors Could Give Me Some Insight. Thanks.

The coordinator at HHN is the person who you clock in and out with. They are also the person who may or may not take you to your house. They are also responsible for giving the cast members their 5 minute warning before lining up to go to the house/street. It is long hours and a lot of responsibility.

Edited by Tman875

Guest HHNPicMan

Just some info that may be interesting. On the main Universal Audition page, the banner says, "Halloween Horror Nights, Now Auditioning."

However, when you click on the audition schedule, nothing appears. I take this to mean that it should show up any day now. Perhaps, someone else can take a look jsut in case my internet page is not working. The banner was not there the other day so I know someone has been updating the site.

Just some info that may be interesting. On the main Universal Audition page, the banner says, "Halloween Horror Nights, Now Auditioning."

However, when you click on the audition schedule, nothing appears. I take this to mean that it should show up any day now. Perhaps, someone else can take a look jsut in case my internet page is not working. The banner was not there the other day so I know someone has been updating the site.

Nothing was there as of this morning.

Auditions are up

Due to high volume of attendees for Halloween Horror Nights auditions, all auditions will be by appointment only. Please sign up to receive e-cards to receive e-mail updates for when appointment sign-up opens. Look forward to seeing you there!

Well that is different.

Edited by JWFearman