HHN XXI Auditions

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you guys know whether you'd be working a specific location or as ABU/firecrew? I wasn't told. Should I expect to find out during orientation?

Yes. If you don't receive a call prior to orientation, you will receive your role-sheet at orientation.

Has anyone auditioned for Bill and Ted yet, or in the past? The Inside Auditions are tonight and I have no idea what to expect. The general Actor auditions say to prepare a one-minute comedic monologue but when you set up the audition it doesn't say anything at all. If we need a headshot/monologue I better start scrambling.

Has anyone auditioned for Bill and Ted yet, or in the past? The Inside Auditions are tonight and I have no idea what to expect. The general Actor auditions say to prepare a one-minute comedic monologue but when you set up the audition it doesn't say anything at all. If we need a headshot/monologue I better start scrambling.

You are required to perform a minute monologue. Can be anything from just a minute of facial expressions and movements, your own created monologue and/or something from a movie.

Head shots and a resume are highly recommend for an actor audition, but they aren't required.

This is similar to most auditions, though they pull fewer people at a time and send you in to audition 1 at a time. It's quick and painless.

Good luck

You are required to perform a minute monologue. Can be anything from just a minute of facial expressions and movements, your own created monologue and/or something from a movie.

Head shots and a resume are highly recommend for an actor audition, but they aren't required.

This is similar to most auditions, though they pull fewer people at a time and send you in to audition 1 at a time. It's quick and painless.

Good luck

Thank you! That really helps.

The audition isn't until after 9:00 so I definitely have time to get something memorized. I'm really interested as to how this will be, since I can't do Bill and Ted's but it's also the casting call for Grinchmas and various in-park roles.

Guest HHNPicMan

Thank you! That really helps.

The audition isn't until after 9:00 so I definitely have time to get something memorized. I'm really interested as to how this will be, since I can't do Bill and Ted's but it's also the casting call for Grinchmas and various in-park roles.

Just a quick tip for you. The show directors aren't looking at how creative your script is. They are not auditioning for creative script writers. What they are looking for is how well you can handle yourself in front of different people. If you can't cut it in front of 4 people, you surely can't perform in front of 3000.

Also, use clear speech. Maintain good posture, but........ and I say BUT...... don't be a robot. Actors on stage move. They have character and a personality. Don't walk in there and be stiff as a log. Be fluid and flexible. When you are performing your monologue, scan the audition panel. Scanning means to constantly move your eyes, but, make sure you look at everyone in the room. Also, if you do make any movements, slightly over exaggerate your movement. By this I mean act as if you were on stage in front of thousands. A small movement on stage will not be seen by most people in the audience.

Break a leg.... and let us know how it goes!

• 4 weeks later...