HHN XXI Construction

Guest HHNPicMan

The Canyon of Dark Souls scarezone will involve fire effects. I noticed today that the towers of scalfolding have been outfitted with the flame throwers, used in 2009 in War of the living Dead scarezone. I wished I had a picture to share.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few snaps I grabbed this morning -

Just a glimpse of the aforementioned bones in the "canyon":

6109549576_8d1ebefc0f.jpg

09032011 056 by Troiandan, on Flickr

6109549988_fd7b5bee49.jpg

09032011 057 by Troiandan, on Flickr

A few little details in Acid Rain:

6109000703_e79dcdc6e1.jpg

09032011 064 by Troiandan, on Flickr

6109000203_33b9d04e89.jpg

09032011 063 by Troiandan, on Flickr

6109584624_e7176f6cca.jpg

09032011 065 by Troiandan, on Flickr

And I'm seriously loving this guy:

6109550654_19c991a14e.jpg

09032011 066 by Troiandan, on Flickr

If no one at Uni has named him yet, I'm calling him Steve. He looks like a Steve :P

And I'm seriously loving this guy:

6109550654_19c991a14e.jpg

09032011 066 by Troiandan, on Flickr

If no one at Uni has named him yet, I'm calling him Steve. He looks like a Steve :P

Steve looks like he might have some issues of some sort. I bet he becomes a very photographed element in this scare zone...and your right, he does look like a "Steve". It is the little details like this that really can add to the overall ambiance of the area. Kind of like the ravens last year in The Coven...they became a photo op in their own right, even had their own Facebook pages.

I was thinking the same thing today. Were less then 2 weeks from rehearsals, and nothing

Calm down guys, perhaps they'll just put a big inflatable tunnel over sting alley like they did with Containment. What a great scare zone that was.

Steve looks like he might have some issues of some sort. I bet he becomes a very photographed element in this scare zone...and your right, he does look like a "Steve". It is the little details like this that really can add to the overall ambiance of the area. Kind of like the ravens last year in The Coven...they became a photo op in their own right, even had their own Facebook pages.

Yes, Kevin and Ryan the Birds from The Coven became quite the celebs!

Guest HHNPicMan

From what I hear they should start working on sting alley sometime Monday or Tuesday. I guess they didn't want anything to get messed by kids at rock the universe

Sting Alley was being used for filming this past week by a Spanish production company. They filmed there yesturday. I saw the name on the "Hot Set" sign, but I have since forgot what it said, because it was in Spanish. It wasnt Telemundo, but something with "Tele" in the first part. I think it was "Televisis." I dont speak Spanish, so I couldnt tell you exactly what it was.

Just some intersting info. Also, that area is being used during Rock the Universe for something or another. I dont know exaclt whats going on, but there is something. Also, the scarezones dont have to be completed before rehersals. Just the parts that actually affect the scareactors and how they scare. For example, crates, fences, lights, fog, etc. Scenery props that are there for decoration have no bearing on actual scaring, and thus dont really require to be put up before rehersal. If you recal, sting alley never really had alot of ground props because of the small area allowed for guest flow. There were a few crates last year, but other than that, not much.

Guest HHNPicMan

They set up a stage in mels it could be for rock the universe but why not use the stage near HRRR? Interesting.

Actually, at RTU they have several concerts all at the same time. They use both the stages, plus the Animal Actors Live theater for RTU concerts. The big name groups get the stage by Rockit, while the smaller groups get the stage by Mel's. The eniter point of RTU is to have many groups available for people to listen to.

Whoops, Matt beat me to it!

I am a little worried about Sting Alley. I went today and there is nothing at all.

Sting Alley sometimes isn't set up until the very last minute simply because not much needs to be done to it outside of adding the random fog machine.

Yes, Kevin and Ryan the Birds from The Coven became quite the celebs!

Mike,

I about died laughing last year when someone sent me a link to their separate Facebook sites...it was hysterical to watch them bicker back and forth about who was the badder bird of the two...LOL

The In-Between Facade is viewable from the Simpsons location. it's the simple piece of wood we've seen this whole time with a comic book- esque entrance with "The In-Between" in big letters on top & a man being sucked in to a black hole looking thing. picture on rumors. i went today and looked through the trees at the bottom of the exit of simpsons and barely could make it out, so idk the exact location where the picture was taken, but it was guest acessible and it was obviously in the simpsons area.

Edited by foREVer56

The In-Between Facade is viewable from the Simpsons location. it's the simple piece of wood we've seen this whole time with a comic book- esque entrance with "The In-Between" in big letters on top & a man being sucked in to a black hole looking thing. picture on rumors. i went today and looked through the trees at the bottom of the exit of simpsons and barely could make it out, so idk the exact location where the picture was taken, but it was guest acessible and it was obviously in the simpsons area.

Oh yeah I see it, Is not great but, is not bad lol, is ok the guy made me lol a little

Here are a few more pics from yesterday in Acid Assault:

6113399288_bc491d1b71.jpg

6112855331_869af64e12.jpg

6113398868_6596a3a159.jpg

6112855823_4c8d3ed8e7.jpg

6112856089_173b1915d9.jpg

6113400752_72433eaae4.jpg

I'm really loving the way this area is coming together - it's rising on my anticpated scarezone list. Someone earlier had mentioned the fire hydrant being open; they had it open yesterday, along with some misters over by the Blues Brothers stage. If they do that during HHN, that's just enough removed from the SZ area to give ambiance, but not have to slosh through the water to get scared.

I make my own water when scared perfectly well... :blush: