HHN XXI Website Updates

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrm. Well, it's early days yet,but I have to say I like what I'm seeing here. I like the music, the atmosphere, and the whole gambling/blackjack connection...it's simple and elegant. The whole thing reminds me of the HHN 17 tease, with the mirror and the music box. Of course, it could go anywhere from here, but the basic thrust is already fairly clear, I think. It's cool. It's a far cry from last year, when my reaction was not so much "Cool!" as it was "WTF is THAT?"

But do you want to know what I REALLY like about it? Easy. No gnarly teeth. No growly voice. No art-damaged post-modern horror-paisley symbology. Just clear, simple imagery. REAL storytelling in place of obscure clues. In other words, NO FEAR. Could we be rid of old rootface? Have R and D seen the error of their ways and taken Fear out behind the barn...I mean soundstage...and capped his ridiculous warty ass Old Yeller style? Because if they HAVE, I just may find a design team member and give them a big old wet French kiss.

One more thing: Could this mean we will be seeing a return of Ghost Town, the best HHN maze thqat no one ever talks about? One can only hope. Wow, I'm actually excited about this, after only one little teaser. Of course there is still plenty of time for it all to fall into the crapper, so let's just wait and see. In the meantime color me cautiously optimistic.

They also updated the mobile site today. It's got slightly different verbiage describing the event and a pretty snazzy header:

Face the odds and see if you’ve got a chance to survive Halloween Horror Nights® 21.

hhn_header.640.jpg

You can get to it by going to m.halloweenhorrornights.com, but it'll look really pixelated unless you're viewing it on your mobile device's screen, as it's optimized for QVGA resolution. They also have one optimized for larger which will look slightly better on your desktop screen, but you'll have to fake your browsers user agent to see that.

It also has this spiffy calendar:

calendar_new.qvg.jpg

EDIT:

And one last website related update. There's also a non-flash version of the full site for those iPad people or the >1% of the population without flash installed in their browsers, and it looks like this:

noflash.jpg

Edited by NickC

One more thing: Could this mean we will be seeing a return of Ghost Town, the best HHN maze thqat no one ever talks about? One can only hope. Wow, I'm actually excited about this, after only one little teaser. Of course there is still plenty of time for it all to fall into the crapper, so let's just wait and see. In the meantime color me cautiously optimistic.

I'm one of the few that loved Ghost Town and it was my favorite house. I would love it if they brought it back!!! I'm really excited about this year and hopefully we have a lot of original houses and not too many remakes.

I was just talking about Ghost Town in the wishful thinking thread, and based on the update, I would love to see the old school western blackjack table as opposed to any Las Vegas modernized theme.

Weekly at a minimum... same as always.

I hope sooo i think in the next update we will start to either see new cards or a bit of expansion in the enviorment maybe a voice in the background or the sound of fire burning in the back

wow, holy s.....

very interesting, I was okay before but, now is when I get inpatient, lol,

Right!!! for some reason that hand gets me excited! and the smoke and the setting!! hell yes! come on!! i want it to expand

Edited by dante

I've listened to several different versions of "Luck be a Lady". The song on the page doesn't sound like any version I've heard. I've been searching for different Big Band era Gambling related songs, I've got nothing so far.

Its definitely not "Luck Be A Lady". Especially if we're keeping with the speculated time period of the 1920's-1930's, as that song wasn't written until 1950. You're looking for big band (later 1930's and 1940's) and swing (1930's).

Think Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw...the like.

Its definitely not "Luck Be A Lady". Especially if we're keeping with the speculated time period of the 1920's-1930's, as that song wasn't written until 1950. You're looking for big band (later 1930's and 1940's) and swing (1930's).

Think Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw...the like.

I really hope a great HHN style version of this is used this year.

This song personifies Big Band. The layout gives me such a great Boardwalk Empire vibe.

This song personifies Big Band. The layout gives me such a great Boardwalk Empire vibe.

As someone who primarily loves The Director because of the use of "You Oughta Be In Pictures" in his promos, I couldn't agree more. If they do go with that era, I would love to hear them use old big band and swing classics to at least set the mood.

And as anyone who has played Bioshock knows, oldies being played on an old gramophone in a dark room is always creepy, despite how cheerful the actual song is.

I really hope a great HHN style version of this is used this year.

It would be so awesome to here this song at the event! Such a great tune. Really sets a great mood too!