HHN XXI Website Updates

I think that it's a bit off that they'd update the FB page and then start redirecting the website. Now they're going to have an influx of general public fans who are going to visit the website after reading the status update and then see nothing.

Either way, I'm very excited to see things start happening, and can't wait for the teaser site.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it's a bit off that they'd update the FB page and then start redirecting the website. Now they're going to have an influx of general public fans who are going to visit the website after reading the status update and then see nothing.

Either way, I'm very excited to see things start happening, and can't wait for the teaser site.

I think you're assuming too much about the general public. Most of them won't think to visit the site after a Facebook post unless there's a link going directly to it.

Whenever I try to go to the website it says "You don't have permission to access / on this server." :(

EDIT: never mind. I think it was because I was using Google Chrome cause it worked when I used Firefox

Edited by Brandon

I think you're assuming too much about the general public. Most of them won't think to visit the site after a Facebook post unless there's a link going directly to it.

correct, also, I bet most people won't even know about the FB updates, or care at this point, too early,

Tuesday child is full of grace? Hm.......Tuesday.

I'm happy to finally see the skeletal hand of fate beckoning us onto the dark, twisted road which leads us to HHN every year.

I've never seen a year where they redirected us to the Universal page though; I wonder what that means. We can only hope that it means they're planning something big.

(is it silly to hope that we see a great website like we did in 08??)

I'm happy to finally see the skeletal hand of fate beckoning us onto the dark, twisted road which leads us to HHN every year.

I've never seen a year where they redirected us to the Universal page though; I wonder what that means. We can only hope that it means they're planning something big.

nooo its not silly at all.. and i hope it is like back in 08 because i used to go on it everyday and explore it.. but it should be like back in 07 where if you click on a house like let's say dead silence; the curse of mary shaw.. and you let it sit for like a min or two.. she would pop up and scare you

I think it could mean one of two things:

1) they decided this year to skip the generic site and go straight to the teaser site

Or

2) everything is running behind schedule because there are to many people trying to make decision and giving creative a hard time.

When it comes to theme park politics I'm sure you can figure out which it is.

@Jumboshrimp: It was something strangeoneout said on the first page. I thought it was clever and worth repeating. Originally, I believe the little saying is from a poem about the days of the week.

@strangeoneout: I know its probably going to be the latter, but we can hope for the former. After all, we were promised a whole new era of terror. Maybe this means we can expect a different set up as to getting our website? I mean, we already got our update (as small as it is) before Hollywood which, if I remember correctly, is a first in the past couple of years.

But it probably has something to do with poor planning (sigh)

and now universal's website as a whole is a generic "we're undergoing maintenance" hoopla. Looking forward to seeing what's in store. Been too busy with work here lately to even realize what time of the year it was. We started promoting August movies, and I was all "August? BUt that's...oh, few weeks away...got it"

@Jumboshrimp: It was something strangeoneout said on the first page. I thought it was clever and worth repeating. Originally, I believe the little saying is from a poem about the days of the week.

@strangeoneout: I know its probably going to be the latter, but we can hope for the former. After all, we were promised a whole new era of terror. Maybe this means we can expect a different set up as to getting our website? I mean, we already got our update (as small as it is) before Hollywood which, if I remember correctly, is a first in the past couple of years.

But it probably has something to do with poor planning (sigh)

It's hard to bake a cake when even the servers, kitchen manager, and dish washers want to add or change ingredients.

Just going off of what limited information I can get, the update will at least be bringing ticket prices, RIP info, stuff like that. I cannot confirm or deny that it will be a teaser rather than a generic site because I plain don't know.

Just going off of what limited information I can get, the update will at least be bringing ticket prices, RIP info, stuff like that. I cannot confirm or deny that it will be a teaser rather than a generic site because I plain don't know.

At this point anything we get will be a welcomed sight... :)

It's hard to bake a cake when even the servers, kitchen manager, and dish washers want to add or change ingredients.

haha I think that's the perfect way to describe Uni.

As for the updates, I'd think they're truly trying to get everything set I stone before they update. I mean, theyve been hardcore secretive this year compared to what I've seen in the past. They're probably just holding out until every tiny minute detail is straight.

a little bit off but has to do with the website, is it just me, or is the server acting slow?

could be minor changed going on within the site itself, which means TUESDAY is looking really good for us

Where did this quote come from?

Well they use it in Vermillion Lies' song "Wednesday's Child" but it is a poem.

Monday's child is fair of face

Tuesday's child is full of grace

Wednesday's child is full of woe

Thursday's child has far to go

Friday's child is kind and giving

Saturday's child works hard for a living

But the child that was born on the Sabbath Day

Is blithe and bonny and good and gay

Sorry I have VERY limited internet right now. I'm in TN... sitting in a Super 8 hotel parking lot piggy backing off their internet... :P.

Edited by JWFearman

Interesting how the Hollywood Horror Nights Website has updated while the Universal site hasnt.....

I wonder if the Site will update tonight at midnight or sometime tomorrow (Im hoping for midnight) I remember waiting till midnight for the HHN19 website to update, what fond memories.

Interesting how the Hollywood Horror Nights Website has updated while the Universal site hasnt.....

That's quite typical, the Hollywood site usually has some sort of minimal teaser page up before we get anything for Orlando. Actually this is a good sign that something is about to happen.

Also the Orlando Universal site is currently undergoing "routine maintenance", hmmmmmmmmm.

it look like Hollywood is Getting the Fear Treatment cause notice on the teaser page it said What Fear FEAR MOST!!! like the icon from last year is making a trip out west just a thought

Actually that's the same tagline they used last year with Freddy Krueger as the main attraction. The only character that they have moved out west was the Director was because he easily tied into the strict movie-themes they use in Hollywood.