Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

Cast B of Catacombs: you are brilliant. So much energy from each and every one of you. Fantastic teamwork all around. You all clearly know how to share your scares and help set up scares for your scene partners. The best display of this was the scene with the guy on the ceiling. The doctor on the floor did a fantastic job of distracting me while the arm came reaching down. I got scared from both sides. Another great partner scare was a scene with two doctors, one on the left and one on the right. The woman in front of me refused to walk past them as they reached out for her. Even I felt anxious walking past them. Also, you guys did a fantastic job of not just relying on your mask or your boo hole to do the scaring. Something I see a lot is people who pop out and assume that just the simple act of popping out will be enough to get the startle. Or, people wearing masks will appear, let you see the scary mask, then retreat. But you guys in Catacombs went the extra mile. You'd pop out, knowing that your masks were creepy creepola, but so many of you would add a little something, a head tilt, another jolt towards the guests, etc. before you recovered. My favorite was the guy who popped out at me, scaring me visibly, then came towards me again and threatened to slit my throat with his staff thing. I saw cast A walking out of the break area so I was prepared for a cast change walkthrough, which can be a little empty and awkward with timing and whatnot. But holy canoli, you guys absolutely killed it.

wow thanks so much I love my freaking cast and its good to know that from what im hearing people really like what we are doing ive always been a believer its not the special effects that make a house but the scareactors themselves so to hear so many people talking about us in a positive way well it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside lmao

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through Psychoscareapy Sunday night with the closing cast...only one person freaked me out by saying something in my ear...I believe that might be Laz?

It was :)

Sorry had to edit, it was another friend that I said BOO to.

I told you " You should never come to my house ever! " It just one of 4 creepy stuff I whisper to people. lol It was cool to see you.

Edited by Sinister

Man it was an awesome scare, i got another very similar scare in Orphanage the same night, both of yalls houses were just fantastic that night, but thank you for that!

That similar scare in Orfanage was probably me :) I am behind a curtain, right after the guy on the climbing net. Hope you enjoyed our house :) Love watching people scream!

I'd like to thank several people in Cast B of 20 Years of Fear for toying with me on several occasions tonight. Especially the pumpkinhead walking with a swagger next to me, that was great :)

Also, who is the guy with the nailgun on Zombiegeddon Cast A? You put your nailgun to my arm and fired several nails into me! ;) That was so unexpected but very awesome

And of course, Kim for rocking the hell out of the Storyteller. It's always a pleasure to see you work :)

I'm not saying that it was me, but you should really be careful in shops. Seeing as well meaning innocent carpenters struggle to tell the difference between guests of ZAP and flesh eating zombies. Especially during the onset stages of zombie infestation. Watch yourself and I'll watch for you again, if it was me that is.

Many, many thanks to the Scareactors who put up with my goofy request to get photographs of Stewie's HHN adventures. It's a long story about why I "needed" them (for a friend who does not attend), but most of you all were so willing and made the photos really fun. You can see my Stewie photos on my post on the Event Photos topic. And, Mary Shaw on the Heelies... you ROCK! My Mom and I are Scarezone stalkers every year. We love to find a bench and watch as the hilarity ensues. A couple years ago, many Scareactors would still manage to scare us as we sat there, but we figured maybe you all were not allowed on the sidewalks anymore (?) since it hasn't happened recently. But, Mary, just as we were sitting on a bench in front of Mel's talking about that, you came up behind us on the bench and scared the crap out of me... and then stuck your tongue out for a Stewie pic. You are the bomb. You all are. Will be back this Thursday night. Can't wait. Thanks to all of you for giving me something to look forward to 11 months out of the year!

Edited by Sookie Smackhouse

From one scareactor to another...My only day off on Saturday gave me the most memorable scare I've had since '08. My Facebook status says it all...

"Damn raptors..."

Hades - The lizard guy in opening cast scared the living crap outta me. Thank you so much! My girlfriend and bestfriend are still picking on me!

Okay, first and foremost... I wanna know who the HELL that CDT guy was that came tearing after me near the end of the night (10/7). I was the girl with the long hair and blue backpack. He came charging at me with the saw and I scurried away, expecting him to back off. Nope, he stayed on me and I just took off running. He chased me out of the zone, yelling a bunch of stuff. I didn't catch most of it but I heard "Nightmare" a bunch of times and "I can't wait (something)". Whoever that was, thanks, that was the best scare I got all night.

I got another good chainsaw scare from Giant, who charged at me screaming "I AM YOUR NIGHTMARE!" I ran from him only to get scared again by another chainsaw guy. lol. Also, thank you C_D (well, I think it was you) for the "Nightmares" shout out.

Thanks to Cast A Zombiegeddon for the extra attention. I didn't get many scares in half of the houses so it was much appreciated.

20 Years of Fear, holy SHIT. I don't know what cast it was, but I went through several times and only had 2-3 trips through where I did NOT get attacked. I got a kick out of the Wolfman who got in front of me and kept blocking my attempts to get past him (and then mimicked my annoyance, LOL). Alice poked fun at me after she scared me and the bloody cheerleader went after me three times. Good times, I loved this zone and it is currently my favorite.

Fear Revealed- Cast B Director chased me and came back to scare me again later. He creeps me out, so good job. Eddie sent me running at one point. The Caretaker tried to sneak up on me, but I caught him. lol

Hmm... I think that's everyone. Thanks to all you scareactors for making my first night at HHN a memorable one. Can't wait to do it again Friday night!

Okay, first and foremost... I wanna know who the HELL that CDT guy was that came tearing after me near the end of the night (10/7). I was the girl with the long hair and blue backpack. He came charging at me with the saw and I scurried away, expecting him to back off. Nope, he stayed on me and I just took off running. He chased me out of the zone, yelling a bunch of stuff. I didn't catch most of it but I heard "Nightmare" a bunch of times and "I can't wait (something)". Whoever that was, thanks, that was the best scare I got all night.

I got another good chainsaw scare from Giant, who charged at me screaming "I AM YOUR NIGHTMARE!" I ran from him only to get scared again by another chainsaw guy. lol. Also, thank you C_D (well, I think it was you) for the "Nightmares" shout out.

Thanks to Cast A Zombiegeddon for the extra attention. I didn't get many scares in half of the houses so it was much appreciated.

20 Years of Fear, holy SHIT. I don't know what cast it was, but I went through several times and only had 2-3 trips through where I did NOT get attacked. I got a kick out of the Wolfman who got in front of me and kept blocking my attempts to get past him (and then mimicked my annoyance, LOL). Alice poked fun at me after she scared me and the bloody cheerleader went after me three times. Good times, I loved this zone and it is currently my favorite.

Fear Revealed- Cast B Director chased me and came back to scare me again later. He creeps me out, so good job. Eddie sent me running at one point. The Caretaker tried to sneak up on me, but I caught him. lol

Hmm... I think that's everyone. Thanks to all you scareactors for making my first night at HHN a memorable one. Can't wait to do it again Friday night!

Haha, I'll say that most times HNN people don't seem to react in any way other than excitement and appreciation.

You were alone, so I took a chance and you ran! And kept running...I enjoyed it. Good fun.

Amazing night tonight! I came in a little late to save on parking, and the first thing I did was learn that the VIP lounge was *just* changed to any ages! Yes! Catacombs, nothing out of the ordinary, but still spectacular. Then the fun began....I went through Saws n Steam the first time, and got a point at my vault shirt, and a throat slitting motion. I saluted. Thank you sir! Then in Esqueleto Mueretes (I know I butchered the spelling) I had one of THE BEST experiences I've ever had in HHN! Not the scariest, but the most entertaining! This scarezone is top notch! A few jumps from the new guys in black...then a male skeleton blocking my path. He finally let me by, and a female came up with this skull rattler and kept shaking it and shaking it, and start backing me up to the curb...and just wouldn't stop. So I decided to take out my keys, and started shaking them at her....and we shook...and shook...and SHOOK! Then another scareactor joined in and we had a competition to shake the hardest apparently, and eventually she threw up her arms, and pointed me out! EPIC!

Then up to the VIP lounge, I had a blast with the VIP stuff...and later I learned that the cast change occurs through that building. First Jack comes in. He stands next to me as I'm watching the discussion, and I'm holding a cup of water. He moves in and starts caressing the case that I'm leaning on....I back up nervously and drop my cup. "That wasn't me, that was this guy!" he shouts. Heh. Eddie comes in and scares the CRAP out of this girl by growling loudly, making everyone in the room clap. Chance comes in and creeps everyone out. The caretaker is all snippy with his scissors, the usher is telling everyone to shush, and the director just kinda walks by haha. Shout out to all of them. Then the next change occurs....usher 2 comes and sits with the crowd. Then says in the trademark voice "I'm watching ALL of you" and walks out. Another Jack comes in and makes a funny joke..then the rest just kinda shuffle.

Oh, and I'm definitely not done yet. I decide from there to go to Zombiegeddon, but to take the "shortcut" through Saws N Steam again....haha this is another awesome never-forget moment. First a big furry guy comes up and is chaining at my legs...saying something about forfeiting my body for their world XD then he blocks me...and a friend joins in, and they're both hacking and slashing at me! And then a THIRD friend joins! And each took turns keeping me at bay for a good five to ten minutes! Finally I was able to sneak past haha. Another epic moment, from another epic scarezone! I finally made it to Zombie. Great work, and a shoutout to the Zombie who ran out to the exiting queue to point at my shirt. I gave you a salute :). Then I realized that there were two minutes left, and I walked extremely briskly towards The Orfanage. One of the zombies in Zombie Gras just wasn't having it, and matched my pace, then blocked me off...backed off, and pointed at my shirt. I grinned, stood at attention and saluted him, and he cocked his head like I was stupid. Then walked away....shoutout to him for keeping the already humongous smile on my face going. After that I was the very last through Orfanage...great scares, but no particular shoutouts. And Cindy at the end was gone :(.

Epic night! Epic scareactors! I thought at first that this year was going to be so-so. I was definitely wrong! Keep these things coming, guys! I entered the park in a bad mood with a headache, and here two hours after it ended I'm smiling and feeling so awake that I can't even sleep. Awesome!

I have a couple quick appreciations..

Catacombs - Cast B.. you guys are AMAZING. I adore your cast more and more every time I go through it. I went through 3 times last set. Kudos to you guys for being so awesome.

Hallow'd Past- Cast B- :wub: Body Collectors room.. You guys are amazing. I love going through your room, and DE room for scaring the hell out of me when I wasn't expecting it.

Saws N Steam- Cast A- for the non stop scares <_<

Zombiegeddon- Cast A- the amazing Howard for his zombie tips :D

I have a couple quick appreciations..

Catacombs - Cast B.. you guys are AMAZING. I adore your cast more and more every time I go through it. I went through 3 times last set. Kudos to you guys for being so awesome.

Hallow'd Past- Cast B- :wub: Body Collectors room.. You guys are amazing. I love going through your room, and DE room for scaring the hell out of me when I wasn't expecting it.

Saws N Steam- Cast A- for the non stop scares <_<

Zombiegeddon- Cast A- the amazing Howard for his zombie tips :D

I was with Liz so basically everything she said goes for me as well. Well done guys. I was holding the white kitty btw. :D

Saws N Steam. All I have to say is HELL YEA! And whoever the guy on the stage actually in the ally was who said my name. IDK who you are so reveal your self. Huge shout out to Matt, Chainsaw Wolf, Bryan, and honestly everyone holding a chainsaw that scarezone kicks ass.

PS: Echoes Cast B how I love you so.

I'll turn this into the HHN fan appreciation thread. I want to thank the pecker fans for coming through so many times on our closing yet. You help keep things fun during our long hours. So, thank you for your pecker love. Also, I thought I might have gotten Jake, just a tiny little bit when I popped up to the side of him..not sure. If not, I'll keep looking for you.

Either way, thank you to the fans.

I'll turn this into the HHN fan appreciation thread. I want to thank the pecker fans for coming through so many times on our closing yet. You help keep things fun during our long hours. So, thank you for your pecker love. Also, I thought I might have gotten Jake, just a tiny little bit when I popped up to the side of him..not sure. If not, I'll keep looking for you.

You def got me.

Had a great time Scarezone stalking with Mom last night as usual. Thanks to all of you for the entertainment, scares and laughs... in particular...

Zombie Gras:

Tall, clarinet(?)-playing zombie... you crack us up every time we watch you as you zombie-stumble alongside the poor, unsuspecting saps who walk through your zone and don't know quite what to make of you. I realize your job is to scare, but, I'm so sorry... we have to laugh. You are hilarious.

20 Years of Fear:

Mary Shaw... you got me again. Don't know if you're the same tongue-protruding Mary Shaw that has gotten us before, but you managed to make me pee a little as you gave my Mom the stare-down and then turned on me. Kudos.

Wolfman... thanks for the greetings us you walked by us on our bench watching ya'll work your magic. As Scarezone-stalking-bench-sitting-watchers, we truly don't expect any attention as we just entertain ourselves watching you guys scare others, but we do feel all warm and fuzzy when we are acknowleged... so thanks, Man!

Body Collector/Gentleman... thanks for the photo and your patience as my Mom fiddled with the camera... you may see my full apology and the

aforementioned photo here.

Saws N Steam:

All of you ROCK. No matter how prepared and braced I think I am when I walk through your zone, someone manages to make me scream every time I walk through there.

Didn't do any houses last night, but plan to Sunday. Can't wait!

Edited by Sookie Smackhouse

I want to give a shoutout to shoe for the awesome interaction in Hallow'd Past! Thanks for that, you're really a great Scareactor!

I live to serve..........show biznez is my life......ha-cha-cha-cha-cha! SHOE

One of the zombies in Zombie Gras just wasn't having it, and matched my pace, then blocked me off...backed off, and pointed at my shirt. I grinned, stood at attention and saluted him, and he cocked his head like I was stupid. Then walked away....shoutout to him for keeping the already humongous smile on my face going.

Epic night! Epic scareactors! I thought at first that this year was going to be so-so. I was definitely wrong! Keep these things coming, guys! I entered the park in a bad mood with a headache, and here two hours after it ended I'm smiling and feeling so awake that I can't even sleep. Awesome!

You sir are very welcome. Glad you could enjoy the evening.

Aw, that was really sweet. It is our pleasure to come through and cheer you guys on after working so hard. Keep doing a great job. Go peckers! :D