Psychoscareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

Mark M.

Can someone tell me what was happening to this house around 9:30? a bunch of people were being send back in the line, but there was a small line still waiting to get in the house,

(I was in the Hades line)

Then after I got out Hades there was a bunch of water in the floor outside the houses, what was going on? the fish hooks again? :blink:

Heard through the grapevine that it was some kind of busted water pipe. House had to be closed for about 2 hours or so... If I am wrong, someone please correct.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, Opening weekend, this was at the bottom of my list. But since then Holy Hell, this Thursday and Friday, one word, amazing. I have one of the most memorable interactions with a actor from HHN in here. I was walking through the Jail scene and we were at a stand still. The actor motioned me to come closer, I did. He then takes a SPOON out of his shirt pocket and said Give this to Jesus. I still have the spoon sitting on my desk. I was scared countless times in this house which compared to opening with barely any scares is a huge improvement. Thank you guys! Also, if any of the actors that go on here know who the 2nd prison guy was who gave it to me please tell him Thank you!

As i was told one time when i went thru this house after being handed a spoon by a certain scareactor:: "YOU didnt give the spoon to jesus!!"

This house is definitely in my top 3 houses this year, probably even ranking at number two only to Hallowed Past, (Its just nice to see everything again)

*about to push red button* *scareactor jumps out*

DONT YOU DARE TOUCH MY RED BUTTON *pushes*

"You touched my BUTTOOOONNNN" lol

Heard through the grapevine that it was some kind of busted water pipe. House had to be closed for about 2 hours or so... If I am wrong, someone please correct.

I don't know if it was actually a busted line or a valve that was broken, but there was water everywhere. The entrance to the house was flooded so they had to clase the queue down so they could fix the problem and clean up the water.

I don't know if it was actually a busted line or a valve that was broken, but there was water everywhere. The entrance to the house was flooded so they had to clase the queue down so they could fix the problem and clean up the water.

Hopefully there were no serious safety issues and everyone is safe and sound now.

top house for me. cast a on oct 3 killed it. fantastic energy and acting everywhere. wasn't expecting to like this house nearly as much as i did. the tie in with dr. agana is really cool, too.

Ah so the beautiful raven haired Doctor performing extreme electro-shock therapy on a patient behind a broken two-way mirror IS Dr. Mary Agana, I had wondered about that. It makes sense after all as Dr. Agana had some connection to an asylum and her practice was located in upstate New York, as was Shadybrook. It all fits rather brilliantly.

I really wish they put curtains behind or around the back and sides of the facade like they had behind dracula last year. I could see the strobes from the finale before even walking into the house.

Universal should put some sort of ceiling in the houses too. Every time I look up I see the roof of a soundstage, tent, or whatever building it's in.

The hall with the jail cells is a really great scene, and while I'm usually a pretty hard scare, one guy to my right made me jump simply by whispering something to me.

i wonder who did that HE HE HE

Ah so the beautiful raven haired Doctor performing extreme electro-shock therapy on a patient behind a broken two-way mirror IS Dr. Mary Agana, I had wondered about that. It makes sense after all as Dr. Agana had some connection to an asylum and her practice was located in upstate New York, as was Shadybrook. It all fits rather brilliantly.

No, it's has been officially stated by Aiello that it is NOT Mary Agana. The costume is an old Bloody Mary costume with a white doctor jacket. The scaracter just happens to have dark hair. One of the corpses at the end of Catacombs wears an old Bloody Mary costume, but that doesn't mean they are suppose to be Bloody Mary.

Everyone saying that it is her, I believe, are fans just so desperate to see her back.

No, it's has been officially stated by Aiello that it is NOT Mary Agana. The costume is an old Bloody Mary costume with a white doctor jacket. The scaracter just happens to have dark hair. One of the corpses at the end of Catacombs wears an old Bloody Mary costume, but that doesn't mean they are suppose to be Bloody Mary.

Everyone saying that it is her, I believe, are fans just so desperate to see her back.

that is actually really disappointing to hear. her tie-in made the backstory of the house far more interesting, to me.

Edited by val

She is tied-in to the house through the the interactive text game, as one of the files has a note written by "Dr. Agna". The spelling is different, but it's an obvious reference to BM.

Shadybrook, or any asylum would not have an observation window looking in to an electro-shock treatment room where a patient could see out during their therapy unless it were a two way mirror.

According to the backstory of Home for the Holidays, Shadybrook was set in upstate New York.

According to Boris Shuster's notes Mary Agana's clinic was also in upstate New York.

According to Dr. Agana's casebook she had ties to a local asylum, and was able to remove patients from there to her clinic for one of her therapy sessions.

In the Reflections of Fear house we saw Dr. Agana using an extreme form of electro-shock therapy on one of her patients.

The female doctor in the scene in this year's Psychoscareapy house not only looks exactly like Mary Agana, but is performing similar therapy on a patient behind a broken two-way mirror.

She may not officially be Dr. Agana, but clearly the dots have been put there for us to follow, this has to be a way for Mary to make an unbilled cameo in such a way that she officially isn't there but yes, still is - so as not to cause any legal concerns to arise.

So I finally found the big red button tonight and pushed it and the lights went out and a board fell in front of my face but where is Jack? The OPs person seemed happy I knew what it was since apparently no one had pushed it in a long time but I was kinda excepting to see Jack somewhere, am I missing something here?

So I finally found the big red button tonight and pushed it and the lights went out and a board fell in front of my face but where is Jack? The OPs person seemed happy I knew what it was since apparently no one had pushed it in a long time but I was kinda excepting to see Jack somewhere, am I missing something here?

He was, by appearances, at the far end of a long room, wearing a straightjacket. It doesn't look like a mannequin, exactly, and it has a sort of otherworldly appearance. I think it may be some sort of projection or mirror trick.

Mae

I gave this house a chance Yesterday, and I tried to be open to the house, but I just don't feel it, the actors were cool but there's nothing that jumps out in the rooms as far as decoration or sets, except the last room and the room with the hands, I really wish they would have done another Icon house here, I really hope psychoscareapy doesn't come back in the future

He was, by appearances, at the far end of a long room, wearing a straightjacket. It doesn't look like a mannequin, exactly, and it has a sort of otherworldly appearance. I think it may be some sort of projection or mirror trick.

Mae

OK, I was really looking around tonight and if hes NOT a scareactor and more of a like projection then I think I saw him. If its a scareactor then I wasn't looking at the right spot again and will try harder next time.

This is either my 2nd or 3rd favorite house. Its my first experience with the Psychoscarepy concept and I'm fascinated by it. The electroshock therapy room is my favorite room of this years event by far. And you gotta love that red button. I got my whole group with that thing. :D Also I'm a little dissapointed I didnt see Jack my time through. But no doubt a great house.

I did my final run through Psychoscareapy for the year (ever? :( ) last night, and it was a great one. If the inmate behind the windows on the left side of the hallway who asked me "what are you looking at"...I responded "you" and he said "well get moving" or something like that is on here, thank you for one of the funniest moments of my night when my friend waved goodbye at you and you got her good after that. Her jump jolted me. One of her best scares of the night and it gave me a really good laugh.

It's been a real pleasure watching this house mature over the course of the event. At first it was towards the bottom of my list. Part of that was probably because I was digruntled they didn't do it as the humor house this year, since Home for the Holidays is one of my all-time favorites. But it gets better and better every time we go through it and now I'm making an effort to see it more. We usually go through on Team B although I enjoy both. How can you not love a lunatic singing Rubber Ducky to you or growling "Welcome back, honey"? I llike how they added a patient in the first room too. The nurse was missing the first time I saw that and he followed me and came over the counter at me. Nurse was there second time, and he still did the same thing. Loved it! While nothing can knock Catacombs out of #1 for me, you guys have really rocketed up in my rankings based purely on the scaractor energy and performances.

While it's not OFFICIALLY stated to be her, she is in fact meant to be a little easter egg for the fans who wanted to see her back.

Just wanted to say that I had a blast working with this cast. I made a ton of new friends, reunited with some old friends and even a friend that Ive know since kindergarten was put in the same room as me.. It was one of the first drama free events Ive worked in a while and I'd like to thank everyone involved, from the staff to the die hard fans here on the boards. Thanks guys. see you next year.

I did my final run through Psychoscareapy for the year (ever? :( ) last night, and it was a great one. If the inmate behind the windows on the left side of the hallway who asked me "what are you looking at"...I responded "you" and he said "well get moving" or something like that is on here, thank you for one of the funniest moments of my night when my friend waved goodbye at you and you got her good after that. Her jump jolted me. One of her best scares of the night and it gave me a really good laugh.

I meant to reply sooner, but this was me. I actually remember this scare perfectly. Very glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. :)