Psychoscareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

Mark M.

Haha yeah it's pretty funny, the day after I was at HHN I decided to spend some time at IOA and one of the employees told me how "Psychotherapy" was his favorite. xD On a side not, was anyone else depressed by this house?

*raises hand*

I found this one and The Orfanage both very dark and a little depressing. I like that they are facing that, tho, and not trying to keep the scary so silly.

Mae

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoyed this house, it was nice to see that same Shady Brook facade that I remembered from 2006, and a few of the room looked familiar. The only think that really disappointed me was that the infamous bathroom didn't make a return, but after reading the horror stories of the lingering odor it's obvious why. A cameo by Jack would have been cool too.

I don't really know how to feel about this house. I liked the facade though the aroma turned me off immediately. But walking through, I kind of like the whole setting and how the scareactors looked, I can definitely say it was depressing, even as someone who hasn't been through a Psychoscareapy house ever. It almost felt like an entire black and white movie house, but I kind of liked it; reminded me of Tim Burton's 'The Island of Doctor Agor'. As for scare, a couple of jump ones here and there, but nothing really scary. I did the panic button but my friend was rushing me, but I did enjoy what I saw. I don't think I saw the Mary Agana reference at all. :( There wasn't much of a finale and there weren't really any standout scares or characters for me.

I'll give it a 2/5, but I do think I'll suffer through the aroma again to give it another chance.

Not the scariest... But definitely had some memorable spots such as the hands on the bars, the panic button, and the guy in the straight jacket from "What's your breaking point". I really enjoyed walking through. Though, I felt like some of the actors weren't utilizing their area, such as the hall right before the panic button with the doors. I wanted you guys to open the door suddenly and scare us, but every time I went through, the scaractor was just standing there in the door way.

I was here Sunday night just before 10:00 - this house is rapidly rising on my list of favorite houses. I have both an apology and a thanks.

About halfway through, where the doors are, an actor came out from the left to stare me down. I thought I recognized him from photos here on the board, and so I did a double take, and couldn't think of what to say, so I finally just pointed and said "Nightmares!" Unfortunately, he was also setting me up for a double scare with the actor to the right (behind me), and I sort of blew that. I really wasn't trying to be a dou**e, I just don't usually think I recognize someone and kind of froze up. Sorry, and thanks for the scare!

And at the end of the house right before you exit, last ghostly patient on the right, came right up to me and said "Nice shirt!" Now, I was wearing a standard HHN XX shirt, and maybe that was said to a lot of guests. But I don't usually get shout outs, so I'm going to consider that to be one. Thanks for the attention!!

Three thumbs up to everyone, this house just gets better and better.

I don't think I saw the Mary Agana reference at all.

The reference to Mary is not anywhere in the house, she is an actor dressed in Mary costume. There are a ton of neat little things to look at that I wont mention.

I pressesed the button, the air went off, the audio went crazy, but saw no Jack.Not that many scares.

Look inside before you hit the button, I wrote a clear description as to what the gag does ;) but people run and smash the button like blinky bags of crack are coming out of a slot.

We have had 32 people hit the floor in fear, 2 piss themselves 1 almost passed out, and 1 man left crying 1 girl hit the floor and her pants fell down, 5 people hit the firstaid box ( thanks for the present *HEAD PRINT* its our prized possession ) I personally made one girl dry heave + the ability to stand perfectly still and have countless people terrified cause they made the mistake of ( poking and asking " is he real " ) ... I agree not many scares.

every time I went through, the scaractor was just standing there in the door way.

Thank you, I suck at my job so I just stand there. :) Next time you come around I guess I can try to maybe entertain or scare you, but I can't promise anything * rips my Scene Of The Week award and makes sad panda face.

I was here Sunday night just before 10:00 - this house is rapidly rising on my list of favorite houses. I have both an apology and a thanks. About halfway through, where the doors are, an actor came out from the left to stare me down. I thought I recognized him from photos here on the board, and so I did a double take, and couldn't think of what to say, so I finally just pointed and said "Nightmares!" Unfortunately, he was also setting me up for a double scare with the actor to the right (behind me), and I sort of blew that. I really wasn't trying to be a dou**e, I just don't usually think I recognize someone and kind of froze up. Sorry, and thanks for the scare!And at the end of the house right before you exit, last ghostly patient on the right, came right up to me and said "Nice shirt!" Now, I was wearing a standard HHN XX shirt, and maybe that was said to a lot of guests. But I don't usually get shout outs, so I'm going to consider that to be one. Thanks for the attention!!Three thumbs up to everyone, this house just gets better and better.

It happens a lot I know yours was by accident, but A TON of people mess up the setup for a great scare cause they are busy yelling things out or doing the dumbest things.

Edited by Sinister

So, Opening weekend, this was at the bottom of my list. But since then Holy Hell, this Thursday and Friday, one word, amazing. I have one of the most memorable interactions with a actor from HHN in here. I was walking through the Jail scene and we were at a stand still. The actor motioned me to come closer, I did. He then takes a SPOON out of his shirt pocket and said Give this to Jesus. I still have the spoon sitting on my desk. I was scared countless times in this house which compared to opening with barely any scares is a huge improvement. Thank you guys! Also, if any of the actors that go on here know who the 2nd prison guy was who gave it to me please tell him Thank you!

Edited by PWT

So, Opening weekend, this was at the bottom of my list. But since then Holy Hell, this Thursday and Friday, one word, amazing. I have one of the most memorable interactions with a actor from HHN in here. I was walking through the Jail scene and we were at a stand still. The actor motioned me to come closer, I did. He then takes a SPOON out of his shirt pocket and said Give this to Jesus. I still have the spoon sitting on my desk. I was scared countless times in this house which compared to opening with barely any scares is a huge improvement. Thank you guys! Also, if any of the actors that go on here know who the 2nd prison guy was who gave it to me please tell him Thank you!

I know him well, I shall pass along your message. And from us, thank you!

Though, I felt like some of the actors weren't utilizing their area, such as the hall right before the panic button with the doors. I wanted you guys to open the door suddenly and scare us, but every time I went through, the scaractor was just standing there in the door way.

I think my girlfriend is Sinister's tag-out and know for a fact that she does not just stand there. She did play the whole innocent, hair-twirling girl who would immediately snap at you. She is a vetran who doesn't/hasn't ever just stood there in any role she's ever been cast in. She has since become aggressive for the whole time.

I think my girlfriend is Sinister's tag-out and know for a fact that she does not just stand there. She did play the whole innocent, hair-twirling girl who would immediately snap at you. She is a vetran who doesn't/hasn't ever just stood there in any role she's ever been cast in. She has since become aggressive for the whole time.

I'm not saying everyone was just standing there. Most were really getting out there and being aggressive. But some must have been resetting I guess? Right after the door hall, right before you turn to push the button is someone who got me quite a few times in there. I'm just saying that every time I went into that area, whoever was occupying that door was always in the door way, giving us a look. That was my experience.

Yeah the two (or three, I'm not totally sure) that are in the hallway don't usually stand around. On opening weekend, the guy in the first doorway to the left jumped out at me and then set me up for a double team where the guy on the right jumped out at me and I flew a few feet back. I then proceeded to give the first guy an evil glare and he cracked up, it was the best scare for me on opening weekend, right next to Medusa in Hades.

Thank you! Where are you in the house?

Have to come in and find me ;)

Tman875 You are correct! My tag out is AMAZING! and she has taken plenty of hits to prove how aggressive she is. I play on the " Creepy guy " effect and then startle scare or setup for my partner who is unbelievable! Hence ( SCENE OF THE WEEK for us & for my partner ACTOR OF THE WEEK ).

To all: I am open to opinions and take criticism like a man, however I will correct whatever is said incorrectly. Not just here but in other houses and zones and the event itself. It is unjust that someone would say " They are not doing their job " etc. When we can say the same thing and you would be upset. Like " everyone going through the houses and mazes are morons! " But we don't.

We have been touched, spit on, insulted, threatened, pushed, pulled on, hit, slapped, kicked, yelled at, punched, and the list goes on and on night after night. And for some crazy ass reason we come back for more! So before you go on a thread and type away, take a moment to understand that perhaps you were mistaken.

And Goo just so that you know, I wasn't going to mention it but the reason why I was " Just standing around " is because right before that I took and elbow to my left eye and I needed to adjust to the lighting so I can continue " Doing my job " ;)

I know a ton of amazing people that I am honored to either know or work with starting with my Cast. And trust me NO ONE just says meh lets just slap this little HHN thingy together and see what happens. But I will leave it there, because 1. You won't understand where I'm coming from, so why explain. and 2. It doesn't matter.

Edited by Sinister

I love psychoscareapy, but I wish they would let the actors in here say funny, crazy stuff like they did in the other psychoscareapy houses. I think they don't, though, because it's supposed to be the ghosts of Shadybrook inmates. The hallway with a few open doors is really intense.....there's a loud noise, and two inmates leap at you from both sides. This is near the middle of the house.

I love psychoscareapy, but I wish they would let the actors in here say funny, crazy stuff like they did in the other psychoscareapy houses. I think they don't, though, because it's supposed to be the ghosts of Shadybrook inmates. The hallway with a few open doors is really intense.....there's a loud noise, and two inmates leap at you from both sides. This is near the middle of the house.

You are correct on all accounts. We too would LOVE to make it nuts like it used to be. However I love the fact that we are creepy rather than funny. And thank you for the great mention that is my section.

I wasn't saying you weren't doing your job, I was just saying I never saw you move. You probably just never jumped at us, since there are far more better scares usually behind us, which, I did hear screams behind us as we walked out of the room ;)

I am not sure how I feel about this one. The facade and rooms were beautiful, but scares were hit or miss. I came through six times, had one really awesome run on Friday night, the rest were a mixed bag - sometimes I'd catch a lot of scares, other times, only one or two.

BTW, I loved the red button scare. My first time through, I was looking for it, and I had this STUPID gaggle of young 20-something women behind me. They were screaming at every little thing at the top of their lungs, and it was obvious that they thought this was funny. It eventually reached a point where I was about to go off on them... and then I saw it. I looked behind me, waited for them to get within range, then...

Me: ... >:3 *PUSH BUTAN*

They screamed for REAL that time and glommed onto each other in their fright. Ah, sweet revenge.

I really wish they put curtains behind or around the back and sides of the facade like they had behind dracula last year. I could see the strobes from the finale before even walking into the house.

Universal should put some sort of ceiling in the houses too. Every time I look up I see the roof of a soundstage, tent, or whatever building it's in.

The hall with the jail cells is a really great scene, and while I'm usually a pretty hard scare, one guy to my right made me jump simply by whispering something to me.

Edited by Jumboshrmp

Can someone tell me what was happening to this house around 9:30? a bunch of people were being send back in the line, but there was a small line still waiting to get in the house,

(I was in the Hades line)

Then after I got out Hades there was a bunch of water in the floor outside the houses, what was going on? the fish hooks again? :blink:

Edited by black7mask