HHN XX Discussion

Fear is certainly not what I pictured. I did have a feeling from the previous image that he had a human element to him with what I thought was a human chest covered by a cape. I just dont get the face and mouth that we have been seeing and then see this pic from the waist up. I hope he isn't a let down but right now i'm skeptical. On another note... I heard the radio commercial for the first time and I have one question... Y would you describe the scarezones as "electrifying" ? The whole commercial was corny and not like past years but electrifying scare zones?

Edited by LuitaChris

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to not having Fear in a house, I've been doing a little thinking. Isn't the whole gimick this year that Fear has been behind EVERY year? That he's always been involved but never seen? Then maybe, what I'm thinking, is that Fear will be in ALL the houses. I'm not sure how,maybe like they did with Bloody Mary or maybe just metaphorically. I mean...I think it would be kind of difficult to design a house that Fear could be in. What would be the theme? Fear scaring people? lol I can sort of picture him popping up in the end of Hollow'd past, sort of like a "this isnt about the past, it's about the future" sort of thing. Idk. Im making assumptions just like the rest of you guys :P Im sure Universal has something up it's sleeve that will shock and amaze us :] Or...at least I hope they do xD

"Keep this up?" 13 years ago as a frightened child I was told that I could not be a target for scaring if I walked up on the sidewalk. By no means is this a new policy and it certainly hasn't affected the event if you just became aware of it.

Oh, the AP event. It made for pretty great hours, workwise, but in Scary Tales back in '08, my scene was flooded with sunlight. Kind of ruined the scene.

I've been going to HHN since 1998 and I've witnessed countless scareactors chase guests onto sidewalks and this creates a much more frightful scarezone. Regardless if this has been a rule that was in place in the past, last year marks a decided crackdown on this rule and it was sad to see. Trust me when I say this as I am friends to many scareactors and coordinators who had comments and remarks about this from last year's HHN.

yeah I agree that it does suck, however when people get scared and running, that curb becomes a trip hazard and all of a sudden the person running face plants on the concrete, causing injury to themselves and then Universal has a law suit on their handsl...sucks but it is the nature of the beast. Fortunately, this doesn't really affect our scares very much. Just stay on the street if you want to be targeted :)

Giant, I understand the safety concerns and the legal ramifications and this is not about trying to be targeted. Being a rather large male individual I am seldom targeted. This is more about the event and what I enjoy seeing and experiencing. This is about how much this rule limits the size of the scarezone and that it creates safe zones. I've see guests run away from sacreactors and put themselves in mortal danger, falling, running into trashcans, walls, you name it. How people react to someone trying to scare them shouldn't be a deciding factor necessarily when they implement these rules and policies. I mean, seriously, if someone broke and ankle tripping over a curb, would it really be Universal's fault? If someone pokes themself in the eye putting there hands up to there face so they don't see a Body Collector ripping the spine out of a victim, is it Universal's fault? I'm being silly here of course and I realize that scareactors do have to have rules and take safety into consideration. I don't expect them to out and out chase a guest and the rules against chainsaw guys doing Leatherface manuevers is also understandable, but I just have a real problem with the no scaring on the sidewalk rule. Just my opinion and I respect your points.

Since "Dead Skelaton" scares will be from backlights and glow in the dark masks i wonder how bad it would be in the day.

I have been told that that will be one of the latest scarezones open because it relies so heavily on the darkness and black lights. That would be the only way that would work without the effect being ruined by seeing the SA's and not their cool costumes.

I don't know, after looking at the picture of fear from the shirt, I'm a little disappointed, I mean of course we have to wait for the event but I like the lantern more now, the lantern with the fire, is really nice

I really hope Fear is not bald or has weird hair, I pictured him with horns...

The Fear image you are seeing on the t-shirts is just that, an image and not how the final character concept will be viewed... ;)

It will be worth the wait to see Fear revealed, I can promise you all that!

Oh I agree, Good to hear, he looks funny in the shirt image, but I'm glad you said that

We went to the mall today and saw these on the tabletops in the food court.

59042_442097786691_700051691_5033933_4290924_n.jpg

57963_442097746691_700051691_5033932_2181141_n.jpg

:lol:

Mae

What mall?

I went yesterday to the Florida Mall and there was advertisement for the HOS event, it was everywhere and I saw it on the tables as well, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but the advertisement for their event looks so silly, it made me laugh, :lol:

Edited by black7mask

So funny story. I'm in the park today looking for merchandise (being that it's online) and no dice.

So I go to guest services and inquire about this years lanyard...

"Oh we have them now" says the guy... My wife and I get real excited an ask to purchase them.

He heads back and we hear him rustling through the box. Then, someone who I assume was his manager (and was listening the whole time), asks us how we are doing and promptly follows the rep. while he is headed back there I hear:

"How many do they want?" followed by our rep saying "At least one"...

After the guy who looks like a manager walks back there, we hear some whispered conversation. this is followed by our rep coming back and saying we sold out and we wont have any more till opening night. Mind you we were in there the Saturday before and they said they had them but weren't selling them. So not 100% sure but basically we were lied too. Long and short of it: completely let down, no lanyard, and not really sure when we can buy them. :(

So funny story. I'm in the park today looking for merchandise (being that it's online) and no dice.

So I go to guest services and inquire about this years lanyard...

"Oh we have them now" says the guy... My wife and I get real excited an ask to purchase them.

He heads back and we hear him rustling through the box. Then, someone who I assume was his manager (and was listening the whole time), asks us how we are doing and promptly follows the rep. while he is headed back there I hear:

"How many do they want?" followed by our rep saying "At least one"...

After the guy who looks like a manager walks back there, we hear some whispered conversation. this is followed by our rep coming back and saying we sold out and we wont have any more till opening night. Mind you we were in there the Saturday before and they said they had them but weren't selling them. So not 100% sure but basically we were lied too. Long and short of it: completely let down, no lanyard, and not really sure when we can buy them. :(

Had a similar experience yesterday. Went in to get my Frequent Fear Plus pass and when she was done asked if the lanyards were available. She popped into the back and came back stating that they may be available late next week and definitely opening night. So who knows? Someone is bound to get lucky at this rate.

Guest FL Universal Jax

Oh I agree, Good to hear, he looks funny in the shirt image, but I'm glad you said that

What mall?

I went yesterday to the Florida Mall and there was advertisement for the HOS event, it was everywhere and I saw it on the tables as well, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but the advertisement for their event looks so silly, it made me laugh, :lol:

That is at the "Avenue's" Mall in Jacksonville, FL.

Make no mistake people, the advertising for this year is beyond what it has been any other year. HHN advertising is showing up in the smallest of places, not just the Publix and Burger King anymore...

Did anybody get an email for a meet an greet with Steve and Tango from GH? I just checked my email today and it said they would be back this year, YAY!!!!!!!!!1101010101. I saw them last year and they are cool dudes. I think the time was for 7 pm?

Post up if you are thinking of going. I would love to meet some fellow patrons of the site there.

I will most definately be there.

I have a question, and it may be a dumb question, but I've been busy and it's been a little hard to keep up with this stuff.

Is Fear Revealed a show, or a scare zone? Or do we not know yet?

Technically, it's a scarezone. Even on the website, if you look in the lower lefthand corner where it says, "Scarezones and Shows," the word "Scarezone" is lit for Fear Revealed where Bill and Ted will cause "Shows" to be lit up. (Check it out).

Also, the way they have described it at rehearsals it is more of a zone, though it will have some show-like qualities.

Yeah the website says its going to be a scarezone but idk who suggested it before, but it could be like "the arrival" show back in 2006. That was advertised as a SZ too, if I recall correctly. There was the small show and then the characters dispersed; we could defintely be looking at something like that. This is the SZ that I'm most anticipating because I have NO CLUE how they're going to be going about this. I know we're going to see Fear but what else? OOOOOh....it's only two weeks away and even that seems like way too long to wait >.<

The Fear image you are seeing on the t-shirts is just that, an image and not how the final character concept will be viewed... ;)

It will be worth the wait to see Fear revealed, I can promise you all that!

I was told the same thing by a very good source. I am very excited!

The shirt threw me off a bit at first but im sure Fear will be something amazing and freaky to see :D

Yeah advertising was a bust last year!! I wonder if it had anything to do with those people who bitched about the Bloody Mary billboards the year before? I have alot of friends who go to FIU and they've said similar things; they only knew about the event from what they saw on their BK cups xD Unfortunately, I got to MDC so we get no advertising regardless -__- lol

Yeah the website says its going to be a scarezone but idk who suggested it before, but it could be like "the arrival" show back in 2006. That was advertised as a SZ too, if I recall correctly. There was the small show and then the characters dispersed; we could defintely be looking at something like that.

Fear Revealed will not be like "The Arrival" from 2006.