Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Can't post the link to it since I'm on mobile, but Bloody Disgusting posted the teaser to MTV's Scream. It looks awful. Ghostface isn't even in it for Pete's sake. If they base it on the television series, they're making a big mistake. The GP will be asking where Ghostface is.

Not the 1st potential mistake so far from what I'm gathering. At this point, I half expect it to be based off this version.

Oh yeah... and for those of you that can tolerate lower budget films and enjoy traveling to all different haunted attractions, I recommend watching the movie The Houses October Built. I really enjoyed it because I've travelled to many attractions throughout the years and I can honestly picture something like this actually happening to my wife I. This is especially true considering some of the places we've ended up. If Universal does end up with an extreme house, we're definitely watching this again before we do it.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Can't post the link to it since I'm on mobile, but Bloody Disgusting posted the teaser to MTV's Scream. It looks awful. Ghostface isn't even in it for Pete's sake. If they base it on the television series, they're making a big mistake. The GP will be asking where Ghostface is.

Kinda like everyone asking where Dracula was in Untold last year? xD

The show is on MTV and aimed at a specific part of a demographic who aren't of the highest intelligence. Did you honestly expect anything more?

I watched the trailer and dear lord is it bad. Won't stop them from forcing it onto us. Hopefully it's the movie and not that shit.

5 IPs, potential for only 1 100% original house, and what looks like no backstory at all? Definitely not the kind of 25th anniversary I had envisioned. I'm sure it'll still be wonderful and if all 8-9 houses are great I won't complain on subject matter at all, but times have definitely changed for HHN.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

Definitely not the kind of 25th anniversary I had envisioned.

This sums it up in it's simplest form.

Their next wise decisions will be to increase ticket prices and eliminate the Rush of Fear pass. Oh yeah, and make sure the 9th house is an additional fee naturally. We'll have to cover all that shipping to get all those wolf puppets back to Orlando so that they (Universal) can use them for the 3rd year in a row.

This MTV promo for Scream seems rather fitting to me.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

^Hollywood didn't use our puppets last year, as far as I know. And it's not 3 years in a row at the same event so it doesn't count that way. lol

I don't let the fact that a house is based off an IP bother me. If it's good, it's good. It doesn't matter if it's an original (wich a lot of were inspired by IPs and even some Disney attractions) or a movie/tv show/etc. I tend to like the originals more than the IPs, but then again my unrivaled top 2 houses of all time are IPs, the second one being AWiL.

Hell I'd even go far enough to say that if all 3 TWD houses were of AWiL quality in terms of sets, scares, and overall level of enjoyment, I honestly wouldn't care it keeps coming back. But they weren't. 1st one was decent at best, 2nd was a vast improvement, but still nothing extraordinary. The 3rd one felt more intense than the others due to the number of actors, but overall it was the sane repetitive zombie over and over and over. The series just doesn't lend itself to be anything but mediocre as a house at HHN, and that's my biggest problem with it. I don't like the fact that they keep using the same property each year, but the bigger problem for me is house quality. They can nail details and sets all day long, and they always do at this stage of the game, but overall scare and house quality is more important, and that's always lacking when it comes to TWD.

Edited by foREVer56

Anniversary scarezone?

Would be dumb.

Want to make HHN 25 good while still incorporating IPs?

All-Nite-Die-In = IPs (still using an icon)

Silver Screams = More IPs (still using an icon)

Scary Tales = still uses an icon or two

Hallow'd Past = best of HHN houses (revamped a little) and gets the rest of the icons

Five originals

Scarezones = unused in the above but popular houses from the past now as scarezones

Show = B&T

A website that is memorable giving massive insight into the history of event

Done. Amazing event.

Edited by criticalanalysis

Would be dumb.

Want to make HHN 25 good while still incorporating IPs?

All-Nite-Die-In = IPs (still using an icon)

Silver Screams = More IPs (still using an icon)

Scary Tales = still uses an icon or two

Hallow'd Past = best of HHN houses (revamped a little) and gets the rest of the icons

Five originals

Scarezones = unused in the above but popular houses from the past now as scarezones

Show = B&T

A website that is memorable giving massive insight into the history of event

Done. Amazing event.

Except we know that's not happening.

Some, maybe.

It's a shame they didn't do a silver screams 2 house and just use a scene out AWIL instead.

Its gotta be something like this. I just dont see Uni putting up the same house only 2 years apart. That makes worse sense than TWD 10 years in a row. Its gotta be a Silver Screams/All Night Die-In type house.

With that said if someone asked me whats the greatest house Ive been to at HHN.... AWIL is the first thing of the top of my head. Of course depending on what day it is that answer could change but that house was perfect. They nailed it. Doing the BTS tour of that house brought my inner geek such joy!

Would I be heart broken to see another one? No. Disappointed in the recycling of an IP? Yes.

If this was the case I'd be totally cool with it!

• Like 2

Its gotta be something like this. I just dont see Uni putting up the same house only 2 years apart. That makes worse sense than TWD 10 years in a row. Its gotta be a Silver Screams/All Night Die-In type house.

With that said if someone asked me whats the greatest house Ive been to at HHN.... AWIL is the first thing of the top of my head. Of course depending on what day it is that answer could change but that house was perfect. They nailed it. Doing the BTS tour of that house brought my inner geek such joy!

Would I be heart broken to see another one? No. Disappointed in the recycling of an IP? Yes.

If this was the case I'd be totally cool with it!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was there ever any weight to the AWIL scarezone talk from last year?

Edited by Cooger and Dark

I'd have to say that I hoped for the 25th anniversary we might see an event that was mainly based around what made the event what it is, original ideas. I had a theory that the past 3 years have been used to gain a larger fan base to then introduce these "new fans" to what the event once was and its such a shame to see rumours of these IP's returning.

Don't get me wrong these IP's have been highly successful (AWIL notably) for HHN however having it so soon after first doing the house AND trying to match or BETTER the house is something of a hard task. AWIL was one of my all time favourite houses but I can't help feeling I will lack the enthusiasm whilst going round it this time... Which for me, I want to remember the house for how good it was. Same goes with TWD. Not the best houses but certainly got better and better.

I agree that incorporating Orignals and IP's (Silver Screams etc) would be a great move for the fans and the GP however I can't see it happening which is a real shame.

I still hope for an event that celebrates the true roots of HHN and shows what the event was like before 2012. For a 25th anniversary this is the least it deserves. I hope I'm proved to be right when everything is revealed but at this stage I can't see it. Originals all the way!

So you guys think having Silver Screams and All Night Die In in the same year would good? The only difference between the 2 houses is the Icon hosting it.

They are both houses that do movies as rooms.

Yet people are complaining about repeating houses?

Im saying IF they bring back AWIL I hope its in a house like one of those... I would prefer to leave AWIL like it was. Damn near perfect.

• Like 1

In other, actual spec. Jimmy has released 9 clues thus far...

Actual he's up to 11.

I'm just still trying to recover from this AWiL situation. I'm not sure which part about it annoys me more, the fact that they're actually doing it, or the fact that even though they will, people will still open up their wallets and pay them top dollar for it. If a smaller haunt repeats houses and they have competition in the area, at the least they lose business but sometimes they go out of business.

This is the model of big business. They can pretty much do whatever they want and no one seems to care. Here's an example... Walmart is so confident they basically control the department store market, they can change their logo into the text symbol of an asshole just to show off.

http://demo.portfoliopen.com/Resources/52/571-600x600-scale.png

Dr. Jimmy #11 is Those Were the Good Old Days from Damn Yankees.

I'm pretty sure the person singing is the devil.

Reboot of the Harvest of Souls scare zone (HHN 16)?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR