Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Search your feelings Overwatch you know it to be true...

luke+skywalker.gif

Why? Come on you don't want to relive the experience... exactly... to the last detail? Because... Nostalgia yay!

Pfffttt who knows why they do anything anymore.

Edit: fixed errors. I hate my phone.

...milk it for everything it's got.

I'm curious as to who's idea this was. A&D or Marketing? Or maybe they had another IP lined up and it fell through so they said fuck it and brought this back? Or maybe building the 3rd tent (if that happens) took so much from the budget they didn't have the cash to make a completely new 9th house?

I don't know the reasoning but bringing back an exact copy of a house is lazy and not what HHN has ever done save DoT in 92 (and maybe Psycho in 94/95?). I don't want this to be a trend.

• Like 1

When something is very popular...

But it isn't that popular, is it?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't have a pulse on the community like some other people do, but wasn't the general consensus that "It was a good house during an 'okay' year." I can imagine it was a popular house here. I can imagine gp probably liked it. But something being a "fan favorite" hasn't exactly motivated Universal in the last few years.

Personally, I don't mind it. I didn't get to go to AWIL the first time, so maybe I can do it the second. But I can't shake the feeling that this had very little to do with fan input. I also can't imagine Universal doing something like this unless something has gone very wrong.

But if they're going to pull a "we're listening to the fans" then I'll gladly take an Alien house every other year.

Nothing, really.

You have a few lackluster sequels you can pull from. You can try to pull from the aforementioned remake, which just got a writer five years ago.

So ultimately, "Dark and gritty remake" or "Similar but different" seem to be the most likely options here.

That's my question. They put all the important scenes in the house and did it perfectly. Where else is there to go? Is it an original story inside the AWiL property, like AvP? If that's the case my opinion on it coming back is the complete opposite. I'm only against this if it's an exact copy. If it's a sort of sequel, then I MORE than welcome it.

But it isn't that popular, is it?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't have a pulse on the community like some other people do, but wasn't the general consensus that "It was a good house during an 'okay' year." I can imagine it was a popular house here. I can imagine gp probably liked it. But something being a "fan favorite" hasn't exactly motivated Universal in the last few years.

The movie? Not excessively. The house? Won HoTY with flying colors and is regarded as one of their greatest achievements, especially IP wise and of recent years. Personally, the best house since 07's NoES for me.

And it's not just a fan opinion. It's universally accepted that AWiL was a near perfect house. Very few talk badly about it, and I've yet to see a single person on ANY forum talk negative of it.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 2

That's my question. They put all the important scenes in the house and did it perfectly. Where else is there to go? Is it an original story inside the AWiL property, like AvP? If that's the case my opinion on it coming back is the complete opposite. I'm only against this if it's an exact copy. If it's a sort of sequel, then I MORE than welcome it.

The movie? Not excessively. The house? Won HoTY with flying colors and is regarded as one of their greatest achievements, especially IP wise and of recent years. Personally, the best house since 07's NoES for me.

And it's not just a fan opinion. It's universally accepted that AWiL was a near perfect house. Very few talk badly about it, and I've yet to see a single person on ANY forum talk negative of it.

Let us hope that your theory is correct.

Trying to get lightening to strike twice rarely works and generally doesn't work immediately.

Either way, if it has to happen, it has to happen.

If this AWiL rumor is try, I'm going to blow a gasket. It's a good thing I don't live down there, because if I did, I'd get a mob of people with torches and pitchforks and storm whoever's office is the one responsible for this foolishness. All I know is that the same people who were all bent out of shape about TWD better be more bent out of shape over this ridiculousness. 25 years of houses, an infinite number of potential original concepts, a never ending supply of ips to choose from and what do they do, they go with a house/property they did 2 years ago. A property that is definitely a classic, but I definitely wouldn't say it's popular with the younger crowds who from what I see make up for a very large portion of the patrons present. At least TWD made sense from a money grab point of view, this choice is nothing more than laziness on their part. So, as it stands now, we already have at least 2 properties that have been done returning in less than 2 years (AWiL and TWD). Unbelieveable!

Looking back on when they made the AWiL house, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about how this was like a dream project and how happy everyone was to work on it. That was more than likely the reason why it came out the way it did. It came out great. They should have left it at that and at the very least waited 5 years or so if they really felt the need to bring it back. What new material are they going to use, American Werewolf in Paris? That movie was rubbish.

I was really hoping for the 25th Anniversary to be something special and this isn't the type of special I had in mind.

If this AWiL rumor is try, I'm going to blow a gasket. It's a good thing I don't live down there, because if I did, I'd get a mob of people with torches and pitchforks and storm whoever's office is the one responsible for this foolishness. All I know is that the same people who were all bent out of shape about TWD better be more bent out of shape over this ridiculousness. 25 years of houses, an infinite number of potential original concepts, a never ending supply of ips to choose from and what do they do, they go with a house/property they did 2 years ago. A property that is definitely a classic, but I definitely wouldn't say it's popular with the younger crowds who from what I see make up for a very large portion of the patrons present. At least TWD made sense from a money grab point of view, this choice is nothing more than laziness on their part. So, as it stands now, we already have at least 2 properties that have been done returning in less than 2 years (AWiL and TWD). Unbelieveable!

Looking back on when they made the AWiL house, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about how this was like a dream project and how happy everyone was to work on it. That was more than likely the reason why it came out the way it did. It came out great. They should have left it at that and at the very least waited 5 years or so if they really felt the need to bring it back. What new material are they going to use, American Werewolf in Paris? That movie was rubbish.

I was really hoping for the 25th Anniversary to be something special and this isn't the type of special I had in mind.

I'll only have a problem with it if it's a duplicate, which it's supposedly not. I agree this isn't a property that should come back cuz the original's too good to touch again, and that it's too soon. It's not the ideal choice, but at least it'll be different. It's not worse than having TWD 4 years in a row though.

It's not gonna be the lineup of houses we'd want for an anniversary (for the most part), but that's out of our's and A&D's hands. However, it seems like they've gotten more pull for what properties, like last year, plus there's 6-8 other houses outside TWD and AWiL plus the zones and shows to be excited about. I trust them to make an amazing event for their anniversary. Despite what some might say, event quality is at an all time high. I won't say the same for scares, which imo need to be better.

If it's a sequel and is vastly different from 2013's AWiL, this year will have 3 IPs I'm insanely excited about, which hasn't happened for me yet.

I dont think TWD will be duel run nor will any house be duel run

About AWIL, the maze was very very popular... It scored some of the highest ratings they every had for a house (It surpass TWD that yr). So I can see it coming back and hopefully we have some upgrades to the Wolfs.

Most Haunts do repeats to very popular mazes and dont change a thing in them... If AWIL does come I dont think its because something was dropped.. I think this was 100% a A&D move.

MOST haunts repeat mazes is the key phrase here. HHN never has before, so why start now?

Sequels are completely different from repeats. How much of a change are we expecting?

And, to my knowledge, TWD has never gotten the highest guest approval ratings thus far. Gothic and possibly Dead End were the highest in 2012, AWiL, CitW and possibly Evil Dead were higher in 2013, and Dollhouse/Halloween were higher last year.

TWD is like the lead single off a new album for the event. It's the most popular, it's a crowd pleaser, and it's the one everyone knows, but it's not the universal fan favorite off the album.

MOST haunts repeat mazes is the key phrase here. HHN never has before, so why start now

"Repeat" is always a loaded word. Repeat houses aren't identical. A boo-hole changes. Rooms get rearranged.

And in that respect, HHN has done repeats. Screamhouse Revisited in 2003 had an identical first half before having different room layouts (but in the same room order) from 2002. Havoc was the exact same house as The Spawning, only with a fresh coat of pant and new costumes. Then there's the early 90s, but everyone always forgets those.

Nothing you will see this year is unprecedented. Just because there's an expectation for amazing doesn't mean there will be (except maybe in New York... That can potentially be spectacular).

• Like 1