HHN XX Speculation II

there was a hint posted a while back concerning the owner of the lantern. That whole "Flames of Fear" bit, if any of you remember.

So...maybe the lantern is owned by fear itself? Or maybe it's Fear personified. I think definitely whoever is the OWNER of this lantern is going to be our icon, whether it's somebody we've never met before or one of our old returning pals for years past. Although, if you think about it, how could any of the old icons be in possesion of the lantern if they are clearly within it? Just a thought....

My gut's just telling me that somebody...or something....owns this thing and they will be our "guiding light" into this new era of darkness I've been hearing so much about ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Boris Shuster, He was never confirmed dead was he? He was last known to go visit with Dr. Anga and that was it.

He could be the owner of the lantern, and decided to light it this year and release the horror that it holds. just thinking outloud....I think.

On the most recent update from Horror Night News over on YouTube, Mistress of Burden (who should post here more often. We miss you Raven) said that the scareactor from SS 22 called "Spector" was actually a misspelling for Spectator.

She suggested that Spectator + Hockey could imply a "Hellish Hockey Game" theme for the house. Although I would love to see a house filled with the screams of insane hockey fans, I think we should take care not to get our hopes up until we have all the facts.

It was also suggested in this latest video that just as code names may be used for scareactors to cover things up, easily removable props might be set up by house locations to mislead extreme fans so they would not actually enter them. Thus it was theorized that the swingset and trikes by the Jaws Queue could merely be a red herring.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

With the Swing set, Wagon and Trike out there I am surprised that it was not picked up on earlier that it is way to early for outside props to be in place in an area that is in plain sight in a guest area. Facade construction is always out of guest areas until after RTU.

And for those who have not been watching, or have not subscribed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWhH4OQaY4s

To me, the idea that scareactor names are not only codes names but codes names that do not even pertain to the description of the scareactor seems a bit paranoid and complicated. Combine that with fake props and faked set code names and it sounds like the event is becoming a conspiracy theory event...

Seriously if they were trying THAT hard to try and keep the event under wraps... then why even bother speculating? Forget any hype because the event would be completely unkown. I highly doubt that all this is the case. At least I hope not. I would lose all intrest in the event until I know what's going on. I can't speculate on lies and thin air.

On the most recent update from Horror Night News over on YouTube, Mistress of Burden (who should post here more often. We miss you Raven) said that the scareactor from SS 22 called "Spector" was actually a misspelling for Spectator.

She suggested that Spectator + Hockey could imply a "Hellish Hockey Game" theme for the house. Although I would love to see a house filled with the screams of insane hockey fans, I think we should take care not to get our hopes up until we have all the facts.

It was also suggested in this latest video that just as code names may be used for scareactors to cover things up, easily removable props might be set up by house locations to mislead extreme fans so they would not actually enter them. Thus it was theorized that the swingset and trikes by the Jaws Queue could merely be a red herring.

maybe the outside props are actually for the inside and they're just outside until major construction is done and they do the detail work on the inside?

What about Boris Shuster, He was never confirmed dead was he? He was last known to go visit with Dr. Anga and that was it.

He could be the owner of the lantern, and decided to light it this year and release the horror that it holds. just thinking outloud....I think.

Boris is still alive, has a nice home in Amity actually. (I'm not kidding, for the boat ride portion of LT they pointed out his home as part of the event)

I doubt he would have anything to do with the lantern however. I am hoping that LT makes its return to investigate the paranormal activities associated with the park once again.

I think it's pretty much mutral that we would all love to see the Legendary Truth return. I just think if they're going to do it, they need to hurry up and do it soon. We're a little over a month away from the festivites and we still pretty much have nothing confirmed about this year! I think having LT would help us all out a great deal, actually :]

Somebody mentioned the Janitor maybe being this year's icon: with him being a strict guy who inforces the rules of the museum and, if not obeyed, he brings the museum to life to punish? That was mentioned a couple of pages back but I highly highly doubt they would do this. It's identical to Julian's story line and repeating story lines would be even more silly than if they had yet ANOTHER whole year based around Jack the Clown. (Actually, that would be more depressing than silly, don't you think? Hah)

And yes Dr. Jimmy, I don't know how acurate that little tidbit of "Flames of Fear" was either, but it made alot of sense to me. Like you said, it would explain the title of this year's event and it could actually prove to be an interesting back story, if you let your imagination run wild on it for a while :P

Guest EmericBelasco

Legendary Truth will be reappearing shortly. It would appear that they are expanding their influence into the social networking realm.

Hmm. Dr. Jimmy, you seem to be suggesting that SS22 will be somewhat related to the Caretaker or Cindy... or maybe I'm just reading too much into your italicized words.

Given these clues about SS22 I think the setting is either a sports complex or a school with a hockey team. I think a sports theme house has some potential, maybe a underground bloodsport league

To me, the idea that scareactor names are not only codes names but codes names that do not even pertain to the description of the scareactor seems a bit paranoid and complicated. Combine that with fake props and faked set code names and it sounds like the event is becoming a conspiracy theory event...

Seriously if they were trying THAT hard to try and keep the event under wraps... then why even bother speculating? Forget any hype because the event would be completely unkown. I highly doubt that all this is the case. At least I hope not. I would lose all intrest in the event until I know what's going on. I can't speculate on lies and thin air.

I totally agree. I think people are getting a little paranoid. Giving vague and/or mildly misleading character names, such as Pinnochio/Chucky from last year? I believe it. But deliberately giving wrong information just to throw people off seems silly, and like an awful lot of work.

EDIT: So apparently people are being told at orientation that about 70% of the roles are code names. But even still, there's a difference between a code name and a flat out lie.

Edited by MartyMcFly

I totally agree. I think people are getting a little paranoid. Giving vague and/or mildly misleading character names, such as Pinnochio/Chucky from last year? I believe it. But deliberately giving wrong information just to throw people off seems silly, and like an awful lot of work.

EDIT: So apparently people are being told at orientation that about 70% of the roles are code names. But even still, there's a difference between a code name and a flat out lie.

i agree. in my opinion, the names have to have some relation to the role, and they likely won't make sense until after more information is known. the pinnochio/chucky example fits with that, because pinnochio is a pretty good code name for a "living doll" if you ask me.

i'm all for a little secrecy. not casting 20 something people under the name of "Jason" (looking at you, HHN 17) and something a little more debatable helps keep the element of surprise. but completely misleading the people who are paying for the event seems not only like a really paranoid thought, but also a really bad idea business-wise.

putting up fake props seems like an enormous waste of time and money to me, but i'll bite. i'm not convinced in the slightest that the ones in disaster are fake. should any of the props be fake, the ones in jaws do seem to be the easiest to remove. i like the childish feel that it gives off, so i am really hoping its not the case.

all that being said, maybe i'm just being defensive because i happen to like the way some of the roles and their areas of the park seem to be coming together. who knows at this point. i just hope we get some concrete information soon!

Edited by val

I keep noticing a hockey house being made. I doubt this would happen but if it did I would be the happiest guy in the park. They could keep it really cold and pump in smells of the rink like food and the smell of the ice. I know you guys are thinking what is he talking about the smell of the ice? If you ever go to a game and sit rinkside there is a certain smell that occurs due to the zamboni. It's just me playing hockey my whole life that would make this house great for me.

For those who do not feel like checking HHNRumors, here you go:

According to numerous tips, Michael Aiello has been caught saying, at the new employee orientations, that about 70% of the roles given out are code names due to message boards and fan sites.

My response - Ouch.

Here is my take on it - Roles we know that will return: Chainsaws.... I wouldn't say that it represents the entire 30% of the non-coded roles, but its a good portion of them. For all we know he could have been clowning around with the new employees in hopes that they wouldn't reveal their role.

The names have been speculated as being code names for some time, and I also believe the items outside Jaws are a ploy by Universal to throw speculation toward Cindy, keeping us from getting to close to the actual theme.

And After many requests, I alsol got an interview with the Cindy caine on Facebook, Is it a fan having fun? Or is Universal using FB as a Media outlet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYGPT3I2HJQ

Edited by Pha_Q

Hmm... when she said "more to the lantern than you think" did she know about the already hardcore speculation about the pictures and the flames? Or is there more to it than just the icons' faces in the lantern..

And I wonder whats going to happen on Aug 1st, cause I was assuming an update would happen today but maybe we won't get the environments part until then instead.

Then again Dr. Jimmy said some interesting clues were going to be released soon.. Aug 1st perhaps?

Edited by DarkFoama

The following post contains radical and possibly demented speculations which most likely represent my having too much imagination and time on my hands, but perhaps these will turn out to be so crazy that they are true?

When I read the following quote from our friend Anton, something popped out at me, I have emphasized the phrases in question:

I'm inclined to believe that past HHN characters will be playing a larger role than a mere "Best of" House and/or scarezone. Since 2006 I've been expecting them to do something similat to Sweet Sixteen in 2010. Based on the fact that they went through the trouble of hiding their faces in the lantern, and on some of the remarks Dr. Jimmy made, I do think that they will be taking a more active role in the event and story than just appearing as cameos. Particularly since I haven't seen any information pointing towards a new master of ceremonies.

This suddenly reminded me how A&D have been tying all houses at events together with little throw away easter eggs. Remember how every house in 2003 had the number 13 hidden in it somewhere? How every house in 2005 contained the Terra Cruentus symbol?

Or more to the point, how Bloody Mary made a little cameo appearance in most of the houses in 2008?

Reading about Icons making cameo appearances gave me a really weird and twisted idea, suppose that all of the houses this year are all new? But that each house contains a surprise cameo appearance by an HHN character from the past? In other words one room in each house will contain a scene totally unrelated to the rest of the house! A "shadow of the past" as it were.

Then, we could see Jason in SS 22, Freddy in Jaws, Mad Hatter in Parade, but the rest of the house would have nothing to do with them!

Just an insane and completely unlikely idea from my over heated brain.

Hmm. Dr. Jimmy, you seem to be suggesting that SS22 will be somewhat related to the Caretaker or Cindy... or maybe I'm just reading too much into your italicized words.

Really? I thought I was just talking about hockey. Please take care how you read into my posts, I wouldn't want anybody raising cain over them!!!!

Hmm... when she said "more to the lantern than you think" did she know about the already hardcore speculation about the pictures and the flames? Or is there more to it than just the icons' faces in the lantern..

And I wonder whats going to happen on Aug 1st, cause I was assuming an update would happen today but maybe we won't get the environments part until then instead.

Then again Dr. Jimmy said some interesting clues were going to be released soon.. Aug 1st perhaps?

Actually what I said was that the information that I have been given will likely be discovered soon by others as I suspect that Universal can't keep it under their hat for much longer. I did not have any particular date in mind, nor did I mean an official release of any kind.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Ha Ha your right maybe my choice of words sucked there. How about place in the moonlight. You know what I meant though I hope she is focused on. If she isn't the icon I hope she is featured prominently in the park. I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie either.

Don't mind me, I'm just making jokes.