HHN XX Speculation II

Didn't see anyone mention it, but wtf is with them including "The Projectionist"? Talk about random characters I never expected to see again! he was only in that one post-event movie, right?

LoL Yeah, that was weird, I never saw him before today when i checked, was he even at the event on 06 in any way? I don't remember seeing that video where he appears before either

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a crazy far-fetched idea and obviously wouldn't be the case, but I figured I'd throw it out there for convo lol:

What if the new characters/icons took over HHN XX?

For example, right now were seeing characters that are suppose to be here this year for a reunion year. Almost like a happy (as ironic as that sounds) little event with the old icons :rolleyes: . But the new icons are planning to kill this years icons to start the "new era of darkness." Think of it like Freddy vs. Jason style - bad guy against bad guy. In succeeding, the new icons take over HHN and terrorize everyone who enters - showing how they torture each icon (a house for each icon being tortured). They show their evil power over the event and warp it into a whole new type of evil and scare, where they then plant the new seed for horror creatures to be born.

I know it sounds crazy! It was a random thought that popped in my head lol

But, what if!?

It would be cool if they did some kind of plot twist that non of us were expecting though! ;)

For some reason, this idea makes sense with the Disaster house if a clown is involved with what appears to be a grungy garage/body shop. Perhaps this is where ol' Saucy Jack meets his maker at the hands of his own brother, and Eddie takes center stage he so desperately deserved.

Maybe with Cindy it's a bit different, as she still has nightmares about everything that happened at the infamous funeral parlor, including the Nightmare Man himself - her own father. Maybe she finally overcomes her fears and offs Old Man Caine to redeem herself...or maybe continue in her father's footsteps?

LoL Yeah, that was weird, I never saw him before today when i checked, was he even at the event on 06 in any way? I don't remember seeing that video where he appears before either

I saw that video a bunch of times because my friend was obsessed with it and made me watch it over and over (she thought the projectionist was awesome), but most people didn't see it unless they checked the site after the event had ended. And he never actually appeared in the event that I'm aware of.

I dont know if anyone said this yet, But excellent work Mr.JWFearman.... could you do me a favor and pm me the original frames that you got these icon faces in (since there are sixty, and i am very bad with computers, i wont know how to stop the frames or anything). I just wanna see how Clear the images are from an original frame.

Thanks they are in the first link "decompiled the images"

A&D members themselves, including the guy in charge of websites, read this site and laugh at people who start examining every single detail for hidden clues and pictures. Guys, they don't do that.

Well I thought the void in the flame was weird... I didn't think it was intentional. .. however somtimes in the unintentional you find what is intended :). But you are right, He told me directly at hauntCon they laugh at the crazy speculation and somtimes throw in stuff just to mess with us.

On another note I had request for the videos... I'm not going to take the time to download them again, convert them and repost them.... BUT I'll give you the links

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/flash/links/movies/caretaker_video.f4v

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/flash/links/movies/caretaker_video.f4v

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/flash/links/movies/WelcomeToCarnivalCarnage2_a.f4v

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/flash/links/movies/director_video.f4v

You'll need adobe FLV player to watch t

An Observation:

it says "Iconic era 2006 - Present"

this confuses me in that some of the best ICONS came before 2006.

Also to the present could be inffered as "up till now" or "including this year"

... just a thought... if I say I've worked at my job 2006-present (which I have) that means I am currently in that job

Edited by JWFearman

Oh gosh, every year, for the past 3 years now there is a rumor that goes around about a wedding with Jack and Chance.

Actually the first mention of it was in Jan 4 2009, 01:03 PM.

Not sure if it will be 19 or 20 but a wedding will be upon us in the next 2 haunt seasons. So all you Jack Lovers better get ready for the party, and all you Jack hatters just chill.

Yes our good friend Jack will be wed, not to the previously mentions Jill, But to every Male Horror Night fans delight Chance will be the Bride. Yes Jack and Chance will be tying the knot.

As I said it was unsure if it would be 19 or 20 but the invitations are already being planned.

But now with the departure of JMR I am not sure if it is still on the table. The information came from a very reliable source, over dinner at his favorite restaurant. How do I know this, I was the one having dinner with him.

Edited by C_D

Actually the first mention of it was in Jan 4 2009, 01:03 PM.

But now with the departure of JMR I am not sure if it is still on the table. The information came from a very reliable source, over dinner at his favorite restaurant. How do I know this, I was the one having dinner with him.

This is true. I had an ill feeling of the whole event when I heard that Jack was most likely to return for HHN XX but then JMR suddenly decided to move onto other opportunities.

Who's to say this wasn't all written before last year's event? (I remember being told at Orientation that the event is planned over a year in advance). Maybe he already made his choices for HHN XX... And thinking that Jack is his intellectual property, he would've limited rights to what they could do with his creation. But I wouldn't doubt Universal has their hands way down in his pockets to be able to keep Jack as their staple Icon. Although they have others to rely on, who knows what could happen... Didnt really expect what they brought us for Sweet 16 myself. And I believe that some "minor" icons/characters will be getting the highlight this year... Mainly for the die-hard fans like us who pay attention to detail and SHOULD appreciate the Projectionist. Yea, he's a dumb character, but who's to say he isn't running the whole thing this year...

Every time I try to look up old characters from HHN or Icons and what not I get the same ones.

If we think icons will back does that mean all minus bloody mary? So, Jack, Storyteller, Director, Crypt Keeper, Caretaker, maybe an Usher?

Then a few of the characters that came with the icons.

Anyway, I was looking for pictures of these icons and what not and I can't find any of the Crypt Keeper. And the ones I do find, look exactly like the Caretaker. I've found pics from the movies, but I'm trying to find pictures from the actual event. Or am I just crazy and have no idea what he looks like? Hmmm... Can someone please help with my confusion.

Maybe all the icons aren't coming?

Every time I try to look up old characters from HHN or Icons and what not I get the same ones.

If we think icons will back does that mean all minus bloody mary? So, Jack, Storyteller, Director, Crypt Keeper, Caretaker, maybe an Usher?

The Crypt Keeper was a maketing ploy. I never saw him in the park. But he will be back as theat ship sailed years ago. But he looked exactly like he did in the show/movies...

You basic icons are simply Jack, The Caretaker, The Director, The Story Teller, The Terra Queen, Bloody Mary (assuming not back), and the Usher.

Edited by JWFearman

The Crypt Keeper was a maketing ploy. I never saw him in the park. But he will be back as theat ship sailed years ago. But he looked exactly like he did in the show/movies...

You basic icons are simply Jack, The Caretaker, The Director, The Story Teller, The Terra Queen, Bloody Mary (assuming not back), and the Usher.

I thought there was a little bit of a debate whether the Terra Queen was the icon or not that year... Because we had the Story-Teller as the marketing icon, but the main attraction and theme among the houses/streets was Terra Queen... Was this ever really cleared up or figured out?

true what the above conversations say what happenes at a wedding???? family comes together to celebrate the joining of two people a reuion of somesorts and what are all the icons to each other if not family this wedding can come into play somewhere along the lines but idk how they will tie cindy into this.

I thought there was a little bit of a debate whether the Terra Queen was the icon or not that year... Because we had the Story-Teller as the marketing icon, but the main attraction and theme among the houses/streets was Terra Queen... Was this ever really cleared up or figured out?

I believe what happened was that Orlando's A&D team planned everything around the "Terra Queen" being the HHN XV Icon. However, the Universal marketing team had other plans and focused the ad campaign around the "Storyteller."

You could be right and he may not have appeared in the park, but I seem to recall he was in the Dungeon of Terror in 1995 and then in 1996 in another house and also had his own float in the parade.

But memory plays tricks, I only went to HHN one night each year back then and it was many many years ago.

You could be right and he may not have appeared in the park, but I seem to recall he was in the Dungeon of Terror in 1995 and then in 1996 in another house and also had his own float in the parade.

But memory plays tricks, I only went to HHN one night each year back then and it was many many years ago.

Vey true Doc and I could be wrong as well I just don't remember him being a big part.

On a unrelated note:

New Udate:

Barber in the Jaws queue

Edited by JWFearman

I believe what happened was that Orlando's A&D team planned everything around the "Terra Queen" being the HHN XV Icon. However, the Universal marketing team had other plans and focused the ad campaign around the "Storyteller."

From my understanding, the Storyteller was created after A&D was unable to get everything for the Terra Queen (costumes, props, etc.) ready to start doing all the marketing stuff, so they ended up having the Storyteller made up by Marketing and thrown in to fill in the void while they kept working. Hence why the Storyteller has barely made any appearances outside of the advertisements.

The Terra Queen is essentially an unofficial icon.

he did have his own house and appeared in both, and and also hosted the Knights of Terror stunt show... He definitely had a presence in the event

(its a personal favourite two years)

Remember, we have no idea whether or not some of these names are just codes. They did that last year, and the code names were convincing enough that some people believed that Chucky's house would have Pinocchio in it. Especially certain things like "Con man" and "Nightmare Man".

This is a crazy far-fetched idea and obviously wouldn't be the case, but I figured I'd throw it out there for convo lol:

For example, right now were seeing characters that are suppose to be here this year for a reunion year. Almost like a happy (as ironic as that sounds) little event with the old icons :rolleyes: . But the new icons are planning to kill this years icons to start the "new era of darkness." Think of it like Freddy vs. Jason style - bad guy against bad guy. In succeeding, the new icons take over HHN and terrorize everyone who enters - showing how they torture each icon (a house for each icon being tortured). They show their evil power over the event and warp it into a whole new type of evil and scare, where they then plant the new seed for horror creatures to be born.

I know it sounds crazy! It was a random thought that popped in my head lol

But, what if!?

It would be cool if they did some kind of plot twist that non of us were expecting though! ;)

i think this would be one of the cooler ideas that anyones had so far.

true what the above conversations say what happenes at a wedding???? family comes together to celebrate the joining of two people a reuion of somesorts and what are all the icons to each other if not family this wedding can come into play somewhere along the lines but idk how they will tie cindy into this.

maybe cindy is the flower girl :P

he did have his own house and appeared in both, and and also hosted the Knights of Terror stunt show... He definitely had a presence in the event

(its a personal favourite two years)

Well then I stand corrected. I was 18/19... Lordy that was a long time ago...

Agreed some of those houses are still my favorites :)

Regardless we know he wont be back. We could debate the icon/not icon thing on him, the Story Teller, and the Terra Queen so let just say they had a presence. :)

Edited by JWFearman

Isn't true speculation where we respect other's opinions? Anything is speculation, no matter how crazy the information is, so just have fun without the bitterness. :)

I love speculating! I love the way-out ideas! I live for the insanity! What is up with all the grumpy? I got grumpy one time and my post was deleted ASAP. Where's a moderator? I cry foul!

Uh...

I really just jumped in here to tell you how cool I thought your sig pic is; JW and you should work together sometime.

Mae

ps...Maybe it is a reunion...but the scariest of all...it will be at WDW!!!

Edited by Mae

A barber? Didnt they have a little barber/sweeny todd shoutout in body collectors back in '08? Idk if the two are connected, I just can't remember if that was the house that had it.

To answer your question, yes, one of the scenes from BC two years ago was an homage to Sweeny Todd. But again, these roles could be code names for all we know (I wouldn't be surprised).

When it was revealed that "Ice Queen" would be in the NY scarezone along with many former Frankenfrat boys who would have chainsaws I was puzzled about how such a character could "fit in" the urban NY area.

When she last appeared she fit in quite nicely with the theming of the Lost Continent, but New York?

But now, after seeing the image of her with her army of Orcs in the new Characters section of the website I suddenly recalled something I had read many years ago.

In The Hobbit, J. R. R. Tolkien introduced the Orcs, then called Goblins and mentioned this interesting fact about them:

“...that they invented some of the machines that since tortured the world, especially the ones that kill a large number of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them.”

So let's say that a portal has opened from the Ice Queen's realm and she invades modern New York with her army of Orcs, based on Tolkien's description of Orcish behavior how long would it be before they adapted to new exciting weapons with which to terrorize the panicked New Yorkers?

Orcs with Chainsaws would be awesome!

In addition the website had two separate pictures of the 2003 character Incubus, one with his coterie of Succubae. The figures of an Incubus and Succubus are demons who appear to a victim as a beautiful member of the opposite sex, usually late at night in the bed chamber. There they seduce the mortal into illicit affairs and then suddenly transform into their true demonic form.

Such a being could easily be thought of as a "con-artist", don't you think?

Now on to another subject, Bryan was the first to post about the Jack and Chance wedding as he said. It was most definitely not a rumor that's been around since 2007 as some have claimed. This is why I have always given this scenario far more weight than most.

Although it now appears that the nuptials will probably not be the focus of this event, as Chance is to appear this year, I think it would be a nice way to "say goodbye" to Jack by having the couple married off, perhaps in the Hollywood Blvd. scarezone.

Or, a show with the happy event could work out nicely especially if after they both say "I Do" and are pronounced Clown and Wife, Eddie comes running in and dismembers them both with his chainsaw! Then they could depart HHN in style and have a Happy Honeymoon in Hell!

But, what if!?

Yeah This Idea, I think it was discussed before because I remember I wrote that I would love to see a New Icon Getting back at the old Icons, and I also wrote I would love for the Icons to get a taste of their own medicine, being tortured, the victims of a new Icon through the houses, :)