HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unconfirmed

But I just got a message about a Clown cast in Jaws. Talk about a monkey wrench being tossed.

Wow, IF this ends up being confirmed then that just throws everything in a loop. I'm starting to get the feeling as well, that all these cast names are just code names. Well, we will find out soon enough what Uni has under there sleeves =)

There is a major horror release for Universal this fall, M. Night Shyamalan's new film, Devil. Although it would seem to be a difficult picture to make into a house as much of the action occurs in an elevator.

WHAT?! A new M.Night film?! How did I miss this?!!! I LOVE M. Night...don't judge. Thanks Jimmy...I now have to research this flick, I had no idea he had a new one coming out so soon...YAY!

I will say it again If you didn't do HHN 16 you may be happy with a rehash of the event but ifyou did I don't see being Happy if they redo that again. All will be answered soon and then Universal can turn the Hype machine on.

HHN 16 was one of the better of the last four years in my book. Overall great ambiance and fairly decent houses. And if they do decide to something similiar, there's no telling what the interpretation for XX will be, something tells me it will be completely new with only a hint of the past. For the 20th year it would be nice to take a look back and see how far the event as come along with some of the namesakes that have made it as horrific as it has been!

OMG, scariest experience at HHN EVER! I will never forgot that "thing" that rubbed against your legs, and this was in the house Insanity.

That "thing" that rubbed up against your legs...AHHH!!! That was the single most scariest thing that I've ever experienced at the event as well...talk about a well done house.

Edited by Hush

I agree with thestranger, I'll be honest I Havent seen the crazies but I have been told the gist of the movie and tent 2 reminds me of what I was told. Also one thing I have been thinking about and it's kind of a stupid observation but I know that in the preview I saw there was a pitchfork being drug(?Grammar correct?) so maybe this pitchfork casted person is the person inthe preview carrying the pitchfork?? Please do keep in consideration that I haven't seen this film so I could be completely off the wall.

Edited by gatoralex

I agree with thestranger, I'll be honest I Havent seen the crazies but I have been told the gist of the movie and tent 2 reminds me of what I was told. Also one thing I have been thinking about and it's kind of a stupid observation but I know that in the preview I saw there was a pitchfork being drug(?Grammar correct?) so maybe this pitchfork casted person is the person inthe preview carrying the pitchfork?? Please do keep in consideration that I haven't seen this film so I could be completely off the wall.

'

in the movie during a military quarantine an infected townsperson started killing people with the pitchfork after the gov't left and the people were still being strapped in the beds so the names mentioned hint toward that, but thats assuming that those arent code names

Here's a little tidbit for ya...

I was at Universal today for vacation and I tried to do some snoopping (turns out Im not as good a spy as I think -___- I didnt even have the heart to sneak over to SS 22 and 23 lol) However, I did catch a glimpse at the tent set up in between MIB and The Simpsons ride (you get an excellent view of it when u exit simpsons, btw) and I saw something that appears to be a rock pillar/towers they're making for the entrance.

I was really hoping to come back with some juicy gossip for you, but thats all I got :/ And Im not sure what to make of that either because I dont remember any of the codenames we received for that location...then again, my brain's fried from being in the hot FL sun all day ROFL

Treaks are going to be at thisyears event. Those things freak the hell out of me....

But Im pretty much convinced that Cindy is going to be at this years event. Probably not as the main icon, but Iv convinced myself we're going to see her somewhere this year xD

Not the main icon, but yes. She will certainly have an important role.

Here's a little tidbit for ya...

I was at Universal today for vacation and I tried to do some snoopping (turns out Im not as good a spy as I think -___- I didnt even have the heart to sneak over to SS 22 and 23 lol) However, I did catch a glimpse at the tent set up in between MIB and The Simpsons ride (you get an excellent view of it when u exit simpsons, btw) and I saw something that appears to be a rock pillar/towers they're making for the entrance.

I was really hoping to come back with some juicy gossip for you, but thats all I got :/ And Im not sure what to make of that either because I dont remember any of the codenames we received for that location...then again, my brain's fried from being in the hot FL sun all day ROFL

I'm going this weekend, so I'll see if I can spot anything juicy. ;-) I'll be sure to bring back some pics!

people are slow if it isnt being handed to them

I think the majority of the people here would rather NOT have every bit of info made obvious.

Besides, I like making people think. It's so rare in this country :)

Not everybody wants it handed to them-I think its fun trying to figure it out :] It's like a big mystery; plus, I have waaaay too much fun speculating haha and yeah cody, keep 'um thinking. After all, it's ot illegal.....yet :P haha

Sprung Tent 2:

- Facade

Scene 3 - Observation Deck

Scene 6 - Military Storage

"Pitchfork", "Bed Victims", Patients, "Full-Dow" & "Half Dow" - masked scareactors with shaved heads

REMINDS ME OF "THE CRAZIES"

-_-

It was a pretty awesome scene in the movie but im not sure the overall feel of helplessness the scene created would work in a haunted house where you spend maybe 30 sec at most in a scene. I am interested to see if the pitchfork means an actual pitchfork.

Once again though, I have a feeling this house wont be too close to the crazies based on the dows but we'll see if maybe some inspirration caries over.

Edited by strangeoneout

This year is going to be much more movie-free than the last few. Start thinking of more original ideas, stuff made in-house. Don't just jump to the first film you can think of.

I agree. It certainly makes for boring speculation if the first thing people do is just assume its a movie house or try to relate it to a previous house. We have all this information on the Hollywood scarezone, a possible greek house and other small tidbits that we could be speculating on but all people want to do is talk about how they think psychoscareapy is coming back, or the Crazies, or how excited they are because they think for sure Freddy is coming back. Im all for letting people speculate till the cows come home but it get annoying to hear the same thought over and over even after it's been stated by people in the know that they are way off.

How about this for speculation: Universal is holding auditions on saturday and sunday this week for various acting roles for Bill and Ted, Halloween Horror Nights, and Grinchmas. However, theres no official audition for the RHPS tribute. Could this be confirmation that there will not be RHPS this year or is it possible they will secretly cast the show from those auditioning to sing in the Grinchmas show?

Edited by strangeoneout

Start looking through the icon's backstories. There's something pretty important in there.

From the construction thread to here because it's more appropriate...

Well, both Eddie and Cindy both have fires in their original backstories. However, Eddie's story was changed for him to be Jack's little brother, so technically that possibility was erased and he has only ruled over RUN now, so that's a dead end isn't it?

If I remember correctly... Cindy and her father's backstories both involve the fire (the burnt wood), but Cindy's original story had her running into the woods (trees) when that had happened with a disfigured face. Now, either her doll's face had melded with her own face after that or her spirit still retrains her flawless face, explaining her appearance in Shadows of the Past last year. What else do we have? A swingset? Children play on swing sets... but what of the valedictorian, Nightmare Man, and the bedclothes codenames? Cindy and the Boogeyman working hand in hand? o_O

From the construction thread to here because it's more appropriate...

Well, both Eddie and Cindy both have fires in their original backstories. However, Eddie's story was changed for him to be Jack's little brother, so technically that possibility was erased and he has only ruled over RUN now, so that's a dead end isn't it?

If I remember correctly... Cindy and her father's backstories both involve the fire (the burnt wood), but Cindy's original story had her running into the woods (trees) when that had happened with a disfigured face. Now, either her doll's face had melded with her own face after that or her spirit still retrains her flawless face, explaining her appearance in Shadows of the Past last year. What else do we have? A swingset? Children play on swing sets... but what of the valedictorian, Nightmare Man, and the bedclothes codenames? Cindy and the Boogeyman working hand in hand? o_O

what about cindy being the boogey man?

I don't know if this has been brought up but maybe that "Body Shop" that they showed in the construction thread (You know, the one in the Disaster queue.) is going to be a RUN-ish type maze with Eddie? Looking at the past RUN mazes from HHN 11 (Correct me if I'm wrong.) and Sweet 16, they generally have taken place in a warehouse/ construction type of setting. Do you think a Run sequel (if you will) will be that "Body shop" maze?

I don't know if this has been brought up but maybe that "Body Shop" that they showed in the construction thread (You know, the one in the Disaster queue.) is going to be a RUN-ish type maze with Eddie? Looking at the past RUN mazes from HHN 11 (Correct me if I'm wrong.) and Sweet 16, they generally have taken place in a warehouse/ construction type of setting. Do you think a Run sequel (if you will) will be that "Body shop" maze?

I sure hope not. I, for one, hated the RUN maze from 2006. It was so forgettable to me that all I remember doing is waiting in line for it. I also am not crazy for the super gory houses (Leave It to Cleaver is the exception), so I guess to each their own!

Your right Cody and srangeoenout(sp?, on th iPod) I think it's just natural HHN human nature at least for me to think movies immediatly, shoot even when I tell people about HHN first I say the parks turned into a haunted house then I say they put you in your fav horror movies.

Anothe thing for me is that I felt that most of the movie based houses were done fairly well(I exclude PUTS), soo therfore that, in my head, means that if a house is base off of a movie I assume it will be done well, thus making a good event. I guess the originality people are expecting is an unknown area because it could be bad but it could be amazing. I like knowing it will be good so I don't have to wait a whole nother year for a new HHN.

Now I have never been to HHN where I felt it was bad, I felt every year exceeded it's predecessor years. I guess this rant was to justify why I immediatly think movies on some of these house, I don't know if it's the same for anyone else.

Now on to my question. It hasn't been brought up in a while but while reading the parts list over at rumors. I can't help but wonder what in the flying flip is going on in tent 1. I know I remember someone saying a possible tomb idea, I would like that I guess. With a kind of archealogical excavation feel to it. Any other ideas?