HHN XX Speculation II

Sure would be nice to post about the new website update in the website update thread... but it's locked.

Yep. Character section is now active.

About 3-4 videos and a bunch of photos. Including some minor characters as well, not just the major ones.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kay, so i might be reaching here, just an observation..

in the first video in the update, there's a woman... running around in "bed clothes"... seeing the caretaker in her "nightmare"...

also, fourth picture from the bottom from HHN XII... "knightmare"

sounds like some jaws que roles?

in the first video in the update, there's a woman... running around in "bed clothes"... seeing the caretaker in her "nightmare"...

The first video is closest.

Good point out on the video with the Caretaker.

WOW after seeing how that flame is really starting to grow from that small flicker to what it is now, it has me wondering...........

Maybe its not just the lantern, but also the FLAME we need to tie into this.

We do have some flame/fire references both in this years house clues,and Icon back story's.

Hades

The burnt wood

The Lantern

Cindys backstory

Caretakers Backstory

Are there any more?....there must be.....its been along day,I know there are more.

maybe not when the light goes out but what if the flames get brighter and burns the roots thats keeping the lantern sealed right off and all the evil and drakness is set free to once again bring terror and fear to the streets and releases something new to torment us in our homes...if you look at the roots they seem brownish then the greenish color when we got the email thats just my thought and the facebook page did say we will be getting something new and all this talk about a new era of darkness gives truth to that

maybe not when the light goes out but what if the flames get brighter and burns the roots thats keeping the lantern sealed right off and all the evil and drakness is set free to once again bring terror and fear to the streets and releases something new to torment us in our homes...if you look at the roots they seem brownish then the greenish color when we got the email thats just my thought and the facebook page did say we will be getting something new and all this talk about a new era of darkness gives truth to that

i agree with this fellow. although after looking at the new section of the website, it makes me think of sweet sixteen the way they set up the site.

i agree with this fellow. although after looking at the new section of the website, it makes me think of sweet sixteen the way they set up the site.

It won't be exactly like Sweet 16. Characters will be returning with important roles to play, but most of the stuff here is original.

My thoughts/observations on the update -

Good to see lots of minor characters getting represented (White Rabbit, Ice Queen, The Projectionist, Incubus, Nightmare, etc.), but there were some notable omissions. Chucky, Jigsaw, and the Wolfman are nowhere to be seen - and more importantly - Cindy, Eddie, and (sigh) Bloody Mary are missing as well. This is disappointing, as I was hoping Eddie & Cindy would at least have some recognition (since they have appeared despite not getting their own year as planned). As for Mary, I would hate to see her important part in HHN history going unrecorded due to copyright agreements... surely they could work out something where Mary could at least appear on the website for archival purposes!?

The increased intensity of the flame on the main page is interesting, and probably reveals the eventual progression of that page - the flame will grow larger and more violent, the roots will grow, and eventually the entire thing will burn down or perhaps as someone else suggested be extinguished, revealing a new era of darkness. Consider me interested, but I'm still disappointed there is no actual teaser site (the archival stuff doesn't count for me, I want a Mary's Journal/Palace Theater/Carnival Mini Games).

ok so i was reading about the disaster house and how there was a macanic (sorry about spelling) along with the car and garage so i did some reaserch and went on the hhn 16 website and looked up eddies house and it kinda fits cause there was oil and car battiery jumpers so im thinking in the disaster house we might see eddie return this year. just a thought

Hey Guys! So Universal updated the HHN websites "characters" section! Most of you checked out my article about the hidden characters within the lantern so I wanted to update and let you guys know that in the new characters section some of the creatures I found hidden within the lantern are on the update! Including the white rabbit, the bull-headed creature, jack the clown and many more! Take a look at the HHN update and then compare to the lantern I dissected.. I know it was a little hard to see for some but it seems like I did see somethings hidden after all ;-)

Here's the Lantern article

So what do you guys think all these characters are going to be up to at HHN XX?

Okay. Considering that Universal has given us so many original ideas, I have a feeling that even if the icons are used, it won't be repetitive. I mean, they might be making new houses which are giving the icons less significant roles, while maintaining the integrity of both the atmosphere of the house, and the cohesion of ideas. Also, I have some speculation about the lantern. Since the flame is glowing even brighter, it could do what H_P had said, and "go out", but not for an era of darkness for HHN 20. What if it is a marker for the dates of HHN, like a ceremonial counter? What if the lantern goes out after this year's HHN finishes. That would represent the end of the icons as we know it, like a final farewell. The fire can very well be a figure of the icons existence or presence. It kinda reminds me of the whole HHN 15 year.

Okay. Considering that Universal has given us so many original ideas, I have a feeling that even if the icons are used, it won't be repetitive. I mean, they might be making new houses which are giving the icons less significant roles, while maintaining the integrity of both the atmosphere of the house, and the cohesion of ideas. Also, I have some speculation about the lantern. Since the flame is glowing even brighter, it could do what H_P had said, and "go out", but not for an era of darkness for HHN 20. What if it is a marker for the dates of HHN, like a ceremonial counter? What if the lantern goes out after this year's HHN finishes. That would represent the end of the icons as we know it, like a final farewell. The fire can very well be a figure of the icons existence or presence. It kinda reminds me of the whole HHN 15 year.

I like what you're thinking! I also noticed the flame was brighter and I think that's a good theory that you have about it.

I like what you're thinking! I also noticed the flame was brighter and I think that's a good theory that you have about it.

Agreed and it works well with what my friend was on about a few weeks ago when talking about fire how it symbolizes life and regeneration (the one time I half-listen to their long talks about symbolism in dreams and life).

You're actually on the right track here.