HHN XX Speculation II

We have a Treak!

UPDATE: Treak #2

I will go ahead and assume Hollywood...

Treak as in one of Cindy's playthings? Perhaps Cindy will have a larger role in the event?

For those who may not know what a Treak is... (from Cindy's backstory)

TREAKS & FOONS - Warped combinations of circus freaks and cartoon characters, the mischievous Treaks and Foons thrive on scares. The odd creatures need the power of screams to feed their very souls.

Inhabited by TREAKS (females) and FOONS (males), this is place where nothing is as it seems and none of it is good. Neutered (and not very happy about it), bloated and full of nasty surprises, TREAKS and FOONS have genetically mutated and as a result, smile all time… ALL THE TIME. Their voices are gigglish gibberish and their conversations are playing throughout the island. They always carry “treats”; bouquets of balloons (which they will promptly pop in your face when they offer one as a present), bouquets of flowers (that spit), and all manner of hand pranks (hand buzzers, bike horns, popper guns, fake ketchup/mustard bottles, whoopee cushions, snake cans, noise makers, pizza boxes full of rubber dog doo, plastic puke lollipops, etc.) The ground is covered with pieces of blister pack bubble wrap and you never know when you’ll step on one that pops like a firecracker. They roller blade, bound around on bounce boots, and pop out of hiding places to offer their “treats.” As annoying as they are scary, by the time you get out of TWISTED TOONS, you’ll hope to never see a TREAK or FOON again.

Edited by Mutalisk

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so I just spent MANY hours reading through this entire thread, and I only have a few things to add:

I don't remember who said this, and I don't mean to revive a dead topic, but someone suggested that the icon this year, if any exists, would be someone along the lines of Hades, what with the possibility of a Greek myth house. I can easily visualize Hades sailing down the River Styx with the lantern on the front page of the website in his hand. One could also take things a step further and speculate that maybe the Grim Reaper or Death itself is the icon (again, if the icon is an actual person/creature and not an idea or the lantern). That's just my two cents.

And C_D... plz 2 open?

Treaks are going to be at thisyears event. Those things freak the hell out of me....

But Im pretty much convinced that Cindy is going to be at this years event. Probably not as the main icon, but Iv convinced myself we're going to see her somewhere this year xD

Hmm... Swing set, trees, nightmare man... Freddy? Naw. Jason? Nope.

Could be the boogyman, could have something to do with the Skool... what if Nightmare Man is the principal of the skool?

Interesting concept. I would love to see a Skool/Trick or Treat house. I just still think "Nightmare Man" and "bed clothes" scream FREDDY!! Although with the New Line thing...I dont see how it could be. Maybe Uni is making their own version...I dont know...or hell...maybe they are just trying to mind @#$% with everyone.

Greek Mythology house seems to be a sure thing. And other houses being a compilation of past years. Like I think theres a 2009 house...

I'm still trying to put the Disaster queue specs together...and seriously its hurting my head. Psychoscareapy? I've had this discussion with my roommate...we dont think a relatively popular house would be placed in the Disaster Queue. A mental asylum or an actual hospital? Maybe. On the other hand...the van and garage door....a chop shop? I heard there was a role called "mechanic" in there. But what confuses me is how the role called "Carny" fits in to any of that...

Like I said I think Uni is making up names to confuse everyone.

I would not look for a Freddy V Jason House, the powers that be at what was once New Line Cinema, will not allow that to happen.

The team here at hhnrumors.com did do some heavy research on this. We found that after the purchase of the NLC by Warner Bros, the NLC licensing department was disbanded and that the powers of said dept transferred to a central WB office. The small New York office of NLC's licensing was run by a bunch of people that were passionate about their properties and would take great care and consideration to find and agree deals with other companies that maximized the publicity of their icons but also did the best to hold them in the best light.

However, this small niche office is no more and the properties are managed in a large Hollywood office now. We contacted the new office (we can’t give names out) and it was made apparent that the new office has one person responsible for all 3 franchises. After many emails and calls we spoke to said person and he couldn’t tell us anything contractual but he did mention the fact that WB is less protective of its properties and does much more to create exposure for them in the future.

Now what makes this more interesting is the fact that this person had only been in the role a few weeks and yet he knew all about HHN, he knew the mazes in Hollywood each year and he was VERY familiar with the Carnival of Carnage. He made it clear that he talks regularly to NBC Universal and he also said that WB would love to ‘continue their reciprocal relationship.’ That’s all we could get out of him. Asked directly whether they would be at HHN Orlando this year, he said flatly, “Maybe.”

Later, Chad and I spoke to JMR over the WB dealings. Again he could not confirm or deny anything but he did say that WB are much more open to new ideas than NLC were. He also told us he had pitched an idea of a Freddy Vs Jason house but it was voted down by A&D. JMR left shortly after to pursue his freelance career so was unable to provide us with any details of this year’s HHN due to the fact that it was still all open and had not been finalized when he left.

In summary: The 3 NLC characters could be back anytime and anywhere. It felt to us that Warner Bros wanted them back more than A&D does, but that is just my opinion from talking to these people week after week.

If we hear anymore on this topic be sure to find it right away at www.hhnrumors.com.

I hope this clears the Freddy Vs Jason rumors up! :)

Joe, Be sure to check with Sean Cunningham at Crystal Lake Productions, Anything done with Jason Voorhees has to meet his approval as he controls the rights to Jason.

And on the Treaks, the role is Turick not Treek, and is cast in a house (From CSW)

Edited by C_D

Is that the way the casting is spelled?

Because the word meaning a ghostly figure or apparition is actually spectre. Spector is a surname as in Phil Spector.

Now he would be scary!

OMG HE'S TERRIFYING!

I will never scoff at Freddy or any version of him. I loved the 2007 house and would be happy as Hades to have him back!

Spectres and shades and ghosts are all pretty much the same thing. Is this the house with the 'army of Hades'? Or is that 23? Either way, the dead folks that do not cross the river Styx are referred to as all three names. They sort of wander around, lost and aimless. They are more sad than scary, but I suppose if they all got mad at one time things could get ugly.

Course, if I have the wrong soundstage, all of that is moot.

Mae

OMG HE'S TERRIFYING!

I will never scoff at Freddy or any version of him. I loved the 2007 house and would be happy as Hades to have him back!

Spectres and shades and ghosts are all pretty much the same thing. Is this the house with the 'army of Hades'? Or is that 23? Either way, the dead folks that do not cross the river Styx are referred to as all three names. They sort of wander around, lost and aimless. They are more sad than scary, but I suppose if they all got mad at one time things could get ugly.

Course, if I have the wrong soundstage, all of that is moot.

Mae

Mae, the "Spector" is in a different house than the Greek house, one of two soundstage houses that remain quite mysterious. Spector is probably just a misspelling as this has happened before, remember how Pleasantville was oddly spelled as Plea Sant Ville last year? Or the TCM house in 2007 that was variously spelled as Flesh Wounds and Fresh Wounds?

But maybe, just maybe this could be a clever code word for a character to appear in a house themed to classic Rock n Roll? Will there be a twisted evil version of the Ronnettes performing a Satanic 'Wall of Sound" in there?

Joe, Be sure to check with Sean Cunningham at Crystal Lake Productions, Anything done with Jason Voorhees has to meet his approval as he controls the rights to Jason.

And on the Treaks, the role is Turick not Treek, and is cast in a house (From CSW)

Turick? The only Turick that comes to mind is the photographer who organizes mass photoshoots of people nude in public places! Somehow I doubt this is what is intended. This is the sort of name that smacks of being a code word of some kind. I wonder which house it is supposed to be in?

Okay, so if Treak #2 is confirmed then I'm nearly positive that it will be in Cast B. I've heard many parts from the Hollywood Street, and I've not heard of there being more than one of a certain type of character per cast. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Now with Treaks and Foons though, it may be possible that there may be more than one? But I would doubt it, I think it's safe to say that it's the SZ that will be showcasing some of the best of the best from the past 20 years. There are some other characters that are coming back besides the ones that are just listed to... Unless those names are code names. Once I know whether or not they are code names, I will definitely post them.

If what I have called "Side A" is correct and we do turn out to have a movie house or two this year, it seems to me that what has usually happened in recent years was that a Universal released horror film either just released on DVD or in or about to be released in theaters was chosen. This would create corporate synergy and cross publicity for the film and event.

There is a major horror release for Universal this fall, M. Night Shyamalan's new film, Devil. Although it would seem to be a difficult picture to make into a house as much of the action occurs in an elevator.

But, remember years ago a scene in a house where you were enclosed with a few other guests in a dark room as dogs growled, barked and snapped at your ankles? And one of the sprung tents has an Observation Deck which has been theorized by some as being in a highrise building? The scareacter name pitchfork suggests a rural setting which has caused some to suggest a movie house based on The Crazies, but what if pitchfork is a code name? It could easily be a code name for the Devil.

PS are people just not reading before they post? C_D already said that Treak was actually Turick.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

When New Line had the franchise characters they told Universal how to use them and what to do that year. Don't believe me ask the scarectors who were told not to take pictures in costume that played these characters. They told Universal not to let any of there characters be seen together as it would confuse people. Also there were Many pissed guest who thought they were going to get pictures taken with Jason, Freddy and Leatherface...Didn't happen they only got JACK. I am not a fan of redoing the new line Houses unless Universal has complete control of any of it. I will say this Robert Englund is coming to Spooky Empire Ultimate Haunt Weekend in October in Orlando. The last time he came was when HHN did the New Line Houses, so my be a coincidence maybe a clue.

I will say it again If you didn't do HHN 16 you may be happy with a rehash of the event but if you did I don't see being Happy if they redo that again. All will be answered soon and then Universal can turn the Hype machine on.

If what I have called "Side A" is correct and we do turn out to have a movie house or two this year, it seems to me that what has usually happened in recent years was that a Universal released horror film either just released on DVD or in or about to be released in theaters was chosen. This would create corporate synergy and cross publicity for the film and event.

I wouldn't mind a movie house, but I would prefer that there isn't one this year. I like your idea from your YouTube video saying about the houses that are hinted off of movies like, Interstellar Terror. Or something like that.

If

But, remember years ago a scene in a house where you were enclosed with a few other guests in a dark room as dogs growled, barked and snapped at your ankles?

OMG, scariest experience at HHN EVER! I will never forgot that "thing" that rubbed against your legs, and this was in the house Insanity.

I know you all won't listen, but I really think just about ALL of these roles are code names, to throw us off. Well, maybe not Hollywood, those seem to clear to be codes, but they could be too.

OMG, scariest experience at HHN EVER! I will never forgot that "thing" that rubbed against your legs, and this was in the house Insanity.

I know you all won't listen, but I really think just about ALL of these roles are code names, to throw us off. Well, maybe not Hollywood, those seem to clear to be codes, but they could be too.

What year was that?

Thank you Kim, Great minds think alike.