HHN XX Speculation II

I guess that settles the garage Speculation. now I wonder what the theme will be.....

Mentioned this in construction thread, but the Disaster house could be a play on words with cars and be called:

The Body Shop

Kind of like how Leave it to Cleaver's butcher shop was kind of a front to use humans for meat, the Body Shop would seem like a place to get your car fixed on the outside, but it's really a place to collect your body on the inside -- sort of like a gory Run type house theme inside. I don't see this idea fitting in to an overall theme of fear through ages, but would go along with the idea of mostly new house concepts.

Edited by PopularDumpling

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your looking a little to much into it. I'm only focus on the main icons.. Jack, Caretaker, Director, Storyteller, and Julian.

Are those icons in the area of the lantern you said you found some? I think I found Julian's flashlight in the orange/black lines but I haven't deciphered anything else.

•UPDATE: Cast Body Bag - Jaws

•UPDATE: Mechanic #2 - Disaster! (source: HorrorNightNightmares.com)

•UPDATE: Full Dow* - Tent 2 (source: chainsawwolf)

•UPDATE: Half Dow* - Tent 2 (source: chainsawwolf)

•UPDATE: Ghost - Cast B - SS23 (source: chainsawwolf)

•UPDATE: Patient #1 - Tent 2 (source: chainsawwolf)

•UPDATE: Chainsaw #11 - New York (source: chainsawwolf)

•UPDATE: Chainsaw #3 - New York (source: chainsawwolf)

Speculate and discuss

Notice the wording on that first one "CAST" body bag...

I'm perplexed on the Full dow and Half dow...

perhaps it is the size of the mask? (fullmask half mask)

Edited by JWFearman

Mentioned this in construction thread, but the Disaster house could be a play on words with cars and be called:

The Body Shop

Kind of like how Leave it to Cleaver's butcher shop was kind of a front to use humans for meat, the Body Shop would seem like a place to get your car fixed on the outside, but it's really a place to collect your body on the inside -- sort of like a gory Run type house theme inside. I don't see this idea fitting in to an overall theme of fear through ages, but would go along with the idea of mostly new house concepts.

That is a very good idea and one that keeps in line with Universal's sense of humor. I can totally see this being an option!

Mae

what does everyone make of the castings for the jaws house?

# UPDATE: Bed Clothes - Jaws

# UPDATE: Valedictorian- Jaws

# UPDATE: Nightmare Man #3 - Jaws

# UPDATE: Cast Body Bag - Jaws

there doesn't seem to be ANY sort of cohesive theme here.. maybe a NOES-esque feel? but you guys are better at putting things together than i am.

"full/half dow" reminds me of some kind of animal...

Speculate and discuss

well seeing as the Full and Half Dow's are roles with shaved heads, i wouldn't imagine them having masks? I may be wrong, but whats the point of shaving someones head for a role, to wear a mask. Definitely some interesting roles, and where be interesting to see more.

The more I think about it I dont think where going to visit Cary, Ohio this yr. However it could come back in the future.. it is one of those unfinished storylines.

So now maybe that its a body shop, I dont forsee maybe PS coming back in that location.

Also I've only found 2 icons in the lantern, I'll look some more but maybe as they update the site more will be shown.

Speculate and discuss

Well it would seem to me that the casting of a ghost in the Soundstage 23 house, already spoken of to be a Hades/Underworld house, supports that previous speculation. Whether it's a ghost in a River Styx setting, or just one roaming about the underworld is just yet to be determined though. Very interesting.

And so for Tent 2, we have 'bed victim', 'pitchfork' roles along with the scene names of 'observation deck' and 'military storage'. Accompanying them now, is a 'Patient' and 'full/half dow'. The 'patient' I get, but not the other. Could the 'dow' in those roles be an abbreviation or otherwise interpreted as D.O.W.? If that were the case, what would each letter be?

All of the speculation over Carey, Ohio seems to me to be a dead subject. Potter had all of A&D consumed and they did not go on a "Retreat" this year for planning. I think we are in for something New and wonderful this year, with a short but sweet farewell to the past.

Already been said that Carey would not be visited this year. As for a "Body Shop" Sounds plausible, and the things being found in the lantern, Did we not go thru the same with the mirror in 08? people seeing things that were mere coincidence, nothing more. Truth be known the lantern has a "Nightmare Before Christmas" look to it. I am sure if a picture was released prior to the website and a hint to Nightmare Before Christmas there would be things seen in it related to NBC. Just saying.

Well, when I think patients, obv I think of a doctor's office.

Full/half dow...somebody mentioned that means shaving the heads. They usually shave the heads of people who are about to have any sort of brain surgery or are on strong medicine that makes their hair fall out.

Maybe it's some sort of deranged doctor's clinic where they're performing weird expieriements on patients? Idk just a thought :P

Already been said that Carey would not be visited this year. As for a "Body Shop" Sounds plausible, and the things being found in the lantern, Did we not go thru the same with the mirror in 08? people seeing things that were mere coincidence, nothing more. Truth be known the lantern has a "Nightmare Before Christmas" look to it. I am sure if a picture was released prior to the website and a hint to Nightmare Before Christmas there would be things seen in it related to NBC. Just saying.

People have sworn they have seen stuff hidden since 05 and I herd A&D thinks its funny cause they never hide anything in the teaser. However this yr they could of for all we know.

As I said I've only find Caretaker pocket watch and Storyteller glasses. The pocket watch says 8:40 which represents a sad face, compare to 11:10 which is always a happy face.

I have a pair of the storyteller glasses from 15 and it the blood splatter on it looks the same as it does in the image.

Yeah, I'm torn on the whole "seeing stuff in the lantern" train of thought. I can definitely see the "Storyteller's Glasses," but I'm not sure about the pocketwatch. Most of that other stuff seems like wishful thinking. I can definitely see the resemblance between the top of the lantern and "Davy Jones," as someone said. I'd almost say that it's a little Cthulhu-like, but that seems like a really obscure choice for such a mainstream event as HHN.

Then again, Cthulhu is (according to Wikipedia) "often referred to in science fiction and fantasy circles as a tongue-in-cheek shorthand for extreme horror or evil." You could do worse, I guess.

Edited by BigChippah

OK,the whole dow thing has me confused.

From what I found it could mean one of the following.

Dow is the offspring of a cow and a yak.....

or it could be used as an intransitive verb (able or capable).......so that the character/person is "full dow" fully able to do something , or "half dow" half able to do something.

Other than that....I,ve got no idea

Edited by bonovox

I still think that we are going to see a history of terror.

I think this can and will encompass everything that people are speculating and hoping for.

This terrifying trip could very well take us from Greek Myth, to Fairy tales, and even to modern day urban myths and Movies.

They really could incorporate anything they wanted into this living breathing history of fear. They could even do this through the use of some of their most popular house from the past if they wanted to ie: scarytales, dungeon of terror, or horror in wax. They could even find a way to use all if not most of their Icons.

This could be the most detailed,inventive, and immersive event to date.

Okay, so here is some random speculation on tent 2. So now we have Full Dow and Half Dow as two roles in the house. I took into consideration we have a possible military theme and I typed DOW MILITARY into google. One of the results was that DOW is a common military abbreviation for "Died of Wounds."

So it's possible the role title refers to individuals who have died from being attacked or wounded some how. One would be a full body figure with wounds and the other could be the classic half body corpse that is still living.

However I also tried to think out of the box when I discovered a name of a character called Dow Cook from an old comic series called Fusion. Here is a description of the comic from wikipedia:

The world of Fusion is centuries in our future, when a series of galactic wars have led to a spiraling arms race between "tekkers and splicers" — that is, between those who take a technological and technocratic route to improving humanity, and those who have abandoned humanity altogether through genetic engineering. The story involves the exploits of a group of space mercenaries in an era when humans who have not been enhanced either genetically or cybernetically, are becoming extremely rare.

And here is a character description for Dow Cook:

Synthetic human bio-engineered invulnerable to shock and trauma and with enhanced self-healing ability.

While the information on the comic is limited, but I wonder if any individual in the series who has been cybernetically enhanced is refereed to as a "Dow." This works for roles titled Full Dow and Half Dow cause it could mean a person who has been fully altered and a person who is half altered.

Here a photo of the comic:

Fusion-12_cover.jpg

Edited by strangeoneout

it be intresting to see a millitary scene in a house gun shots explosions loud noise = scares it worked last year in wotld in a house i can see it deff working. think of it as this with the wounded part people crying out for help in the middle of a war torn scene. grab your attention to the left to the right a soldier pops out firing rounds that no guest saw coming its a simple scare that im sure has been done this is just what i think would be cool to see and is my two cents on what id like to see.

Gotta disagree with the Fusion hypothesis, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a scene with half-dead persons, pitchforks, patient victims, military persons, etc could only point to The Crazies. It was a a HUGE hit in the horror genre which involved people becoming half-dead, a great scene with victims strapped to beds as a "Crazy" went from bed to bed stabbing them with a pitchfork, and the whole thing was orcestrated by the government.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Gotta disagree with the Fusion hypothesis, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a scene with half-dead persons, pitchforks, patient victims, military persons, etc could only point to The Crazies. It was a a HUGE hit in the horror genre which involved people becoming half-dead, a great scene with victims strapped to beds as a "Crazy" went from bed to bed stabbing them with a pitchfork, and the whole thing was orcestrated by the government.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Well I can say with 100% certainty that it is not a house based on the movie the Crazies cause there are no movie houses this year. I am not saying that the house is based on the comic or even inspired by the comic but I think there are things I mentioned worth thinking about in terms of speculation.

I want to know WHOSE lantern it is, personally. As Dr. Raymond stated earlier, 2008's event showed us Bloody Mary's music box (before we saw BM). Who carries this lantern? Or is it just a cool looking, but ultimately insignificant prop?

The whole 2 story house is nonsense...How are the guest in wheelchairs going to get to the 2nd story? Here Mr. Wheelchair person you can go backstage to our specially designed ramp that completely ruins your the atmosphere. And if they dont have that, what are they going to have? Two pathways with someone guarding the ramp? Its highly unlikely to have stairs in a house

Has it been in a house before?

Edited by Dr. DooMBoT