Pet Peeves about Horror Nights  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What is your biggest Pet Peeve about Halloween Horror Nights?

• People who scream at every little thing even when there not scared or no-ones around
    • People who bring there underage kids along ( younger then the age limit specified by universal)
    • Long lines
    • Lack of scares from the scare-actors
    • Mazes aren't dark enough
    • Mazes aren't long enough
    • All of the above

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pet peeve of mine is when people disrespect the scare actors and talk crap to them. Its so immature. And people bringing kids under the recomended age is annoying. As it is the 12 year olds are annoying enough lol. Oh! And one more pet peeve when someone gets scared in a maze and just stands there screaming, holding up the line.

My biggest pet peeve is when people like two groups behind you get scared at the same actor you did even when they saw him scare you and then they don't stop talking, "OMG! that was scary.... wasn't it scary... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

You should have made an "All the above" option. Because all the above are my pet peeves about HHN.

This is a pretty good poll idea, and since it could reflect both HHN Hollywood and Orlando, I've decided to move this to General HHN. I've also added a "All of the above" option.

1st. Line Breakers

2nd People who smoke in line

3rd people who are shocked that they can't take a drink in the house

4th people who take pictures in the house

5th people who ask the scarectors to scare them

6th People who don't know how to keep walking

7th People who talk on cell phones while walking in the house

8th People who get drunk and annoy everyone around them

9th Rude People mainly packs of 8-10 teenagers who think they run the park.

I voted for "People who scream at every little thing even when they're not scared or no one's around," simply because that's the one that annoys me the most. I'm really easy to scare and I used to get really, really scared and do a lot of screaming, but it was real. What annoys me is when people are acting absolutely fine, and then they see someone they know/want attention from and scream/drop on the ground/generally act like an idiot.

Not mentioned, but after last year, "Mazes that are too dark," would have been a close runner up. I could barely see in some of the houses.

Spook has a pretty good list. I only voted for the first option about people screaming at every little thing, because the poll option is asking what your biggest pet peeve is, which should only be one answer, not all of the above. But I like my ears, and people screaming at a lamp or a couch isn't funny in reality though everyone else in your party thinks it is. Real horror in somebody is funny, not fake crap.

I don't know, i put all of the above because choosing just one would be unfair to the other pet peeves,

Long lines are bad, but there's nothing you can do about it, they are annoying.

Mazes that aren't dark enough, yeah i agree, that was the problem with the Spawning, I loved the spawning, but the green lights plus the yellow lights, it was too much.

Little kids, they don't annoy me but I feel so bad for them, I remember being 6 and being so scared of monsters, or freddy Krueger, imagine if someone took you to see them, omg.

drunk people that cannot control themselves are the worst, because they think they're funny or tough, so waiting in line or inside the house they either make dumb jokes and wont shut up, or they act tough and start acting mean, insulting the scare actors or they try to start trouble in the line waiting, insulting people or smoking right on your face :(

Edited by black7mask

Screamers are usually teenage girls in the company of boys, who scream primarily for the boys' benefit. When you see small groups of girls or girls with boys who look like screamers (and after a couple of HHNs you figure out what they look like!) lining up, try to get on line far enough away from them.

Long lines may be tedious, BUT if the lines were all always very short that would mean the Event was loosing its popularity! Long lines means money spent and long life for HHN!!!

I think the scareactors have done a damn fine job over the past few years. If one house seems lackluster try to go through on the other cast, often that makes a difference.

Not dark enough? Well, for me at least this has never been a problem, I have had some of my very best scares ever in brightly lit rooms. A bigger problem for me is when a house is too dark and I can't see the bloody scares to begin with! Usually going through later at night alleviates this problem, so if you find a house "not dark enough" go through early before sunrise on a bright afternoon!

Not long enough? I believe the standard for houses has been 10 rooms, only occasionally do we get a 9 room house.

So, the only peeve that really concerned me on this poll was parents bringing in young children. Although I can do my best to avoid them and try not to line up anywhere near a stroller, just knowing that there are such parents always upsets me. What are they thinking bringing little children to this event? An infant's screaming always upsets everybody's good time at public places. This is why God created baby-sitters!

Outside of those listed I would also like to add unruly and obnoxious people, drunk or otherwise who do stupid things thinking it makes them look "clever" when it fact it merely makes them douchebags and spoils everyone's good time.

Like the horrible man who kept trying to scare all the zombies at Dead Exposure in 2008 and actually humped the statues in the park room of that house.

Or the worthless bastards who ripped the Necronomicon and Jack Daniels bottle off of where they had been glued down in Silver Screams last year.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I've gotten used to people screaming like crazy, and generally I just annoy the fuck out of them when they try that because it pisses them off. So I picked parents who bring underage kids; my mom and I want to make "BPA" stickers, standing for "Bad Parent Award", that we hand out to anyone who brings their little kids. I've seen BABIES, just a few months old, being carried through a scarezone. I believe that counts as child abuse.

If it was on there, I would have selected drunks. They're the worst kind of asshole because they NEVER STOP BEING AN ASSHOLE, and any attempt to get them to stop generally aggravates them and can cause them to become violent. A lot different than normal jerk-offs who can be threatened by security into submission.

IMG_3491.jpg

My friend had his "package" grabbed by Dog the Bounty Hunter's drunk twin sister! She was wasted, came up, grabbed his crotch and tried to take a sip from his drink (this was HHN 2008). Then when we all laughed, she kept it up and we managed to get one picture of her. She was heinous! As you can see, it was clearly still light out and she was wrecked.

Having said that, we are often drunk as we're 1600 miles from home and are a bunch of stupid guys letting loose...but we're also in our mid-30's so we're not complete assholes and don't feel the need to act like idiots in line and be LOUD AS HELL.

Of course, Mrs Dog the Bounty Hunter was 50+ and had no excuse!

Hm. I'm a terribly easy scare, and a teenage girl, and when something jumps at me, I scream. However, I'd never do it for attention or when nothing's around. So if you've seen me and been incredibly annoyed, I apologize.

Lines are a HUGE pet peeve of mine where ever I go, so that'd probably be the biggest. Otherwise I hate the vandalizing drunks, or people in general who abuse to scare actors (or try to scare them). Another huge one is line jumpers. Oh my lord, all of these grind my gears so much.

Hm. I'm a terribly easy scare, and a teenage girl, and when something jumps at me, I scream. However, I'd never do it for attention or when nothing's around. So if you've seen me and been incredibly annoyed, I apologize.

Lines are a HUGE pet peeve of mine where ever I go, so that'd probably be the biggest. Otherwise I hate the vandalizing drunks, or people in general who abuse to scare actors (or try to scare them). Another huge one is line jumpers. Oh my lord, all of these grind my gears so much.

oh you're right!! something i didnt remember, line jumpers are the Worst!! not only at HHN but at concerts as well, i try to go there early, stay for hours at the concert line and then someone in the front has like 10 friends that arrive 15 minutes before the show Grrrr :angry: (sorry about that) anyways cutting the line is not the only thing, the thing is that they are usually aggressive and mean as well.

If you scream, if is normal getting scared type of scream is ok, sometimes its even really funny, i remember a group of gay guys and some girls were in front of me, and that was the funniest to see all of them freak out so much, the whole group even fell down to the floor at one point, but they were not screaming at the top of their lungs. they were really cool.

but some girls just scream trough the whole house! even when there is nothing there, some girls scream when they see the security people standing in the corners, or seeing a scareactor far away, like they're not even near the scareactor at all but still scream just by seeing him, I remember a girl would scream at random props, like a chair or lamp or anything, at the top of her lungs, that's just bad

Edited by black7mask

PLEASE leave your small children and/or children that scare easily at home...end of story.

If you don't like Halloween, don't like scary events, don't like horror, etc. then again, PLEASE stay home...because your constant screaming, running into me in scarezones or crawling up my back in a house doesn't lend to me having a nice evening.

Easily my biggest peeve at HHN is the douchebags that try to crack jokes/harass the scareactors and act tough in front of their friends/girlfriends. I'm going to punch one in the face one of these days, and I'm not even a scareactor.

Edited by RaiZe

oh you're right!! something i didnt remember, line jumpers are the Worst!! not only at HHN but at concerts as well, i try to go there early, stay for hours at the concert line and then someone in the front has like 10 friends that arrive 15 minutes before the show Grrrr :angry: (sorry about that) anyways cutting the line is not the only thing, the thing is that they are usually aggressive and mean as well.

If you scream, if is normal getting scared type of scream is ok, sometimes its even really funny, i remember a group of gay guys and some girls were in front of me, and that was the funniest to see all of them freak out so much, the whole group even fell down to the floor at one point, but they were not screaming at the top of their lungs. they were really cool.

but some girls just scream trough the whole house! even when there is nothing there, some girls scream when they see the security people standing in the corners, or seeing a scareactor far away, like they're not even near the scareactor at all but still scream just by seeing him, I remember a girl would scream at random props, like a chair or lamp or anything, at the top of her lungs, that's just bad

I've only screamed at a security guard once, because it was extremely dark and my eyes were adjusting during the day and I nearly ran into him. ^^"

Can I add one? People who try to scare the scareactors. It isn't funny at all, it's annoying, and can get you thrown out of the house or scarezone, or at least a stern talking-to. And if touching the scareactor is also involved, it can get you kicked out of the park.

i got 2 actualy

1. People who feel the need to be loud and annoying in line and find it hilarious to do things to annoy everybody for the next 15 wait

and 2

just the plain rudeness people give to other guest, for example last year in hollywood we were in line for the halloween amze and they put Girls with snack stands so my brother and friend went to buy some soda so the rest of us let this group of girls go in front of us to wait for our friends and when they came this girl and her jersey shore looking boyfriend was yelling at my friend when he got back in line because we let the girls go ahead until her boyfriend shut her up after security walked by.

Drunks.

Especially the type of drunks that can't even walk thru a house and stop up the flow of the line. (It was in The Spawning, get it, flow of the line, flow of water.) I don't tell very good jokes.

I encountered one of those in Saw. He insisted that the scareactor's boohole was the way through the maze and was too drunk to see the real doorway (into the hallway with the black mattress things and hanging pig heads), so he started trying to force his way past the poor scareactor. I finally just grabbed him by the shoulders and practically threw him into the right hall.

Rude People. This counts for everyone who's rude not only the drunks or the people only rude to scareactors but a person in general who is mistreating employees or people in the crowd/line.

People who don't want to be scared. You paid your money to be scared every corner of the park so you better enjoy it and not threaten anyone including other guests like myself.