HHN XX Construction Updates

I've also gotta say, I'm getting the feeling that S'nS will be the "heckler" zone this year... y'know, due to the centerpiece platform and all. Assuming he's returning this year, I have a hunch that we might see the "Raptor man" cast there. Who's that, you ask? That's my nickname for the scaractor who played the Caterpillar in 2008 and one of the Vampaneze in 2009, due to his distinctive "raptor screech".

Haha, that's my friend. =]

I haven't asked him where's he cast this year though, so who knows.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would a gurney like that fit SnS or any of the other scarezones this year? Furthermore, putting it behind a railing makes it seem more like it's suppose to be a show and less of a scare.

It's starting to feel like Universal is finally getting back to emphasizing scarezones and putting little nods in other areas.

Haha, that's my friend. =]

I haven't asked him where's he cast this year though, so who knows.

He called me a kitty last year... :huh::lol: He's awesome.

To get back on topic though, the construction for Saws n Steam looks awesome, chainsaws are my favorite.

Edited by CubanGringo

He called me a kitty last year... :huh::lol: He's awesome.

To get back on topic though, the construction for Saws n Steam looks awesome, chainsaws are my favorite.

Haha, yeah. I remember that. He'd either said "Here kitty kitty" or "Blondie!!!" He's awesome. It got to the point where I would pick his "victims" for him. He's my favorite. =]

Anyway, I have a question. Is the SZ in Sting Alley an add on to Saws N Steam or is it it's own SZ? I'm so confused.

I believe Sting Alley will be a part of Saws 'N Steam, but not positive.

Hm, well if that's the case then the possibility of "Super SZ's" excites me. It looks like they're expanding them and making them bigger, which is a plus for me.

I'm personally not a fan of dead areas or "safe zones"

I'm sooooooooooo psyched for this year! As much as I LOVE the houses, I enjoy just doing laps around the park going through all the Scare Zones more. Last year was a real disappointed as far as the SZ's...this year is looking like they're going ALL OUT on them and I really hope they are. Nothing would make me happier than kick @$$ SZs.

Have a few beers and wander on through with my friends, making sure to look back at them talking making myself the perfect "mark" for the scareactors to tee off on. Looking like a GREAT year!

***EDITED to remove my stupid typos!

Edited by Oysterhead00

Hm, well if that's the case then the possibility of "Super SZ's" excites me. It looks like they're expanding them and making them bigger, which is a plus for me.

I also am pumped for the possibility of super scarezones. I hate the safe zones with a passion and wish that there was only a very small space of safe zones in the entire park.

Well patrick has come out and said that for this year, there are no "safe zones". I mean, I can only assume that sidewalks will still be considered off-limits. But who knows, maybe we have a green light to do anything, anywhere. Also, if that's the case, outside of SnS, this could mean the return of the park wide wandering CDT. (since they haven't nessacarily been confirmed to a particular area this year)

Well patrick has come out and said that for this year, there are no "safe zones". I mean, I can only assume that sidewalks will still be considered off-limits. But who knows, maybe we have a green light to do anything, anywhere. Also, if that's the case, outside of SnS, this could mean the return of the park wide wandering CDT. (since they haven't nessacarily been confirmed to a particular area this year)

Just pointing out the fact that they do say there will be no "safe zones" every year. we all know there are, and will be safe zones, or rather dead areas.

Yes, they have confirmed where the CDT members are... New York and Hollywood Blvd. NY is a full-on saw zone by the description on the website. Hollywood has been confirmed as having CDT members cast there as well... Although nothing has been publicly mentioned (yet) to the fact that they are there.

But I agree, the sidewalks will probably be off-limits, but I don't really see them chainsaws roaming, so thats not a worry.

Yes, they have confirmed where the CDT members are... New York and Hollywood Blvd. NY is a full-on saw zone by the description on the website. Hollywood has been confirmed as having CDT members cast there as well... Although nothing has been publicly mentioned (yet) to the fact that they are there.

But I agree, the sidewalks will probably be off-limits, but I don't really see them chainsaws roaming, so thats not a worry.

Yeah, i remembered hearing that we cast saws for both locations, but I didn't know if that was going to be a seperate entity or not, if they are spreading to multiple zones, that's pretty cool. I know SnS is going to be amazing, especially given the full size scope of it if it's going to encompass THAT much room. I'm just hoping to find a day that I can sneak out of my little area to come walk around and play. Will have to see what kinds of strings I can pull.

There are many props left to put out, and it's looking to be an amazing year! As much as I loved Horrorwood last year, I agree that the scarezones were small and weak, so I'm terribly happy to see some decent sized sz's and truly jaw dropping props and set decorations out so far.

I'm sooooooooooo psyched for this year! As much as I LOVE the houses, I enjoy just doing laps around the park going through all the Scare Zones more. Last year was a real disappointed as far as the SZ's...this year is looking like they're going ALL OUT on them and I really hope they are. Nothing would make me happier than kick @$$ SZs.

Have a few beers and wander on through with my friends, making sure to look back at them talking making myself the perfect "mark" for the scareactors to tee off on. Looking like a GREAT year!

Yeah I know, sometimes, around 9-10pm when the lines would be like 2 hours, I would sit near of scarezones (especially Streets of Blood and the Skoolhouse) and just sit and watch people get scared and see the actors, it was so much fun, I would stay there for a while, but 09 the scarezones were just ok, I did sit in front of some of them,But this year is just looking amazing.

Oh, I was thinking today, What about music? I mean of course there is no way to know this early, but, seeing the nature of the scarezones, specially Saws and steam, I'm just wondering so much what music would they play? I really hope that for [esqueleto Muerte they will still use scary music and not some cheesy music,

Edited by black7mask

Yeah I know, sometimes, around 9-10pm when the lines would be like 2 hours, I would sit near of scarezones (especially Streets of Blood and the Skoolhouse) and just sit and watch people get scared and see the actors, it was so much fun, I would stay there for a while, but 09 the scarezones were just ok, I did sit in front of some of them,But this year is just looking amazing.

Oh, I was thinking today, What about music? I mean of course there is no way to know this early, but, seeing the nature of the scarezones, specially Saws and steam, I'm just wondering so much what music would they play? I really hope that for [esqueleto Muerte they will still use scary music and not some cheesy music,

Last year I would use scarezones to help create scares on my days off (go ABU!). I'm not a tiny man, 6'3, 290, so I would wander over to LCH and stand there, a couple of the CDT would recognize me, And I would pull out my phone and start looking like I was texting, one of the team would come up behind me, and as soon as a group of people, or the lone straggler came over my way (Hey, look, a guy in the middle of the street on his phone, how bad could it be?) I would nudge with my elbow and from behind me would come a yell and the roar of a chainsaw. Rinse and repeat for a while. That, and a friend of mine was over at Cirque, so I spent a lot of time over there, was amazing to watch the scares.

I've always been a house man, but SZ's are just fun to be able to watch the atmosphere. I was really happy to get to work Die-in for one night.

Edited by Chemowasabi