HHN XX Construction Updates

Me, too! I'm dressing as a catrina for Halloween this year, with sugar skull make up and everything. I can't wait!

Mae

Ooo, very nice. Very, very nice. Does anyone know if the 'saws' be steampunked, as well? Or will they still look like Home Depot specials?

Mae

The saws never usually change unless they paint them. I have noticed they have a "preferred" brand or style they go with every year. That and they try NOT to buy new saws each year as they are one of the most expensive props in the event.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap. Well I did say New York needed a new memorable Scarezone. Those props look awesome.

I'm assuming since construction in the streets has started this early the streets should be hoppin' this year at the event?

Edited by NightlifeMike

That's a whole lot of stuff going up already. I thought only one of the streets (New York) was rehearsing next week. I can't help but think there is going to be a ton of stuff out in the park this year because they are going hard and fast on putting stuff out already.

Here's hoping the RTU brats don't destroy what's out there.

I doubt they'll destroy it. As others have said before... The parents/chaperones will get enraged and come back during HHN and throw Bibles at us. It does surprise me that they put these sets up so early, though. I like the idea, but I feel there might be some backlash for having it up so early.

Here's hoping the RTU brats don't destroy what's out there.

Wow you really hate us Christians... all I ever here around this time of year... :rolleyes: Like a bloody broken record.

Food for thought:

The reason I go in the first two weeks of the event is that the wonderful, drunken, mob of HHN destorys props inside AND out of scarezones... so i like to see the event before it gets trashed two weeks in.

I like how I come on this forum and others and try and contribute interesting and worth while content... but same time of year.. year after year. My family and friends get berated, ridiculed, and harrassed.

Edited by JWFearman

Wow you really hate us Christians... all I ever here around this time of year... :rolleyes: Like a bloody broken record.

Food for thought:

The reason I go in the first two weeks of the event is that the wonderful, drunken, mob of HHN destorys props inside AND out of scarezones... so i like to see the event before it gets trashed two weeks in.

I like how I come on this forum and others and try and contribute interesting and worth while content... but same time of year.. year after year. My family and friends get berated, ridiculed, and harrassed.

It has nothing to do with Christians... It's high school kids with no respect for other's property. If there was some other event before HHN it would be the same complaint. Get over it. The complaints come from everyone here... We just hate to see things destroyed before the event even starts... It's a proven fact that things get messed up around RTU.

Edited by SQUAREDsaw1

Although the RTU kids suck breaking props is something I don't see them doing. There will you know be employees that have to work too. I'm sure event staff will be there and probably some OPD officers. Event Staff is the reason that you don't hear about gigantic fighting mobs at Grad Bash and OPD well they are OPD. I've never heard of RTU kids breaking stuff, EVER. On top of that I can think of very few times that any Christians who were Anti-Halloween attended. I've heard a few stories about looney toons going on about HHN but I seriously think it's not an issue. If people are going to get offended by the props and they need them out prior to RTU I have faith in Universal that they will cover them up during RTU.

Yes... back to construction...

I remember in the conference call recaps that someone mentioned "open flames" in either a house or street. Which one was it? And do you think they will be using open flames in Hallow'd Past? Since it is supposed to be "the lantern" or something like it.

Yes... back to construction...

I remember in the conference call recaps that someone mentioned "open flames" in either a house or street. Which one was it? And do you think they will be using open flames in Hallow'd Past? Since it is supposed to be "the lantern" or something like it.

House if I'm not mistaken.

I really dont see a issue with Saws 'N Steam area because it just looks like machines with a platform.However I do see a issue with Esqueleto Muerte with all the skulls,voodoo & giant skeletons if they dont cover them up.However I do think they need this stuff for rehearsals esacailly with Esqueleto Muerte.

I don't see why this is even an issue, I, like jwfearman, am a Christian also and wouldn't be offended at all. And ifthere are people who are offended it doesn't matter anyway, allthey have to do is cover them, problem solved and time wasted on an issue easily solved.

But as has been mentioned I'm extremely excited they're starting early too, I feel like that because they are starting so early that it means the streets will be amazing, lots of props and whatnot, which makes me wonder about how amazing the houses will be because they have already been working in them for months.

I'm a Christian...I don't care about street props, lol. I know its entertainment, not some statement to persuade or anything. You can take it how you want I suppose. I'm a HUGE HHN fan and have been for years. This has never been an issue for me, street construction wise. As someone said, the streets MUST be huge this year if they're starting this elaborately THIS early.

Me, too! I'm dressing as a catrina for Halloween this year, with sugar skull make up and everything. I can't wait!

Mae

Very cool. I hope you share a pic when you're dressed up. Last October, my oldest son and I painted our faces like sugar skulls just for the heck of it one Saturday (and we had lots of Halloween make up :) ) It was a lot of fun making up a design.

The pics of Saws and Steam and very cool too. I expect the CSDT to be decked out for this, but it is a pity that "themed" chain saws are probably out of the budget. Still, it is coming along nicely and I wish I could get up to Orlando this weekend so I could see some of this in person but the mister is working overtime so it's going to have to wait til opening night.

All these pics have got me very excited for what we're going to experience this year.

Edited by Sylvanas

well, They could just paint the Chainsaws brown and gold, they wouldn't need to do a lot to them, a simple paint job would make them look really cool,

Specially depending on what the actors holding them will be wearing, I think if they have really cool costumes, the chainsaws could just stay the way they are now,

About the props, if someone complains esqueleto muerte is satanic, I don't know isn't this a very popular Mexican holiday, I mean I know is for HHN, but technically it still is

from the day of the dead, that's like the opposite from satanic.