HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look a bit like an ambulance, doesn't it?

haha, good one.

at least we get to see something, even though we have no idea what its for...its funny how the the disaster queue house always gives us a glimpse of something they are doing. seeing the exit of cleaver last year, they made no attempt to keep it out of view. i remember last year standing in line, and i didn't even ride the ride...im the only person standing staring, and no one else even cared or had a clue. oh the GP.

does anyone have any idea when we started seeing facade construction last year. i know this wont happen for awhile, but im just wondering.

does anyone have any idea when we started seeing facade construction last year. i know this wont happen for awhile, but im just wondering.

The chucky facade went up around june 26 i believe. Seems like the other sprung tent takes for ever to reveal the facade

I was thinking the same thing....

A van can be a lot of things. Universal loves to re-use props, especially vehicles.

The school bus from Texas Chainsaw Massacre was repainted for the Skoolhouse in 2008 and had a fog machine for Apocalypse last year. The Jurassic Park jeep was moved from IOA and flipped for Apocalypse. The Uni-Mog from IOA was in front of The Thing in 2007 and used at the entrance for Containment last year.

So don't try to think of any past houses when you see it. Certain props are going to be obviously meant for one particular house because of their specific theming, but the majority are used whenever it's cheaper than buying new stuff.

the van is interesting, also from what i can see in the pic, the room is not very large? i dont know, probably not.

One thing that would really scare me (and everyone else) but they would probably not do it is if they put some sort of prop below the car to come out when you're passing by, Whenever i have to walk through a parking lot, between cars, it always freaks me out the "what if there is something underneath the car" also i remember that Alligators hide under cars and bite people...

if they did something similar to that, that would would be horrific.

Well I wanted to say I am also new to the boards from the vault (don't know whats going on with it) but I see a lot of vaulters who have transfered as well :).

I love how all we see is a random van, Uni knows exactly how to tease us and keep us guessing because I have no clue what it is for... kinda reminds me of the Shady Brook asylum van, anyone else think so?

Wasn't there a crashed van or an ambulance that was used in the Psychoscareapy Home for the Holidays house back in 2007. Maybe this is the same prop...?

What are they going to do with that huge plane by the Disaster qeue? Are they going to move it to another place, or what?

They build around it(walls blocking the view of the regular Que props) from what I experience... the last two years when there was Disaster Que house which they did 4 years ago...

Seeing these pictures, I can already smell the rotting meat smell that they pump into the disaster queue every year :)

I imagine with a reunion year, this could be a repeat house of sorts but have new elements. For example: Scary Tales 1, 2, and 3. All the PS houses, Body Collectors, etc. Each was a redone house, but with new elements.

^^ Yeah, most of, if not all of, the big props in the Disaster queue remain in their spots and they build around them. Maze blueprints from Doomsday and LitC show the outlines of the plane and shark props in their respective places.

Edited by RingMaster

Don't know why I clicked on this thread as I usually avoid speculation and spoilers... I'm guessing it was my blue print sense tingling! I have all the prints from HHN 18 and seeing the print for Clever here makes me ask... Does anyone have the prints from HHN 19? PLEASE! If you have a copy or know of where I can get one them PLEASE let me know. I'm a drafter by trade (when I'm employed) and just really enjoy looking through the prints. It also helps me remember the houses that I really enjoyed.

Thanks...

have you went on a UTH tour before? I think every year they have let us look at the house plans sometime during the tour. and sweet 16 they had a lot of previous years houses plans to look at in the museum. if you like looking at those plans i recommend taking the tour.

Don't know why I clicked on this thread as I usually avoid speculation and spoilers... I'm guessing it was my blue print sense tingling! I have all the prints from HHN 18 and seeing the print for Clever here makes me ask... Does anyone have the prints from HHN 19? PLEASE! If you have a copy or know of where I can get one them PLEASE let me know. I'm a drafter by trade (when I'm employed) and just really enjoy looking through the prints. It also helps me remember the houses that I really enjoyed.

Thanks...

Here is a better picture of the van thanks to HHNRUMORS.

Doesn't look at all to me like a hospital van or asylum van anymore, looks more like a family's vacation van.

krte8.jpg

The first thing I thought of when I saw this is that in the 70's this would have been a perfect make-out van. Ever see Corvette Summer? Annie Potts' character was a prostitute that worked out of her own van! :lol:

885.jpg

I'm trying to remember vans in horror movies, just in case. ;)

Mae

My friend said on Wednesday or Thursday when we went to the park, the Jaws queue had a lot of burnt wood and such.

The only things I could think of would be screamhouse, frankenstein, or RUN. Screamhouse would probally go in a soundstage. Frankenstein would probally go in a soundstage, but probally won't come back. And RUN would make sense since the trailer park burnt down, but that would most likely go into Diaster! queue.

It's way too early to guess on houses this year though.