HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

yes. i think thats what the 5th maze would be is the wolfman. because it would be kinda hard too cram woods scenes etc all in a tight crammed area.

hence looking at the post on twitter from all the young HHN fans awhile ago Murdy said there is gonna be one original theme. But for uni that either means

1. wolfman

2. mummy

3. frankenstein

4. dracula

etc.

But it would be good to see something based off of the classic monsters for once.

Edited by gasmaskman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Hollywood hold their queues for the mazes? I looked on Google Maps & a park map, and it just doesn't seem like there's enough space around the maze to hold people. I've only been to HHNO, and their queue lines have to be at least 2 miles long!

universal tends to cram a movie franchise with like say 4+ movies behind it and squeeze it into tight confined area's.

the HOH is the biggest year round maze on the property.

MBV- was in the shrek Que line. a lot of things crammed into a small space.

Halloween- was in the wild west stunt show theater. more space but still crammed things in there.

Saw- behind the mummy ride. lil bit more space but as usual crammed with props, and scenics.

all in all the mazes are kinda short.

thats not what he asked and everything is not realy crammed and MBV was not in the shrek queue its in a tent on the gibson lawn the entrance, exit and line is in the shrek queue

And to anserw your question DOH

The queue for the mazes are

The Backdraft Queue

The Shrek Queue

House of Horrors has its own Queue

and the last is inside the abandon Wild West Stage going around the maze itself

most of the mazes are backstage so the lines are the only thing visable inside the park except HOH and WWW stage mazes.

yes. i think thats what the 5th maze would be is the wolfman. because it would be kinda hard too cram woods scenes etc all in a tight crammed area.

hence looking at the post on twitter from all the young HHN fans awhile ago Murdy said there is gonna be one original theme. But for uni that either means

1. wolfman

2. mummy

3. frankenstein

4. dracula

etc.

But it would be good to see something based off of the classic monsters for once.

Honestly unless its a remake a classic movie monster maze would be wasted on HHNH's crowd since it seems to draw modern Horror films the farthest it will go IMO are 70's

And how does Original theme mean classic? Original means Original concept and those 4 are about un-orignal as they come, and also Wolfman i can say im 90% certain its going to be HOH. Look we got 1 Orignal maze, 1 maze is wolfman, and 3 mazes that are outside property. Other studios will not give the right to there characters if there are shoved into the curse that is HOH, an orignal maze is impossible in HOH, and Uni has a history of useing there own movies in The HOH maze (Chucky and The Strangers) so all thing point to HOH

I honestly pray that if Wolfman is done, that'll be housed in the HOH.

I mean, think about it, if Wolfman has it's own maze, it makes the 5th maze idea lame.

That would be HOH and Wolfman we already pretty much know what to expect with only three pretty much original mazes to look forward to like we do every year.

Cram those two together and we're making way for 4 new mazes of different properties that haven't been done before, hopefully at any event.

For crying out loud, there's already a good forest scene in HOH that Wolfman resides today so just stretch that element a bit longer throughout the maze and I'll be satisfied as a clam. Heck, it might even be so close to the original HOH that it'll be the "free pass" of the night where now I only have to worry about the 4 new mazes, TT and shows, which could mean cutting out up to an hour of my time at the event which already feels limited. Only us regulars will know that while the newbies will be crowding up that line since it's the first maze they see while all the other ones are no wait! :)

I honestly pray that if Wolfman is done, that'll be housed in the HOH.

I mean, think about it, if Wolfman has it's own maze, it makes the 5th maze idea lame.

That would be HOH and Wolfman we already pretty much know what to expect with only three pretty much original mazes to look forward to like we do every year.

Cram those two together and we're making way for 4 new mazes of different properties that haven't been done before, hopefully at any event.

For crying out loud, there's already a good forest scene in HOH that Wolfman resides today so just stretch that element a bit longer throughout the maze and I'll be satisfied as a clam. Heck, it might even be so close to the original HOH that it'll be the "free pass" of the night where now I only have to worry about the 4 new mazes, TT and shows, which could mean cutting out up to an hour of my time at the event which already feels limited. Only us regulars will know that while the newbies will be crowding up that line since it's the first maze they see while all the other ones are no wait! :)

You're forgetting Talbot Manor and the streets of London. ;)

If Wolfman did get phoned in with HoH, what the heck can they do with it? I would absolutely cringe having the Wolfman jump out at me in Chucky's Toy Factory! How could they replicate the sets of London AND extend the forest scene in an already permanent maze? It would just suck having the Wolfman randomly phoned in there.

But whatever they do it's going to be a great event no matter what. :D

Edited by Freakazoid

Well maybe Universal should've thought of that when they made such a LAME MOVIE, lol, all joking aside, I think it would be quite funny to see Wolfie pop out in random places you wouldn't expect.

Or perhaps, Wolf Man Mummies or a Wolf Man version of Chucky. A Frankenstein's Monster made of wolf parts? Tell me that WOULDN'T BE AWESOME?

Well maybe Universal should've thought of that when they made such a LAME MOVIE, lol, all joking aside, I think it would be quite funny to see Wolfie pop out in random places you wouldn't expect.

Or perhaps, Wolf Man Mummies or a Wolf Man version of Chucky. A Frankenstein's Monster made of wolf parts? Tell me that WOULDN'T BE AWESOME?

Not really lol. I mean, the movie wasnt that bad. The unrated version was really good. The wolfman deserves it's own maze and not House of Horrors, but i have a feeling that is where he will end up. If it's true that truley is a shame. :angry: I hope they have Psycho as the theme of the House of horrors for HHN and have a Wolfman maze by itself. :D

Edited by horrorfreak100

Not really lol. I mean, the movie wasnt that bad. The unrated version was really good. The wolfman deserves it's own maze and not House of Horrors, but i have a feeling that is where he will end up. If it's true that truley is a shame. :angry: I hope they have Psycho as the theme of the House of horrors for HHN and have a Wolfman maze by itself. :D

Psycho will NOT be in HoH because of the "obvious" hint Murdy gave on the first maze. If he gave that hint for the HoH overlay he posted on Twitter, that would have been this fit in there; what's funny is that if the setting were to be going through the mind of Mr. Bates, HoH actually would have been the perfect location for the maze! Think of it; the "stuffing" room could work in the Chucky room, they could put some leaves hanging down in the "cave" portion to simulate rocks, etc.

Psycho will NOT be in HoH because of the "obvious" hint Murdy gave on the first maze. If he gave that hint for the HoH overlay he posted on Twitter, that would have been this fit in there; what's funny is that if the setting were to be going through the mind of Mr. Bates, HoH actually would have been the perfect location for the maze! Think of it; the "stuffing" room could work in the Chucky room, they could put some leaves hanging down in the "cave" portion to simulate rocks, etc.

Why is everybody taking those "hints" serously, and watch Wolfman is gonna be in HOH, and honestly I have to agree with DTH if its gonna be 5 mazes I rather Wolfman be in HOH.

And to anserw your question DOH

The queue for the mazes are

The Backdraft Queue

The Shrek Queue

House of Horrors has its own Queue

and the last is inside the abandon Wild West Stage going around the maze itself

most of the mazes are backstage so the lines are the only thing visable inside the park except HOH and WWW stage mazes.

Thanks.

I know I posted this only a few pages back but seriously, HOH, it has a psycho, mummy, chucky, wolfman, frankenstein, ect. (the classics and what I like to call them "semi-classics"). So as we've seen HOH is usually... bad. So I don't understand why they don't just theme it towards the classics and semi-classics. I know it would basically be the same as the year-round HOH, but it just makes more sense. Take Chucky: the Chucky theme worked great in the good guys factory, but nowhere else, because Wolfman's Forest is for the Wolfman, not Chucky. So just make it more intense and add a little more actors. Besides, with the money they save not trying to theme HOH to a certain theme could go towards the real mazes. Just take USO's Silver Screams logo and make it Silver Screams for USH, mabye minus Julian.

*I'm sorry if any of y'all don't like me "re-posting" this but with all this talk about HOH I thought I'd post it again. I'll delete it if it upsets anyone*

Like I said before, Uni ALWAYS lags with the updates on the site. Why should this year be any different? We're gonna get an update soon, and you'll all be disappointed; just like it is every year. We just need to play the waiting game and be optimistic. Until then go watch some horror movies :)

Like I said before, Uni ALWAYS lags with the updates on the site. Why should this year be any different? We're gonna get an update soon, and you'll all be disappointed; just like it is every year. We just need to play the waiting game and be optimistic. Until then go watch some horror movies smile.gif

hes right all were gonna see is the over all theme, Icon and Icon's house its barely gonna be july people we wont know everything till mid august

PRESS RELEASE IS HERE!!!

The 2010 “Halloween Horror Nights” 17 nights of terror will begin on Friday, September 24 and continue on weekend and other selected nights through Sunday, October 31. New content for the event’s expanded number of attractions, including five mazes, six “scare zones” and a new “Terror Tram” experience.

Universal Studios Hollywood’s favorite thrill-ride attractions will also remain open for “Halloween Horror Nights” nocturnal affair, many with menacing twists. Favorites include “The Simpsons Ride®,” “Revenge of the MummySM – The Ride” and “Jurassic Park® In the Dark.” This year’s event will also include a tram ride through the world’s largest and most intense 3D experience, King Kong 360 3D, created by Peter Jackson.

"The Evil Dead: Dead By Dawn" based off the Sam Raimi - Bruce Campbell collaboration that gave audiences "the most grueling experience in terror" is now going to be the "most grueling experience at Halloween Horror Nights." The character Ash will act as this year's "icon" and will also play a heavy part in the Terror Tram (more on that later.) The house's location is located behind the Revenge of the Mummy attraction on the lower lot.

"Last House on the Left: Grim Company" is the twisted journey through the horrors that can be found when Krug and Co. take over. Can you survive the horror? This time, you won't be able to repeat to yourself, "it's only a movie" because this time - it's real! Located behind the Shrek 4D attraction (which is not open during HHN).

"Wolfman and a House of Horrors" invites you to see the Wolfman's new lair, inspired by the 2010 Universal Pictures film The Wolfman and the original 1933 classic. Other horrors await in this house such as Child's Play killer, Chucky, Frankenstein's Monster and Bates Motel's lone resident, Norman Bates! Located within Universal's House of Horrors, a year - round attraction dressed up for the Halloween event.

"Dr. Jekyll's Creation: Mr. Hyde" is a Horror Nights original creation inspired by the literary classic "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." Encounter the viscous Mr. Hyde through the streets of London and Dr. Jekyll's other creations that roam the night. Located in a new location backstage of London Street.

"Zoolander: Mushu's Revenge" is the cult comedy's rendition of horror where you encounter numerous male models set to kill. Be apart of the modeling scene and get on that run way because it's time - to run away. Located in the old Wild, Wild, Wild West Stunt Show arena.

Now that you were partly excited, hopefully that holds you over until the REAL PR comes along.