HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

Halloween Horror Nights 2010

start up this bad boy and lets see what Murrdy is gonna bring us this year!!

so far here are the twitters posted so far

HHN Update - We have officially begun concept design for the first new maze for HHN 2010 at USH. This one is movie based...more to come

11:40 AM Mar 17th via web

HHN Update - Hoping to finish the concept design for the first of the new 2010 HHN mazes later today. Chris and I are close to finishing it

10:00 AM Mar 19th via web

HHN Update - My production designer & I have completed concept design on the first of the new mazes for HHN 2010. Now on to the treatment

5:56 PM Mar 19th via web

HHN 2010 UPDATE: Just finished the treatment and layout for the first of the new HHN mazes. Moving on to the next one...mwah hah hah hah

5:48 PM Mar 26th via web

HHN UPDATE: Finished concepting Maze #2 for HHN Hollywood 2010 yesturday. Writing the treatment right now. New theme we haven't done before

9:33 AM Mar 31st via web

HHN 2010 Update: Just finished designing maze #2 (writing the treatment, laying out the scenes, characters, fx, etc.). On to the next one!

6:49 PM Apr 8th via web

HHN 2010 Update: Heading out to a meeting at another movie studio. Suddenly everyone wants to work with us! Nice problem to have.

7:08 AM Apr 16th via web

HHN USH 2010 Update: Just closed the last deal, all maze themes are locked...now the real work begins. Deep in design. No rest till Nov!

6:16 PM Apr 23rd via web

HHN 2010 Update: Just completed the treatment for another maze. 30 pages this time! You'd think doing Twitter would make me write less!

4:09 PM Apr 30th via web

Uh oh. The HR intern is back outside my office. Perfect timing...about to go through an extremely violent hororr film scene by scene.

10:34 AM May 4th via web

HHN 2010 Update: Just finished the design for another maze. Taking a break from mazes next week, working on Terror Tram and scare zones next

2:57 PM May 8th via web

FYI - We're testing some new enhancements to House of Horrors this week @ USH. Added a new character to the finale and some other effects

7:35 PM May 10th via web

HHN 2010 Update - Just finished pitching some our maze creative at another movie studio. Got the green light to move into production

2:19 PM May 14th via

HHN 2010 Update - Just finished the treatment for the House of Horrors overlay. Working on scarezones and Terror Tram now.

5:27 PM May 18th via web

May 19: HHN 2010 UPDATE: All mazes are now conceptually designed, working on scarezones and Terror Tram now. Auditions will be in late July

anything new you guys might have post it upp!! :D we need more speculation!!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing as the hhnvault has been down for awhile now, it looks like this might be my new home...hello all.

might as well make this the new start! any info you can get bring it by so we can discuss :)

Not much info yet on the event, but press release is in a couple of weeks...so shouldnt be long till we get some exciting news.

Helloooooooo Horror Nights Nightmarers! I'm also a newbie here from the Vault. I'm kinda pissed that we're going to have to start the "building up" process of gaining Hollywood members once again, but so goes life. I asked DTH on MiceAge if he would like to join and I guess he's going to join the fun. I'll ask Socal if he wants to join here.

I'm pretty bummed that we're not going to get a Scream maze this year, but at least we're getting five of six mazes this year! (My money's on six.) At least Murdy's saying Scream is very likely for next year.

Notice if you look on there carefully he posted FIVE maze updates. Plus, he mentioned a few days before the HoH overlay the new idea to another studio. Here's the order.

1-HHN 2010 UPDATE: Just finished the treatment and layout for the first of the new HHN mazes. Moving on to the next one...mwah hah hah hah

5:48 PM Mar 26th via web

2-HHN UPDATE: Finished concepting Maze #2 for HHN Hollywood 2010 yesturday. Writing the treatment right now. New theme we haven't done before

9:33 AM Mar 31st via web

3-HHN 2010 Update: Just completed the treatment for another maze. 30 pages this time! You'd think doing Twitter would make me write less!

4:09 PM Apr 30th via web

4-HHN 2010 Update: Just finished the design for another maze. Taking a break from mazes next week, working on Terror Tram and scare zones next

2:57 PM May 8th via web

5???-HHN 2010 Update - Just finished pitching some our maze creative at another movie studio. Got the green light to move into production

2:19 PM May 14th via

6-HHN 2010 Update - Just finished the treatment for the House of Horrors overlay. Working on scarezones and Terror Tram now.

5:27 PM May 18th via web

By the way, my original name was supposed to be FREAKAZOID. Not Frakazoid. Am I able to change it? Haha.

Edited by Frakazoid

o wow, that got my stoked! i didnt know there was that great of a chance on having more than 4 mazes!!! helll yea!

I know! This year is going to be awesome with more mazes and longer Terror Tram!B)

I forgot to mention that Murdy also posted hints for the mazes he's working on.

Maze #1 hint: Movie based. Scream, stab, stab, chop, scream, stab, stab, gurgle plop. Psycho anyone?

Maze #2 hint: Original take (YAY!). Had its origins in literature and there have been several movies about it. It could be Dracula since Murdy is into classic horror. Especially if the first maze is indeed Psycho. If not then I predict a dark take on Alice In Wonderland.

Maze #3 hint: Bloody. VERY Bloody. For some reason, my gut is telling me the Wolfman. How else can you hint about it if it is indeed the WM without giving it away?

Maze #4 hint: There's a killer, there's blood, and it has teenagers in it. I don't think Silence of the Lambs has teens in it but does the Candyman have teens in it? :candyman: VERY doubtful it's Freddy since the NLC deal has ended.

EDIT: I looked at the trailer on YouTube and it looked like it had teens in it...:huh:

Maze #5: House of Horrors overlay: No hint. Whaddya bet it has Frankenstein in it?

But only time will tell since next month is the press release.

By the way, where the heck is everyone!? It's been almost a full 24 hours since anyone has posted on here!

Edited by Freakazoid

Now we pretty much know where the location of the fifth maze will be. (The Gibson Lawn.) Now if there was a sixth maze...I'm betting on a sound stage. Yes, I know all of the requests for a SS maze have been "shot down" due to Murdy's replies on Twitter. But notice whenever he replies to those infamous SS maze questions, he always answers them in present tense. "Sorry, just not in the cars RIGHT NOW." "I'd love to, but they're just hard to come by RIGHT NOW." I still have my fingers crossed for one; but only time will tell.

I hope they put some more effort into the house of horrors next year. That being said, this past year was a step up from '08, so hopefully they just keep on makin it better!!

Yeah. I mean if they can't remove/rearrange any of the permanent sets in there for HHN, they could at least make use for the space. They could puts some more sets in the room right after the spinning tunnel (I haven't been in HoH since it was Chucky's Funhouse from last year's HHN so I'm not sure if they've done anything from the "plussing" they did a few weeks ago.), put some new temporary walls where Franky's lab is and have a tarp covering up what's inside the walls so that when you cross the bridge you can't see what's coming below and they could have the lights out when you walk through the lab on the bridge, some stuff like that. Maybe they could also put some more sets in the Phantom of the Opera room.

So now let's talk Terror Tram. We know that it will be longer this year. I wonder if they are going to start off were the "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" is?

They really need to build a set in that empty bridge space after the spinning Wolfman tunnel and before the lower portion of the lab.. it's just a bunch of dead space and detracts from things, some scenery would be nice for that section of the House of Horrors.

That would be a good place to drop off, but then where would the tram cycle to. If we were to be dropped off at the "chicken ranch" the tram would still have to pass guests constantly. Also, there would once again be a long stretch of dead space while going up the hill from Wisteria Lane to Whoville. It can be a possibility that maybe guests can walk toward a little bit further from War of the Worlds and get picked up for the rest of it past the cabin at Falls Lake.

It would be nice to see some of the areas before Whoville and Bates Motel themed for the event, but you would also have to think of how it could effect the filming of shows that use those particular areas. But I don't think Universal can have them postpone filming just for HHN's general purposes... as awesome as that would be.

Hey, how did you hear the new maze space is the Gibson Lawn?

Hopefully people will seek this or the MiceChat site out. I've missed the HHN talk immensely :(

We don't know for sure...that's just a logical assumption.

Gah, I miss the Vault. Wonder why it's still down.. The site is running well, yet the forums are dead. Anyways, I just can't wait for the press release. Tomorrow is June and we'll soon know what to expect for this year's HHN! <3

Ugh! Seriously guys? Where is everyone! Nobody's posted anything all day! Normally on the Vault there would at LEAST be two new posts. :angry:

sorry for the late reply but 5 mazes wow!!! thats a very big step up!!! :)

and its expected they could AT LEAST put the maze in the gibson area if not then coke splash zone?

and as for the terror tram

im hinting that if they possibly can DUE to the release of the backlots burn areas after they have been restored they might possibly add it to the terror tram, yet then again its only a guess

if not then well im hoping the add more then just Killer Klowns pt 2 :P

but as for the mazes The NLC deal has NOT ended only hasnt been used again due to the fact that we've just used em the past years

now on that note my predictions are as follows

A Nightmare on Elm Street: A New Nightmare (based off the new version of nightmare on elm with hints of the original)

Psycho: (House of Horrors)

Wolfman is a possiblity but not likely due to the fact that it didnt get rave reviews

think people whats more bloodier than anyone can ever think of

think of a movie where pretty much screams the name blood

now for the literature maze ive researched both dracula frank and alice each have had more than 7 major titles made of of the movies with the exception of Alice having only 2

then again we have so many possiblites its almost endless

but im almost certain this year it'll go like this

5 mazes + Terror Tram

2 Shows RHPS and B&T

6-7 scarezones depending on room

main ICON for this year will most likely be the biggest named maze out there

in concept to past years : example: Freddy, Billy, The Director, Trio

so im glad to see the speculations coming along! bring any new info you guys can get :DD

i'll be on almost everyday :)

im hinting that if they possibly can DUE to the release of the backlots burn areas after they have been restored they might possibly add it to the terror tram, yet then again its only a guess

but as for the mazes The NLC deal has NOT ended only hasnt been used again due to the fact that we've just used em the past years

now on that note my predictions are as follows

Wolfman is a possiblity but not likely due to the fact that it didnt get rave reviews

think people whats more bloodier than anyone can ever think of

think of a movie where pretty much screams the name blood

I am VERY doubtful they'll have the NY Street open for the Terror Tram. It would just disrupt some filming going on. Besides, even if they did have this one year because there's not a lot of filming going on, people would be expecting it next year and would be gravely disappointed that it won't happen due to filming going on.

As for the NLC deal they can't use Freddy or each one of their characters solo; they have to use all three in order for the deal to be valid so I say no we won't have a Freddy maze I'm sure.

I'm reeeeally hoping for a Wolfman maze this year; I loved the movie even though nobody else did for some reason. :rolleyes: Besides, it's time Universal takes advantages of their own properties and not just phone it in with House of Horrors. Even if the film was not liked well, I'm sure the maze would still be a hit. Case-and-point My Bloody Valentine. Now this may be different since the film was successful, but a lot of the people that saw it didn't like it that much at all. Even when the news came that MBV was coming as a maze I thought, "MBV? What the heck is that? Oh! It's that weird movie that came out February!" Even though a lot of people didn't like the movie, they liked the maze. Same could go for the Wolfman. I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to have the Wolfman comin' at you with strobe lights pumping?

If the mazes are as you guys suggested: freddy,wolfman, etc. then you are suggesting that the 20th year won't be an "Sweet 16" style event, unless the scarezones/terror tram/shows will be based on previous icons

:huh:Um...HHN Hollywood (3.0) is only four years old...

That's why I said 3.0. :D

ahaha imagine in a couple of years when we have our HHNH:X HHNH:16 HHNH:20 0.0

lets pray to god we can keep it running this long :)

lets just hope to god next year or hell even this year we get SOME sort of ICON

not par say the past "icons" we've had

I think our icons are the movie characters that act as the face of each year... past the Director and Jack, of course. We've had Freddy and Billy/Jigsaw, possibly this year will be another major movie icon, like maybe the Wolfman or whatever they want to throw out there. I don't think Hollywood really puts the whole storyline icon into mind for the event anymore, although it might since Terror Tram seems to be the place where it's implemented.

So either they might borrow another Orlando icon, or just use a movie character.