Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

12 hours ago, ZombieTaco said:

What about some oldies but goodies like My Bloody Valentine,The Strangers,Drag Me to Hell, or Cabin Fever?

I think The Strangers should get their own house at this point. If you combine both movies into one house it would definitely have enough content to fill an entire house. The one or two rooms in Silver Screams wasn't enough for me

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

So surprised they haven't done one yet. It's a Universal film, zombies are fairly cheap and easy, and it's a cult classic.

Wasn't it used in an anthology house?

21 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Maybe a return of silver screams could somehow use the dual house?

They could do it like the die in scarezone in 2015. One run of classic characters and another with modern characters

1 hour ago, TheShape1031 said:

Am I the only one who didn't like Happy Death Day and has no interest in seeing a sequel and another Maze based on it this year? It seems like a lot of people enjoyed it, but it's just not my cup of tea I guess. 

Definitely not my favorite. It's more of a romantic comedy than a horror movie in my eyes. The section of the house was fine for what the movie brought to the table. I think a whole house based on it would feel dragged out.

Edited by killswitch22
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, killswitch22 said:

They could do it like the die in scarezone in 2015. One run of classic characters and another with modern characters

A tease for universal monsters for hhn 30! im almost terrified they would use blumhouse for modern characters tho.

2 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

Am I the only one who didn't like Happy Death Day and has no interest in seeing a sequel and another Maze based on it this year? It seems like a lot of people enjoyed it, but it's just not my cup of tea I guess. 

Agree completely. It was a major part of why I felt this year had a wee bit too much "comedy."

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

30 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Agree completely. It was a major part of why I felt this year had a wee bit too much "comedy."

Where was the comedy in the house? Yeah, the movie was comedic, but I feel the house played it straight. Only real comedy house was SS.

4 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

I think the issue of the house was all the killers kept coming out of the exact damn spot in every room! Edit: Literally just watched a vid of the house on youtube and all but one scare came from the left side in the same spot.

Edited by USHER6998

37 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

To be fair,  I skipped Blumhouse entirely, lol.

Should have at least gone through one time. It wasn't the worst house I've ever done, not by a mile.

1 hour ago, RevFreako said:

Where was the comedy in the house? Yeah, the movie was comedic, but I feel the house played it straight. Only real comedy house was SS.

The only "comedy" in Blumhouse was the continual "Nice one, dickhead" throughout.

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

To be fair,  I skipped Blumhouse entirely, lol.

Here is a comprehensive list of everything you missed by skipping Blumhouse:

[end of list]

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

The only "comedy" in Blumhouse was the continual "Nice one, dickhead" throughout.

Here is a comprehensive list of everything you missed by skipping Blumhouse:

[end of list]

Hahaha this is spot on. I thought the Purge section was even worse. There was nothing remotely scary about the Purge portion. At least HDD stayed true to the movie, but ironically that's it's downfall! What else could they do with a movie that continuously repeats the same scene over and over. Like someone said above, if they could've found a way to put the killer in a different spot it may have helped, but it was the same thing every time. And yes the "Nice one Dickhead" track was quite humorous. 

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I think the issue of the house was all the killers kept coming out of the exact damn spot in every room! Edit: Literally just watched a vid of the house on youtube and all but one scare came from the left side in the same spot.

Yep. It was all the same throughout... but then we got to the Purge portion and is got even worse!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Hahaha this is spot on. I thought the Purge section was even worse. There was nothing remotely scary about the Purge portion. At least HDD stayed true to the movie, but ironically that's it's downfall! What else could they do with a movie that continuously repeats the same scene over and over. Like someone said above, if they could've found a way to put the killer in a different spot it may have helped, but it was the same thing every time. And yes the "Nice one Dickhead" track was quite humorous. 

Yep. It was all the same throughout... but then we got to the Purge portion and is got even worse!

There was no energy in that Purge section. I wanted to like it, especially since I'm one of the few who enjoyed the 2015 Purge house. It probably didnt help that I didnt see The First Purge when it was in theatres.

2 hours ago, killswitch22 said:

There was no energy in that Purge section. I wanted to like it, especially since I'm one of the few who enjoyed the 2015 Purge house. It probably didnt help that I didnt see The First Purge when it was in theatres.

To be honest the only cool part about that house was the The Purge transition room. The room where all the walls were the giant warnings behind bars with the alarm was neat. 

2 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

To be honest the only cool part about that house was the The Purge transition room. The room where all the walls were the giant warnings behind bars with the alarm was neat. 

I enjoyed the ending, because I got to leave the house and do fun things at HHN.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

Thats honestly the only part of the purge section I remember!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

Has hhn ever done anything with The X-Files? I think that could be like an AHS type house.

I would honestly love this. Buuuuut, X-Files is owned by Fox, I believe. And Disney gobbled up Fox. Those dreaded villains of HHN!!!

But now that I think about it, a grey-buggy-eyed-alien house would be legit. Maybe even as a movie for a future Slaughter Sinema. Maybe it's just me, but I used to be terrified of those mofos, and a house with a grey-alien aesthetic with 50's alien invasion music would be amazing. 

Edited by nebulaexpress
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

I would honestly love this. Buuuuut, X-Files is owned by Fox, I believe. And Disney gobbled up Fox. Those dreaded villains of HHN!!!

But now that I think about it, a grey-buggy-eyed-alien house would be legit. Maybe even as a movie for a future Slaughter Sinema. Maybe it's just me, but I used to be terrified of those mofos, and a house with a grey-alien aesthetic with 50's alien invasion music would be amazing. 

A house based off the invasion scare zone would be amazing!

• Like 1