Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

7 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

An interactive Black Mirror eh....?

I'm very much looking forward to watching this. If it is somehow brought over, either as blark Mirror or a more original idea it would be a fun buy up house. I do think if universal were to invest in something like this concept, the general public wouldn't by in, compared to a traditional gun maze.

Edited by killswitch22
  • Love 1

29 definitely has all odds stacked against it. It's right after what was one of the best and most ambitious years of the event, and is right before the 30 year anniversary which is obviously what they will be funelling a lot of creative energy into even before 29 has begun, so I wouldn't be surprised if 29 was a tad weaker than other years due to the creative team wanting to play it safe. 

But, even if Horror Nights is played safe this year there are a lot of IPs that could make for bangers. ST2 is pretty much bound to happen, but it's not like it's a bad thing. And Revenge of Chucky and/or Killer Klownz are extremely likely to get the "Trick R' Treatment" as well. Again, I don't mind this either if it's done well. And with an earlier start date, I feel like the 11-12 houses rumor also completely makes sense. 

Maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic, but something tells me 29 may be pretty good even if there are repeated themes from last year. 

20 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

What if Universal does a netflix features house that would include the greatest moments from stranger things season 2, The haunting of Hill House, and The chilling adventures of sabrina? Kind of like horrors of blumhouse but hopefully they would make this one of the sound stage houses to do all 3 properties justice.

You think they would do that ? why would would they spoiler the Netflix money bag deal? 
  let's face it.. almost everyone has Netflix. not a lot of people go to the cinemas to view stuff. 
   I think since we are going down child's play ground of stranger things. I would enjoy seeing the house with clock on the walls or pick of destiny in Hollywood please. 
 I think it's do time that we get a jack black theme show. 
 we messed up on our chance during hhn 21 but 29 ? lets hope

17 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I would enjoy seeing the house with clock on the walls 

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. I wouldn't mind if it was properly spooky. I just feel like House With A Clock In Its Walls is a way more kid-focused property than Stranger Things. 

Edited by nebulaexpress
  • Like 1

So regarding "Us", I don't see that being made into a house for a multitude of reasons. While Jordan Peele has said that film is not about race (a hurdle which HHN creative cited as the reason why Get Out won't happen.), there's admittedly bigger reasons why Us probably won't happen.

The first hurdle I see is Casting, where you'd have to cast a lot of lookalikes, far more than Stranger Things as you have to cast both the Wilson family and the "Nosliw" family.

The other hurdle which I feel is actually the biggest, is the choice of creatures which are Doppelgangers. They can make for good stories and films, but they do not translate well into a haunted house environment. For me a good haunted house makes you a part of the action, where whatever monster, killer etc. inside is going after you. But with Doppelgangers, why would they be going after well...us? They're clearly focused on their other half, which lies a big problem. For me, in order for a Doppelganger house to be effective, you'd need to run into your own Doppelganger which just can't be replicated in a haunted house (No pun intended). If they were to even attempt this as a house, I just see it as victim-scenes galore, which isn't really effective as the focus.

I have a feeling the film itself will be a good watch, but that kind of creature just doesn't work for a HHN house.

6 hours ago, Tobias said:

So regarding "Us", I don't see that being made into a house for a multitude of reasons. While Jordan Peele has said that film is not about race (a hurdle which HHN creative cited as the reason why Get Out won't happen.), there's admittedly bigger reasons why Us probably won't happen.

The first hurdle I see is Casting, where you'd have to cast a lot of lookalikes, far more than Stranger Things as you have to cast both the Wilson family and the "Nosliw" family.

The other hurdle which I feel is actually the biggest, is the choice of creatures which are Doppelgangers. They can make for good stories and films, but they do not translate well into a haunted house environment. For me a good haunted house makes you a part of the action, where whatever monster, killer etc. inside is going after you. But with Doppelgangers, why would they be going after well...us? They're clearly focused on their other half, which lies a big problem. For me, in order for a Doppelganger house to be effective, you'd need to run into your own Doppelganger which just can't be replicated in a haunted house (No pun intended). If they were to even attempt this as a house, I just see it as victim-scenes galore, which isn't really effective as the focus.

I have a feeling the film itself will be a good watch, but that kind of creature just doesn't work for a HHN house.

It would same feeling with the thing. 
We knew who was the thing was, it wasn't like there was plot twist. 
 they could add mirror scene for the us finale. 

13 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

It would same feeling with the thing. 
We knew who was the thing was, it wasn't like there was plot twist. 
 they could add mirror scene for the us finale. 

The Thing is not the same as Us, as the Thing is a full-on assimilation of someone where only one exists. (Where as Doppelgangers a la' Us exist at the same time as those they're replicating.) A core fear of the Thing is someone is not who they appear to be, then you have the horrifying creature reveal. Not to mention the Thing will go after anyone to survive.

The Thing is a lot easier to translate into a house as any scareactor can be portrayed as the Thing in human form, and of course you have the creature forms as well.

Once again Us has the issues of casting a ton of look-alikes, and with Doppelgangers focused on who they're replicating, it would essentially be victim scene the house, and only a few IP's can actually pull that off in a house. (Such as F13, as Jason will go after everyone.)

since we're still in wild guessing season right now, im gonna bring up the weirdest idea which would never ever happen. V/H/S 1 and 2. here's why.

1 - has amazing sets (haunted house going haywire, zombie infested birthday party, creepy cult, etc etc) and makeup (aliens, glitchy serial killer, succubus, demons,) to use.

2 - has tons of cool practical effects to use (demon birth, hands coming out of the walls)

3 - has every type of horror characters their. vampires, killers, aliens, ghosts, zombies, demons.

4 - is very popular on netflix with all 3 films on their (we don't talk about the third one).

5 - and it is very, very, gory

Edited by themazethinker
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, themazethinker said:

since we're still in wild guessing season right now, im gonna bring up the weirdest idea which would never ever happen. V/H/S 1 and 2. here's why.

1 - has amazing sets (haunted house going haywire, zombie infested birthday party, creepy cult, etc etc) and makeup (aliens, glitchy serial killer, succubus, demons,) to use.

2 - has tons of cool practical effects to use (demon birth, hands coming out of the walls)

3 - has every type of horror characters their. vampires, killers, aliens, ghosts, zombies, demons.

4 - is very popular on netflix with all 3 films on their (we don't talk about the third one).

5 - and it is very, very, gory

I'm glad that someone finally found these films to be possible as a maze, you pretty much hit the nails on the head lmao, the films have amazing content for a full outhouse :) 

VHS 1 - I really wanna see Amateur Night and seeing Lily already turned demonic and hearing I like you echoing and finally having her jump out and roar at the guests and maybe in the middle of morphing with wings or something & Tuesday The 17th be replicated and the staticy figure coming towards at every turn and seeing the leftover victims in the woods and not only that but the transitions in the house returning back to the same room with the tapes on the floor and the static tv on and maybe the final time having a jump scare by the missing victim. 

VHS 2 - Phase I - Clinical Trials where we Herman basically in the middle of the hauntings and we begin to see all the ghosts he sees and might see in the middle of trying to escape meanwhile meeting his end. Safe Haven, the one with the creepy cult is another great choice to transition too where we are already in the middle of the ritual, we hear the alarm blaring, running into the cult at every turn and finally encountering the born demon. Slumber Party Alien Abduction would be really cool with some of the parts in the house and yes I know people will get annoyed but some black walls or just have it dark like they did with Scarecrow and each time have the loud sound of the UFO in the room and followed with a bright light and having the Aliens on both sides jumping out like we've been a part of the abduction as we see the crew trying to escape. 

I'm still wondering if we might be getting a Halloween 5 next year, I'm not saying its possible or not or anything but if it were to happen, right off the bat, the house would pick up right where the ending of the last house did but I think we'd have the final shootout that would have been better but again I can understand because I talked about it in the Halloween 4 forum page that due to the space in the house, I could see that they probably quickly put everything they could in the house and try to fit as much scareactors as they could.

For the Halloween 5 house, it'd work for them to have the full shootout to begin the maze, cut to Michael already awakening in the cave and killing the homeless man and jumps at us and its basically us in his steps on his way back to Haddonfield, we then cut to either Jamie and going through what she sees or what she sees Michael doing because we don't see much that she sees for only a couple of things, so experiencing the journey of how he returned and then maybe appearing the foster home and find Michael on one side and rachel on the other as a lying prop, perfect opportunity to cut to the Halloween Party and the farm, where we could see a Michael Myers with a scythe which I think would look pretty cool tbh, killing the couple in the farm and turns to us to try and kill us followed by seeing the two bodies of the copies, Michael stabbing Tina's character and in the midst us running into a scene pretty much with a car with flashing lights on our right with Michael Myers mannquin present in it with a good scare trigger to run into the next room running into Loomis and heading back to Myer's home, in the middle of Michael trying to chase Jamie in the house, ending up in the attic where we see Rachel and possibly a scareactor of Jamie and Michael pop out at certain times to which we end up with Loomis and Michael fighting and being caught in the middle, Loomis with the 2X4 and Michael stunned but each time jumps at guests to then leads us to Michael in a cell and maybe just standing there and reaching out of the cell at guests or something or they could just put us in the middle of the cellblock on fire and Michaels' cell demolished and get one last jumpscare by Michael or maybe the Man in Black. 

6 hours ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

I’m still really hoping to see IT. I think that would be a really cool maze, especially going through the sewers.

Hopefully somewhere down the line or maybe, maybe after the second film comes out, maybe Universal could find a way to acquire the rights but Warner Bros. can be very stingy and try to find a way to make Universal tame the house in some form of the way or something, if Universal does it too, I'm guessing they would probably do the original over the remake because I could see one year doing the original and then doing the remake or at least doing the remake first and then original like they did with TCM and Nightmare On Elm Street but I can't see em doing it that way either. 

11 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Hopefully somewhere down the line or maybe, maybe after the second film comes out, maybe Universal could find a way to acquire the rights but Warner Bros. can be very stingy and try to find a way to make Universal tame the house in some form of the way or something, if Universal does it too, I'm guessing they would probably do the original over the remake because I could see one year doing the original and then doing the remake or at least doing the remake first and then original like they did with TCM and Nightmare On Elm Street but I can't see em doing it that way either. 

Seriously, I almost feel like we should have a sticky of the properties they can't do thanks to Bugs and Mickey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I'm glad that someone finally found these films to be possible as a maze, you pretty much hit the nails on the head lmao, the films have amazing content for a full outhouse :) 

VHS 1 - I really wanna see Amateur Night and seeing Lily already turned demonic and hearing I like you echoing and finally having her jump out and roar at the guests and maybe in the middle of morphing with wings or something & Tuesday The 17th be replicated and the staticy figure coming towards at every turn and seeing the leftover victims in the woods and not only that but the transitions in the house returning back to the same room with the tapes on the floor and the static tv on and maybe the final time having a jump scare by the missing victim. 

VHS 2 - Phase I - Clinical Trials where we Herman basically in the middle of the hauntings and we begin to see all the ghosts he sees and might see in the middle of trying to escape meanwhile meeting his end. Safe Haven, the one with the creepy cult is another great choice to transition too where we are already in the middle of the ritual, we hear the alarm blaring, running into the cult at every turn and finally encountering the born demon. Slumber Party Alien Abduction would be really cool with some of the parts in the house and yes I know people will get annoyed but some black walls or just have it dark like they did with Scarecrow and each time have the loud sound of the UFO in the room and followed with a bright light and having the Aliens on both sides jumping out like we've been a part of the abduction as we see the crew trying to escape. 

im telling you, you can do a house of v/h/s 1, than next you can do v/h/s 2. here's a draft for both houses (sorta ish similar to slaughter sinema. also each transition room would have the tv showing segments of the tape you're entering. )

V/H/S 1

Tape 56

facade - abandoned house from tape 56

scene  1 - bedroom

Amateur Night

scene 2 - motel bedroom ( Lilly mauling Shane on the bed, Patrick comes out from the bathroom with a shower pipe)

scene 3 - staircase (broken armed Clint is on the floor begging for help, mid transformed Lilly as scare.)

scene 4 -  motel exit ( Lilly flying over guests carrying Clint. )

Tape 56

scene 5 - basement (creature in basement as scare. )

scene 6 - bedroom

Second honeymoon

scene 7 - motel facade (lover scares guests behind a car.)

scene 8 - motel bedroom ( lover slitting Sams throat. )

Tape 56

scene 9 - bedroom

Tuesday the 17th

scene 10 - woods ( Samantha with a arrow through her eye as a distraction scare, glitch killer comes out with a knife. )

scene 11 - lake ( slit throat Joey wandering around. )

scene 12 - forest ( disembodied Wendy writhing on the ground, glitch killer jumps out from the trees. )

Tape 56

scene 13 - bedroom
The sick thing that happened to Emily when she was younger

scene 14 - bedroom ( alien kid as scare. )

scene 15 - living room (James removing the alien kid from Emily's arm, Alien kid as another scare. )

Tape 56

scene 16 - foyer ( reanimated body as scare. )

10/31/98

scene 17 - attic ( floating cultists as scares. ) 

scene 18 - foyer ( multiple effects in this room, door knob disappearing, hand coming out of wall, floating furniture, etc etc. )

scene 19 - basement ( hands coming out of wall as scare. )

scene 20 - train tracks ( possessed girl wandering, train coming towards guests as the scare. )

V/H/S 2

Tape 49

facade - Kyle's house ( a distant gunshot is heard from inside. )

scene 1 - study room

Phase one - Clinical trials

scene 2 - bedroom ( ghost girl as scare.)

scene 3 - pool ( drowning Clarissa as distraction scare for the ghost uncle. )

scene 4 - bathroom ( Herman cutting open his robotic eye, ghost dad as scare. )

scene 5 - bedroom ( dead Herman with the robotic eye shoved through his mouth, Ghost Herman as scare. )

Tape 49

scene 6 - study room

A ride in the park

scene 7 - trail ( zombie girl scares on one side, Mike with a rock comes out from the other. )

scene 8 - park ( zombie Mike feasting on the bikers corpse, the zombie biker girl comes out as a scare. )

scene 9 - birthday party ( zombie bikers as scares, the blown off head of Mikes body lays on the ground. )

Tape 49

scene 7 - study room

Safe haven

scene 8 - interview room ( the Father slitting Joni's throat. )

scene 9 - "the day of reckoning" ( bodies of cultists line the room, cultists with a shotgun will scare guests. )

scene 10 - birthing ( the body of Lena with her stomach torn open is on the table, the bloodied Father wanders the room. )

scene 11 - Resurrection ( various reanimated cultists come out to scare guests as the siren is heard, multiple growls from the demon are heard advancing towards guests. )

scene 12 - escape ( guests pass the destroyed car in the middle of the road, with Adam on the floor begging for help, the demon comes out to scare guests. )

tape 49

scene 13 - study room ( the body of Ayesha is on the floor. )

Slumber party alien abduction

scene 14 - living room ( the loud sound of the UFO is heard, multiple aliens come out to scare guests. )

scene 15 - forest ( police sirens are heard, than the UFO sound is heard, aliens again come out to scare guests. )

scene 16 - barn ( the bright light of the UFO is seen above, Gary is seen being pulled in, aliens again scare guests. )

Tape 49

scene 17 - study room ( the reanimated Ayesha scares guests. )

scene 18 - closet ( the jawless Kyle scares guests. )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

They're gonna do whatever they can to keep a good relationship with Netflix.

Relationship with Netflix means a relatively endless pool of Netflix original IP's. This could bring to light a lot of relatively unknown Netflix originals that deserve the spotlight. 

I am completely and perfectly fine with this. 

2 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

Relationship with Netflix means a relatively endless pool of Netflix original IP's. This could bring to light a lot of relatively unknown Netflix originals that deserve the spotlight. 

I am completely and perfectly fine with this. 

PREDICTION: HHN comes back to IOA. They will blindfold you on Bluto and call it the Bird Box

• Haha 2