Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

As For Us... I was kind disappointed. I was expecting more of  suspense and horror elements. 

Jordan Peele forced Foreshadowing that didn't have to pay off, but it 100% did. 
 I loved Get Out. Us is beast of movie. I enjoyed.

I think that Universal is scared to do Get out / Us house. 
 I bet it would be hard to hire for Get out / Us house because i.e Stranger Things.. Universal isn't  well known or hard up on many Face characters, but when they do try do to face characters they do an awesome job. 

I believe that Jordan Peele would make time to do a hands on haunted house because it would be his first one.  Look at the demands or hands on like that Netflix had with stranger things. 
 Just imagine the draw of the crowd of both Us/ and Stranger things?  This is it... If Universal want to Destroy records. 
  You got massive crowds. 

3 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Usually I think it's rights for example The Conjuring and Scream being pulled and having to cancel the announcements and make an entirely new one to replace it and not only that but fixing the construction to suit the replacing houses. 

Can be a lot of things. IP holder not formally signing off the announcement is a usual reason, not because they disagree or have an issue with it but usually because they haven’t got round to signing the paperwork. 

Other reasons could be external factors such as news items from competitors (guessing Star Wars Galaxys Edge May have delayed the HHN29 announcement), or competing announcements by Universal themselves (hello Hagrid). 

13 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

Just curious but what causes announcements to be delayed?

Many things can cause a delay. In this case, I've heard that they had to reorganize a lot of the announce schedule they had planned.

Basically, there's a lot going down in Florida this year; the new Potter Coaster, and Star Wars, EPCOT refurb, plus much more to come. No surprise, UOR and Disney try not to announce things at the same time, and they don't exactly coordinate with each other.

16 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

Just curious but what causes announcements to be delayed?

10 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Usually I think it's rights for example The Conjuring and Scream being pulled and having to cancel the announcements and make an entirely new one to replace it and not only that but fixing the construction to suit the replacing houses. 

This year, the delays were the result of Universal’s desire to not get toes stepped on. Universal (and Disney) have announced a good bit the last month. HHN would’ve gotten lost in the media covering everything else. They’re waiting for a theme park news lull.

18 minutes ago, Legacy said:

This year, the delays were the result of Universal’s desire to not get toes stepped on. Universal (and Disney) have announced a good bit the last month. HHN would’ve gotten lost in the media covering everything else. They’re waiting for a theme park news lull.

Given that we've never had an announcement this early, I don't see how anything's been "delayed."

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

I could see that but that would probably we wouldn't get anything until probably June or something and see pulling off how they did last year where another teaser is put out and then tickets are then sold and then on we go for certain dates to give house announcements. I mean I know it seems like a pretty long shot but the way announced stuff last year was not bad. 

8 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Currently, Weinstein Films is bought by some Texan Auto Sales and Recycling company.  So... Maybe look at Texas for the scream property? 

I'm not holding my breath on seeing Scream come to the event, they tried, I don't see them giving it a second chance. I'd love for it at the event and yes it's long overdue but I think Universal are going to tackle other ips more and do their best to acquire the rights the series when they are able to. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I think that Universal is scared to do Get out / Us house. 

There is absolutely nothing HHN about Get Out.    I dont know what haunt would consider something that polarizing for a scare.  8 people sitting around a table eating dinner with brain scrambled servants standing nearby is not my definition of scary.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

6 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Many things can cause a delay. In this case, I've heard that they had to reorganize a lot of the announce schedule they had planned.

Basically, there's a lot going down in Florida this year; the new Potter Coaster, and Star Wars, EPCOT refurb, plus much more to come. No surprise, UOR and Disney try not to announce things at the same time, and they don't exactly coordinate with each other.

That's right - tons of stuff going on in Florida this year.  Dare 2 Escape is expanding, boys and girls.  The "massage parlor" next door to us went out of biz,, and the landlord offered us the space.  Of course, we took it.  So, please add us to your Halloween bucket lists!  We'd LOVE to have our Nightmares family come play.  FYI, our newest room will be R-Rated.  Our goal is to make it the scariest escape game we possibly can.  We've got help from some of the Masters themselves.. so come see us!  <climbing off my marketing pedestal>

Ok, someone explain to me where this idea of a June announcement came from?  Why the hell would they ever wait that long to give us anything?  Especially when the event opens even earlier this year.  That makes zero sense to me, and I call bullshit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

There is absolutely nothing HHN about Get Out.    I dont know what haunt would consider something that polarizing for a scare.  8 people sitting around a table eating dinner with brain scrambled servants standing nearby is not my definition of scary.

Art is subjective. 
 Look at purge or happy death day or  ash vs evil dead ( as much as I love love these property, they aren't the scariest) 
  Get out could work as a house. 
   Puppet Deer,  The jump scares of the grandparents..  the Iconic Tea scene.. Alison or Doctor Dad.. 
 I mean What in the original Blumhouse of horrors, they had two scene of Sinster  ? because they didn't believe in the source material.. I mean the box office was lack luster. 
  I mean in 2018, there was scary underlining theme of horror films with kids.. I get it kids are scary but so are bring out Pedophilia. 

I didn't find Stranger things scary at all. I didn't care for the show until I was shit face drunk and still making fun of it. 
 I am just saying IF UNIVERSAL WANTED TO BREAK RECORDS.. THEY WOULD HAVE THE TOP NETFLIX SHOW AND THE HOTTEST " HORROR"  DIRECTOR RIGHT NOW WITH JORDAN PEELE House..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Given that we've never had an announcement this early, I don't see how anything's been "delayed."

They've had the first HHN house scheduled for announcement, but decided in the last 48 hours to push it back.

That's how it's been delayed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

That's right - tons of stuff going on in Florida this year.  Dare 2 Escape is expanding, boys and girls.  The "massage parlor" next door to us went out of biz,, and the landlord offered us the space.  Of course, we took it. 

A massage parlor themed escape room.  Practically writes itself.  I promised myself I would go last HHN and I failed.  Gotta go this year.  This will make 3 rooms?

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

So since I just bought tickets to see Slash in August, I was wondering that if Orlando did get a universal monster house do you think it would have music by slash or something else completely different?

One could hope.  Each time I went through in Hollywood I would keep telling myself to focus on the music.  I kept losing focus to the exceptional visuals, but the music really did add to the experience.  You'd think that the guitar was out of place, but it just worked.  I felt the same about music in the Clownz maze.  

6 minutes ago, zombieman said:

A massage parlor themed escape room.  Practically writes itself.  I promised myself I would go last HHN and I failed.  Gotta go this year.  This will make 3 rooms?

Oh, it could be horrifying, for sure.  All we'd have to do is turn out the lights and give you a black light..  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

also first announcement will be stranger things vol. 2 give it this week or next week 

How intentional was that “Vol?”

5 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Shit

I was answering for past delays. I see no reason for the current schedule to get delayed.

A bit off topic, but I was just listening to The Catacombs of Halloween Horror Nights podcast on HHN 5 and they started talking about Transit to Torment and I thought from the way they were describing it it sounded like it shared a good chunk of similarities to the lore behind Us??? (Sans the Doppleganger element, which is admittedly a huge chunk of the Us lore..... but I just thought it was interesting, especially since Us has been a hot topic recently!)

Edited by sororitysacrifice
typo and added more info
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I mean they could go season 2/ with sneak peek of 3 stranger things  route 

no way, they're doing them the way they did AHS and The Walking Dead, if it's Season 2 its only going to be for season 2, yes they are promoting the next season but if you want to experience the second season, you come to the event. Idk how they will do next year if they even keep up with ST for 2 more years which would be somewhat good Universal because more money since the show has two more seasons left before they call it quits which would be perfect or they just stop at 2 but after season 3's trailer came out, you know it's already in high demand by fans of the show for another return.