Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

17 minutes ago, FaceBagman said:

Did we not watch the same film? Members of the tethered went out of their way to kill people who got in their way; Umbrae did so once and a couple of random tethered had a scene where this happened as well (won't mention the specifics out of concern for those who haven't seen the movie yet).

And I don't buy into the dismissal about casting either. Even if a Lupita-lookalike only has to appear once or twice during the maze, so much can be done with random tethered, which would make the impact of her & the family's emergence more impactful imo. 

Well I mean I'm up for it whether it comes or not, as long as the house gets me as good as the movie did, fingers crossed if it comes to the event. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FaceBagman said:

Did we not watch the same film? Members of the tethered went out of their way to kill people who got in their way; Umbrae did so once and a couple of random tethered had a scene where this happened as well (won't mention the specifics out of concern for those who haven't seen the movie yet).

And I don't buy into the dismissal about casting either. Even if a Lupita-lookalike only has to appear once or twice during the maze, so much can be done with random tethered, which would make the impact of her & the family's emergence more impactful imo. 

Thank you for saying the exact thing I was thinking! I didn’t want to spoil anything for those who havnt seen the fantastic movie yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FaceBagman said:

You're totally right, thanks for slapping some sense into me, lol. I managed to forget about that.

I definitely agree with you, the idea of them not being able to cast it is kind of silly to me. I think Us can and should come to the event.

Edited by nebulaexpress

On an Us house why can’t it be “inspired” by the movie? Can do a mix of recreation of iconic scenes and mix of original scenes, just like Poltergeist last year. Honestly, you only need 2 sets of twins in the house (so 4 in total for A and B casts) to explain the concept. The rest can be mixed pairs of people, as the film suggests. The whole premise of the house could be that you’re trying to get out of the town the night the tethered attack. You don’t need to see every part of the film replicated in the house. I’m fact, that would give A&D much more freedom to explore the concept and bring something great to the event. And if Jordan Peele is free to get involved (I know he’s an incredibly busy guy) I feel it would be something pretty special to experience. 

• Like 1

Well, it looks like since Chris and Murdy are going to be at Monsterpalooza hosting, it looks like we might see a joint announcement with them. No doubt if it's probably going to Universal Monsters or Stranger Things or another ip. That's just what I'm thinking since we haven't had anything really said much from our side and more from Hollywoods. 

42 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well, it looks like since Chris and Murdy are going to be at Monsterpalooza hosting, it looks like we might see a joint announcement with them. No doubt if it's probably going to Universal Monsters or Stranger Things or another ip. That's just what I'm thinking since we haven't had anything really said much from our side and more from Hollywoods. 

Well, they didn't actually announce anything (at least for us, so no joint) at Midsummer Scream last year. So who knows.

But the first announcement is going to be Stranger Things 2. I have no doubt in my mind.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

17 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Well, they didn't actually announce anything (at least for us, so no joint) at Midsummer Scream last year. So who knows.

But the first announcement is going to be Stranger Things 2. I have no doubt in my mind.

Well Orlando has been very silent and Hollywood is the only one talking you know, they are gonna probably be talking about the potential scarezones or hints and maybe a sneak peak to something. Stranger Things 2 does stick out the most. After all the craze with the trailer coming out for season 3, I wouldn't doubt it having Universal locked on bringing the show back next year for Season 3.

2 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well Orlando has been very silent and Hollywood is the only one talking you know, they are gonna probably be talking about the potential scarezones or hints and maybe a sneak peak to something. Stranger Things 2 does stick out the most. After all the craze with the trailer coming out for season 3, I wouldn't doubt it having Universal locked on bringing the show back next year for Season 3.

That’s normal. Orlando’s social media doesn’t get active until April/May.

20 hours ago, Tobias said:

Regarding US, I know I've said it before, but it must be said again. I don't see this working very well in HHN's environment, as the core element of Us is well, hard to replicate. The core element (and fear) of Us, is doppelgangers. Someone that looks like you is trying to kill you. An since you can't feasibly make the scareactors look like yourself, you as a guest are taken out of that completely. So a house or scarezone would mainly be "victim scares", and that's never been exciting as house. (Now with F13, it makes sense that Jason could look over at you and go "Oh hey, more for the count!")

On top of that, there's the issue of casting. So you have to cast multiple people to portray both the regular humans AND their Tethered versions...and that's just one cast. You have to cast another set of all those look alikes for cast B. That alone should kill any chance this is brought to the event, and let's face it, the main cast is African-American, whom isn't in large abundance in the event...let alone one's who can look like Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke.

The only way I can see them attempting this is using masks, but that would just cheapen things entirely and it wouldn't be satisfying.

I know Us is a good horror film, but there are just some concepts which don't translate well in a haunt environment.

You’ve either read my arguments elsewhere, or have the same opinion on this as me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Futurion said:

I wouldn't count on an announcement until after hagrids coaster opens. 

It's gonna probably be sooner than that lol. I wouldn't doubt they've been pulling back a couple of times, maybe in the next two weeks we should probably get something but I wouldn't hold my breath, we just gotta let things simply unfold. 

17 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I tried image.png.ca8b4e4b776f25c1ed3ee6e6a56148e2.png

Yup, better than the continously "soon" treatment we kept getting at 27, you'd get the same answer or close to the same answer by Murdy, we'll get something eventually, I wouldn't doubt we don't get some kind of teaser in April to keep us going and with a potential announcement in June or something, they have enough time to put announcements, I mean Patrick did state before that they had begun construction on the few mazes and with HP being on the mind for Universal at the moment until the hype comes and goes, they will keep promoting it, so I don't mind waiting, we'll get something, we definitely just gotta be patient. :)

On 3/23/2019 at 2:23 PM, OhHaiInternet95 said:

It’s now the largest opening for an original horror movie of all time, making history for Universal. 

Edited by DraculaTeeth
I don’t do Twitter so I suck at copying links from there

10 hours ago, Legacy said:

That’s normal. Orlando’s social media doesn’t get active until April/May.

You’ve either read my arguments elsewhere, or have the same opinion on this as me.

Yeah I mean that's why I'm not holding my breath on Orlandos' updates we usually get a little snippets here and there, I pay attention to Hollywood's a bit since they are sorta active at times. As for Us, I'm again having my doubts again, I feel like it will end up being like what happened to Get Out and Halloween 2018, some kind of rights issue or something, so I'm not holding my breath on that either, it is indeed a great movie and deserves as much hype but I don't see it becoming maze any time soon. 

8 hours ago, sororitysacrifice said:

all the way in june? :huh: i guess setting your expectations all the way until june is one way to keep from being disappointed every week lol

Well I mean all the hype right now is towards HP and it might be like for awhile, I mean we might be given teasers and hopefully ticket prices for HHN but announcements I could see being held back for a bit. Which would make sense, it's better than 27 where every tweet lead us astray a bit and kind of overusing "Soon" here and there, there is no doubt yes that the first announcement is Stranger Things, I think they could be waiting on the show to hit on Netflix to promote it during the hype of the show or something along the lines. Hollywood would definitely be teasing their event at Monsterpalooza, I mean Universal is still focusing on constructing the mazes too, Mike can only do and say so much, Patrick and Murdy know that it seems like forever but that no one should complain about the long periods of waiting for the event to come, we'll get the announcements and stuff, it just takes time for them to get everything organized and make sure everything is official too because I bet they don't want any of the ips to fall out due to rights issue or anything. I bet they wanna make sure everything is definitely in order. 

18 hours ago, Futurion said:

I wouldn't count on an announcement until after hagrids coaster opens. 

No announcements until after June 13th? I don't see that as very likely with the way that the past couple years have been going (ESPECIALLY last year).

18 hours ago, Legacy said:

It's a bit of both. I've had that opinion when people were clamoring for it earlier, and your thoughts add to it/back it up.

5 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

Just curious but what causes announcements to be delayed?

Usually I think it's rights for example The Conjuring and Scream being pulled and having to cancel the announcements and make an entirely new one to replace it and not only that but fixing the construction to suit the replacing houses.