Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

I seriously can't believe how badly marketing is screwing up things.  A full team on each coast releasing IP houses prematurely.

That is going to cause some serious repercussions.  Those IP are controlled by contracts that are very strict as to when things are to be announced.  Not necessarily what day things are announced or in what order, but that the IP will be announced separately from other IP.  There is money behind these deals, and imagine how you would feel if you paid to have yours given special unique advertisement, and Universal ends up (accidentally) announcing you along with two other IPs.  Kinda like the hospital giving the wrong baby to the wrong parents - but just for a few minutes.  The damage is done.

Unfortunately, this could be bad for us in upcoming years if they decide to clamp down on marketing and just have the event released all at once (you know, like most every other haunt everywhere).  We really do have it well off even with all the Universal screwups.

1 minute ago, DRLOTS said:

@zombieman I was just thinking that as well I wonder what the repercussions from this will be, or also the repercussions from Murdy, I noticed he has gone MIA from Twitter ever since either of the leaks

I don't think Murdy has ANY control over it.  He often tells us he'd love to announce something but can't.  

No matter the technology, this sort of thing has happened since forever.

Whether it be posters that are displayed too early, DVDs of movies that announce a new HHN house featuring the movie, magazines sent early showing the full lineup, TVs in hotel rooms leaking the lineup - whatever.

I've worked at a company for 18 years that has timed product releases to the exact minute, and we have never accidentally released info ahead of time.  It's pretty foolproof if webpages are reviewed twice before being updated.  I promise you they have such protocols in place.  This is carelessness plain and simple and will not only cost Universal immediate money to "fix it", it will cost future goodwill with potential IPs.  "How can you assure us you won't do a Halloween4 screwup, guys?"  

I am guessing Universal is going to have to fork over a higher kickback to the damaged IPs.  This is no simple "oopsie".  But Murdy's hands are clean here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

i honestly think this year sound pretty good compared to 2017

[off topic] so some mod on a certain rival site wants to keep all of these leaks hush hush. even through there were thousands of people talking about it and he only targeted me about it. 

hqdefault.jpg

Lmao

2017 for Orlando was a near-perfect year. 2017 for Hollywood looked.... How to put it.... Mediocre. 

6 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

Lmao

2017 for Orlando was a near-perfect year. 2017 for Hollywood looked.... How to put it.... Mediocre. 

Last year suffered from a lot of poor IP choices, budget cuts, construction in the park, and the scrapping of The Conjuring. 

However, I’ve heard that orlando handled the scrapping well and The Hive was a much better replacement compared to Titans of Terror. 

Poor IP choices are mostly fueled by what the GP love (titans, purge, Insidious, Saw) and while they’ve been done well in the past, and even last year Titans and insidious were good (nowhere near 2015/16 quality good) but they had been tired out. 

Budget cuts caused a lot of scenes and set pieces to be cut, the biggest example being AVED (which I heard was even a dud in orlando). 

The park construction cut out a lot of what could have been a great upperlot Scarezone. 

The lineup this year is awesome, is it the dream lineup from the earlier leak? Nope. But is it still a really good lineup? In my opinion yes, except HOB 2 and the return of Toxxic Tunnel. 

8 hours ago, themazethinker said:

i honestlly feel like ushforums just because of one mod and some dumb rules. but i don't want to since the users are actually nice and tons of good rumors. what should i do?

Can you explain what you posted on ush forums? Because I saw that mod target you even though every single user was talking about the same leak that leaves me completely clueless because of the deleted post of yours!

9 hours ago, zombieman said:

I've worked at a company for 18 years that has timed product releases to the exact minute, and we have never accidentally released info ahead of time.  It's pretty foolproof if webpages are reviewed twice before being updated.  I promise you they have such protocols in place.  This is carelessness plain and simple and will not only cost Universal immediate money to "fix it", it will cost future goodwill with potential IPs.  "How can you assure us you won't do a Halloween4 screwup, guys?"  

See thanks for saying this because I always wondered how USH managed to have so many leaks for HHN? You really don't see leaks from other theme parks or events or companies in general (at least I personally don't), so it really reflects on Universal's marketing team. I too wonder how this will pan out for the future of the event.

I'm pretty excited for this year now! Stranger Things and Poltergeist should have excellent set design, Trick r Treat should be a fun moody maze, Classic Monsters should be a welcome throwback to House of Horrors, Halloween should be alright depending on the scenes used, and we can just close our eyes and pretend Purge and Blumhouse 2 were a bad dream. I recently watched Unfriended: Dark Web and genuinely have no clue what scenes could possibly be translated into a maze. It didn't peak my interest whatsoever. 

Random Question:  I have a Gold Annual Pass for Universal Studios Hollywood, so when I visit the park prior to HHN do I need to leave the park and re-enter for HHN or can I stay in the park?  Also, with my Gold Pass I get free parking when I enter before 6:00pm so does that mean I can keep my car parked and leave at closing of HHN for no additional parking fees?

1 hour ago, Hanniel said:

Random Question:  I have a Gold Annual Pass for Universal Studios Hollywood, so when I visit the park prior to HHN do I need to leave the park and re-enter for HHN or can I stay in the park?  Also, with my Gold Pass I get free parking when I enter before 6:00pm so does that mean I can keep my car parked and leave at closing of HHN for no additional parking fees?

This is actually something to ask in the designated "TICKETS" thread... for future reference.

- NO, per last year you do not have to leave the park/re-enter if you have an AP & an HHN ticket/FFP. There should be a designated podium like last year to scan your ticket & get an early entry wristband.

- Parking is parking. Think about the regular daytime guests who might spend time in Citywalk after they leave the park when it "closes". They could be there for another 2-3 or more hours due to dinner and/or movie.

10 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

Can you explain what you posted on ush forums? Because I saw that mod target you even though every single user was talking about the same leak that leaves me completely clueless because of the deleted post of yours!

See thanks for saying this because I always wondered how USH managed to have so many leaks for HHN? You really don't see leaks from other theme parks or events or companies in general (at least I personally don't), so it really reflects on Universal's marketing team. I too wonder how this will pan out for the future of the event.

I'm pretty excited for this year now! Stranger Things and Poltergeist should have excellent set design, Trick r Treat should be a fun moody maze, Classic Monsters should be a welcome throwback to House of Horrors, Halloween should be alright depending on the scenes used, and we can just close our eyes and pretend Purge and Blumhouse 2 were a bad dream. I recently watched Unfriended: Dark Web and genuinely have no clue what scenes could possibly be translated into a maze. It didn't peak my interest whatsoever. 

some guy said he was confused what was leaked from the hollywood thing. i told him and mod got triggered

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Last year suffered from a lot of poor IP choices, budget cuts, construction in the park, and the scrapping of The Conjuring. 

However, I’ve heard that orlando handled the scrapping well and The Hive was a much better replacement compared to Titans of Terror. 

Poor IP choices are mostly fueled by what the GP love (titans, purge, Insidious, Saw) and while they’ve been done well in the past, and even last year Titans and insidious were good (nowhere near 2015/16 quality good) but they had been tired out. 

Budget cuts caused a lot of scenes and set pieces to be cut, the biggest example being AVED (which I heard was even a dud in orlando). 

The park construction cut out a lot of what could have been a great upperlot Scarezone. 

The lineup this year is awesome, is it the dream lineup from the earlier leak? Nope. But is it still a really good lineup? In my opinion yes, except HOB 2 and the return of Toxxic Tunnel. 

AVED in Orlando, while definitely the worst house that year, still wasn't that bad. 

The comedy was decent, the sets were fine, and it did feel like you were walking through the show.

The only problem was two things: Ashes and Scares.

While in Hollywood, the rubber masks were terrible, at least they somewhat looked like Bruce Campbell. In Orlando, they perfected getting people that looked like Jack Nicholson, yet they horribly failed with people looking like Bruce Campbell. 

Also, the scares. The scares were anything but good in that house. You could see then from a mile away, and they were pitiful even if you didn't see them.

5 minutes ago, dykealiscious said:

Great there's 2 more stupid movies I need to watch. Bloomshouse....really?

My thoughts exactly! Both of those movies looked like utter garbage but now I'll have to watch them because I like knowing what's going on in the mazes, I tell ya that maze is a total just sellout, like Blumhouse forced Murdys hand

3 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

AVED in Orlando, while definitely the worst house that year, still wasn't that bad. 

The comedy was decent, the sets were fine, and it did feel like you were walking through the show.

The only problem was two things: Ashes and Scares.

While in Hollywood, the rubber masks were terrible, at least they somewhat looked like Bruce Campbell. In Orlando, they perfected getting people that looked like Jack Nicholson, yet they horribly failed with people looking like Bruce Campbell. 

Also, the scares. The scares were anything but good in that house. You could see then from a mile away, and they were pitiful even if you didn't see them.

I liked Orlando's AVED.  Hated Hollywood's.  Blumhouse and Saw were below AVED on both coasts for me.

Having the Ash and Jack characters actually have moving mouths was so important to the effects, which is why Orlando was so much more effective.

Even though I went to AVED in Orlando like 10 times, I never once saw the bathroom stall scare.  I always got to it during the reset.  I have no idea what was supposed to happen in the house.  I know what happened in the show.

9 minutes ago, dykealiscious said:

Great there's 2 more stupid movies I need to watch. Bloomshouse....really?

Don't watch them.  It will seem like an original!