HHN 2017 Speculation

2 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Maybe mis information? It seems like there's been a lot of that this year. Even the most reliable sources are being questioned this year 

True, i guess we'll just have to wait and see when they announce it.

The Movie "IT" really intrigues me this year for HHN. With a September 8th film release date, and the movie coming out a week before HHN and giving people the chance to see it in theatre's before horror nights. I could definitely see John doing it this year. It would be really cool if the maze started people out in the original (1990 film) and then made it's way into the new film! I would love to see this happen this year. Let me know what you guys think about this idea..it_xlg.jpg

33 minutes ago, Wamps said:

The Movie "IT" really intrigues me this year for HHN. With a September 8th film release date, and the movie coming out a week before HHN and giving people the chance to see it in theatre's before horror nights. I could definitely see John doing it this year. It would be really cool if the maze started people out in the original (1990 film) and then made it's way into the new film! I would love to see this happen this year. Let me know what you guys think about this idea..it_xlg.jpg

Definitely not happening this year. While I would LOVE to see that (other people have seen previews of it and they say it's terrifying and full of maze potential), the only problem is Stephen King is not gonna let that happen. Universal already pissed him off with The Shining (rumors are that the announcement was delayed because of the travel website leaking it and Stephen King finding out and getting pissed) since they went over his head to get the rights. There is also a second part to the movie coming out next year hopefully so maybe we have a chance at seeing IT next year. As for this year, not happening unfortunately. The rest of the mazes are rumored to be Jigsaw, Blumhouse of Horrors, Insidious ch. 4, and an unknown maze codenamed Uber Fan that keeps getting leaked as different properties every few weeks

6 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I definitely see our favorite good guy doll

So with this basically taking out the rumor of Titans of Terror Tram (not eliminating it entirely. But seems a bit more unlikely), does this mean we could be seeing All Nite Die In (atleast Hollywood's version of it) replace The Conjuring? 

Called it. 

4 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

Called it. 

Nothing is official yet. I would love to believe that the Titans are truly coming as a maze because that seems like the best case scenario for that maze. But there is so much information going around about Uber Fan and I have no idea what it will be. Hoping it's Titans though

10 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Nothing is official yet. I would love to believe that the Titans are truly coming as a maze because that seems like the best case scenario for that maze. But there is so much information going around about Uber Fan and I have no idea what it will be. Hoping it's Titans though

While info has been bouncing around all over, one current word is Titans is -not- a maze. An' I'm more willing to believe that then the revolving door of rumors on what Uber Fan is.

5 minutes ago, Tobias said:

While info has been bouncing around all over, one current word is Titans is -not- a maze. An' I'm more willing to believe that then the revolving door of rumors on what Uber Fan is.

I don't know what to believe at this point. We're running around like decapitated chickens trying to sort out the rumors because so many people with sources are hearing so many different things. All will be revealed soon and only then I'll know what to believe. While I'd love for Titans to be a maze, I'm still not sure it'll happen 

I have a theory! Chucky will be part of the terror tram and will invade the backlot once again. But this year he's not alone. He brought some friends with him, the Titans of Terror. Freddy, Jason, Michael and Leatherface are back and the infamous Good Guy doll is the one pulling the strings. I'm not sure if Universal is allowed to have the big four and Chucky in one attraction at the same time but it could be a possibility. As for the Uber Fan maze, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it is until the announcement is made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aam1995 said:

Did anyone see the tweet saying Amitty Ville is coming to HHN????

and leads on that or input? 

Totally a troll man. Couple guys on USH forums make those all the times. In times of low announcements it's always fun to find something creative to troll the GP and anyone else who stumbles across it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Totally a troll man. Couple guys on USH forums make those all the times. In times of low announcements it's always fun to find something creative to troll the GP and anyone else who stumbles across it

Ahh! I see. I had just seen someone post on twitter. It seemed really odd, but just wanted to ask you guys here for any confirmation or to debunk it. Thanks! 

On 8/2/2017 at 10:25 AM, Wamps said:

using leftover props from the clown tram...lol

41 minutes ago, Sheev4Senate said:

So my biggest question about this year is that is Insidious Chapter 4 going to be about the new film? Or is it going to be a combination of the first 3 Insidious movies with the "Chapter 4" title attached for promotional purposes? Anybody have any ideas?

Only based on the new film

3 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Only based on the new film

I highly doubt this, seeing as 'Chapter 4' opens months after the event ends. Typically I've seen a maze/movie combo while the film is in theaters during the event ('Insidious: Chapter 2' and 'Crimson Peak' being two recent examples), but I've never seen the maze open before the film comes out. 

We'd see it next year after it gained an audience. Same reasoning for why 'Trick 'r Treat 2' won't come to the event this year.

4 hours ago, bendelthegreat said:

I highly doubt this, seeing as 'Chapter 4' opens months after the event ends. Typically I've seen a maze/movie combo while the film is in theaters during the event ('Insidious: Chapter 2' and 'Crimson Peak' being two recent examples), but I've never seen the maze open before the film comes out. 

We'd see it next year after it gained an audience. Same reasoning for why 'Trick 'r Treat 2' won't come to the event this year.

Exactly my point! We haven't even seen a trailer of this new film. Why would they do a whole maze based on that part of the franchise that no one has seen?

5 hours ago, bendelthegreat said:

Why would the facade be from the new film if it was based on the other three? 

If you want an example of a maze that was done even though the films release date was pushed back, Orlando's 2009 year had a maze based off of the 2010 remake of The Wolfman since it was already planned when the movie was pushed back. Just like Insidious 

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

If you want an example of a maze that was done even though the films release date was pushed back, Orlando's 2009 year had a maze based off of the 2010 remake of The Wolfman since it was already planned when the movie was pushed back. Just like Insidious 

But we don't know if it's from the new film or not? The only image we have is of Elise in a hallway with static hair and a girl. 

The date was pushed back twice, the first time to April and that was announced earlier this year (when the image came out), so it's been long known Halloween 2017 wasn't the release, giving ample time to Murdy to change it up. I honestly don't see any evidence it'll be 'Chapter 4', and would be shocked if it was considering all the facts against it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

but see here, 1) it was done in 2009 for Orlando and 2011 for Hollywood

2)  it was a story everyone knew so people could still follow it. at least with the context of the original. insidious would probably be at least a little confusing.

and 3)  in Orlando it was part of a trilogy including  re-imagined  Dracula and Frankenstein Mazes

21 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

But we don't know if it's from the new film or not? The only image we have is of Elise in a hallway with static hair and a girl. 

The date was pushed back twice, the first time to April and that was announced earlier this year (when the image came out), so it's been long known Halloween 2017 wasn't the release, giving ample time to Murdy to change it up. I honestly don't see any evidence it'll be 'Chapter 4', and would be shocked if it was considering all the facts against it.

I have some evidence... it's called the leaked list

3 minutes ago, Shye Rage said:

but see here, 1) it was done in 2009 for Orlando and 2011 for Hollywood

2)  it was a story everyone knew so people could still follow it. at least with the context of the original. insidious would probably be at least a little confusing.

and 3)  in Orlando it was part of a trilogy including  re-imagined  Dracula and Frankenstein Mazes

Hollywood's 2011 maze was a house of horrors overlay so it didn't give the freedom to construct a whole maze based on the movie, just overlay with characters from the movie

19 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

The facade isn't from one of the other 3. Sure there was ample time for John to change it but he decided against it. He was already dealing with replacing The Conjuring I don't think he wanted to deal with replacing a second maze. Do you know Jigsaw's release date? October 27th... Why should it come to the event if the movie won't be out until the end of the event? In all honesty, it doesn't seem to matter if there's a correlation between the movies release date and it having a maze. The fans who come to the event actually knowing all of the mazes and having watched all the movies or even seen a few of them make up such a small percentage of the actual attendance of the event

I think we'll find out who's right and who's wrong today. As John said, something wicked this way comes, so we'll see a couple announcements (2) at ScareLA 

• Like 2