HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Ok so I rewatched the commercial and put it in slow mo and saw something: the picture of the soldier is in the same sequence as what is thought to be the Voodoo mask for Bayou of Blood. As Phreeq said, he is pulling up his hood. Possibly a servant of the Voodoo Queen? Also in the video is a picture of skulls with a fire near them, which would refer to Gothicombs.

• Like 2

Just to confirm, no email was immediately sent out after Surrendering your Soul, correct? Because if there was I didn't get one.

Also, how do I get back to the confirmation page with the Soul Counter and the wallpaper?

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

Just to confirm, no email was immediately sent out after Surrendering your Soul, correct? Because if there was I didn't get one.

Also, how do I get back to the confirmation page with the Soul Counter and the wallpaper?

Thanks in advance.

I received an email maybe an hour later or so, it wasn't right away. 

If you signed up, you can click on "Soul Collectors" in the top navigation bar (desktop) on the website.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, themazethinker said:

what about the thing. probably gonna bash it. also how was 2009

I personally liked that year A LOT.
First, the negatives, just to get those out of the way:
1. The Usher wasn't as impressive of an Icon as some of the others (i.e. Jack, Bloody Mary).

2. I wasn't particularly fond of the 'Saw' House, partly because I'm not particularly fond of those movies in general.
3. In the 'Dracula' House, the titular vampire only appears I think twice, it's mainly just his Brides through most of the House.
4. Maybe this is just a problem of timing, but in the 'Chucky' House, it seemed like the Scareactor in the "Barrel of Monkeys" room rarely showed up. Also, in that House, the only appearance that fan- favorite character Tiffany made was as a drawing on one of the walls. Having a 'Chucky' House without Tiffany definitely disappointed some fans, myself included.
Now, what I liked:
1. The 'Frankenstein' House was pulled off excellently, I thought. In all the many versions of 'Frankenstein' I've seen, I've never seen the Monster look as scary as he did in that House.
2. 'Leave it to Cleaver' was a fan- favorite House, the ultimate epitome of a "Scary/ funny" House done right.
3. The general theme of the event, with each House or Scarezone meant to symbolize a movie (With the exception of Silver Screams, which focused on the Universal Palace Theater itself and some memorable films it screened), was handled very well.
4. The 'Wolf- Man' House was awesome. It actually proved to be better than the then- upcoming movie it was meant to drum up publicity for.

5. Other than the aforementioned problems, the 'Chucky' House was good, and creative.
6. 'Silver Screams' was amazing. Great sets, great characters, great diverse scares, just another reason why the Parade Building has always been my favorite House location, every House it's held that I've been to has been solid gold.

56 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I personally liked that year A LOT.
First, the negatives, just to get those out of the way:
1. The Usher wasn't as impressive of an Icon as some of the others (i.e. Jack, Bloody Mary).

2. I wasn't particularly fond of the 'Saw' House, partly because I'm not particularly fond of those movies in general.
3. In the 'Dracula' House, the titular vampire only appears I think twice, it's mainly just his Brides through most of the House.
4. Maybe this is just a problem of timing, but in the 'Chucky' House, it seemed like the Scareactor in the "Barrel of Monkeys" room rarely showed up. Also, in that House, the only appearance that fan- favorite character Tiffany made was as a drawing on one of the walls. Having a 'Chucky' House without Tiffany definitely disappointed some fans, myself included.
Now, what I liked:
1. The 'Frankenstein' House was pulled off excellently, I thought. In all the many versions of 'Frankenstein' I've seen, I've never seen the Monster look as scary as he did in that House.
2. 'Leave it to Cleaver' was a fan- favorite House, the ultimate epitome of a "Scary/ funny" House done right.
3. The general theme of the event, with each House or Scarezone meant to symbolize a movie (With the exception of Silver Screams, which focused on the Universal Palace Theater itself and some memorable films it screened), was handled very well.
4. The 'Wolf- Man' House was awesome. It actually proved to be better than the then- upcoming movie it was meant to drum up publicity for.

5. Other than the aforementioned problems, the 'Chucky' House was good, and creative.
6. 'Silver Screams' was amazing. Great sets, great characters, great diverse scares, just another reason why the Parade Building has always been my favorite House location, every House it's held that I've been to has been solid gold.

i wish i could go to that year, i really wish i could go to 2007, but theres no time machines sadly:wub::wacko:

56 minutes ago, Nekosammy said:

i wish i could go to that year, i really wish i could go to 2007, but theres no time machines sadly:wub::wacko:

I certainly wish I could time travel back to 2007 myself. It was my very first HHN, and I only hit each House once that year.
Want to know my thoughts on THAT year?

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I certainly wish I could time travel back to 2007 myself. It was my very first HHN, and I only hit each House once that year.
Want to know my thoughts on THAT year?

what were your thoughts, btw is my avatar photo cute

On 7/1/2017 at 0:21 PM, Nekosammy said:

what were your thoughts, btw is my avatar photo cute

Here's what I can recall about it.
Again, dislikes first:
1. 'Vampyr: Bloodbath.' The very first House I hit, and I'm glad, because I thought it was really dumb. I saw very little theme to it, just not interesting at all.
2. No official Scarezones, just random areas where certain groups of Scareactors would hang out.
3. This might be just a minor quibble, but I thought one part of the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' House kind of lapsed in logic. I mean, at one point near the end, a Leatherface pops out at us from behind a fence, and then less than  30 seconds later, lunges at you from a completely different angle! If it were a more mystical baddie like Freddy, that might work, but since Leatherface is a completely human psycho, it doesn't work.
Now, for what I liked best:
1. The live show 'Jack's Carnival of Carnage' was loads of fun, lots of great laughs, and first introduced Chance. It also made for a pretty good magic show.
2. 'Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw.' This proved to be a very scary House which made me loudly scream at least once! It also used a lot of very diverse settings from the movie, and made the most of them.

3. 'Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers.' Loved the film series, and loved what they did with the House. It had a good intro/ story behind it (As shown in the preview video they showed in the queue line), plenty of scares, and just really fit well.
4. 'Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays.' Funny, scary, and I could tell the Scareactors were having a ball in it!

Oh, and yes, your avatar photo IS cute!

Edited by Nightcrawler

13 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Again, dislikes first:
1. 'Vampyr: Bloodbath.' The very first House I hit, and I'm glad, because I thought it was really dumb. I saw very little theme to it, just not interesting at all.
2. No official Scarezones, just random areas where certain groups of Scareactors would hang out.
3. This might be just a minor quibble, but I thought one part of the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' show kind of lapsed in logic. I mean, at one point near the end, a Leatherface pops out at us from behind a fence, and then less than  30 seconds later, lunges at you from a completely different angle! If it were a more mystical baddie like Freddy, that might work, but since Leatherface is a completely human psycho, it doesn't work.
1. The live show 'Jack's Carnival of Carnage' was loads of fun, lots of great laughs, and first introduced Chance. It also made for a pretty good magic show.
2. 'Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw.' This proved to be a very scary House which made me loudly scream at least once! It also used a lot of very diverse settings from the movie, and made the most of them.

3. 'Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers.' Loved the film series, and loved what they did with the House. It had a good intro/ story behind it (As shown in the preview video they showed in the queue line), plenty of scares, and just really fit well.
4. 'Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays.' Funny, scary, and I could tell the Scareactors were having a ball in it!

How was The Thing that year? Judging by old reviewes it seemed to be a love it or hate it house 

51 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Again, dislikes first:
3. This might be just a minor quibble, but I thought one part of the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' show kind of lapsed in logic. I mean, at one point near the end, a Leatherface pops out at us from behind a fence, and then less than  30 seconds later, lunges at you from a completely different angle! If it were a more mystical baddie like Freddy, that might work, but since Leatherface is a completely human psycho, it doesn't work.

thanks for telling me, and thanks about my avatar photo:wub: that makes me very happy

Edited by Nekosammy

2 hours ago, wow said:

How was The Thing that year? Judging by old reviewes it seemed to be a love it or hate it house 

I personally thought it was really good, from what I remembered of it. It had quite a few really good scares.
I liked that it right away showed what happened to the remaining survivors of the movie.

38 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I personally thought it was really good, from what I remembered of it. It had quite a few really good scares.
I liked that it right away showed what happened to the remaining survivors of the movie.

the thing probably was cool

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

So where is the "Clown Vampires" thing coming from? I'm wondering how they could put that in the Conjuring set.

Honestly, I don't like clowns (they're just not scary) but it sounds so stupid it just might work. :lol:

The rumored concept is "vampires can only come in if you let them", which would make it easy to explain why it's in a Conjuring aesthetic. The vampire clowns are invited in so we get to experience what they do

• Like 1

Just now, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^That kind of reminds me of the Supernatural season 2 episode "Everybody Loves A Clown."

I haven't seen that show but if I had to guess most of the scares will be clowns with vampire teeth 

6 hours ago, MoonKnight said:

I thought I was keeping up with this stuff but must've missed something where did vampire clowns come from and is that joke? 

Vampire clowns aren't anything official- I speculated off a a hint I believe Legacy stated that "you have to invite them (vampires) in." Between fitting the theme and the photos posted (that looks kinda clownish) its taken off here and on the other board as a potential idea.

It's kind of spiralling out of control, it was just a guess on my part but who knows 

Edited by Midnight Detective

5 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Vampire clowns aren't anything official- I speculated off a a hint I believe Legacy stated that "you have to invite them (vampires) in." Between fitting the theme and the photos posted (that looks kinda clownish) its taken off here and on the other board as a potential idea.

It's kind of spiralling out of control, it was just a guess on my part but who knows 

maybe vampires took over a circus

6 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Just making sure. Because then my next question would've been were these clowns that became vampires or vampires that went to clown college to entertain other vampires at birthdays and such :D

1 minute ago, MoonKnight said:

Just making sure. Because then my next question would've been were these clowns that became vampires or vampires that went to clown college to entertain other vampires at birthdays and such :D

that could make sense

36 minutes ago, Nekosammy said:

maybe vampires took over a circus

2 minutes ago, MoonKnight said:

Haha I actually thought it would work because by covering up in makeup they could block out the sunlight 

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic