HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Just now, Midnight Detective said:

Haha I actually thought it would work because by covering up in makeup they could block out the sunlight 

yea they are trying to take over the world and make them all vampires by disguising as clowns

1 hour ago, Midnight Detective said:

Haha I actually thought it would work because by covering up in makeup they could block out the sunlight 

I really hope this we don't get this. I wouldn't be able to handle the stupidity. Why can't the house  be abandoned? They wouldn't need permission. Then the house could be full of vampires that use it as shelter to get away from the sun. Or it could be used for the place where all the Vampires that have been casted out if the "Vampyr" congregation meet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKDean19 said:

I really hope this we don't get this. I wouldn't be able to handle the stupidity. Why can't the house  be abandoned? They wouldn't need permission. Then the house could be full of vampires that use it as shelter to get away from the sun. Or it could be used for the place where all the Vampires that have been casted out if the "Vampyr" congregation meet.

yeah that makes sense

I just signed up after following this thread for a few weeks and wanted to ask how did we get to the point where we believe the replacement house is vampire clowns? Is it because of the Vamp '74 rumor? After reading here about Universals' tendency to create houses based upon intellectual property that has a current tie in such as a new movie or show has anyone thought that maybe it's not going to be vampire clowns but 'It'? The movie opens in September, it's confirmed that they've gotten approval to use at least some of King's IP, It's a clown obviously, an abandoned house which seems to agree with the rumors about the facade and the last line of that recent teaser tweet posted actually ends with '...it will show.' 

Edited by Lar6767
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lar6767 said:

I just signed up after following this thread for a few weeks and wanted to ask how did we get to the point where we believe the replacement house is vampire clowns? Is it because of the Vamp '74 rumor? After reading here about Universals' tendency to create houses based upon intellectual property that has a current tie in such as a new movie or show has anyone thought that maybe it's not going to be vampire clowns but 'It'? The movie opens in September, it's confirmed that they've gotten approval to use at least some of King's IP, it's a clown obviously, an abandoned house which seems to be agree with the rumors about the facade and the last line of that recent teaser tweet posted actually ends with '...it will show.' 

It won't be used until next year so that they can use both movies to make a maze. The vampire clowns are based off of the superstition "a vampire can only come in if you let it", so it will not be the dark comedy house(Evil Dead will be). The Shining that HHN(Kubrick's) is using is NOT a King property because he does not have the rights to it, Warner Bros does. Also, Stephen King strongly disapproved of Kubrick's version and he is praising the 2017 version of It; and after HHN used The Shining without his permission he probably will not give It away. Back to vampire clowns: Vamp '74 was never gonna be a house, it was a nickname a person on IU(Legacy) gave to the Conjuring replacement; due to the fact it was vampire house with 70's aesthetics. 

11 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I just signed up after following this thread for a few weeks and wanted to ask how did we get to the point where we believe the replacement house is vampire clowns? Is it because of the Vamp '74 rumor? After reading here about Universals' tendency to create houses based upon intellectual property that has a current tie in such as a new movie or show has anyone thought that maybe it's not going to be vampire clowns but 'It'? The movie opens in September, it's confirmed that they've gotten approval to use at least some of King's IP, It's a clown obviously, an abandoned house which seems to agree with the rumors about the facade and the last line of that recent teaser tweet posted actually ends with '...it will show.' 

The Shining movie rights were owned by Warner Brothers. Stephen King has showed no interest in bringing his content to the parks for Halloween Horror Nights. I don't know who owns the rights to "it" but I very highly doubt it will show up. I'd like to see it as a house but the chances we have of ever seeing it are very slim.

Is any of that proven or just speculation? Why would they have to wait until the second movie comes out? They didnt wait until the entire AHS series was completed to create a house on it. And if it was based on It then the house would be based on the upcoming movie as well so why is that any different than basing the Shining on the movie and not the book. If he gave them approval for one why would he not for any of the others? The issue was that he had said no in the past but that has apparently changed and possibly because of the release of 'It'.

5 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

Is any of that proven or just speculation? Why would they have to wait until the second movie comes out? They didnt wait until the entire AHS series was completed to create a house on it. And if it was based on It then the house would be based on the upcoming movie as well so why is that any different than basing the Shining on the movie and not the book. If he gave them approval for one why would he not for any of the others? The issue was that he had said no in the past but that has apparently changed and possibly because of the release of 'It'.

They based the AHS house off of previous seasons. As for It, they would wait until the second one comes out because then they wouldn't have 2 years of It houses, but rather one year with a mega detailed and good It house. Stephen King gave away rights to The Shining because it was one of his first books to turn into movies *I think*, he still has to rights to It. Stephen King didn't give approval to The Shining because he didn't need to, it's not his property rights wise. 

Edited by wow

8 minutes ago, wow said:

They based the AHS house off of previous seasons. As for It, they would wait until the second one comes out because then they wouldn't have 2 years of It houses, but rather one year with a mega detailed and good It house. Stephen King gave away rights to The Shining because it was one of his first books to turn into movies *I think*, he still has to rights to It. Stephen King didn't give approval to The Shining because he didn't need to, it's not his property rights wise. 

Stephen King actually really didn't like Kubricks rendition of The Shining and went and made his own TV mini series but honestly from what I can remember of the TV series "IT" they wouldn't have to wait for the second movie. It really all takes place at the same locations in the town of Derry. The second part of the film should just be the kids from "The Losers Club" all grown up.

I don't think that would matter. From what I've read in this thread previously the reason they couldn't create houses based on his IP was that he wouldn't sign off on it. If they didn't need his approval then they would've went over his head and created them years ago. I think he still has ultimate say no matter who may have produced a movie. My point is that it makes a lot of sense to create buzz by doing an 'IT' based house when he has two movies based on his materials opening in the next two months. If he was ever going to allow it now would be the time and apparently he has okayed the Shining so maybe they've all been okayed.

10 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I don't think that would matter. From what I've read in this thread previously the reason they couldn't create houses based on his IP was that he wouldn't sign off on it. If they didn't need his approval then they would've went over his head and created them years ago. I think he still has ultimate say no matter who may have produced a movie. My point is that it makes a lot of sense to create buzz by doing an 'IT' based house when he has two movies based on his materials opening in the next two months. If he was ever going to allow it now would be the time and apparently he has okayed the Shining so maybe they've all been okayed.

King did not okay The Shining for HHN. I know it's from the Hollywood side, but Orlando would have to follow the same process as Hollywood to get the rights, John Murdy (creative director of HHN Hollywood) confirmed on twitter that he did not get King's agreement to The Shining maze. 

He hated Kubrick's version of The Shining so he abandoned the rights. He is praising the remake of IT so don't expect it to come anytime soon if he has anything to say about it, which he will. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I would honestly love a King mashup house. But. He doesn't want his material at these events, and he has the right to preserve his content in that sense. The only chance we have of getting a Stephen King house is somehow convincing him while he's still alive. When he passes I personally feel like that gate will be permanently shut.

14 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

King did not okay The Shining for HHN. I know it's from the Hollywood side, but Orlando would have to follow the same process as Hollywood to get the rights, John Murdy (creative director of HHN Hollywood) confirmed on twitter that he did not get King's agreement to The Shining maze. 

He hated Kubrick's version of The Shining so he abandoned the rights. He is praising the remake of IT so don't expect it to come anytime soon if he has anything to say about it, which he will. 

I doubt he abandoned the rights to the Shining. How would he have authorized the mini series then? He didn't like the adaptations of most of his books but I'm sure he didn't abandon them all. Lucas didn't like Empire but that doesnt mean he didn't still control the source material.

7 minutes ago, MKDean19 said:

I would honestly love a King mashup house. But. He doesn't want his material at these events, and he has the right to preserve his content in that sense. The only chance we have of getting a Stephen King house is somehow convincing him while he's still alive. When he passes I personally feel like that gate will be permanently shut.

Everyone keeps saying he doesn't want any of his IP at these events except that we know it's happening with the Shining. I understand he didn't like what Kubrick did with it but if he finally said ok to it you couldn't create a house based upon the Tim Daly mini series. People would lose their minds. It would have to be Jack.

11 minutes ago, Lar6767 said:

I doubt he abandoned the rights to the Shining. How would he have authorized the mini series then? He didn't like the adaptations of most of his books but I'm sure he didn't abandon them all. Lucas didn't like Empire but that doesnt mean he didn't still control the source material.

He abandoned any claim in the rights to Kubrick's film. He still owns the rights to the book, however he wants nothing to do with Kubrick's version of the film. So he turned the rights over (I'm talking about the rights to the 1980 film The Shining directed by Stanley Kubrick. Not the book.) to whoever owns it right now, I'm assuming Warner Brothers, and due to the success of The Exorcist maze they allowed The Shining to be a maze. The point is still that Stephen King had absolutely nothing to do with the deal for The Shining to come to HHN and you cannot argue against that because the man who had to obtain the rights to The Shining for the maze confirmed that King did not give any approval. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

14 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

He abandoned any claim in the rights to Kubrick's film. He still owns the rights to the book, however he wants nothing to do with Kubrick's version of the film. So he turned the rights over (I'm talking about the rights to the 1980 film The Shining directed by Stanley Kubrick. Not the book.) to whoever owns it right now, I'm assuming Warner Brothers, and due to the success of The Exorcist maze they allowed The Shining to be a maze. The point is still that Stephen King had absolutely nothing to do with the deal for The Shining to come to HHN and you cannot argue against that because the man who had to obtain the rights to The Shining for the maze confirmed that King did not give any approval. 

And I don't think King would like the fact that they're making a house of what he considers "one of the worst renditions of one of his novels to film." He probably also doesn't like that the film he hates so much is considered one of the best horror movies to date. Although he makes fantastic story's it's sad to say that we will have to live with them not making it to the event.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lar6767 said:

I was thinking the same thing that's why I had to ask. But that's what happens when there's no news seems like people cling on to anything. Maybe i imagined it but I thought one of the early rumors was an "it" house, with the movie it seemed to make sense to me but the rights are always a problem. 

I'm not sure why they picked vampires as the replacement personally I think there are so many other ways to go even if they already had a '70s aesthetic picked out. I was thinking they could've done a sequel to Dead End which was a house I really enjoyed from 2012, but isn't on anyone all time top ten. With the Gothic/catacombs sequel combo house they probably wouldn't want to do more sequel houses though. 

3 minutes ago, MoonKnight said:

I was thinking the same thing that's why I had to ask. But that's what happens when there's no news seems like people cling on to anything. Maybe i imagined it but I thought one of the early rumors was an "it" house, with the movie it seemed to make sense to me but the rights are always a problem. 

I'm not sure why they picked vampires as the replacement personally I think there are so many other ways to go even if they already had a '70s aesthetic picked out. I was thinking they could've done a sequel to Dead End which was a house I really enjoyed from 2012, but isn't on anyone all time top ten. With the Gothic/catacombs sequel combo house they probably wouldn't want to do more sequel houses though. 

Tbh I'm really surprised Gothic/Catacombs got a sequel before Nightengales or The In-Between. Not complaining though because I never got to do Catacombs and the Plague seems so cool to see in a maze.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wow said:

I would love a Stephen King mashup but to put it blankly it will never happen so long as Mr. King is alive

I've never read any King novels but seen several adaptations only one I could see working would be It, Carrie, and Cujo.  This is just my personal taste but pet cemetery, 1408, thinner, the mist, secret window, dead zone, lawnmower man I've seen and don't think they'd work. I think not having King properties is not that much of loss is what I'm saying, I think his adaptations have been more misses than hits maybe the source material is great but most people are more familiar with the movies than novels or short stories 

16 minutes ago, wow said:

Tbh I'm really surprised Gothic/Catacombs got a sequel before Nightengales or The In-Between. Not complaining though because I never got to do Catacombs and the Plague seems so cool to see in a maze.

I agree just a house during a plague with plague doctors, plague infected, paranoid villagers could be a great house without gargoyles. I'm probably most excited about the setting than it being a sequel

Edited by MoonKnight

I missed all the King spec. :(

We have Kubrick's Shining. Never expect a King approved house. Full stop. All spec is dead. The bridge is burnt. It will never happen. 

Tabitha, and his children will most likely be willed the rights. They will not disobey his wishes. 

It's not going to happen in our life time, folks. 

Now for the vampire clowns spec:

How? How in the world did we jump to this conclusion? That image doesn't look like a clown. There are far more likely "let me in" scenarios. 

You know what the image looks like? A black-eyed child. That's an urban legend turned creepypasta with serious "let me in" vampire potential. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I missed all the King spec. :(

We have Kubrick's Shining. Never expect a King approved house. Full stop. All spec is dead. The bridge is burnt. It will never happen. 

Tabitha, and his children will most likely be willed the rights. They will not disobey his wishes. 

It's not going to happen in our life time, folks. 

Now for the vampire clowns spec:

How? How in the world did we jump to this conclusion? That image doesn't look like a clown. There are far more likely "let me in" scenarios. 

You know what the image looks like? A black-eyed child. That's an urban legend turned creepypasta with serious "let me in" vampire potential. 

Dude if the house is based off the black eyed children I'd be so scared of that house. To say the least I'm proud of Universal for going the "let me in" route because it's very creepy and could fit in any enviornment  

Just now, wow said:

Dude if the house is based off the black eyed children I'd be so scared of that house. To say the least I'm proud of Universal for going the "let me in" route because it's very creepy and could fit in any enviornment  

I have no idea if UO went the "let me in" route, I'm just trying to figure out how we went from "remember you have to invite them in" to vampire clowns. 

There are tons of film representations of needing to "let them in" in the horror genre: Buffy (original movie), Let the Right One In, and The Lost Boys, the one my brain leaps to first are some examples. 

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I have no idea if UO went the "let me in" route, I'm just trying to figure out how we went from "remember you have to invite them in" to vampire clowns. 

There are tons of film representations of needing to "let them in" in the horror genre: Buffy (original movie), Let the Right One In, and The Lost Boys, the one my brain leaps to first are some examples. 

For the record actual terrifying vampires is what I'm hoping for. A real vampire house is at the top of things I want to see at HHN. My profile photo is even a Vampire: The Masquerade reference. 

I think vampire clowns is probably the worst idea possible because not only would it be another clown house, but they would literally be just clowns with fangs. I have no idea how it entered actual discussion and can't tell you how disappointed I'd be if it was somehow true

Edit: Legacy posted this on the other forum- I'm officially back on the hype train

It's also using the aesthetics of a residence. An actual house. With vampires. That's really all you need to know.

This will be a serious house. I'm still not 100% how it'll work but I'm very confident it won't be funny.
Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 2