HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I could get on board for this. Maybe it could be the "safe zone" a few people are always asking for.

While I'm against a "safe zone" at a horror event, I could get behind a place for some downtime...while still being heavily themed.

Maybe even sell some seasonally appropriate foods/drinks at each end of the zone so people can really get in the Halloween spirit (ciders, fritters, etc).

No!  Just..  NO!  If you want a "safe zone", go over to MIB.  Not a damn thing happening over there.

5 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

No!  Just..  NO!  If you want a "safe zone", go over to MIB.  Not a damn thing happening over there.

Whoh whoh whoh...stop the clock there Hunny.

I specifically said that I'm against a safe zone.

I just think that if they take the actors and most of the budget, and make another SZ around the back of park, but keep CP the same with the fall theme...that could be a pleasant distraction. Especially now that B&T is going away. 

• Like 1

Anyone find this suspicious?

Also every single year there is a One IP that usually is announced on a Website before announced Publicly (2016 Krampus, 2015 TWD, Etc). 

What if Blumhouse is announced on their Website? You know the Blumhouse Website.

20 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Also every single year there is a One IP that usually is announced on a Website before announced Publicly (2016 Krampus, 2015 TWD, Etc). 

What if Blumhouse is announced on their Website? You know the Blumhouse Website.

What the....???

23 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

They have posted it at least 4 times over the last two days. My guess it is a complete mistake on their part on misunderstanding what has actually been announced.

Crowne Plaza's social team are just being idiots:

X2XvMrf.jpg

(The 'video example' below that was the SAW announcement)

I replied explaining that no, those are IP houses. They need to be careful about this shit, not only because fans take it as gospel, but because UO's people are on the lookout for true leaks. 

Above is Exhibit A in Marketing's inability to effectively market HHN this year! Why A and not Z? This is another freaking corporation!!! Fans should not be the ones needing to correct erroneous information being distributed by another corporation. This tweet is the best example of how ineffective marketing has been this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Above is Exhibit A in Marketing's inability to effectively market HHN this year! Why A and not Z? This is another freaking corporation!!! Fans should not be the ones needing to correct erroneous information being distributed by another corporation. This tweet is the best example of how ineffective marketing has been this year.

Really?  It's marketing's fault another company had the wrong info?  Was it the white house's fault when people were declaring Gore beat Bush in the election?  Was it the NBA's fault when teams were reporting Kevin Love was traded last season?  Was it HBO's fault that an Indian Vendor released their latest episode of Game of Thrones early on the streaming service?

Spoiler Alert:  Publix or Burger King are going to have displays or cups out before the full reveal, might as well start crafting your post to blame marketing right now.

It's a hotel PR person, who clearly doesn't give a crap about HHN, trying to read up on something they don't understand and drum up some business.

EDIT:  Also to note, your interpretation to the word ORIGINAL is in the context of IPs and insider speak for HHN.  Keep in mind, that other places, like Howl O' Scream, have REPEAT houses.  So all the houses at HHN this year are in fact original.  None of them have ever appeared at HHN Orlando before.  Saw, Purge, etc have been there before...but these are new, different, unique houses based on the IP.  They are original as they have never appeared any place before.

It's a mistake, but it's an understandable one....and nothing to blame on marketing.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Have any Annual Passholders been able to RSVP to the early access event listed on the UO blog? If so, where?

"Early Access Events for Halloween Horror Nights

Valid Seasonal and Annual Passholders receive advanced admission to three houses Sept. 15, 16, 22 and 23 (must RSVP and have a valid event ticket)."

17 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Really?  It's marketing's fault another company had the wrong info?  Was it the white house's fault when people were declaring Gore beat Bush in the election?  Was it the NBA's fault when teams were reporting Kevin Love was traded last season?  Was it HBO's fault that an Indian Vendor released their latest episode of Game of Thrones early on the streaming service?

Spoiler Alert:  Publix or Burger King are going to have displays or cups out before the full reveal, might as well start crafting your post to blame marketing right now.

It's a hotel PR person, who clearly doesn't give a crap about HHN, trying to read up on something they don't understand and drum up some business.

Yes. Effective marketing would have noticed another company using the hashtag and corrected the erroneous information. 

Those other comparisons are inaccurate and Universal did react to the past reveals by corporate partners. A company has claimed that HHNOrlando has revealed all their themes. They made this claim while using a hashtag designed to track conversation regarding the event. While fans of the event know more information is to come, a person who doesn't follow the event would see the words "all their themes" and see only 4 houses. This error could, in fact, harm potential sales. My issue is not the fact that Crowne posted inaccurate information, but that it took fans of HHN to correct the information. A quick - "There's more to come. We haven't revealed all the horrors, yet!" reply by HHNOrlando would have sufficed. 

By the way, it was HBO's fault that episode 6 was leaked yesterday. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I've always felt that in front of men in black should be a scare zone, it always feels like a very long and uninteresting walk from San Francisco to Central Park.

The main reason it's never been an official scarezone is because it's just to busy there. The area in front of MIB has the entrances to 2 houses, the exits of 3 houses and the crowds from Bill and Ted. Try getting through that area after a B&T show gets out and it's a nightmare. Now if you added set pieces and scareactors to that mess as well...yikes! However with the show gone next year things might change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Maybe even sell some seasonally appropriate foods/drinks at each end of the zone so people can really get in the Halloween spirit (ciders, fritters, etc).

Listen, I would cry happy tears all over that damn park if they sold hot cider/fritters/cider donuts/pumpkin goodness. Don't get my hopes up. WHY do they not offer proper fall/Halloween snacks??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Listen, I would cry happy tears all over that damn park if they sold hot cider/fritters/cider donuts/pumpkin goodness. Don't get my hopes up. WHY do they not offer proper fall/Halloween snacks??

Florida is mostly hot in Sept-Oct?

39 minutes ago, thefitness said:

Have any Annual Passholders been able to RSVP to the early access event listed on the UO blog? If so, where?

"Early Access Events for Halloween Horror Nights

Valid Seasonal and Annual Passholders receive advanced admission to three houses Sept. 15, 16, 22 and 23 (must RSVP and have a valid event ticket)."

Nope no link yet. Will probably be beginning of September 

No one even noticed that tweet until we did. It still doesn't have that much mileage. Barely any retweets and I don't see people freaking out about it like they did when someone retweeted the Annoucement Week from 2013 and people learned they can't read dates.

Yes, Universal should have to go through every first or third party media account to make sure no one says dumb stuff about an event that account doesn't have involvement in besides maybe some advertisement. Why?

I know this is the "Shit on Marketing" year but if people think that HHN lost 5 houses, even though the official Twitter released pictures of 2 unconfirmed houses (stated as unconfirmed originals) and every piece of media says 9 houses (A 5/4 split flat out stated on Twitter when Mike or whoever took it that one night) and they're gonna believe some third party account over all the contradictions, I have NO sympathy for them. 

People don't need to be spoonfed.

20 hours ago, marmoset said:

Exactly. 

The other rules include. 

-always wear a costume

-always pass out treats

-always check your candy

And NEVER blow out a Jack O Lantern before midnight

Don't forget the rule about never going out alone. That rule was at the core of Laurie's story.

15 hours ago, faceleg said:

As someone from the midwest that lived in FL a few years I can tell you.... FL is a different planet when it comes to seasonal type things like that. Its too hot, nothing changes color, etc. A lot of the things people in the north associate with Falll/Halloween doesnt happen in the south. But I think HHN does a great job of recreating that feel, granted we are sweating our asses off! LOL

But any southern folk that havent experienced a bonfire on a cool Fall evening or even an out door party on halloween up here its highly recommended!  Also bonus for me this year.... our local haunted (voted #1 in Illinois!) will be going full steam on Friday the 13th this year! I work with the guy that runs it and we are pretty stoked that its happening like that this year!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I can't even begin to put into words how happy & excited I will be if/when TrT is announced. If I could make a list of the top 5 dream IP's I'd love to see at HHN, TrT would absolutely be on it! Such a good Halloween movie.

I'm so curious to see how they're gonna make it work too. The Central Park area felt slightly more confined to me last year, as opposed to the other scare zones, I'm wondering if they're gonna have all the characters from the movie out at the same time or if they'll do cast changes with different characters at different times.

However it's done, I know that'll be the SZ I spend the most time in this year! 

I feel the exact same way!
I think 'TrT' would work better as a House than as a SZ, but I'll take whatever I can get!
I also like the idea someone suggested of a place to buy "Fall"- themed foods like cider, apple fritters, and pumpkin- spice everything!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

As someone from the midwest that lived in FL a few years I can tell you.... FL is a different planet when it comes to seasonal type things like that. Its too hot, nothing changes color, etc. A lot of the things people in the north associate with Falll/Halloween doesnt happen in the south. But I think HHN does a great job of recreating that feel, granted we are sweating our asses off! LOL

But any southern folk that havent experienced a bonfire on a cool Fall evening or even an out door party on halloween up here its highly recommended!  Also bonus for me this year.... our local haunted (voted #1 in Illinois!) will be going full steam on Friday the 13th this year! I work with the guy that runs it and we are pretty stoked that its happening like that this year!

I sold my soul to a certain mouse last year so I've spent every season in FL. Even though I've worn shorts and a t shirt to every HHN I've gone to, I would still gladly sip hot apple cider walking through the scarezones. Last year I substituted that with hot butterbeer (10/10 strongly recommend). Even though it's usually hot/warm, i still think they would make a killing selling fall treats at a booth. 

Edited by QueenoftheBunnies

10 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I sold my soul to a certain mouse last year so I've spent every season in FL. Even though I've worn shorts and a t shirt to every HHN I've gone to, I would still gladly sip hot apple cider walking through the scarezones. Last year I substituted that with hot butterbeer (10/10 strongly recommend). Even though it's usually hot/warm, i still think they would make a killing selling fall treats at a booth.

oh no doubt! You figure they would.... Id also gain 15 pounds even though I usually lose weight at HHN!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

oh no doubt! You figure they would.... Id also gain 15 pounds even though I usually lose weight at HHN!

You're correct - it is usually damn hot.  I do love the Fall here in Chicago - the only thing I hate about it is that when it's over, winter comes.  WINTER SUCKS.  Anyway, even if they didn't do the "hot" drinks - there is no reason not to do pumpkin spice or apple donuts.  That's a staple here in the fall at all the apple orchards and such.  They do well with sweet treats, and I can't fathom why they don't add this kind of thing to it.  God knows, Universal has the best caramel apples on the planet.  That's a start.. 

So, it's Thursday.  Shall we start taking bets?

• Like 1