HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

10 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

^This. 

This is why it will be called Ash vs. the Evil Dead. Considering individuals on this forum are confusing the reboot with the original, it makes perfect sense to highlight the fact that this is ASH not Mia. 

They aren't bringing it back. Evil Dead 1 and 2 have never been at the event.

The reboot took a far more serious route than the original Evil Dead. 

I'm aware that it was based off the reboot. I'm also aware that one of the main differences between them, the seriousness, doesn't really translate directly over when making a house. The surroundings were the same. The theme was the same. Most of the effects were the same. It's the same.

The only difference film wise is that the original Evil Dead (which was way better) was made like 36 years ago and it still holds it's own as a horror film. How many people are going to care about the reboot in 36 years from when it was made?

Notice the sentence. Things just got exciting. When the rumors started, I thought there was no way Orlando would leave The Thing if it were on the table. So what if something(IP or Original) were changed & now The Thing is coming back to the event? It just makes sense to me, especially since Mike really loved the maze & the property & i'm sure would jump at the chance to do another one. 

Of course it could be something entirely different but just my thought process..

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'm aware that it was based off the reboot. I'm also aware that one of the main differences between them, the seriousness, doesn't really translate directly over when making a house. The surroundings were the same. The theme was the same. Most of the effects were the same. It's the same.

The only difference film wise is that the original Evil Dead (which was way better) was made like 36 years ago and it still holds it's own as a horror film. How many people are going to care about the reboot in 36 years from when it was made?

I have a feeling I will, 4 years away from release and I consider it my 3rd favorite horror movie of all time and my 9th favorite movie ever. I strongly prefer it over the original, like as in I don't really like the original (I've yet to see the second or third). 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41
  • Like 1

the thing is a classic, i saw the maze pov it was cool

36 minutes ago, SirOwenDisney said:

Notice the sentence. Things just got exciting. When the rumors started, I thought there was no way Orlando would leave The Thing if it were on the table. So what if something(IP or Original) were changed & now The Thing is coming back to the event? It just makes sense to me, especially since Mike really loved the maze & the property & i'm sure would jump at the chance to do another one. 

Of course it could be something entirely different but just my thought process..

yea the thing worked pretty well

35 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I have a feeling I will, 4 years away from release and I consider it my 3rd favorite horror movie of all time and my 9th favorite movie ever. I strongly prefer it over the original, like as in I don't really like the original (I've yet to see the second or third). 

I really like the reboot.  Like others have stated, it went after the genuine horror feel, and achieved it, IMO.  With that being said, you're doing yourself a disservice by not seeing at least Evil Dead 2.  It is Evil Dead with a bigger budget, better effects and slapstick, making it a great horror-comedy.  If that's not your thing, then I get it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sikbyrd350 said:

I really like the reboot.  Like others have stated, it went after the genuine horror feel, and achieved it, IMO.  With that being said, you're doing yourself a disservice by not seeing at least Evil Dead 2.  It is Evil Dead with a bigger budget, better effects and slapstick, making it a great horror-comedy.  If that's not your thing, then I get it.

I'll get to it at some point, i do want to just haven't got around to it. It'll be higher priority if this is true about the house. 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I'll get to it at some point, i do want to just haven't got around to it. It'll be higher priority if this is true about the house. 

The Evil Dead franchise is amazing, I was a fan before the reboot but the reboot was the best. It's one of my favorite horror movies for sure. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Anybody else think this could suggest more issues meaning more rejigging? Could help explain lack of updates....

Maybe it could, i dont know if it will? probably

Edited by Nekosammy

No icon. But there are the Elite Soul Collectors.

Also there is a Countdown on the Website for 34 Days which is Thursday August 3rd. Which I presume is the Full Reveal with Original Mazes, Scare Zones, and Shows.

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Also there is a Countdown on the Website for 34 Days which is Thursday August 3rd. Which I presume is the Full Reveal with Original Mazes, Scare Zones, and Shows.

I like it, we've moved from tweets that say nothing, to videos that say nothing. That's an improvement!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

I really don't know how I feel about this. Seems....millennial. Ugh. :/

• Like 1

Okay, so there's a place to sign up w/email and physical address to get 'Soul collector' crap? Gave me a free wallpaper for signing up, looks like more 'rewards' are available as time goes on. 

ETA, just a thought, are WE the Elite Soul Collectors? There are links to invite friends and it seems like a competitive thing. I'll be damned if they're using more interactive elements in order to market. Smart, but annoying 

Edited by Alice

There is a bald man in a washed out desert environment during the "jumpscare" parts you can see him I think three times as well as a rotting face also with a yellow tint, could this be a reimagined crow?

If we think the candles represent houses, should I be concerned that there are now only 8 candles?

Edited by Jediwhit82

4 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

There is a bald man in a washed out desert environment during the "jumpscare" parts you can see him I think three times as well as a rotting face also with a yellow tint, could this be a reimagined crow?

yea it could, i wish they were icons

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

cool commercial though.... so we have to wait another month for something? I hope thats not the case.

33 days puts us just over into august, isn't that when they usually do the full reveal?