HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

Ash vs Evil Dead being Evil Dead 1 and 2 seems realistic to you? It seems a bit wonky to me.

Not really too crazy. Last year's American Horror Story was called "American Horror Story" but only focused on 3 seasons, instead of all 5 at the time. They're only calling it Ash vs Evil Dead to promote the show, + everyone wants to see Evil Dead 1 & 2 so it works out for everyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wow said:

Not really too crazy. Last year's American Horror Story was called "American Horror Story" but only focused on 3 seasons, instead of all 5 at the time. They're only calling it Ash vs Evil Dead to promote the show, + everyone wants to see Evil Dead 1 & 2 so it works out for everyone.

I don't really want to see Evil Dead. They just did it a few years back. Evil Dead 2 takes place in the same location as the 1st one so what extra material would they even add? 

If they're going to use the name of a tv show, use the damn material from the show.

I don't want this to be a bait and switch with the switch being another AWiL situation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I don't really want to see Evil Dead. They just did it a few years back. Evil Dead 2 takes place in the same location as the 1st one so what extra material would they even add? 

If they're going to use the name of a tv show, use the damn material from the show.

I don't want this to be a bait and switch with the switch being another AWiL situation.

I'm not too crazy about but Evil Dead but I never did it in 2013, so I'm just hoping it's fun. I think the only reason they're naming it Ash vs Evil Dead is because if they named it "Evil Dead" people would confuse it for what was at 23, which was based off of the remake. Since it's named after the show, people will think it's something new; I don't agree with it but I see why they did it

3 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

A number of things on the house list seem odd and pretty stupid, frankly.

To me the only weird thing on it is the Vampire/Conjuring replacement maze. Unless it's based off Vamp *insert year* or Castle Vampyr I really don't know what they could do

9 minutes ago, wow said:

I'm not too crazy about but Evil Dead but I never did it in 2013, so I'm just hoping it's fun. I think the only reason they're naming it Ash vs Evil Dead is because if they named it "Evil Dead" people would confuse it for what was at 23, which was based off of the remake. Since it's named after the show, people will think it's something new; I don't agree with it but I see why they did it

I don't mind if they bring houses back. There are only so many popular enough films to choose from that would get the people going. However, using shady false advertisements to cover up a repeat from only a few years back is just lame in my opinion. They couldn't wait another year or two to bring it back, or better yet, actually use material from the show? If this rumor turns out to be true I guess that will be one house I'll only need to visit a couple times. 

17 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

A number of things on the house list seem odd and pretty stupid, frankly.

Examples other than this Evil Dead silliness?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I don't mind if they bring houses back. There are only so many popular enough films to choose from that would get the people going. However, using shady false advertisements to cover up a repeat from only a few years back is just lame in my opinion. They couldn't wait another year or two to bring it back, or better yet, actually use material from the show? If this rumor turns out to be true I guess that will be one house I'll only need to visit a couple times. 

They really are running out of things. I mean, next year will probably be the end of AHS at Orlando because they won't have anything to work with(season 7 is based on the election so Universal won't mess with that). Also, they should really branch out into more stuff(like video games, other TV shows, maybe a music house a la Hollywood). Idk, I just think eventually they need to give other properties a shot before doing more respeats; hell they could've done It this year.

Anyone else wish they could do a year like 2009, 2008, or 2011 again? Those years seem to be regarded as some of the best years in HHN history. I wish they would bring back the Usher or Lady Luck because they had a really strong Lineup when those two ran their own events

23 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I'll go on record to say that Blumhouse always seemed a bit off to me. Especially in Orlando. Hope I'm wrong though, that one really has some potential to be great

Yeah that one seems off to me too. It was heavily rumored at first that it was a Hollywood exclusive so idk how it turned into an Orlando maze, but it does make sense marketing maze and should be a pretty good maze.

Edited by wow

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Jigsaw = boring as hell, already did this dull type of house

Evil Dead = for reasons mentioned

Shining = won't be executed well b/c can't match the size of the actual house

Bayou of Blood will be a snore fest imo

Blumhouse = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

^Yeah! A house with a STEAMBOAT FACADE is going to be a snore fest. One of the most clamored for IPs of all time will be, as well!

In fact, I'm going to apply your attitude to HHN 18 (since I was lucky enough to go that year):
Scary Tales and Body Collectors: WE'VE HAD THESE ALREADY UGH

Dead Exposure: Just a bunch of tarp and flashing lights!
Doomsday: A house on a movie that no one cared about?!

Reflections of Fear: Very short! This is what they gave us for an icon house?

Creatures: The creatures never worked and it was mostly rednecks anyway! What a rip-off!

See how easy it is to find negative things when you're looking for them? I honestly don't know why you go to HHN.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^Yeah! A house with a STEAMBOAT FACADE is going to be a snore fest. One of the most clamored for IPs of all time will be, as well!

In fact, I'm going to apply your attitude to HHN 18 (since I was lucky enough to go that year):

Creatures: The creatures never worked and it was mostly rednecks anyway! What a rip-off!

See how easy it is to find negative things when you're looking for them? I honestly don't know why you go to HHN.

well he is critical of his analysis. 

• Like 5

Bayou of Blood should be really good if they can execute it properly, I'm really excited to see how the steamboats gonna look. I agree with Critical on The Shining solely because idk how they're gonna replicate the scaling and pull off some of the scenes, but it will be in a soundstage so I'm confident in it.

• Like 2

Oddly enough, I gotta agree with Critical again when it comes to The Shining. I would honestly bet money that the blood elevator scene is going to be done FvJ style with a screen. Plus the hotel is so massive I can't imagine that they would do it justice. But then again, people were unsure about the Exorcist house last year and that was done pretty well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nekosammy said:

I hope we get a saw maze this year, and i am new here so.. Hi!!!

We are getting a saw maze, but it will be solely based off of Jigsaw(well at least in Hollywood it is, I don't think Orlando would do another mashup)

Just now, Nekosammy said:

good beacause there really good movies, except the last one, which sucked

Since you're new I'll just give you the whole lineup for HHN 27:

- AHS: Asylum, Coven, Roanoke

- The Shining

- Blumhouse Mashup(Get Out, Split, Insidious, Ouija, and Sinister)

- Jigsaw

- Evil Dead

- Bayou of Blood

- Gothic/Catacombs Crossover

- Scarecrow maze set in the Dust Bowl

- Vampire maze

3 hours ago, wow said:

All right, when I first heard they were doing this I was kind of miffed, since I love the show and Evil Dead 2 is basically just The Evil Dead but with a higher budget. But putting it from that marketing standpoint - don't give it the same name as a past house if it's not a real repeat a la AWiL - it makes a lot of sense. The promotion for the house should be able to make it pretty clear what the actual theme is anyway, so it's not as though it will truly be false advertising to anyone who actually paid attention to the promotional material for the event.

Edited by TheMutantJinx

5 minutes ago, TheMutantJinx said:

All right, when I first heard they were doing this I was kind of miffed, since I love the show and Evil Dead 2 is basically just The Evil Dead but with a higher budget. But putting it from that marketing standpoint - don't give it the same name as a past house if it's not a real repeat a la AWiL - it makes a lot of sense. The promotion for the house should be able to make it pretty clear what the actual theme is anyway, so it's not as though it will truly be false advertising to anyone who actually paid attention to the promotional material for the event.

Hopefully HHN has learned that literal repeat houses(AVP at Hollywood, AWiL in Orlando) never do well and are generally never asked for.

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

:)

1) Difference is Jigsaw, scenery wise, will be EXTREMELY similar to the other Saw movies. Hence why if ST/BC did comparable environments I would shit on it. Thankfully, they didn't. Hence why when Creative has free reign they know often times near-exact replicas suck.

2) I agree, overrated as hell house.

3) Correct, hence why it sucked.

4) Hence, why most people were very disappointing.

5) I mean I agree with this here minus the redneck part.