Unmasking the Horror Tour

jek

22 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Also, any reason why the info came out of Universal Orlando Twitter and not the HHN Orlando Twitter?

Well that's bc Chris asked directly.

I'll bet a phone call would clear it up... until you call again, get a different person, and they tell you something different.

It's the weekend. Anyone know anyone that went on it today?

8 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Why the hell cant they just only not allow pictures in AHS(I'm assuming that AHS is the problem) but let it continue elsewhere?! I really wanted a picture of the entrance to Exorcist (I could just drive 30 minutes to the actual location, but it's not the same)

You can get pictures of the facade. But the only houses that have a facade you can get a decent picture of is the outside of Halloween and Exorcist 

10 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Confirmed with guest relations tonight in person that pictures of the facades and Ghost Town are allowed (GT is the only original included in one of the tours). No pictures for IPs confirmed. Just got a refund for my 2PM tour tomorrow. This sucks. 

Wait did you ask if you could go on the tour and still get a refund, it sounds like you can from what other people are saying

36 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Wait did you ask if you could go on the tour and still get a refund, it sounds like you can from what other people are saying

No I didn't even think about that to be honest. Can anyone confirm if that is possible? Seems unlikely but if that's true now I'm even more bummed out. Lol

52 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Confirmed with guest relations tonight in person that pictures of the facades and Ghost Town are allowed (GT is the only original included in one of the tours). No pictures for IPs confirmed. Just got a refund for my 2PM tour tomorrow. This sucks. 

Does Facades include mid-house ones, such as the three in AHS, and Haddonfield Memorial hospital?

I did the PM tour this past Sunday. We got Krampus, Exorcist, and Ghost Town. I'm guessing AHS is the IP that fucked things up.

Before the tour, they told us we could receive a full refund since pictures in the IP houses are not allowed. Bummer since I wanted pics with Regan and Krampus. 

Still felt like like the tour was worth the time and money. We learned a lot about the extra details inside the houses and our tour guide, Matt, seemed as pissed about the IP situation and encouraged everyone to complain so corporate would hear the feedback.

Tour still broke? Welp, either my person was wrong or this is a complicated issue.

I would think, if it was just one IP, they would just go around it. Unless there is some kind of corporate red tape involved.

But I've also been told it is an issue with the Exorcist and the likeness of Linda Blair. So IDK.

2 hours ago, JDW said:

Tour still broke? Welp, either my person was wrong or this is a complicated issue.

I would think, if it was just one IP, they would just go around it. Unless there is some kind of corporate red tape involved.

But I've also been told it is an issue with the Exorcist and the likeness of Linda Blair. So IDK.

We were told no pics inside IP houses because it came from corporate. Ghost Town was fair game.

I assumed AHS was the IP since the evening tour seems to have switched AHS for Krampus. 

4 hours ago, Tich0las said:

We were told no pics inside IP houses because it came from corporate. Ghost Town was fair game.

I assumed AHS was the IP since the evening tour seems to have switched AHS for Krampus. 

Well TBF Linda Blair had no problem with her likeness being used. But that says nothing for money hungry lawyers.

Maybe we'll never know for sure. But is this the end of the UMTH. I mean I haven't been on one in two years because of the price hikes and the deluge of people they cram on the tour. So, if you aren't super big on pics, I can see this working in your favor. It will thin the herd.

• Like 1

Also wanted to point out, before they told us no pics, they mentioned how the news had already  hit the Internet "like a bomb". They're definitely monitoring this site and Orlando United for reactions.

I found the tour to be worth while from a design aspect. Pics were secondary. Honestly didn't take a single photo inside Ghost Town. I was too busy gawking over everything. Plus, as soon as one person took a photo of something, another person in the group HAD to do it too; causing a chain reaction. 

16 hours ago, Tich0las said:

Also wanted to point out, before they told us no pics, they mentioned how the news had already  hit the Internet "like a bomb". They're definitely monitoring this site and Orlando United for reactions.

I found the tour to be worth while from a design aspect. Pics were secondary. Honestly didn't take a single photo inside Ghost Town. I was too busy gawking over everything. Plus, as soon as one person took a photo of something, another person in the group HAD to do it too; causing a chain reaction. 

See when I did them I was always one step ahead of the group or one step behind. I want to document as much detail as possible. Otherwise the houses disappear from my memory eventually. The stories are interesting and I love many of their tour guides, but I'm there to document the sets. A few years ago, it just became impossible to do. Their were so many people on the tours I had to be either too far behind or too far ahead. Plus the price hikes overall killed the tradition.

• Like 1

It is absolutely mind boggling that it's been a week and they've still not resolved the issue. I wonder if they've handled any partial refunds, for if you still would like to do the tour, but it's unfair for those who aren't allowed take photos, while we paid the same price as those who were able to. I'm really crossing my fingers that they're able to get this resolved by this weekend. Really breaks my heart to not be able to photograph the tour this year. 

9 hours ago, TheBlueBlazer said:

It is absolutely mind boggling that it's been a week and they've still not resolved the issue. I wonder if they've handled any partial refunds, for if you still would like to do the tour, but it's unfair for those who aren't allowed take photos, while we paid the same price as those who were able to. I'm really crossing my fingers that they're able to get this resolved by this weekend. Really breaks my heart to not be able to photograph the tour this year. 

We were told this was the new rule for rest of this year and the website no longer says you get to photograph everything.